The Paris Hilton and Nintendo connection

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyber Ninja
http://revolution.ign.com/ thatsnot an article but just her holding rev. I heard that she is sorta partners to show off nintendos stuff(they got her to do it) she even showed lots of pics of her self posing with a Nintendo Ds and she even costumised her own DS

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/images/parishiltonds23ds9fi.jpg

Microsoft and Sony have each caught a fair amount of heat from hardcore gamers for shilling their products via celebs who have very little interest in gaming. In fact, when we posted a photo on Joystiq showing Paris Hilton holding a brand new Xbox 360, one reader wrote the following response:

"It's good to know that Microsoft recognizes that celebrities really are better than everybody else... I don't know who they think they're marketing to--but, as a gamer, I don't give a crap what celebrity owns or prefers which system. As a matter of fact, I think most gamers probably resent Microsoft for this move."

Sorry to break it to all ya'll Ninty Fanboys, but Nintendo's no different. Today we received a press release headlined "Nintendo Draws an A-List Crowd at Sundance" which gushes:

"Celebrities from the worlds of music, film and television lined up to check out the coolest Nintendo products on display at the Sundance Film Festival. Luminaries like Paris Hilton, Good Charlotte, Rob Lowe, Jessica Biel and the Beastie Boys visited Nintendo this week in Motorola's Moto on Main celebrity lounge in the heart of Park City, Utah."

This is not to say that we have a problem with it. Companies can and will use celebrity endorsement to pitch their products to the masses. Celebrity endorsement is as old as celebrity worship, and that's as old as Helen of Troy. We're just pointing out that none of the big three are above the tactic, so stop already with the holier-than-thou stuff, fanboys.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6533/68925ix.jpg

Refused
Who gives a ****.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Refused
Who gives a ****. Your ass for coming in here.

Ast
Touching that DS could probably give you some disease after that nasty ***** uses it, especially the stylus. blink

Cyber Ninja
Other celebrites attending the event that Nintendo was desperate to attach its name to were Rob Lowe, Jessica Biel, Michael Rapaport, Pris from "Blade Runner," the eldest son from "Malcom in the Middle," that chick from "Veronica Bell," and the guy I automatically recognized as Lance from "King of New York," which made me happy because that was a strange but ultimately fun action-crime movie. Christopher Walken led a really great cast, which included Laurence Fishburne, Wesley Snipes and David Caruso. "King of New York" is available on DVD at all fine retailers and online stores.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Ast
Touching that DS could probably give you some disease after that nasty ***** uses it, especially the stylus. blink Thats why nintendo is using her to seel products..her pic is smack on Ign with the rev and mario drooling(click the link) She even goes "Touching is good* I hear everywhere on how people ***** about Xbox and Sony lol but now Nintendo did the same thing which I didn't expect at all.

Cyber Ninja
http://www.nintendorks.com/johnny/012704_sundance_paris-hilton_t.gif

Victor Von Doom
I'd but that for a dollar.

Already got a Cube though.

Cyber Ninja
I bet you would.

Victor Von Doom
Just noticed I wrote 'but', and not 'buy'.

Although add another t and it's still true.

JToTheP
Paris Hilton is a stupid whore. Why don't they try to get the attention of REAL celebrities, not tarts?

JToTheP
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
http://www.nintendorks.com/johnny/012704_sundance_paris-hilton_t.gif

She just finished shoving that up...

I won't even say it. stick out tongue

Imperial_Samura
Is there actually any marketing statistics that support the idea that Paris Hilton is a good marketing image? She annoys the hell out of me, and it saddens me the venerable Nintendo company has come to this. Mario, Link and some other character would be spinning in their graves if they had them!

Ast
Originally posted by JToTheP

Nah, its too small, she probably prefers an XBOX. blink

IcePunk
Originally posted by Ast
Nah, its too small, she probably prefers an XBOX. blink
hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhah
ahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahah
ahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahh
ahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahaha
hahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahhaha
hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah
ahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahah
ahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
hhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahaha
hahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahha
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah....man, that's funny laughing

dave123
That's hot no expression

El_NINO
Originally posted by JToTheP

Whats funny is the guy in the back stairing, look at his face laughing

FG725
Man if anything that shit makes me not wanna buy it she is like the most hated celebrity

IcePunk
Originally posted by dave123
That's hot no expression
WTF?! Dave is back? Have you been on vacation or sumthin'?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.