Kingpin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkman87
Could Kingpin ,The lord of all crimes, have a movie on his own? What do you say? and if it can, how should plot be? Waiting for your comments.

NoFate007
Nope. He'd need Spider-Man, Daredevil, or some hero to fight...which would make it a Spider-Man/Daredevil movie or whatever.

I think only a few villains out of both DC and Marvel would be able to hold off an entire film about themselves. Tons are interesting enough but not versatile.

The Joker would be able to have his own film, and it would probably be really good. If you focus from his childhood until maybe he converts Harley, it'd be pretty sweet.

Venom could have his own film but he'd be the hero, possibly fighting Carnage.

Idk about others, but I think everyone would rather see them in Batman/Spider-Man films fighting their greatest foe, rather than having their own film - unless their own film came afterwards.

willRules
Deadpool could get his own movie..........

Darkman87
so are we going to watch him losing against daredevil again?

Mider999
he could have his own movie, like as a kid he grew up in such and such then grew up and took over all the crime in NY after getting super strong and such and such reasons.

Doc Potato
It could be a mobster movie, kinda Godfather-ish or something... but it wouldn't be that related to the comics, honesly. I guess you could have an adaption of Gang War minus DD but him in a DD movie's better...

Dreampanther
A Godfather kind of thing might work, but I doubt it. I believe you will find that the hero starts taking over the focus of the movie. And if there is no hero people will lose interest.

And Hollywood definitely won't touch it, it will have to be independent.

The only thing that might work, kind of, that I can think of, is if you do a Frankenstein kind of thing, where you you tell the story from the monster's (in this case Kingpin) point of view, while still keeping the focus on the "hero", in this case Dr Frankenstein (not that he's such a hero, really) or Spidey or DD or whoever...

See, the same thing would happen if you tried to make a movie about Darth Vader - while some people might find it interesting as a theoretical exercise (and I would count myself among them) I doubt it would be very popular, which translates into not making money, which translates in problems getting investors for the movie in the first place

Doc Potato
Hmm... it would be interesting but probably would have to be pretty low budget etc.... it might work more in some ways if people didn't necearrily realise he's from comics... smile

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Dreampanther

See, the same thing would happen if you tried to make a movie about Darth Vader - while some people might find it interesting as a theoretical exercise (and I would count myself among them) I doubt it would be very popular, which translates into not making money, which translates in problems getting investors for the movie in the first place

I think u r wrong about that statement. A Darth Vader movie would make a loooooot of money just because is a DV movie and god knows there are millions of SW fanboys out there that would watch it like 5 or 6 times opening weekend alone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.