Did anyone happen to catch that Dateline report on Sexual predators?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revernd Maynard
I thought it was very scary knowing that these perverts are all around us. From our teachers to our Police officers...

anyone else had any opinons about this?

Draco69
That's life. There are murderers. There are terrorists. And there are candy-selling pedophiles Just keep a close eye on our kids and teach them how to protect themselves. My little sister is learning Tae Kwon Do...

Atlantis001
Yeah... I think its life, human life is not too different from the animals life in the wild, we are all trying to survive here. Life was not supposed to be safe, that is an ideal created and believed by people not necessarily a real thing.

GCG
Most of them find a safe haven in the Internet, where they can prowl anonymisouly and hunt down their targets.

I would be horrified to be talking to someone whom I may find enjoyable to talk to on the Internet, maybe even KMC, only to discover some time later that he is a child molester.

I slo heard on a TV programme last week, that Sexual offenders, should be 'branded' with a tatoo on the neck, or in some place visible so they may be distinguished in public.......something a bit controvertial I must say.

Makedde
I find it sickening that when these sickos are released, they are moved into neighbourhoods where there are children, and no one is informed there is a pedophile living on their street.

Alpha Centauri
A radical amount of paedophilia cases would be dramatically reduced if parents stopped relying on censorship and everyone else to do their parenting and actually did it themselves.

-AC

Violet_Byatch
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
A radical amount of paedophilia cases would be dramatically reduced if parents stopped relying on censorship and everyone else to do their parenting and actually did it themselves.

-AC

Agreed.

There are a lot of sick bastards out their. And unfortunately those little websites that you go to to look for sex offenders in your neighborhood only works for people who have been convicted.

Do you know how many thousands of paedophiles, rapists, murderers, etc. there are out there that haven't been caught!
They're everywhere; your mailman, next door neighbor, the babysitter, even your own family.

It truly is a sick world, and the truth is, none of us are safe from it.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Violet_Byatch
Agreed.

There are a lot of sick bastards out their. And unfortunately those little websites that you go to to look for sex offenders in your neighborhood only works for people who have been convicted.

Do you know how many thousands of paedophiles, rapists, murderers, etc. there are out there that haven't been caught!
They're everywhere; your mailman, next door neighbor, the babysitter, even your own family.

It truly is a sick world, and the truth is, none of us are safe from it.

Insane post - read folk devils and moral panics!

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
I thought it was very scary knowing that these perverts are all around us. From our teachers to our Police officers...

Weird, what exactly was your opinion before? That criminals all wear eye-masks and boiler suits with arrows on?

Capt_Fantastic

-AC

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand. Are you blaming the kid who get's molested's parents, or the parents of the person doing the molesting?

Most gramatically incorrect post, ever.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Weird, what exactly was your opinion before? That criminals all wear eye-masks and boiler suits with arrows on?

Point is they are not "all around us".

Violet_Byatch
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat

Where do you live? Rainbow City?

Truth is rapes, murders and kidnappings happen everyday!

Whether you want to believe it or not

Sir Whirlysplat
Where do you live? Rainbow City?

Truth is rapes, murders and kidnappings happen everyday!

Whether you want to believe it or not

they happen everyday but most people don't do them!

Violent crime in the UK is falling actually despite more rigorous recording.

http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/output/Page63.asp

Violet_Byatch
they happen everyday but most people don't do them!

Didn't say everyone did!

But thousands of kids are raped and murdered everyday because of these sick bastards.

Sir Whirlysplat
Didn't say everyone did!

But thousands of kids are raped and murdered everyday because of these sick bastards.

thousands of kids are not raped and murdered in the UK.

Interestingly most studies show sixty plus % of child abuse comes from mothers.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/verismo/childmurder.html

Makedde

Parents deserve to feel safe about letting their kids play outside, without having to worry about the pedophile next door.

Makedde

They could be raped. Hundreds of kids can be raped everyday, but they don't tell anyone, so no one knows about it. Those kids are silent.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Makedde
Parents deserve to feel safe about letting their kids play outside, without having to worry about the pedophile next door.

Parents murder more children than anyone else.

Interestingly most studies show sixty plus % of child abuse comes from mothers.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/verismo/childmurder.html

As many here know I was an abused baby!

Violet_Byatch
They could be raped. Hundreds of kids can be raped everyday, but they don't tell anyone, so no one knows about it. Those kids are silent.

I'm talking about the US

Victor Von Doom

That's a point. Mine was a question.

Sir Whirlysplat
That's a point. Mine was a question.

agreed.

Victor Von Doom

Parental responsibility shouldn't be diminished. This is the same line of thinking as the anorexia thread, 'If we remove all the possible dangers, everyone can just stop doing anything and everything will be fine'.

Parents should be looking after their children properly, and in any case the chances of a child coming to harm from a stranger while out are statistically remote. It's more likely they'll be hit by a car.

I can see many cars out of the window, but not many creepy men in macs.

Victor Von Doom
agreed.

I do agree with that point too, as it happens.

It just would have taken attention from my sarcastic post.

Violet_Byatch

If parents were watching their kids while they're outside playing instead of just telling them to stay away from the road, the percentage of child abductions would be greatly decreased.

Sir Whirlysplat
I do agree with that point too, as it happens.

It just would have taken attention from my sarcastic post.

VVD I don't think anyone much cares about what any of us post except occasionally us mate. Do you? That's my question for tonight!

I don't see many dodgy guys in Macs either. wink Goodnight and sleep well as they say on "Crimewatch"

Revernd Maynard

-AC very true

Makedde
If parents were watching their kids while they're outside playing instead of just telling them to stay away from the road, the percentage of child abductions would be greatly decreased.

What about those parents who think the 'nice old man across the road' is just that, a 'nice old man', not knowing he's a pedophile? The kids could trust the guy, and let him in their house.

Violet_Byatch
What about those parents who think the 'nice old man across the road' is just that, a 'nice old man', not knowing he's a pedophile? The kids could trust the guy, and let him in their house.

Again, if the parents were smart enough to actually WATCH their children there wouldn't be as big of a problem

Makedde
Again, if the parents were smart enough to actually WATCH their children there wouldn't be as big of a problem

No parent can watch their child 24/7.

Violet_Byatch
No parent can watch their child 24/7.

No, but they CAN watch them while they're outside playing

Makedde
No, but they CAN watch them while they're outside playing

If the kids are about 8-9, they shouldn't need watching, so the parents don't, then someone comes up and talks to them.

Violet_Byatch
If the kids are about 8-9, they shouldn't need watching, so the parents don't, then someone comes up and talks to them.

Kids ALWAYS need watching. Regardless of their age.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by GCG

I slo heard on a TV programme last week, that Sexual offenders, should be 'branded' with a tatoo on the neck, or in some place visible so they may be distinguished in public.......something a bit controvertial I must say.

I agree with that 100 percent, that way if me and my mates are out and we see that ''mark'' we can bash them with our baseball bats.

Victor Von Doom
If the kids are about 8-9, they shouldn't need watching

So what exactly do you want here? They shouldn't be watched, but they need to be watched.

What is your proposal?

Originally posted by K.Diddy

I agree with that 100 percent, that way if me and my mates are out and we see that ''mark'' we can bash them with our baseball bats.

Which is exactly the idiotic mentality that means that people aren't told about the whereabouts of offenders.

Lana

You don't have much experience with kids, do you.

Sir Whirlysplat
So what exactly do you want here? They shouldn't be watched, but they need to be watched.

What is your proposal?

Which is exactly the idiotic mentality that means that people aren't told about the whereabouts of offenders.

Cosign this post.

K.Diddy

confused So you feel bad for these kind of sick pieces of shit.

Well, sorry I dont and I will happily stab the **** out of ANY pedophile out there........and I am dead serious no expression

Makedde
Originally posted by Lana
You don't have much experience with kids, do you.

I do, actually. Parents let their kids play outside all the time. They let their young ones walk home from school at 7-8, because the live just down the road. They might tell their children never to talk to strangers. The child could be walking home from school and some stranger approaches them, and tells them that they are a friend of their mothers, and mummy said he could take the kid for an ice cream, or something. Kids are very trusting, especially if they are being tempted by something they like, such as candy.

Parents allow their kids to walk home because they feel safe, they live in a safe neighbourhood, they know everyone, and feel comfortable with their kids walking home from school.

Should parents have to watch their children every second of everyday, just because they can't be sure who they can trust? If they allow their children to walk to school, don't they deserve to know if a convicted sex offender is living nextdoor? Parents deserve to know this, they can keep their kids safe that way.

The law protects the criminal more than it protects the public, and potential victims, that's the problem.

K.Diddy
I do, actually. Parents let their kids play outside all the time. They let their young ones walk home from school at 7-8, because the live just down the road. They might tell their children never to talk to strangers. The child could be walking home from school and some stranger approaches them, and tells them that they are a friend of their mothers, and mummy said he could take the kid for an ice cream, or something. Kids are very trusting, especially if they are being tempted by something they like, such as candy.

Parents allow their kids to walk home because they feel safe, they live in a safe neighbourhood, they know everyone, and feel comfortable with their kids walking home from school.

Should parents have to watch their children every second of everyday, just because they can't be sure who they can trust? If they allow their children to walk to school, don't they deserve to know if a convicted sex offender is living nextdoor? Parents deserve to know this, they can keep their kids safe that way.

The law protects the criminal more than it protects the public, and potential victims, that's the problem.

thumb up

Violet_Byatch

YES! YES! YES! YES!

Parents SHOULD have to watch their children all the time! That's their freaking job!

Children ARE very trusting, very true, but that's all the more reason for the parents to ALWAYS watch their kids.

Do you know what the one things that ALL parents say when their kids are abducted?

"I should've watch him/her more."

Magee
Parents SHOULD have to watch their children all the time! That's their freaking job! Going by you're logic why not just keep children indoors at all times? You can't possibly watch you're child all day every day and the chances of something like this happening are very remote, but it does happen.

"I also heard on a TV programme last week, that Sexual offenders, should be 'branded' with a tattoo on the neck." I personally don't agree with this. If It did happen and I seen someone with this mark, I and many others I should imagine, wouldn't be able to stop them self from kicking the total shit out of him, they are scum and don't deserve to live imo.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by K.Diddy
confused So you feel bad for these kind of sick pieces of shit.

Haha.

Shall we restrict the discussion to non-idiotic points?

Good.

XxILuvVegetaxX
*sighs* So many sick people in this world, they should make the laws more strict I think. If you molest a child or rape somebody I thnk you should get life or death.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
*sighs* So many sick people in this world, they should make the laws more strict I think. If you molest a child or rape somebody I thnk you should get life or death.

then you convict the wrong person no expression

Bardock42
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX

Maybe torture them a little before death.

manjaro
that show was freaking wesome, i just loved the way how they got slammed into the dirt when they tried to run... i was rolling

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Magee

If It did happen and I seen someone with this mark, I and many others I should imagine, wouldn't be able to stop them self from kicking the total shit out of him, they are scum and don't deserve to live imo.

I would do more than kick the shit out of them

Makedde
Parents SHOULD have to watch their children all the time! That's their freaking job!

Great, lets not let the kids go outside and play while mum chats to the neighbour who has popped in for a visit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lets baricade the kids indoors and never let them go outside because heaven forbid you take your eyes off them for one second. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Of course kids need watching, but wait til you have kids, you won't want to watch them all the time. Parents need time away from their kids, it's very hard, and stressful raising a family. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Victor Von Doom

Parents need time away from their kids, it's very hard, and stressful raising a family.

No-one has to do it.

Lana
No-one has to do it.

Very good point.

If you chose to have kids, you have to take up the responsibility to care for them. If you don't like that - don't have children. If you think you need a bit of a break, get someone whom you trust to watch them - don't leave them unattended.

But it is first and foremost the parent's job to watch their children.

Makedde
If you chose to have kids, you have to take up the responsibility to care for them. If you don't like that - don't have children. If you think you need a bit of a break, get someone whom you trust to watch them - don't leave them unattended.

Parents entrust their kids to friends or relatives all the time, and 9 times out of 10, a child is molested by someone they know. So leaving the kid with a friend isn't a good idea, because the kid might get molested.

K.Diddy
Parents entrust their kids to friends or relatives all the time, and 9 times out of 10, a child is molested by someone they know. So leaving the kid with a friend isn't a good idea, because the kid might get molested.

sad I find it sad that these day's a parent cant trust a family relative without the chance of that happening.

Which, Like you said 9 out of 10 times, it is always someone the kid's or parent's trust.

Lana

Did you not realize that the majority of the time when a kid is molested, abused, or murdered, it's by a parent?

Makedde
Did you not realize that the majority of the time when a kid is molested, abused, or murdered, it's by a parent?

Well, then we can't entrust parents to have kids then, they might kill them.

Everyone takes risks, parents take risks with their kids. As I said before, parents can't watch their kids all the time. Not even the best parent in the world could spend 24/7 with their children, they need a break. So who to entrust the child to?

Bardock42
9 times out of 10 it is kids wearing "shoes" that get run over by cars, therefore, don't let your kids wear shoes.

Ushgarak
The important point has been made here by those like Whirly and Lana.

If people were serious about doiung something about child abuse, they would stop launching absurd witchhunts aimed at the miniscule chance of drooling perverts snatching your kid out of school or off the street- which is incredibly rare indeed- and start looking inside families, where it is horriffically common (relatively speaking).

But no-one ever wants to confront that, do they? No, fae too uncomfortable. people want to seperate evil out from humanity, and visualise it in the form of stalking perverts who are fundamentally different, or have people watch for evil from everywhere, every adult you see or meet.

Well, no. The majority of this crime is coming from inside the family situation. Virtually othing is being done about it, whilst tabloids lead these ravoing witchhunts that lead to nothing good all the damn time. it;s very sickening.

Ogami Itto
Surely if u had these sick thoughts in ur mind u'd be too filled with disgust and self hatred/loathing that u could NEVER act on them!! thats what i don't understand! Take them out the back and shoot them theres plenty more in the world to fill their shoes!!!

Violet_Byatch
Great, lets not let the kids go outside and play while mum chats to the neighbour who has popped in for a visit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lets baricade the kids indoors and never let them go outside because heaven forbid you take your eyes off them for one second. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Of course kids need watching, but wait til you have kids, you won't want to watch them all the time. Parents need time away from their kids, it's very hard, and stressful raising a family. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Look lady,

I never said that the children should be barricaded in the house. I said that it's the PARENTS JOB to take care of their CHILDREN.

If a child wants to go outside then there is NO reason that the parent couldn't go outside with them for an hour or so.

If the parents wanna go out for a night, do what my sister does, let the grandparents watch them.

You remind me of this mother I had to talk to last month, her son was kidnapped and she said that she had to run into the store for 5 minutes and left her 8 year old son in the car. she came back and he was gone.

Now that's just stupid, you should NEVER leave your child, AT ANY AGE in the car alone, EVER.

Makedde
If a child wants to go outside then there is NO reason that the parent couldn't go outside with them for an hour or so.

Parents often allow their kids to play outside, by themselves, while they do housework, get tea prepared etc. Occasionally they will go outside and play with their kids, but mostly, they believe their children are safe in a familar neighbourhood.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
Surely if u had these sick thoughts in ur mind u'd be too filled with disgust and self hatred/loathing

Well, I think fantasising and actually doing it in reality are 2 different things,I have some very hardcore fantasy's but a lot of them, I would not act out in reality.

redcaped
Pornography is legal why not protitution? In this case males are the ones to suffer. This world needs more decades to get even. Not all men are fortunate to find the woman. This problem will continue as long as they keep being rude with people in the need of sex. Of course I never support other than the opposite sex.

Victor Von Doom
Ok, let's sort this out once and for all.

Originally posted by redcaped
Pornography is legal why not protitution? In this case males are the ones to suffer.

First sentence has a fair enough point, arguably. Second sentence is a slight diversion, but I can see the train of thought.

This world needs more decades to get even.

Again, the train of thought is kind of visible, if not about to veer off the tracks.

Not all men are fortunate to find the woman.

I imagine this is saying men need prostitutes if they can't find a partner. Terrible phrasing.

This problem will continue as long as they keep being rude with people in the need of sex.

Here's where you going f***ing mental. Could you possibly let the rest of us in on what you mean? I imagine that was the intent, since you posted it to us.

Of course I never support other than the opposite sex.

What? Why?

How?

...what?

redcaped
"Oh, never mind. I got my girl. I'm ok, so I don't care about others".

GCG
Ok, let's sort this out once and for all.

Good luck !

DanteMayCry
man i watched it and laugh my ass off when a big muscular guy cried like a little girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.