Best Elf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lothlorien.elf
I always thought that Haldir is the best elf and best character in LotR but iunno, because most people have no clue who Haldir is. There are many other great elves, yes i know, but Haldir is the best and the most noble and the most loyal one. ill start a poll then ... VOTE HALDIR!!!

DanielLB
Out of all the options, Haldir is defiantly not better compared with Gil-Galad or even Elrond. Little part in both film and book and di very littlesmile

For me, i dont know which one to chose beacuse there all brilliant in one way or another.

lothlorien.elf
doesnt matter if he had little part in the books and the films. The main point is the elf himself not his popularity.

DanielLB
Originally posted by lothlorien.elf
doesnt matter if he had little part in the books and the films. The main point is the elf himself not his popularity.

I didnt say he was not popular?! I just said you cant compare Haldir with other such great elven warriors like Gil-Galad and Orophin!

lothlorien.elf
Originally posted by DanielLB
I didnt say he was not popular?! I just said you cant compare Haldir with other such great elven warriors like Gil-Galad and Orophin!

Oh really? I cant? Im doing that right now. And it doesnt matter whether or not he was a 'great warrior'. Hes a great elf. He didnt have to have killed or battled or died in order to gain respect and love from people. Honestly. Yes hes comparable with them.

RvB]Tucker
Well, I voted for Gil-Gilgalad.

Darkman87
I say Elrond. Haldir was only an elf commander I think so.

Hello Friend
Haldir's lucky Gimli didn't rip his head off when he had the chance.

bogen
orophin, no questions s dont even ask

Blaxican_Jedi
lmao, poor celeborn.

Belegűr
Glorfindel would kick any of those other Elves' @$$e$! Happy Dance
stick out tongue

lothlorien.elf
i still love my precious haldir the best =D.

Bar-en-Danwedh
i gotta go with gilly...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/zh/thumb/7/75/Gil-galad11-1-.jpg/300px-Gil-galad11-1-.jpg

but celeborn is cool too...

DanielLB
i still love my precious haldir the best =D.

In a battle between Haldir and the rest of the elves listed, do you really think he has any chance?!

lothlorien.elf
In a battle between Haldir and the rest of the elves listed, do you really think he has any chance?!

who cares? I like him ... and did I say he had a chance? at least I appreciate him...

DanielLB
For what? Killed one orc? lol, only joking!

I know and appreciate that hes your fav elven warrior, but you said:

''I always thought that Haldir is the best elf and best character in LotR''

I was just simply sating hes not, as he didnt do much and wasnt a very strong and able character. He doesnt even appear in the books! The only Haldir in Tolkiens ME is lord of the Haladin of Brethil, and first child of Halmir, he died in 471 First Age!

Draugwen

DanielLB
Oh yeahbig grin sorry about that, completely forgot (i know more bout Sil than LOTR hehe)smile Well, then he was in the book but had a very minute part

Darth Traya
Out of that lineup? Glorfindel. My favourite overall?

Fingolfin, he had a lot of balls.

lothlorien.elf
For what? Killed one orc? lol, only joking!

I know and appreciate that hes your fav elven warrior, but you said:

''I always thought that Haldir is the best elf and best character in LotR''

I was just simply sating hes not, as he didnt do much and wasnt a very strong and able character. He doesnt even appear in the books! The only Haldir in Tolkiens ME is lord of the Haladin of Brethil, and first child of Halmir, he died in 471 First Age!

yes well if you actually read the book ... yes I feel that if he had more part hed be good. but to ME hes the best elf and character in LotR. to ME. im not saying this for anyone else ok? I just think hes the best.

DanielLB
yes well if you actually read the book ...

Ive probabaly read the books more than most people so i wpuldnt say that! The fact is that i didnt remember Haldir in Lorien is beacuse.....hes there fore like 2 pages!

Before i get angry (lolstick out tongue) i aprreciate your view, hopefully you understand mine and where im coming from, and lets see what toher people think!

Fëanor
i see Feanor is not on that list...if you're gonna list elves from Tolkien's body of work...you may as well list them all, yeah?

Darth Traya
Yeah, Feanor is up there. Fingolfin is my favourite elf though, he's just pure badass. He's angry and powerful enough to be mistaken for a Vala and he's able to dice up Morgoth pretty hard.

lothlorien.elf
Ive probabaly read the books more than most people so i wpuldnt say that! The fact is that i didnt remember Haldir in Lorien is beacuse.....hes there fore like 2 pages!

Before i get angry (lolstick out tongue) i aprreciate your view, hopefully you understand mine and where im coming from, and lets see what toher people think!

he wasnt there for two pages .... more like 10 pages in case ur 2 dum 2 count ... dumb in the nice way though ... big grin

Thorondor
Elfs suck, NELFS FOR THE WIN!

lothlorien.elf
Originally posted by Thorondor
Elfs suck, NELFS FOR THE WIN!

NOOOOOOOOO no they dont suck!!! gollum sucks!!!

DanielLB
he wasnt there for two pages .... more like 10 pages in case ur 2 dum 2 count ... dumb in the nice way though ... big grin

haha too rightsmile no i was just down exagerating and i coudlnt be bothered to count how many pages he was inbig grin lol

Blaxican_Jedi
Well it doesn't even really matter considering Gimli could smother most of them with his fat...so i don't see the point.

lothlorien.elf
Originally posted by Blaxican_Jedi
Well it doesn't even really matter considering Gimli could smother most of them with his fat...so i don't see the point.

LOLLLL gimlis really fat ... laughing

DanielLB
not really fat! hes just short and rounded off! haha

Fëanor
I still say Feanor was the better character in the stories.

lothlorien.elf

lothlorien.elf
not really fat! hes just short and rounded off! haha

lmao yeh ... gimli is very chubby and short, which is not a very good combo... laughing

DanielLB
big grinbig grin haha ive got side tracked from the point of this thread?! We seem to be talking about Gimli? lmao!

lothlorien.elf
big grinbig grin haha ive got side tracked from the point of this thread?! We seem to be talking about Gimli? lmao!

LOLL laughing yeh ... hes an elf X) jks...

lothlorien.elf
o ya ... when i wrote 'orophin' i meant Haldir's brother not the famous one, but w/e suit urselves

Blaxican_Jedi
How are the hell are dwarves the best sprinters? They carry around like 300 pounds worth of fat and weaposn and armor...

lothlorien.elf
Originally posted by Blaxican_Jedi
How are the hell are dwarves the best sprinters? They carry around like 300 pounds worth of fat and weaposn and armor...

rotfl laughing omgg this is retarded laughing out loud but your right rolling on floor laughing aha how DO they sprint? X)

Natallica
well out of all those elves, I'd say Haldir IS the best so ill vote for him wink

lothlorien.elf
yeh u go gurl X)

Fëanor

Haldir o Lórien

Draugwen
I'Ve been wondering about that name, Feanor... is it just the expression of a liking for a certain character or does it describe you as it did with Feanor? stick out tongue (and how do you do these dots on the e??)
Happy Dance

Fëanor

Draugwen

Haldir o Lórien

Draugwen

Haldir o Lórien

Draugwen

Soldner
haldir is the greates elf of all

Haldir o Lórien

Soldner

Dr_Joshua_Keyes
Elrond was cool! So are the others but..yeah Very cool!

vanice

Haldir o Lórien
Originally posted by vanice
lol.. why is haldir even in this list.he is nothing compared to celeborn or gil galad. and several of the most important elves are missing. like Galadriel... WFT mate??

errr okay ... thanks for your opinion and i purposely did NOT put the 'important' elves for a reason .. if you dont want to vote, then fine, but please dont 'WTF' me, okay? i can put whoever i want on the list

vanice

Haldir o Lórien
well good then .. and i'm sorry for blowing up at you wink

Draugwen
WTF?? confused

Haldir o Lórien
^what do you mean 'WTF'?

vanice
which glorfindel is it. the one in the fellowship of the ring hasn't done jack shit. not what we know at least. well he served in the battle of fornost. that ain't that much. It could be the same person as the one who fell with the balrog. He just fell, it doesn't say he died. but absence isn't proof of absence...
would be cool though.

Haldir o Lórien
yes .... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fieldy69
why are you so obsessed with haldir he is nothing compared to most of these other guys

Haldir o Lórien
Originally posted by Fieldy69
why are you so obsessed with haldir he is nothing compared to most of these other guys

excuse me? i canNOT believe you just said that to me ... so basically you're questioning me on my preferences, is that what you're doing? does it matter if he didnt have much of a part? why the hell do you care who i am obsessed with, it is none of your business and it has nothing to do with you. not everyone is like you, so you just watch your mouth, if you will

there is a huge difference between asking me why i put Haldir on the poll and asking me why i have an obsession with him. questioning my preferences on a poll that has nothing to do with me is a very stupid thing to do.

please ask me reasonable questions about the POLL (as the other members have been politely doing) and not questions about ME, as it is none of your business whatsoever.

thanks,
x..Haldir..x

Draugwen
Ai-yai, don't bite off each other's heads people stick out tongue The only thing about Haldir is that you know very little about him, that doesn't mean he's nothing compared to the others yes And it's not a reason not to be obsessed with him either wink Nothing to get overly excited about wink
*goes into hiding*

Oh, btw... nice sig, Haldir big grin Not very happy words beneath it tho' stick out tongue

Blue_Hefner
Other:Legolas

Draugwen
Originally posted by vanice
which glorfindel is it. the one in the fellowship of the ring hasn't done jack shit. not what we know at least. well he served in the battle of fornost. that ain't that much. It could be the same person as the one who fell with the balrog. He just fell, it doesn't say he died. but absence isn't proof of absence...
would be cool though.

Well, some say that it's the same person having returned from the halls of Mandos after having died in that fight... others say it's two different persons... I believe Tolkien himself didn't decide on one of these two versions... now if that isn't confusing confused

Haldir o Lórien
Originally posted by Draugwen
Ai-yai, don't bite off each other's heads people stick out tongue The only thing about Haldir is that you know very little about him, that doesn't mean he's nothing compared to the others yes And it's not a reason not to be obsessed with him either wink Nothing to get overly excited about wink
*goes into hiding*

Oh, btw... nice sig, Haldir big grin Not very happy words beneath it tho' stick out tongue

haha thanks for the backup and the compliment ... wink hug

Draugwen
You're most welcome big grin
jump

Fëanor

vanice
*goes into hiding*

absence is not proof of absence.

Haldir o Lórien
^meaning what? roll eyes (sarcastic)

vanice
i think you can figure it out your self... wink but ye never know.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Haldir o Lórien
okay well I really don't care about your trash anyway ... i don't even know why i'm bothering to care what you're saying

anyway back on topic ...

Haldir has my vote ... are there any other voters? :P

Leggy_n_Merry
I know this is off topic but do you know how to do any of the other letters with like things (haha I don't know what they're called in general.. they all have different names don't they?) on top of them? I always want to know how to do them and this is my chance to find out! Haha..

But I did vote and I voted for Haldir big grin Mainly based on the films though..

Sin Harvest

Haldir o Lórien

thefallen544
I voted for Elrond, I don't know why I just think that out of his list hes not specifically "the best" in any given area but is my favourite. The other two that were close were Gil-Galad and Glorfindel.

Sin Harvest
Yeah Elrond is cool.

Draugwen
Yeps, he is yes I think I voted for him as well... can't remember embarrasment
I sort of miss Thranduil here tho'...

LadyOfMirkwood9
I think the best elf would be Legolas no doubt

Draugwen
I think you can't really say 'best' anyway... it always depends on te view, and there are a lot of qualities you can compare persons by (personality, skills, looks, whatever), too many to ask for the 'best'. It then depends on how much you value each of these qualities, and for persons you know little about, how you see those. smile

Am I rambling? Yet again? embarrasment

LadyOfMirkwood9
Well it also depends on what you see in the character big grin bunny

Draugwen
That too, agreed big grin
But then you say 'my favourite' and not 'the best' in respect for the opinions of others... or.. whatever stick out tongue I'm speaking form the POV of someone who is unable to decide on a real favourite wink

Fëanor
I voted Orophin...whoever the hell he is *shrugs*

Draugwen

Fëanor
Oh. Right. Thank you for that. I can safely say I will now know that answer should it ever come up on Jeopardy stick out tongue

Draugwen
laughing

Fëanor
just wondering..but is that you in your sig?

Draugwen
Yeps, that's me smile My favourite pic of myself, actually; It just doesn't come out well in that size wink

Fëanor
sweet. sort of intimidating if you ask me, and i know you haven't. strike a pose, girlfriend stick out tongue

whereabouts was that pic taken? sherwood? mirkwood? stick out tongue

Draugwen
Ahm... close to a tiny little place called Weilerstoffel stick out tongue Not very exciting, eh? Nice forest though... I've taken a lot of similar pics there, and we did some Life-RP there too (with only four players^^')
Intimidating? Me?? I'm a very very nice person
angel_not
ahm... stick out tongue

Fëanor
riiiiiight!!! i'll take your word with a grain of salt please. that sword does soften your stance a bit, if i were a million miles away...big grin

well it looks like a nice place to visit, or have a picnic. and only four? not much fun with only four. twenty or thirty would have been better.

Draugwen
Nice place indeed. Lots of ticks and mosquitoes, but no one around wink

I'd say ten. It doesn't make huge battles, but you know people better and I think that's a good thing smile
Besides, twenty or thirty are a little many to have as guests in the house stick out tongue We'll be playing again this year, with five players this time, and all other four are staying at my place wink

Fëanor
that's probably where the phrase 'roughing it' came from. from being out in the woods. maybe i ought to give it a go.

fair enough. and it sounds like a lot of fun. wish i could be there to enjoy the festivities. but knowing me...i'd most likely become so immersed in it that i'd go berserk or something. maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea then. ah..such is life, eh?

Draugwen
Well, as long as you promise to keep yourself in check we'd even invite you wink Guess you live a little far away tho'...

Fëanor
Well, as long as you promise to keep yourself in check we'd even invite you wink Guess you live a little far away tho'... oh most likely i would do that. wouldn't want you and your friends thinking i'm some blubbering idiot, now would we? don't answer that! yes, that i do. although i could make the trek. after all, the elves did it, so i don't see why i couldn't.

Draugwen
No, I don't answer that big grin

Funny talking about that trek though... I can only gess where you live^^' But we'll most probably be meeting next year too, so why not try to join? wink A week might just be a little short to plan^^' (Oh, and in case you didn't notice, we're all weirdos stick out tongue )

Fëanor
No, I don't answer that big grin

Funny talking about that trek though... I can only gess where you live^^' But we'll most probably be meeting next year too, so why not try to join? wink A week might just be a little short to plan^^' (Oh, and in case you didn't notice, we're all weirdos stick out tongue ) thanks for that bit of kindness. actually, i live somewhere beyond the sea and over the mountain, through purple grains of grass. why it's purple i've yet to find out.

weirdos? being weird is always a good thing IMO. i'm more afraid of those, them that say they're sane. as if such a thing could ever happen.

Draugwen
People saying they're sane? Happens very, very often stick out tongue I also live beyond the sea and over the mountain, but *our* grass is green stick out tongue Remains yet to figure out who's on which side of the sea^^'

Fëanor
okay! fine! if you really must know...i live waaaay on the west coast. next to the pacific. it's really hot here.

and if that were true, then i'd have to question that validity of that claim. i'd rather go through life INsane than say i'm sane. you can't trust someone who says they're sane.

Draugwen
Well, I'm insane big grin And I live in southern Germany, usually not hot though at the moment too wink

Fëanor
Well, I'm insane big grin And I live in southern Germany, usually not hot though at the moment too wink awesome...i live in in southern california. so is that like anywhere near Austria?

Draugwen
Not too far away I might say. Some hours by car, guess about five or a little more (though I'm bad at guessing stick out tongue)

Fëanor

immortal_sim
i put haldir but wot about legolas!!! and galadriel is kool and freaky in the film lol

Draugwen

finwe33
errrr tough one this, out of the line up it has to be gilly, my reason for that is he has been involved with some pritty serous s**t in the early ages and that i like.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.