Iron Man vs. Jean Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coosie
No phoenix who wins?

Draco69
Could go either way. I'm sure he has protections against telepathy (although not against Vertigo apparently...) so TK's the best way to go.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Draco69
Could go either way. I'm sure he has protections against telepathy (although not against Vertigo apparently...) so TK's the best way to go.

remember, all tech and powers were turned off during the Savage land story when Vertigo took him down

grey fox
He loses...badly..............

wannabe
Originally posted by grey fox
He loses...badly.............. Exactly!!! yes

Even without her Phoenix powers she is the the second strongest telepath and even the strongest telekinetic on earth with the ability to manipulate matter on a at least molecular level, so...

Sixth_Winged
Jean grey forcibly removes tony's armor parts one by one. Her TK is that strong.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Jean grey forcibly removes tony's armor parts one by one. Her TK is that strong.

Depends on which armor he's wearing. I think his SKIN armor had toughness approaching lowgrade adamantium. Doesn't really matter as she can just pull his heart out of his ass.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by TheKahn
Depends on which armor he's wearing. I think his SKIN armor had toughness approaching lowgrade adamantium. Doesn't really matter as she can just pull his heart out of his ass.

laughing out loud that would be a sight to behold........or disgustingly not stick out tongue

bitca730
So its possible for her to remove his armour and then attackk him mentally? Or just let him fall to his death...or speed up the process and use TK to slam him to the ground?

Thunderstrike
What if he uni-beams her before she gets the chance?

GalacticStorm
She could telekinetically affect the inner workings of his armour, disabling its features. She could then finish him off telepathically. All throughout her telekinesis would protect her for as long as she takes to take him out.

Jean wins the majority without a doubt.

Tshern
Doesn't Ironman have a device that protects him from telepathy? I once made a Cable vs Ironman thread and someone said he has installed a device against all telepathy to the armor...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
What if he uni-beams her before she gets the chance?

She'll be able to have tk shields up before that could happen. Thats standard practice for any tk when theyre going into battle.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Tshern
Doesn't Ironman have a device that protects him from telepathy? I once made a Cable vs Ironman thread and someone said he has installed a device against all telepathy to the armor...

Thats why i said she telekinetically disables his armours inner workings prior to a telepathic assault. stick out tongue

bitca730
...Jean wins IMO...

Tshern
I really didn't disagree with you, just didn't spot your post. But he still has a device like that, right?

GalacticStorm
I really didn't disagree with you, just didn't spot your post. But he still has a device like that, right?

Yeah i know you didnt disagree. I just assumed you missed my post. I dont know for certain as im not a big Iron Man follower however its more than likely he has some form of tp defence.

Tshern
I might be wrong, but I think it was a gadget originally invented by Reed. Possibly not blocking all telepathy, but it might be really tough nut to crack for a pure telepath.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
She'll be able to have tk shields up before that could happen. Thats standard practice for any tk when theyre going into battle.

Would it hold up? The Uni-beam is pretty powerful.

Tshern
And Magneto's helmet is able to block telepathy too...

GalacticStorm
Would it hold up? The Uni-beam is pretty powerful.

It wouldnt have to hold up long because it wouldnt take Jean long for her to disable his armours inner workings telekinetically. It just has to protect from any initial onslaught, buy her time to work her magic. wink

Thunderstrike
How do we know that Tony's armor doesn't already have a failsafe for telepaths? He's got counter-measures for every ability of every Avenger in his armor.

GalacticStorm
How do we know that Tony's armor doesn't already have a failsafe for telepaths? He's got counter-measures for every ability of every Avenger in his armor.

Read the previous posts. Theres a difference between telepathy and telekinesis. She would disable his armours functions telekinetically before taking him out telepathically.

Either way you dont know in the first place whether he definitely does have TP safety measures so you cant make a counter point based on speculation.

Thunderstrike
It's not speculation. It's fact. Tony Stark has countermeasures for every Avengers member built into his armor. Mandarin could have tried the same thing numerous times, but never has, mostly because he knows that Iron Man would probably have a counter-offensive already prepared. I wouldn't be suprised if it would send a mental backlash.

GalacticStorm
It's not speculation. It's fact. Tony Stark has countermeasures for every Avengers member built into his armor. Mandarin could have tried the same thing numerous times, but never has, mostly because he knows that Iron Man would probably have a counter-offensive already prepared. I wouldn't be suprised if it would send a mental backlash.

So you can reference scenes where its stated/shown that Iron Man has telepathic safety measures? If so please do so cos right now theres nothing to make me believe this anything but speculation.

Either way, its irrelevant because of the Tk tactic. wink

Thunderstrike
Here's the question: Would Jean be able to shield a blast from a beam that is far beyond what Sentinels usualy use, and pull his armor apart at the same time?

Also, Tony has only needed to use those countermeasures twice: Once to halt Wanda Maximoff, by negating her hex magic. The other time he was able to grab Namor and dehydrate him, leaving him weakened considerably.

grey fox
And Magneto's helmet is able to block telepathy too...

Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it , a billion dollar suit of titanium armour with enough weapons to make Hiroshima's look like a puff of smoke can't stand up to Tp whereas a bucket can.

GalacticStorm
Here's the question: Would Jean be able to shield a blast from a beam that is far beyond what Sentinels usualy use, and pull his armor apart at the same time?

Shes one of the most powerful telekinetics on the planet and one of the few omega level mutants on the planet. So of course she would. Your comments about the relative power of Iron Mans blasts compared to a Sentinels is speculation, your opinion.

Also, Tony has only needed to use those countermeasures twice: Once to halt Wanda Maximoff, by negating her hex magic. The other time he was able to grab Namor and dehydrate him, leaving him weakened considerably.

What does this have to do with anything? confused

Thunderstrike
Shes one of the most powerful telekinetics on the planet and one of the few omega level mutants on the planet. So of course she would. Your comments about the relative power of Iron Mans blasts compared to a Sentinels is speculation, your opinion.

You don't read much Iron Man, then. That's what the blast is compared to. In fact, he's the one who designed the newest Sentinel models. Not speculation at all. wink

grey fox

What does this have to do with anything? confused

Strikes just brining some Iron-Man respect to the table is all , nothing to get annoyed about GS.

BlaqChaos
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jean have trouble with the nano-sentinels...

Thunderstrike
yes

leonheartmm
if jean wished, she could take apart an entire planet with her TK what makes ANY1 think she cant destroy something as measly as iron man's armour. there is also her uber telepathy which in her normal{non phoenix } form has started rivalling that of xavier.

Thunderstrike
^ Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Where on earth did you get that idea?

Is this guy telling the truth, or just really, really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly stretching the truth. Like Plastic Man stretch.

grey fox
Leon is on crack...if that wasn't obvious then i'm Capt it Up

Thunderstrike
Thought so. Seems like he doesn't know much about Stark aside from Tony wears armor.

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by leonheartmm
if jean wished, she could take apart an entire planet with her TK what makes ANY1 think she cant destroy something as measly as iron man's armour. there is also her uber telepathy which in her normal{non phoenix } form has started rivalling that of xavier. I don't know WHERE you pulled that out from, but it's wrong. Without accessing Phoenix Force energies, she's no where near that level. I think even GS would agree with that.

leonheartmm
im noyt stretchin the truth. ever since the distinction between jean nd phoenix has become hazy she has become much more powerful. whenever she looses control due to outside factors she has enough psychic power to easily kill every one on the planet. and ofcourse her latent powers which only manifested in the astral plane are startin to manifest in the physical world too.

Thunderstrike
Okay, you're going from tearing the planet to pieces, and now to kill everyone. To be honest, you're on crack.

BlaqChaos
So you can reference scenes where its stated/shown that Iron Man has telepathic safety measures? If so please do so cos right now theres nothing to make me believe this anything but speculation.

Either way, its irrelevant because of the Tk tactic. wink Tony instituted these safeguards during the "Onslaught" event, remember.

coosie
I think normal Jean in her immediate pre endsong days has a telepathy that had already surpassed Xavier and telekinesis of class 80. So telepathy or not, she can give iron a good fight.

Laminator_X
Tony's packed psi-shields ever since the return from Heroes Reborn. He was wracked by guilt over Immortus manipulating him into killing Future-Yellowjacket and Luna's nanny, Maia, and essentially said, "Never again!"

A furthur question: Since we're allowing that Jean comes in with shields up, what about the same for IM? Part of how he takes hits that would easily pierce heavy metal is that his armor is stiffenned by a forcefield all the time (this is how it can flex as he moves too), and he has a more powerful field he can power up as well. Is it a given Jean's telekinesis function through his forcefields?

Soleran
why wouldn't Jean Grey just form a shield around herself and around tony's armor? Essentialy if anything got through she has protection while Tony has the potential to blast himself on accident due to her shield around him lol.

Mindship
So...Jean has no limits (ie, range, power)?
If she doesn't, then why isn't she the most potent thing goin'?
If she does, why can't Iron Man exploit them?

Thunderstrike
Tony is good at exploiting women. big grin

Mindship
laughing out loud

The Fake Macoy
Since no one's said this yet, I think I'll be the first idiot to say it. This is how Tony would lose:
Jean brings alcohol.

Anyways, in all seriousness, is Iron Man's armour protected from TK? I know it's protected from TP, but I was just wondering if anyone had any instances which would show it. It sounds like something that Tony would build into his armour.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Since no one's said this yet, I think I'll be the first idiot to say it. This is how Tony would lose:
Jean brings alcohol.

Anyways, in all seriousness, is Iron Man's armour protected from TK? I know it's protected from TP, but I was just wondering if anyone had any instances which would show it. It sounds like something that Tony would build into his armour.

It's not a specific TK protection, but again the whole suit is suffused through and through with micro-forcefields. It's part of how it moves quickly and with fluidity rather than like a big tin can. It's also part of how Tony doesn't die when he corners at high speeds.

Now would all that keep Jean from just taking him out Darth Vader style? The fact that the Mandarin never did just that makes me think yes, but that's only a supposition.

Cosmic Flame
Jean encountered an alternate universe Iron man once and socked him with a TK hit. He said that he wouldn't survive a second assault.

Soleran, Jean has formed a TK shield around opponents before so that their powers were only effective inside the shield. Nothing gets in or out if she doesn't want it to.

Thunderstrike
Alternate Universe Iron Man? I think you're referring to Arno Stark, who is Iron Man 2020, and is a joke. He's basically a metallic version of Rhino.

Tony Stark
Alternate Universe Iron Man? I think you're referring to Arno Stark, who is Iron Man 2020, and is a joke. He's basically a metallic version of Rhino.

rolling on floor laughing

AJ4LIFE
iron wins, tiony go protect yor character go on namor hercules one

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Tony's packed psi-shields ever since the return from Heroes Reborn. He was wracked by guilt over Immortus manipulating him into killing Future-Yellowjacket and Luna's nanny, Maia, and essentially said, "Never again!"

A furthur question: Since we're allowing that Jean comes in with shields up, what about the same for IM? Part of how he takes hits that would easily pierce heavy metal is that his armor is stiffenned by a forcefield all the time (this is how it can flex as he moves too), and he has a more powerful field he can power up as well. Is it a given Jean's telekinesis function through his forcefields?

wink

You are correct...

Niether GS nor leonheartmm have a lot of Iron Man knowledge... And we obviously know how GS feels about anything Jean Grey.

The most current Iron Man in his EXTREMIS armor... Jeans Fck'd even quicker and harder.

Iron Man 10/10

AJ4LIFE
iron man could beat her with one could blast from chest ray

go on tony defend yor man show us why u deserve to be leader

GalacticStorm

Any scans or issue references of him saying this and then subsequently resisting tp attack because of him doing this? His bio certainly doesnt claim it to be part of his standard equipment now.

Who said anything about prep time for Jean? You've misinterpreted whats been said. Someone said whats to stop Iron Man from using a uni beam prior to Jean assaulting him telepathically and i said that Jean would put up a tk shield from the offset, before launching an assault. Thats common sense she is of human durability and she knows shes going up against Iron Man. Thats completely different.

All of this forcefield talk around his armour is sounding like speculation to me. You got anything to back up these claims?

If he does have always on forcefields to aid with movement( confused ?) and to reinforce his armours structural integrity then they are for that purpose only and they are not sufficient enough to protect against an assault which is why he employs an additional forcefield when he is in battle.Anyway before we get into that please provide proof of this force field talk.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Tony Stark
wink

You are correct...

Niether GS nor leonheartmm have a lot of Iron Man knowledge... And we obviously know how GS feels about anything Jean Grey.

The most current Iron Man in his EXTREMIS armor... Jeans Fck'd even quicker and harder.

Iron Man 10/10

Dont try and dismiss my argument by implying things about both my credibility and my objectivity boy. You are far from regarded as a shining example of neutrality. Especially when it comes to matters regarding Iron Man and the Fantastic Four, so dont try it. wink

GalacticStorm

Now would all that keep Jean from just taking him out Darth Vader style? The fact that the Mandarin never did just that makes me think yes, but that's only a supposition.

Indeed. wink

As you pointed out, these mini always on force fields are in place to aid the inner workings of his armour, they are NOT designed to withstand assault from a high level energy wielder. That is what he employs an additional force field for in battle.

If Mandarin doesnt attack to the best of his ability, taking advantage of an obvious chink in Iron Mans armour then you can write that off as CIS. Regardless, there is NO evidence presented so far that shows Iron Man conclusively employs tp protection as a standard part of his equipment. There is No evidence whatsoever to show that Iron Man has protection against TK.

Thunderstrike
Do you have any backup that Jean can stand up to a blasts that are beyond what a Sentinel could pack without tapping into the Phoenix force? Also, Laminator X already gave you references to where it was said, and the exact line.

Also, don't try to dismiss Tony Stark's argument by implying things about his credibility and his objectivity, kid. You are far from regarded as a shining example of neutrality, especially when it comes to the Phoenix Force and the X-men, so don't try it.

GalacticStorm
Do you have any backup that Jean can stand up to a blasts that are beyond what a Sentinel could pack without tapping into the Phoenix force? Also, Laminator X already gave you references to where it was said, and the exact line.

Jean Grey is an omega level mutant and her telekinetic abilities are highly regarded in Marvel. Psylocke was imbued with Jeans telekinetic abilities back in 2000 and her telekinesis as stated in Uncanny X-men exceeds Marvel Girls in terms of power. Marvel Girl in Cable and Deadpool has shown to able to lift thousands of tons with her tk and her and Psylocke together have proven able to withstand and then redirect a blast from a Shiar warship in the most recent issue of Uncanny. Jean Grey would certainly be able to shrug off a few Sentinel level blasts.

Laminators reference was vague. It wasnt proof that psi shields were from that point on a standard part of his equipment. Hence the reason why i asked him to post the scene and then subsequent scenes in later events where Iron Man was shown to be psi shielded.

I for one can reference an instance where Iron Man has been manipulated by telepathy since Laminators posted reference. Psylocke for example assaulted him psionically in Contest of Champions 2.

Also, don't try to dismiss Tony Stark's argument by implying things about his credibility and his objectivity, kid. You are far from regarded as a shining example of neutrality, especially when it comes to the Phoenix Force and the X-men, so don't try it.

Please read the thread again prior to replying. If you were to do so you would see that Tony never posted an argument, he posted his agreement of Laminators and then went on to insinuate things about my credibility and objectivity. I merely highlighted this with my reply and said that he's really not in a position to take such a perspective. Point dismissed. wink

While some people dont agree with my interpretation of Phoenix, noone has ever been able to prove me wrong as i am backed by a multitude of official sources. With that in mind who are you or Tony to make comments regarding either my credibility or objectivity? confused

Away with you youngster. roll eyes (sarcastic) ------->

GalacticStorm
What can be achieved by Jean Grey level telekinesis:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10409392685.jpg&s=x402

Psylocke and Rachel have fended off not a blast, but a barrage of energy from 5 Sentinels

They have jointly deflected a blast from a Shiar warship capable of annihilating everything within a 100 mile radius.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10409465351.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10409425336.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10409475747.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10409492627.jpg&s=x402

Suddenly, Sentinel level blasts dont seem that much of a big deal. eek!

Thunderstrike
Uh, that wasn't Jean Grey. That was her daughter and Psylocke, and to be honest, that didn't prove jack. That's speculation that Jean could do the same thing without tapping into the Phoenix force. Even then, Laminator X already gave you the reference to where the failsafe is. The failsafes were also mentioned in the tournament battle between Scoobless and Blair Wind. Jean doesn't have anything on Iron Man.

GalacticStorm
Uh, that wasn't Jean Grey. That was her daughter and Psylocke, and to be honest, that didn't prove jack. That's speculation that Jean could do the same thing without tapping into the Phoenix force. Even then, Laminator X already gave you the reference to where the failsafe is. The failsafes were also mentioned in the tournament battle between Scoobless and Blair Wind. Jean doesn't have anything on Iron Man.

Psylocke was imbued with Jean Greys telekinesis in 2000 whilst Jean Grey was granted Psylockes additional telepathic might. It happened after the psi war in which Psylocke confronted the Shadow King. I stated that in my last post, a point you have obviously completely bypassed.

Psylocke has demonstrably greater tk than Rachel:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10410134289.jpg&s=x402

The combined tk of Rachel and Psylocke has been able to shrug off an onslaught of energies from multiple Sentinels as well as a blast from a Shiar warship.

Omega level Jean Grey will have no problem dealing with a few Sentinel level blasts.

Sorry mate. wink

Thunderstrike
Then what? We've already determined that if she tries to pull that armor apart, she's gonna get a mental backlash. What then?

GalacticStorm
Laminator gave me a reference to some failsafes however given that he has been quite successfully assaulted telepathically in events since Laminators posted reference, it appears that the failsafes were NOT made part of his standard equipment. The fact that theyre not mentioned in his bio which details his standard equipment supports this notion.

Either way you cannot conclusively present the notion that Iron Man will be able to shrug off telepathy. On top of that he has omega level telekinesis to deal with. As you can see from the many scans above i believe it will suffice in this battle.

Jean for the majority. big grin

GalacticStorm
Then what? We've already determined that if she tries to pull that armor apart, she's gonna get a mental backlash. What then?

Why is she gonna get a mental backlash? confused

Youre pulling at straws now mate. Lets not turn this into an exercise of speculation. smile

GalacticStorm
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10410253590.jpg&s=x402

Yep, just as i told you. Jean Greys telekinesis is something to be respected. wink

Thunderstrike
Why is she gonna get a mental backlash? confused

Youre pulling at straws now mate. Lets not turn this into an exercise of speculation. smile

Speculation my butt. We've already given you the reference! You just can't read.

GalacticStorm
Speculation my butt. We've already given you the reference! You just can't read.

Given me a reference which conclusively tells us Jean will get a mental backlash? confused

What on earth are you talking about sonny? wink

If you are still referring to your heroes reborn reference then ive already explained why it is redundant. There is no need for me to speak further on the matter. Come up with a better argument and lets proceed. smile

Thunderstrike
FINE! I won't even use the mental backlash, even though he's already protected from psychic attacks. Here's something for you: Iron Man's armor allows him to use electromagnetic fields. Who else can do that? Magneto and Xorn. Guess what's gonna happen to Jean when she fights Iron Man.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fd/Xorneto.jpg
Another stroke, and she's dead. Debate over, now bugger off.

Thunderstrike
Before you even attempt to say that he couldn't beforehand, this is one of his earlier models:
http://ironman12.homestead.com/Feats_SpinsHulk_WithRepulsors.jpg

GalacticStorm
FINE! I won't even use the mental backlash, even though he's already protected from psychic attacks. Here's something for you: Iron Man's armor allows him to use electromagnetic fields. Who else can do that? Magneto and Xorn. Guess what's gonna happen to Jean when she fights Iron Man.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fd/Xorneto.jpg
Another stroke, and she's dead. Debate over, now bugger off.

For a start that wasnt a battle circumstance, Jean wasnt fighting Xorneto. He was humbled, she went over to comfort him, she stroked him and he grabbed her and took her out.

Irrelevant reference, made in frustration. Come on mate lets be mature about this. sad

Thunderstrike
That's not irrelevant at all. A psionic shield won't help her against an electromagnetic pulse on the inside of her brain. It would give her a stroke. Once again, Jean will not win this fight.

GalacticStorm
Before you even attempt to say that he couldn't beforehand, this is one of his earlier models:
http://ironman12.homestead.com/Feats_SpinsHulk_WithRepulsors.jpg

As aforementioned, this is a pointless line of argument, because its based on an irrelevant reference that was presented in the first place out of spite. Unfortunately for you, its flopped. sad

GalacticStorm
That's not irrelevant at all. A psionic shield won't help her against an electromagnetic pulse on the inside of her brain. It would give her a stroke. Once again, Jean will not win this fight.

Because Jean is gonna be bent down stroking Iron Mans armour allowing him the oppurtunity to attack her non shielded form? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Come on now TS!! laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
For the reference to be relevant it would have to depict the incarnation of Jean stated in a fight, having her defences bypassed via the method youre presenting. Unfortunately for your case, it does NOT.

The scene presented does not depict Jean in battle. It shows her comforting a humbled Xorneto with her defences down.

Irrelevant.

Please try again.

Soleran
Has Jean ever put up a shield that prevented magnetism inside of it?

Thunderstrike
Okay, for someone said to be incredibly knowledgable, you obviously don't know anything about electromagnetic fields. Her psionic shielding is going to do nothing. Quite literally nothing. She's gong to put up her shield, then start wondering why the whole world is going black. You're talking about grasping at straws, yet you're assuming that her shields can protect her from something that's developing inside of her skull. There are thousands of things he could do to her with that alone! What the heck is she gonna do when the iron from her blood is getting ripped out of her skin? What's going to happen then? She doesn't have anything against Iron Man offensively. At all. You can say "irrelivant" all day, but it just shows you're a hack.

Even before that, his teenage counterpart installed them into HIS armor after hearing that Kang manipulated him during Force Works. So, what now? There is no way for Jean to win this battle against a man who has a countermeasure for every Avenger, and psionic shielding, magnetic manipulation, high powered repulsor rays, and so forth. Iron Man wins 10/10. Anything you say from this point forward is just trying to grasp something that you can't grab, or further proof that you're too damn lazy to look it up yourself.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Soleran
Has Jean ever put up a shield that prevented magnetism inside of it?

Thats like saying has Apocalypse ever tried a cup of Earl Grey?

The point is that her telekinesis will be able to protect her from any initial assaults, long enough for her to either take him out telepathically,, or if there really are psi shields as part of his standard equipment (something that has yet to be proven) then she can dismantle his armour telekinetically.

GalacticStorm
Okay, for someone said to be incredibly knowledgable, you obviously don't know anything about electromagnetic fields. Her psionic shielding is going to do nothing. Quite literally nothing. She's gong to put up her shield, then start wondering why the whole world is going black. You're talking about grasping at straws, yet you're assuming that her shields can protect her from something that's developing inside of her skull. There are thousands of things he could do to her with that alone! What the heck is she gonna do when the iron from her blood is getting ripped out of her skin? What's going to happen then? She doesn't have anything against Iron Man offensively. At all. You can say "irrelivant" all day, but it just shows you're a hack.

Im sorry but where have you ever seen Iron Man manipulate electromagnetic energies in such a Magneto-esque fashion. Thats speculation and fortunately for my case its unsupported. Until you can show such instances....point dismissed.

Storm can wield electromagnetic energies as well, she can generate and project them, however her powerset doesnt give her the ability to wield them like Mags does. Prove Tony can or SHHHHHH

Even before that, his teenage counterpart installed them into HIS armor after hearing that Kang manipulated him during Force Works. So, what now? There is no way for Jean to win this battle against a man who has a countermeasure for every Avenger, and psionic shielding, magnetic manipulation, high powered repulsor rays, and so forth. Iron Man wins 10/10. Anything you say from this point forward is just trying to grasp something that you can't grab, or further proof that you're too damn lazy to look it up yourself.

And im just supposed to take your word for it? wink

No can do mate. Especially not when events more recent than your references contradict what youre telling me.

Iron Man since those references has been attacked psionically. End of. eek!

Thunderstrike
Actually, it's not speculation at all. New Avengers: Able to manipulate magnetic fields even though his suit was at low power. He could drag Wolverine with no troubles. Also, a psionic shield still isn't gonna help her. Point please.

GalacticStorm
Actually, it's not speculation at all. New Avengers: Able to manipulate magnetic fields even though his suit was at low power. He could drag Wolverine with no troubles. Also, a psionic shield still isn't gonna help her. Point please.

Thats nowhere near the level of manipulation youre claiming he'd be able to do in battle. Using simple magnetism to attract a large body of metal towards him is elementary comapred to manipulating the iron in someones brain via magnetic manipulation. As aforementioned Storm can wield electromagnetic energies for simple tasks however her abilities dont allow for anywhere near the level of manipulation Mags can do. Nice attempt. Come again when you sufficient evidence.

Talking of sufficient evidence:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10411093170.jpg&s=x402

shifty

Soleran
Thats like saying has Apocalypse ever tried a cup of Earl Grey?

The point is that her telekinesis will be able to protect her from any initial assaults, long enough for her to either take him out telepathically,, or if there really are psi shields as part of his standard equipment (something that has yet to be proven) then she can dismantle his armour telekinetically.

well you raised another significant question in my mind.............has apocolypse ever had a cup of earl grey.......................

No you skirted my question, has Jean Grey ever shown to block magnetism in her TK shield?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Soleran
well you raised another significant question in my mind.............has apocolypse ever had a cup of earl grey.......................

No you skirted my question, has Jean Grey ever shown to block magnetism in her TK shield?

Nope but then you have no evidence to say an electromagnetic blast from Tony can bypass Jeans fields. Its not just a solid wall, its an energy field, and theres no evidence that Tony could affect the inside of it. He is not an energy manipulator on a Magneto scale.

Juntai
Has iron man on panel shown that he can't get totally mind****ed by a powerful telepath?

Creshosk
Oh sure use the plot device to try and show it being able to function outside of the plot driven event. In a very whirly esque manner.

What's funny is that GS has provided scans, there have been two from the iron man side, and neither shows that he'd even beable to project any electro magnetic energy inside of someones head to give them a stroke. They showed the very plot driven circumstantial death of Jean grey's physical form, and Iron man projecting electromagnetic eenergy from his hands...

What's funny, whay's really funny is that electromagnetic energy by itself even in large doses is harmless to the human body. heck we use it to go inside people's heads all the time and take pretty pictures to determine whats wrong. and has anybody had a stroke as a driect reslut of an MRI?

Nope. Not a one. It's perfectly harmless for electromagnetic energy to go inside a person's head. I mean hell, I'm still here aren't I?

Thunderstrike
I'm talking about a violent pulse of it that would fry nerve endings. It's a little different.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
Has iron man on panel shown that he can't get totally mind****ed by a powerful telepath?

Speaking of that strategy:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10411185747.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10411230192.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10411245568.jpg&s=x402

If she'd chosen to kill him instead of playing mind games we'd have yet another dead Avenger. big grin

GalacticStorm
Until anyone proves otherwise, Jean can protect herself from any initial energy attacks via tk at the start of the battle before proceeding to mind**** (i like that wink ) Tony or telekinetically dismantle his armour.

Thunderstrike
Uh, she'd been amped by the Mandarin. Mandarin, who is uber powerful and can do about anything with his rings, who also I believe nearly beat the X-Men by himself? Yeah, she's got the power of his rings, which make him nearly unstoppable. Little different than Jean's abilities.

GalacticStorm
Uh, she'd been amped by the Mandarin. Mandarin, who is uber powerful and can do about anything with his rings, who also I believe nearly beat the X-Men by himself? Yeah, she's got the power of his rings, which make him nearly unstoppable. Little different than Jean's abilities.

Your comprehension skills are abysmal. Please re-read the scans, apologise for your misinterpretation and come again.

That was all in Tonys head, she was paying mind games with him, assaulting him telepathically. laughing out loud

Creshosk
I'm talking about a violent pulse of it that would fry nerve endings. It's a little different. So whats the difference between a "violent pulse that would fry nerve endings" and completely saturating the human mind with electromagnetic energy so that each individual fiber of the brain can be seen?

Because it comes suddenly and unexpectedly?

of course it comes suddenly it is a form of energy, it's speed really can't change if technology driven. and unexpectedly?

Does an unexpected raindrop do more damage than an expected one?

So could you define "Violent"? And explain to me how the EM energy is going to do something it doesn't normally do?

Because Magneto or Xornetto is a mutant and can bend the laws of physics.

Thunderstrike
I can't see half of what you put up because you're going from putfile. My network blocks that site for some reason.

Creshosk
So why is Mandarin never mentioned when the term "most powerful telepath on Earth" pops up?

I hear he's hot shit that is being implied is greater than either Jean or Xavier. . .

Thunderstrike
The rings grant him extreme abilities beyond most people, provided he's wearing them:
* Left Pinkie -- "Ice Blast," with which he could encase foes in bands of ice or create walls of ice to block pursuers.
* Left Ring Finger -- "Mento-Intensifier," which amplifies the Mandarin's own mental energies and allows him to control the minds of others.
* Left Middle Finger -- "Electro Blast," unleashing powerful lightning-like bolts.
* Left Index Finger -- "Flame Blast," a flamethrower-like gout of flame.
* Left Thumb -- "White Light," a laser-like beam.
* Right Thumb -- "Matter Rearranger," which can rearrange the atoms and molecules of a substance. The Mandarin usually uses this ring to change the shape of objects, such as causing a giant stone hand to erupt out of the earth and grapple a foe. He has, however, used it to transmute the molecular composition of objects, such as changing the air around a target into a poisonous gas.
* Right Index Finger -- "Impact Beam," a blast of concussive or gravitational force.
* Right Middle Finger -- "Vortex Beam," allows Mandarin to control air and wind, allowing him to fly.
* Right Ring Finger -- "Disintegration Beam." Unlike the others, this Ring requires a twenty minute recharge time between firings.
* Right Pinkie -- "Black Light," which can create areas of absolute blackness.

I'm done debating for now. I haven't slept in 24 hours, and am just cranky. I can already see the two of you are goading me into a verbal fight, and are trying to get me banned.

GalacticStorm

I'm done debating for now. I haven't slept in 24 hours,.

I can tell mate and i really think that would be the best thing for you. Cos i fail to see what listing the abilities of the rings has anything to do with this thread. Tony never actually thought Psylocke with the rings, Psylocke made him think that, it was all in his mind, she assaulted him telepathically, therefore proving my point.

If Iron Man does have access to psi shielding then its certainly not a part of his standard equipment. wink

Creshosk
No, you're own exahtion is seeing things where they do not exist. Go sleep my friend. Hopefully when the exahstion is gone from you so too will the paranoia. smile

Juntai
Combative telepathy seems to be the key to victory then.
Seems pretty easy for a telepath to accomplish.

Laminator_X
The psi shields have been mentionned more than once, on-panel over the past 5 years. If the writer of that fight with Psylocke chose to ignore that, that's a shame, but it's hardly the first time there've been continuity conflicts between the Avengers and the X-men. Marvel's editorial staff has been asleep at the wheel since Shooter left.

Thr micro-mesh-backed by forcefield thing is documented as far back as the silver and red armor entry in the OHOTMU Deluxe Edition back in the mid-late 80's.

And no, I am not going to dig through my file cabinets and scan things to back this up. I have a date tonight, and tomorrow is Easter. I quite literally have better things to do. If GS think's that's a good reason to call me a liar a second time even with others seconding these assertions, he's even more of an opinionated blowhard than I thought.

GalacticStorm
The psi shields have been mentionned more than once, on-panel over the past 5 years. If the writer of that fight with Psylocke chose to ignore that, that's a shame, but it's hardly the first time there've been continuity conflicts between the Avengers and the X-men. Marvel's editorial staff has been asleep at the wheel since Shooter left.

Thr micro-mesh-backed by forcefield thing is documented as far back as the silver and red armor entry in the OHOTMU Deluxe Edition back in the mid-late 80's.

And no, I am not going to dig through my file cabinets and scan things to back this up. I have a date tonight, and tomorrow is Easter. I quite literally have better things to do. If GS think's that's a good reason to call me a liar a second time even with others seconding these assertions, he's even more of an opinionated blowhard than I thought.

Who called you a liar? Dont start getting uppitty with me because i choose to doubt your opinion. Yes until i see scans then theres nothing telling me conclusively that its anything but that.

Whether Iron Man has employed psi shields before or not really isnt the issue. The crux of the matter is that as far as I can tell they are NOT part of his standard equipment, which is all that matters here.

Yes im disagreeing with you, yes im disputing your word and your references but does that really justify throwing insults? Lets be grown up about this Lam. no

Laminator_X
Actually. when I say "I have read these stories where this character is portrayed in this way," and then you say "I'm giving that no credence until you post scans to back that up." You are calling me a liar.

When I've read something, I say so. When I'm speculating or opining, I say so.

That's all I've got to say on this matter.

GalacticStorm
Actually. when I say "I have read these stories where this character is portrayed in this way," and then you say "I'm giving that no credence until you post scans to back that up." You are calling me a liar.

No im saying your word doesnt equate to evidence. Its standard practice on these forums to request scans so if you choose to be over-sensitive in this instance then thats your problem.

That's all I've got to say on this matter.
Bye bye.

Tony Stark
Im sorry but where have you ever seen Iron Man manipulate electromagnetic energies in such a Magneto-esque fashion. Thats speculation and fortunately for my case its unsupported. Until you can show such instances....point dismissed.

Storm can wield electromagnetic energies as well, she can generate and project them, however her powerset doesnt give her the ability to wield them like Mags does. Prove Tony can or SHHHHHH

And im just supposed to take your word for it? wink

No can do mate. Especially not when events more recent than your references contradict what youre telling me.

Iron Man since those references has been attacked psionically. End of. eek!

confused

When? What? and Where?

Or are you just throwing things out like your claiming that we are... Where we've actually given you arcs.

Or... Your going to like this one... We're supposed to just take your word for it? wink

GalacticStorm
confused

When? What? and Where?

Or are you just throwing things out like your claiming that we are... Where we've actually given you arcs.

Or... Your going to like this one... We're supposed to just take your word for it? wink

That was a rather ineffective rebuttal. Where have i made a claim in that post of mine you quoted that i havent been able to back up? confused

GalacticStorm
Are you trying to claim then that Iron Man can and has wielded electromagnetic energies for effects such as manipulating the bloodflow in peoples brains? confused

Creshosk

That's all I've got to say on this matter. For all we know you could be lieing about the matter. Like every person on this forum is supposed to remember 50+ years of comic books from at least two different companies.

So if you don't want to back a claim with supportive evidence don't make the claim.

Creshosk
confused

When? What? and Where?

Or... Your going to like this one... We're supposed to just take your word for it? wink Oh, so we're just supposed to take your word for it?

And you're going to have to do better than simply naming arcs how about giving full on scans? Or can you not, cause they don't exist and...

We have to take your word for it? wink

GalacticStorm
eek!

coosie
So normal Jeans peak level of telekinesis in her non phoenix is class 1000. I thought it was just 80-100 tops.

ixie
That's too much.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by ixie
That's too much.
That's too much!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/Thatstoomuch.jpg

ixie
Haha. Ironman is in Jeopardy. His Wheel of Fortune is gonna turn for the worse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.