Which Earth based Marvel 'Super Heroes' would get into the JLA ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

R.O.T. Yahman

Scoobless
Captain America.... and he'd be voted in as leader within a week

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Scoobless

Yup Cap would and probably would be leader. I think Cyclops would also get into the JLA easily!

Blair Wind
Batman wouldnt like that.....and we all know Batman is in charge even if its indirectly.

Xirius
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
John Henry Irons, AKA Steel. His character and genius would allow the team to brake away from their dependence on Batman, to provide them a scientific edge. I would also love to see his armour with some Kryptonian upgrades and re-united with the mother box. I also believe that he can currently physically compete with Aquaman, so added muscle will not be necessary.
Steel is a DC character and has been in the Justice League before.

ScarletSpider
Except the "His" in "His character and genius...." is reflexive to Iron Man, who was the subject of the statement. He was originally comparing Iron Man to Steel, then he went back to the original topic of Iron Man, Tony Stark, with "his."

Draco69
Invisible Woman.

Xirius
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Except the "His" in "His character and genius...." is reflexive to Iron Man, who was the subject of the statement. He was originally comparing Iron Man to Steel, then he went back to the original topic of Iron Man, Tony Stark, with "his."
My mistake embarrasment

The Ion
It wouldn't be that hard to get in. The JLA has had open tryouts before. Even though Grant Morrison started with the Elite 7, it wasn't long before he added people like Big Barda and Orion.

ScarletSpider
No problem, just trying to sort things out smile

I think Jack of Hearts would have a good chance. He's had some cosmic adventures, but half of his lineage is Human, and at the time of his death he was living on earth and fighting with the Avengers. He had incredible energy powers and a computer mind.

The Ion
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Batman wouldnt like that.....and we all know Batman is in charge even if its indirectly.
Actually I think Bats and Cap would get a along great since Bruce would have another "only human" teamate.

Blair Wind
Batman doesnt like taking orders from anyone but Superman and even then he doesnt like it.....and in the end he always gets what he wants maniplulating everything.....Cap would take charge.....there might be some tension

Besides Batman gets along with NO one but Alfred.....and lately hes being a jackass to him too

The Ion
Well he wouldn't like Cap as leader but Cap wouldn't be the leader anyway. The JLA, since Morrison, has technically never had a leader even though people assume it's Superman.

Scoobless
Originally posted by The Ion
Well he wouldn't like Cap as leader but Cap wouldn't be the leader anyway. The JLA, since Morrison, has technically never had a leader even though people assume it's Superman.

Which is why Cap would be perfect for them, a field team needs a single leader in order to perform at its most effective level... otherwise you get a group of 7 or so individuals rather than an efficient team.... in comics no character has shown better leadership abilities than Captain America.... even when he's completely outpowered and outnumbered he uses whatever resources are available to their fullest potential

The Ion
.... in comics no character has shown better leadership abilities than Captain America....
And no team has shown better teamwork than the JLA.

Scoobless

The Fantastic Four have the best teamwork ... yes

The JLA don't always need perfect teamwork because they can overpower their enemies.... the Avengers do that as well, but not as often as the League

The Ion
Well lets discount teams related to each other...

Draco69
Superman is their "spiritual" leader.
Martian Manhunter is their tactical leader as well as Batman.
Wonder Woman is their field combat leader.

Black Adam

X-men.Avengers, and aww...... yeah thats about it if your not counting FF4

The Ion
Avengers? No way. Especially New Avengers which is a joke of a team if I ever saw one. X-Men depends on the lineup but I still wouldn't put them above the JLA.

The Ion
Originally posted by Draco69
Superman is their "spiritual" leader.
Martian Manhunter is their tactical leader as well as Batman.
Wonder Woman is their field combat leader.
If I had to pick a leader for the JLA it would definitely be MM. This is the same guy who coordinates plans 80,000 years in advance...

Xirius
Didnt Huntress come up with that plan?

The Ion
No. Batman said it was the work of their master tactician Martian Manhunter.

Draco69
Originally posted by Xirius
Didnt Huntress come up with that plan?

No. She came up with the IDEA. The actual planning and placement was all J'onn.

Scoobless
Cloak might work in the JLA.... he could've taken care of that whole "Doomsday" situation fairly sharpish

smile

Quick Freeze
nightcrawler! dc needs and transporter/teleporter

Blair Wind
hmmmm quick freeze would be a good addition, two molecular maniplutors put into one......and hes half marvel....

stormfront13
if your looking for a transporter, i think blink would be a great addition to the JLA, i mean she went from the earth to the moon, and she is able to teleport things in peoples bodies. for example, she once teleported a liquid straight into avalanches head.

Scoobless
Cloak would be better than Nightcrawler or Blink

yes

Lucid Lui
Yeah, Cloak is by far the coolest teleporter in Marvel. Of course, he's not always the most... stable.

But who is these days?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Draco69
Invisible Woman.

She wouldn't bring anything that G.L. cant already do !

R.O.T. Yahman
Cloak would be better than Nightcrawler or Blink

yes

Photon can do all that, and has the extra power to take on the likes of King Thor, Maestro, Sentry and Hyperion ..... Photon gets in over Cloak IMO.

I disagree with the Cap idea, i dont think he'd really bring anything to the team. smile

ScarletSpider
Good Avengers...Busiek Avengers had some great team work.

Sir Whirlysplat
Namor shifty

hoorayforpeepee
sentry, iron man, blackbolt, doctor strange, iceman (with character re-design), exodus (the league seems to have a problem with really strong psionics)

inamilist
Green Goblin shifty

(i hear he beat the rhino.....)

eleveninches
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Yup Cap would and probably would be leader. I think Cyclops would also get into the JLA easily! laughing out loud
no way would he be leader.

eleveninches
dr strange
namor
mr fantastic
invisible woman
magneto
Sentry
Juggernaught
Hulk
Iceman

golem370
X-Man
Jack of Hearts
Nova/Herald
Iron Man
Cannonball
Colossus

stormfront13
if i picked marvel heroes to be in the JLA i would pick

storm- the league doesn't have many except red tornado who can control weather on the scale she can

photon- she is alone, almost too much for the league to handel, combine that with her leadership and tactical abilities and she's in

blink- she defeated hyperion, who all of the exiles couldn't

aurora/northstar-i would choose aurora over northstar because she has many abilities, and still has the reaction time and speed to throw downw with the speedsters. aurora has hte whole speeding up molecule thing, lightning, and concussive blast. just go check out the respect thread for info on her, she's near unbeatable.

mimic-imagine someone with half the abilities of mm, superman, wonder-woman, flash, and zatanna. yeah, he'd be unstoppable.

idk who else, maybe rachel grey or selene(sooooo underrated and has many abilities no one knows about)

R.O.T. Yahman
Black Bolt and mimic are cool suggestions, which should be on any team. Black Bolt brings a real edge, especially with that scream of his. I'd love to see it at D.C. levels, i.e. the JLA would have its own Omega effect.

No offense but the rest of the suggestions are pitafull !!!!!!! I mean For **** Sakes, what the hell are Hulk, Juggernaught and Colossus going to bring to the JLA ????????

Another one who could really help is the Scarlet Witch, before she went loopy I.e. more like she is in the Ultimates. Rogue is another character who could make a real difference ! smile

GalacticStorm
Rachel Grey and Meggan

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Rachel Grey and Meggan

Who the heck is meggan ? And what does Rachel bring that Aquaman and M.M. already have in abundance !

stormfront13
yahman, no offense, but do you read marvel comics? rouge being a better choice than someone like juggernaut? while i agree that juggernaut isn't needed, but rogue? and rachel brings part of the phoenix force, and possibly omega level tk. i'm still goin with my list, but the characters i picked are all under herald level, and would still make a differnce in the JLA. but yeah, meggan would be great. they have no one that is even like her

GalacticStorm
Who the heck is meggan ? And what does Rachel bring that Aquaman and M.M. already have in abundance !

Telekinesis and Phoenix potential roll eyes (sarcastic)

Meggan is an elemental and a shape shifter

stormfront13
i could also see vindicator and guardian making it into the JLA. seriously go check the respect thread, guardian took down galactus, and vindicator is just strong and versatile, and she's bad-ass. also dazzler, black bolt aint got nothing on ali, she absorbed his full-force scream, took down absorbing man in one hit, and can dish out more power than odin himself. she even impressed galactus with her level of power, and when he gave her cosmic powers, she was on par with morg, or whoever that guy is. i can't remember his name but he was one of the most powerful heralds. hell, even dani with all of the powers she ever possessed, like her quantum powers, her regular powers, and her valkerie powers, she was kicking magnetos ass. with those powers she possessed things like matter manipulation, high healing abilities, and so on. also, if they had more training, i could see magma and dead-girl making it into hte JLA. dead-girl can't die, can heal anyone from anything, even a severed body part, bring people back from the dead, control the dead, and had many untapped and unknown powers. if i remember correctly, she even had a death touch, which she could use to drain the life-force from someone, or kill them instantley. so my list would be

photon,storm, vindicator, guardian, blink, aurora, mimic, meggan, rachel grey, selene, and with more training, magma and dead-girl.

The Ion
No offense but the rest of the suggestions are pitafull !!!!!!! I mean For **** Sakes, what the hell are Hulk, Juggernaught and Colossus going to bring to the JLA ????????

Agreed.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Telekinesis and Phoenix potential roll eyes (sarcastic)

Meggan is an elemental and a shape shifter

Telekinesis : Is she on par with Green Lantern ? He can build any construst that can shift anything she can ....

Phoenix Potential : Don't inflict D.C. with that virus ! smile

Megan on the other hand sound like a cool idea ! smile

Quick Freeze
hmmmm quick freeze would be a good addition, two molecular maniplutors put into one......and hes half marvel....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Happy Dance rock thumb up yes rolling on floor laughing smokin' cool

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by stormfront13
yahman, no offense, but do you read marvel comics? rouge being a better choice than someone like juggernaut? while i agree that juggernaut isn't needed, but rogue? and rachel brings part of the phoenix force, and possibly omega level tk. i'm still goin with my list, but the characters i picked are all under herald level, and would still make a differnce in the JLA. but yeah, meggan would be great. they have no one that is even like her

No my friend, it is you who have missed the point .... Juggernaut is a high level marvel strong guy, something the Justice league has in abundance.

He lacks the bad-ass factor of Orion and Black Adam, and does not have the speed and skill of Bardra or Wonder Woman. Why the hell would the justice league need a strong, clumsy piece of crap like the Juggernaut. Being a walking piece of Diamond doesn't make good stories IMO.

Rogue on the other hand is a female version of the parasite, i.e. her power potential is limitless. She's also unbelievably hot, and doesn't have to worry about human durability. A power absorber is useful on any team, even the Justice league. I couldn't give a crap about her current Warbird / Sun-fire powers.

And no offense are you really a girl ? smile

Cosmic Flame
By the same token, why does JLA need tons of people with superstrength, superspeed, etc.? I mean, if you already have two or three people with superstrength, a fourth isn't really redundancy, as that points already been passed.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
By the same token, why does JLA need tons of people with superstrength, superspeed, etc.? I mean, if you already have two or three people with superstrength, a fourth isn't really redundancy, as that points already been passed.

JLA is the super D.C. super heroes Elite .... they all happen to be really fast really strong and really durable, but they have extra abilities as well; Heat Vision, Telepathy, Super Breathe, Intangibility, Shape Shifting, Astro Force, .... Juggernaut adds nothing ! smile

The Ion
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
If you eliminate everyone in DC with super strength and speed, you're pretty much left with the Bat family. laughing

ScarletSpider
Green Lantern can build things yes, but that's not the same as telekinesis. A telekinetic can affect things with his or her mind. Towards the end, Jean Grey was able to affect and move individual molecules. It also helps that Rachel's powers are innate, and not incumbent on a ring, which loses its charge. TK has some of the same elements as the Lantern powers, but it does give the bearer a different power set.

stormfront13
No my friend, it is you who have missed the point .... Juggernaut is a high level marvel strong guy, something the Justice league has in abundance.

He lacks the bad-ass factor of Orion and Black Adam, and does not have the speed and skill of Bardra or Wonder Woman. Why the hell would the justice league need a strong, clumsy piece of crap like the Juggernaut. Being a walking piece of Diamond doesn't make good stories IMO.

Rogue on the other hand is a female version of the parasite, i.e. her power potential is limitless. She's also unbelievably hot, and doesn't have to worry about human durability. A power absorber is useful on any team, even the Justice league. I couldn't give a crap about her current Warbird / Sun-fire powers.

And no offense are you really a girl ? smile

rouge needs skin-to-skin contact, and can't affect people too powerful, also she can be overtaken and only uses her absorbing powers as a last resort. so that's......

1)can't absorb everyone
2)strong personalities can easily overtake her
3)hates to use her absorbing power
4)doesn'hae cntrol oer re asbg power

and for the last time, i'm not a girl

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by stormfront13

and for the last time, i'm not a girl

Am i the only one to question your masculinity ? smile

NoFate007
Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Fantastic 4, Storm, Cyclops, Beast, Professor X, Silver Surfer maybe, Hulk (but they'd be cautious)...

Wolverine I don't think would want to join. Some X-Men I think would feel sort of like outcasts and would have problems joining: people like Wolverine. They would think a lot of them were looking down on them or something. Of course, Cyclops, Storm, and Professor X have a good bond with understanding and dealing with that, so they would be able to join with ease I think. If they did that, then a lot of X-Men would join them, like Colossus and Nightcrawler and whatnot. I don't know much about Wonderman and whatnot so I can't really say yes or no on them.

Tron

Co-signed

Batman doesnt like taking orders from anyone but Superman and even then he doesnt like it.....and in the end he always gets what he wants maniplulating everything.....Cap would take charge.....there might be some tension

Besides Batman gets along with NO one but Alfred.....and lately hes being a jackass to him too

Of course he probably wouldn't like it, but there's no way for him to deny that Cap would be the best natural choice for the job.

Which is why Cap would be perfect for them, a field team needs a single leader in order to perform at its most effective level... otherwise you get a group of 7 or so individuals rather than an efficient team.... in comics no character has shown better leadership abilities than Captain America.... even when he's completely outpowered and outnumbered he uses whatever resources are available to their fullest potential

Double Co-sign

Originally posted by NoFate007
Wolverine I don't think would want to join. Some X-Men I think would feel sort of like outcasts and would have problems joining: people like Wolverine.

I doubt they'd allow him to join anyway. The way he mows threw his enemies, the League wouldn't feel comfortable with him onboard. He's better fit for the Outsiders or JLA Elite.

thesilverspider
The league needs a magic user so Dr.strange is the obvious choice.The league also needs some females so some like sersi,photon(monica)and mantis.....

MuffinmanMike

"I vote Cap as our new Leader."
"But Clark..."
"No I agree."
"Me too."
"Yeah I see your point."
"*Rest of the League agrees*"
"Well, as my first order of CEO. We're calling ourselves the Avengers"
"*Everyone groans*"

But Cap, Spidey, Iron Man. All 3 are definate editions. Anyone who's simply "superstrong" would get left behind. They don't need more muscle, especially if it can't fly.
Mr.Fantastic just so they could have the monopoly on stretchers.
The F4 because where Reed goes, Ben, Sue and Johnny are sure to follow.

Arahan
Jack of Hearts

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Namor shifty
Now what would namor bring to the JLA... hmmm... ah yes... POINTY EARS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.