Kyle Katarn vs Obi-Wan (ROTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vpokdekjyafmidp
setting is in the jedi library in coruscant
i say kyle katarn wins

LordMArkaRAgnos
Yea I agree.Obi-wan is no match for the powers dark side of the force and katarn has the advantage of having the powers of both.

Darth Magnevus
I do believe you are right... besides... Obi-Wan isn't that great, as I have seen proven time and time again, so I'm not going to go into the long list of reasons...

DE Calvin
umm...he's only been beaten twice, he's pretty good. I think he can take Katarn.

Darth Magnevus
oh yea... just cuz I say so, it must be wrong... I see... well lets revew obi-wan's exploits shall we?
1 he beats Maul by a stroke of luck in that Maul is being cocky
2 he beats Grievous by that his form is practicaly built to defeat him
3 he beats Anikin because Anikin is being angry and cocky
need I say more? If not for his going after Duku in the battle on Geonosis and Anikin protecting his a** in the arena, he would probly be dead...

DE Calvin
Umm...no. Because he would actully win, due to a massive amount of experience in comparison to Katarn.

xxxpoppunker182
ya and kenobi is very intelligent and he is a master of form 3 so he's pretty much really hard to hit. i don't think that katarn will be able to defeat him in combat.

DE Calvin
I hate it when people overestimate NJO characters.

Captain REX
Katarn had, what...ten years of training? At the time of JK, Obi-Wan would kill him. At the time of JO, he might have a bit more trouble, but would still kill him.

Then again, Valley of the Jedi zaps Kyle Katarn into...Super Katarn!

Faroth
I'm going with Obi-Wan. His skill may not match RotS Anakin, but he's still extremely powerful in the arts of saber combat. Here's a reply for your first standpoints, Magnevus.

1. There's no such thing as luck. Maul was just being sloppy because he thought a padawan had no chance againt him.
2. Well, if Obi-Wan's style was "built" to defeat Grievous, he still defeated Grievous with his mastery of that form. And besides, he killed Grievous with a blaster remember?
3. Anakin was stronger than Obi-Wan and had the potential to beat him. He just made a stupid move.

LordMArkaRAgnos
TWo words -"Force lightning" and katarn wins.YEs anakin did have potential but obi-wan had the obvious advantage since skywalker was his padwan and he knew his moves well.Knowing your opponents moves no matter how powerful he is a important aspect of gaining a key victory

kamikz
Originally posted by Darth Magnevus
oh yea... just cuz I say so, it must be wrong... I see... well lets revew obi-wan's exploits shall we?
1 he beats Maul by a stroke of luck in that Maul is being cocky
2 he beats Grievous by that his form is practicaly built to defeat him
3 he beats Anikin because Anikin is being angry and cocky
need I say more? If not for his going after Duku in the battle on Geonosis and Anikin protecting his a** in the arena, he would probly be dead...

1. He was a inexperienced padawan, now he is one of the best jedi masters in the order and would utterly waste Maul.
2. This is irrelevant. He defeated him didn't he? Anyway, he would pwn him even without that style, one force push made Grievous drop all his lightsabers and run away.
3. No, he defeated Anakin because he was a better duellist. Sure he woulden't have won at that moment if Anakin didn't jump, but he was the one that made Anakin jump. Anakin never broke through Obi-Wan's defence more than he broke through his, I never saw Anakin having an easier time than Obi-Wan.

If not for Desann sparing his life in the beginning of JO, or Mara Jade saving him when he was captured Kyle would probably be dead.

Kyle is very good though, he is able to defeat a person who can stand up to Luke which is pretty impressive. And that is with only some days of re-traning. If this is NJO Kyle he was a grand master of saber combat, and a good force user who used many light side and dark side powers. If this is NJO Kyle I go with him. If this is JA or JO Kyle I go with Obi-Wan.

vpokdekjyafmidp
and i hate when people overestimate movie characters

Fishy
Originally posted by vpokdekjyafmidp
and i hate when people overestimate movie characters

If you think somebody is overestimating a movie character here then please say why instead of just saying that you hate it.

Personally I have no idea who would win, I have never cared for anything post ROTJ.

vpokdekjyafmidp
well everyones like ooh aniken can beat up everyone that ever existed ooh aniken i love youu aniken was the best jedi ever ooh

like that

vpokdekjyafmidp
i saw it wen i was browsing thru the aniken vs. plo koon thread

DE Calvin
well everyones like ooh aniken can beat up everyone that ever existed ooh aniken i love youu aniken was the best jedi ever ooh

like that
Um...that would explain why Obi-Wan beat him, right?

DE Calvin
Originally posted by LordMArkaRAgnos
TWo words -"Force lightning" and katarn wins.YEs anakin did have potential but obi-wan had the obvious advantage since skywalker was his padwan and he knew his moves well.Knowing your opponents moves no matter how powerful he is a important aspect of gaining a key victory
This means...What? That Obi-wan didn't defeat maul, grievous, or Anakin? The whole force-lightning would look like what Obi-Wan did when Dooku tried to use it on him, mybe more, cause we didn't see him doing in in ROTS.

Darth_Glentract
If this is NJO Katarn, he wins. DN, he wins for sure. Any time period before NJO he loses.

DE Calvin
Depends wat NJO book he is from. unfortuneatley, the thread starter has yet to speicify..

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by DE Calvin
Depends wat NJO book he is from. unfortuneatley, the thread starter has yet to speicify..

The only one he is mentioned in is TUF.

Ogami Itto
pwnt! laughing out loud

kamikz

like that

If you haven't noticed Anakin is very disliked here, and no one has said anything about him defeating every one. The Plo Koon thread was silly because people said Plo would win, not that people said that Anakin would win.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
The only one he is mentioned in is TUF.
I'm saying about time and strength. The later, the more powerful he would be.

Ogami Itto
What like Obiwan? he became REAL powerful by episode iv........ not

DE Calvin
so you are saying from AOTC to ROTS, he didn't become more powerful, and don't forget from ROTS to ANH, he wasn't training or getting exp.

Ogami Itto
so you are saying from AOTC to ROTS, he didn't become more powerful.
What the f**k? how did you establish that i said that?
I was merely pointing out that the older someone gets, doesn't necessarily mean there going to get more powerful!

Hey u just got me thinking (Look outblowup) what evidence is there that obi did become more powerful in rots than he was in aotc! what made him look weak in 2 was he got pwnd by dooku!in rots he seemed to do worse laughing out loud

DE Calvin
HAHAHA. HE SPENT HOW MANY YEARS IN THE OUTER RIM? He got promoted to be on the council. You said that exp. doesn't make you stronger.

Ogami Itto
"You said that exp. doesn't make you stronger."

um where did i say that?

DE Calvin
YOU DENIED HE GOT MORE POWERFUL FORM EP. 2 TO EP. 3.

Faroth
Umm.... Obi-Wan got a whole lot stronger in RotS... Do you think that AotC Obi-Wan could beat Grievous?

Oh, and he said "he wasn't training or getting exp" not "You said that exp doesn't make you stronger."

Ogami Itto
YOU DENIED HE GOT MORE POWERFUL FORM EP. 2 TO EP. 3.

Sigh..once again. um where did i say that?

DE Calvin
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
what evidence is there that obi did become more powerful in rots than he was in aotc! what made him look weak in 2 was he got pwnd by dooku!in rots he seemed to do worse laughing out loud
THERE.

Ogami Itto
I'm saying about time and strength. The later, the more powerful he would be.

Ogami Itto
THERE.

the smiley is supposed to mean i was saying that jokingly!

DE Calvin
no. you put that there, cause you think you got me.

Ogami Itto
laughing laughing laughing laughing whatever man, ur so full of yourself!

i just think it's funny how obiwan gets thrown around like a rag doll, even after becoming more powerful!

kamikz
Pretty easy. In AOTC Dooku was toying, in ROTS he wanted to take out Kenobi.

Faroth
the smiley is supposed to mean i was saying that jokingly!

No, when you put that smilie there, you were laughing at yourself. That smilie means "lol"

DE Calvin
laughing laughing laughing laughing whatever man, ur so full of yourself!

i just think it's funny how obiwan gets thrown around like a rag doll, even after becoming more powerful!
I think its funny how you get thrown around like a ragdoll in every thread you post in.

Ogami Itto
im sorry if u interpreted my post in the wrong way guys (i'm hardly a genius of grammar) but I AGREE WITH YOU! he DID become more powerful obviously, i was , as i've said before, merely stating that , the older does not necessarily =more powerful

DE Calvin
Well that could be wrong TOO, Take Yoda as an example.

Faroth
No one said anything about being older! I mean, he is older, but he trained a lot and got more experience...

DE Calvin
read the preious page, faroth, Ogami said alot about age.

Ogami Itto
does the word necessarily mean anything to you you poor fool ???

what a noob fanboy no

Faroth
Me, or Calvin? Because neither of us really are...

DE Calvin
How is anybody in this entire thread being a fanboy?

Ogami Itto
QUOTE=5905537]Originally posted by DE Calvin
read the preious page, faroth, Ogami said alot about age.

NO YOU stated that age stuff!!!!

u said : I'm saying about time and strength. The later, the more powerful he would be

DE Calvin
ok, here is WHY!!!!
He was in NJO, and gaining more exp. everyday. god damn.

Numan
What does Kyle Katarn actually appear in.

Faroth
The video games, and some books I believe...

kamikz
The Jedi Knight games, some books, mostly NJO I think. (If not only).

DE Calvin
TUF, and he doesn't just dies after that, even thought he isn't mentioned after that, doesn't mean he wasnt't still a jedi, and didn't gain more exp.

Ogami Itto
what the **** are you saying???

DE Calvin
He appeared in The Unifying Force...you would know that if you knew how to read.

Dark Aristokrat
what the **** are you saying???

Why are you here? You don't know anything and you're obnoxious. Shouldn't you be in the SS thread giggling with your crew about some loser's website?

DE Calvin
They probably don't like him in there, either.

Ogami Itto
i feel a song coming on..

to calvin:

"oh God oh God your so fantastic
thanks to aristorkrat your a sexual spastic"

DE Calvin
Sweet spelling, dude!!!

Faroth
That wasn't funny, Ogami. And thaks isn't a word, dumb ass. Not in English, anyways...

DE Calvin
and his name is Aristokrat, not aristorkrat

Ogami Itto
i'm sorry fanboys i'll leave you to it!

DE Calvin
http://chosenofmystra.net/gabby/noob.jpg

Dark Aristokrat
Pwnt.

Ogami Itto
ROFLMFAO!! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

DE Calvin
you know that was an insult directed towards you right? Or is your brain to dense to comprehend?

Faroth
Forget it Calvin, he's a dumb ass.

Dark Aristokrat
I don't think he has a brain. The height of his intellect is using smilies and being an *******.

Faroth
He has a brain, it was cloned from SuperShadow's.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by Faroth
Forget it Calvin, he's a dumb ass.
*points to popped blood vessel in head* It's too late for that now..

Ogami Itto
pwnt!!

Faroth
F***tard, that was directed toward you too.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by Faroth
He has a brain, it was cloned from SuperShadow's.
hahahaha.
He laughs when he gets PWNT (just like SS's).

Faroth
Exactly.

Ogami Itto
lughs !!

PWNT eek!

DE Calvin
pwnt!!
Pwnt.

Dark Aristokrat
lughs !!

PWNT eek!

I don't think someone who says "ur" and "im" has any reason to giggle over typos.

DE Calvin
lughs !!

PWNT eek!
STFU! You still wouldn't understand it if it was spelled right.

Ogami Itto
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Faroth
This thread's going to be closed soon.... all it is now is a place to blast Ogami up. I'm leaving this thread....

DE Calvin
lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.