An Enron Opinion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
So here's prettymuch what happened. Enron, Pacific Gas and Electric, Edison Electric, and Ross Perot pulled a screw job on California that we called the California power crisis. This drained california's budget surplus (tens of billions of dollars) and led to a defecit. Ken Lay and the Enron boys were the chief engeneers behind Arnold Schwartzneggars' gubernatorial run after they found out that lt. Governor Cruz Bustamonte was building a heavy class action lawsuit against the power companies that could literally bankrupt them-
The evidence being that all of southern california suffered a power crisis except Los Angeles and Orange County. Why? These were the only two counties that did not privitize their power.
the recent revilation of incriminating audiotapes confirms this.
Schwartzneggar won and his first act as governor was dropping the lawsuit.

So, now that Skilling and Lay will (if their is a god) be convicted and spend the rest of their lives behind bars like the parasites the are, should their assets be transferred to the state of california and perhaps be reimbursed as a form of repirations to the victims of the power crisis?

I believe so.

Makedde
Sounds more than fair to me! smile

Capt_Fantastic
This is news to me. But, if it is true, I don't think that its legal to seize their assets. However, I don't see why it shouldn't happen. Seize the money and funnel it into education and help for the homeless. But, that's not how it works. When the governemnt seizes money, it tends to find it's way into the pockets of other politicians or legal representatives.

soleran30
More then likely both of those guys have loans that were backed by the company and if they cannot pay them then their personal assets could be taken to pay the debt to the company then dispersed to the state to pay off Company debt.

Hit_and_Miss
Hmmm If I recall Fat cats only take the cream... they themselves don't ever seem to provide it...

Darth Jello
In a perfect world, they'd get the death penalty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.