Dooku (ROTS) & Greivous (ROTS) vs Sidious (ROTS) & Anakin (ROTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nano_probex
Master & Apprentice(??) V Master % Apprentice.

4 Dark tyrants facing off in pairs.

Who would win?

I personally think that Sidious and Anakin would win - easily. wink

vpokdekjyafmidp
well aniken would take out dooku and sidious would take out greivous
i think thats really one sided and stupid sidous can prob take on all 3 at the same time

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by vpokdekjyafmidp
well aniken would take out dooku and sidious would take out greivous
i think thats really one sided and stupid sidous can prob take on all 3 at the same time

Put down the pipe, dude.

Dooku alone would give Sidious a very hard time, possibly even defeating him after a very long battle. Dooku would pwn Anakin though. Don't you remember Dooku pwning Obi-wan, who defeated Anakin. Anakin won because Dooku wasn't trying to kill him.

GG would give Anakin a very hard time, but would die after a while, allowing Anakin to go help Sidious, letting Sidious and Anakin win.

vpokdekjyafmidp
yea dooku couldnt take out sidious
yoda couldnt so dooku couldnt
and yoda could take out dooku
dooku pussied out

Darth Kal-El
EDIT

Lord Darkstar
Man vpokdekjyafmidp I must have missed something when I came in, is this now the two drink minimum section?

Put down the beer and think logically now, Dooku is shown to have changed fighting styles after beating Obi-Wan, also in the novel he is told to throw the fight after Kenobi was down. Again there was a cut line where Dooku is shocked that he is to be killed, apparently Sidious promised him amensty after he lost. So Dooku threw the fight.

Now that this is established go watch RotS where Dooku kicks Anakin aside and throws Obi-Wan across a room and then brings a walkway down on him. Remember this is the same Obi-Wan that later pwned Anakin.

Also, Sidious taking them all? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

kamikz
dooku pussied out

Obi-Wan lost to Assaj, who lost to Anakin, who lost to Obi-Wan. Yoda's fight with Sidious was not fair, there are many sircomstances to why he lost.

Sidious had the high ground almost all the time.
Yoda fell down from the pod while Sidious didn't (because he weights more than Yoda and had a handle to grab).
Yoda's goal was to kill Sidious whilst Sidious was to survive. Where ever he goes Yoda must follow, makes it much harder to fight him.

If I remember correctly, Yoda didn't take out Dooku. Sure he could, but he could take out Sidious as well.

Dooku is a better swordsman than Sidious, although his force powers are weaker I bet he could stand up to him for a while.

Whoever fights who Grievous will go out the quickest which will leave a 2 on 1 against Dooku, which will be too much for him.

DE Calvin
dooku pussied out
You need to consider the forms, and strengths and weeknesses.

Faroth
Vpok, why don't you leave these forums and never come back?

Alright, it can be set up in two ways:

Sidious vs Grievous, Anakin vs Dooku- Dooku kills Anakin after a few minutes, Sidious kills Grievous in like two seconds, now it's Dooku vs Sidious and Anakin. You can figure it out from there.

Anakin vs Grievous, Dooku vs Sidious- Anakin would beat Grievous before Dooku could slip a slash on Sidious, so then they'd double team him and he'd be dead.

So either way, Anakin and Sidious would double-team Dooku, and yeah...

kamikz
Yes I agree, I would say there's a 6/10 chance that Sidious defeats Dooku, and a 9/10 that Anakin defeats Grievous, 9/10 that Dooku defeats Anakin, and 10/10 that Sidious defeats Grievous. So either way Sidious and Anakin will doubble team Dooku.

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by Faroth
Vpok, why don't you leave these forums and never come back?

Alright, it can be set up in two ways:

Sidious vs Grievous, Anakin vs Dooku- Dooku kills Anakin after a few minutes, Sidious kills Grievous in like two seconds, now it's Dooku vs Sidious and Anakin. You can figure it out from there.

Anakin vs Grievous, Dooku vs Sidious- Anakin would beat Grievous before Dooku could slip a slash on Sidious, so then they'd double team him and he'd be dead.

So either way, Anakin and Sidious would double-team Dooku, and yeah...
Agreed, anyway you put it Anakin and Sidious destroy.

darthsith19
Sidious > Tyranus
Anakin > Grievous

Or

Anakin > Tyranus
Sidious > Grievous

My suggestion: Add someone else to Tyranus's team.

Faroth
Anakin isn't stronger than Dooku...

ESB - 1138
Dooku vs. Sidious= Sidious
Grievous vs. Anakin= Anakin

Need I say more?

Oh and Faorth if Anakin isn't better then Dooku then why did he beat him in ROTS?

Faroth
Because the plan was for Dooku to lose. Palpatine had promised him mercy once he'd purposely lose to Anakin. If he'd wanted to, Dooku could've beaten Anakin. Did you see how Dooku's face had turned when Palpatine said "Kill him."? It was a suprised look that said "WTF? You said I'd live, damn you!"

Dark Aristokrat
Amen to that. Glad to see you're not corrupted by the "Annikin pwnz teh Duku!" idea, Faroth.

Xepeyon
Correction, Dooku was suppost to pretend to lose to Anakin, but Anakin really did overpower Dooku in ROTS.

Dark Aristokrat
I wouldn't call that "overpowering". The general word is he did get a legitimate slick move in on Dooku, but Dooku wasn't going all out on him. In a real fight, Anakin would never have had the chance for such a move because Dooku would pwn him.

Xepeyon
Yes he would. in the ROTS commentary, Lucas said that sidious tested Anakin to see if he could overpower Dooku, and suscedded that test.

Faroth
Suscedded? I assume you meant succeeded. That wasn't the test. The test was to see if Anakin had the will to kill someone against the Jedi code, and he did.

Xepeyon
Yet In Expanded Universe and movies, Anakin had often killed Against the Jedi Code. Example: The Tusken Raider slaughter in AOTC.

Dark Aristokrat
I wouldn't call that EU. But in any case, the idea was the get Dooku killed because Sidious feared Dooku was being too ambitious. And with the war over, Dooku would have no reason to support Sidious anymore. Anakin won not because he was a superior fighter, but because from the beginning Sidious had planned his win.

Xepeyon
Sorry, that was a mistake.

Xepeyon
Anakin did win because of superior fighting

Darth Sidious: " Soon I will have a new Apprentice, one far younger and more powerful." POWERFUL!

But you are right, another reason Dooku was killed was because he was ambitious.

Dark Aristokrat
Anakin had more raw potential, but Dooku had actual mastery that Vader never possessed.

Xepeyon
Yes in-fact he did. After his defeat as a padawan, he began to master different defensive/offensive fighting styles called Shien and Djem So which, while calm, made him among the most skilled swordsman in the Jedi Order(of his era).

Dark Aristokrat

No, it didn't. The best form of them all is Makashi, Form II, which only Dooku mastered. It IS the refinement of lightsaber fighting, as defined by the creators of the forms. What you're talking about is nonsense.

Captain REX
Dooku would probably defeat Anakin.

Sidious would fry Grievous, then save Anakin's ass and defeat Dooku.

Xepeyon
that's a laugh. Makashi the best? It was one of the most unpopular Forms in their time! The strongest Form against Jedi And otherwise was Form VII=Juyo. Cin Drallig was a practicer of this. But because of the Dark Side Elements in it, few practiced it.

Captain REX
You know WHY it was unpopular?

Xepeyon
No..NOR do You.

Faroth
Exactly. Any way you set it up. Sidious could hold off Dooku until Anakin kills Grievous, then double team Dooku. Or like REX set it up.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Xepeyon
No..NOR do You.

Oh really? Let's see about that...

Form II, Makashi, was poor for use against blaster bolts.

Now, answer this, Xepeyon: What was the primary use of the lightsaber during the Prequel era?

Xepeyon
I actually have to agree with that.

Xepeyon
Originally posted by Captain REX
Oh really? Let's see about that...

Form II, Makashi, was poor for use against blaster bolts.

Now, answer this, Xepeyon: What was the primary use of the lightsaber during the Prequel era?

Form VI: Niman, Form I: Shii-Cho, and Form IV: Ataru were quite popular.

Captain REX
And why was that? You also forgot Soresu.

Let me rephrase the question: What kind of opponents were the Jedi usually up against when using their lightsabers?

Dark Aristokrat
Cuz they sucked.

Muskets were more popular than longrifles in the 1700s. Are they more accurate in a shootout? No. Don't argue stupid concepts like that. Makashi WAS the best, period. This was an excerpt from SW Insider from the creators of the forms. Their ideas trump yours, period. Dooku > Anakin.

Xepeyon
Numerous Jedi during the battle of Geonosis used Form VI, All younglings and padawans use Form I, and many masters such as Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Darth Sidious used Form IV.

Dark Aristokrat
Go check the link in my post, Xepeyon.

Captain REX
I didn't ask who, I asked why.

Anyways, the reason why is either a) because they were fighting guys with guns, not other Jedi or b) personal preference.

Makashi is stylized for purely saber-on-saber combat. If you need a duel to be won, call in a Makashi practitioner. If you need to own some dude with a gun shooting at you, reflect it back with Soresu or avoid the shots with Ataru. Or...don't fight and die with Niman.

Xepeyon
I've gotta hit the sack now...I'll be back tomorrow if I can.

Dark Aristokrat
Everyone always has to book when it starts getting good. Tsk.

Captain REX
thumbs_up

I agree.

Dark Aristokrat
Rex, you've had that sig for two weeks at least. Aren't you do for a change?

Captain REX
That I am. *runs off to change*

Dark Aristokrat
The Power of Suggestion (tm). Brought to you by Umbrella.

Captain REX
*head explodes*

Dark Aristokrat
Damn. *Clones another Rex* REX-002, you must lead the SW Versus Forums. Commence Operation: Pwn Noobs.

Captain REX
teh Pwnage! *kills everyone*

Dark Aristokrat
*Gets the hell out of dodge*

Captain REX
But I don't drive a Dodge. no expression

Dark Aristokrat
Yeah but.. ah... nevermind.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Faroth
Because the plan was for Dooku to lose. Palpatine had promised him mercy once he'd purposely lose to Anakin. If he'd wanted to, Dooku could've beaten Anakin. Did you see how Dooku's face had turned when Palpatine said "Kill him."? It was a suprised look that said "WTF? You said I'd live, damn you!"
You know, I love how people take the ROTS novel that so many people dismiss as bullshit over Lucas's own words. I'll say it again, ROTS Audio Commentary, during the Dooku duel.

Dark Aristokrat
So the official script was apparently not Lucas' own words?

Faroth
Yeah, Dooku tried to kill Anakin, is that why he gave him the essential tip of using his anger and rage to destroy his opponents? It was only then that Anakin started to get hardcore. Even the novel says that Dooku was suprised when Palpatine said "Kill Him."

darthsith19
Originally posted by Wesker
So the official script was apparently not Lucas' own words?
Lucas changed his mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.