Darkseid Vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
Darkseid no jobberdome the same one who controlled millions of daxamies with just his mind, moved the planet of the daxemite to the yellow sun in the furst place, temporarily locked orion out of the dimension, turned a daximite to dust, brought a dead army back to comic book life, handed cyberg supes butt to him after going back to full power, servived a blast that could level a solar system while the others around him were not so fortunate, stalemates thanos, killed a few thousand green lanterns with help of course but none the less he did plan it.

Vs

Silver Surfer

no jobbersied bull and to make you all happy the Omega affect will not erase Silver Surfer in this battle since when he becamse the keeper he was in a way chosen by one of the universes representatives to be important to it blah blah blah NO OMEGA EFFECT just hand to hand power to power who wins?

Mider
bump

Mider
i guess no one wants to "go there" with the silver surer can win because he can blah blah blah crap

golem370
Silver has more working for him I believe Silver Surfer wins 9/10 times he is faster has more powers and he is just cooler.

The Ion
Darkseid

Even without the ALE, he'd cream Surfer.

Wally West
Written like he should be, Darkseid would beat him like 8/10 at least.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/darkseid.jpg

leonidas
you're talking pre-c style darkseid who was arguably at galactus level.

he creams ss.

Avalonofthewind
Darkseid 9/10
SS could always get lucky accounting for that 1 win.

golem370
When Darkseid does this then you can talk to me about what he can do against Silver Surfer.

golem370
and

golem370
also

Draco69
*yawn*

sleepy

The Ion
What are those pics suppose to show? That Kyle willingly gave Surfer a boost?

Private Pion
Silver Surfer: Halt evil-*Is cut off as Darkseid teleports behind him, grabs both sides of his head and tears it off.*
Darkseid: *Yawns, looks around. Goes to get some pizza.*

Honestly. Darkseid has not been beaten without being hit with his own Omega Effect, which weakens him considerably. He's simply unstoppable without that weakening effect.

Tron
If you wanna get technical, Silver Surfer only has a fraction of Galactus' power. And Darkseid (as written by Kirby), is just as powerful as Galactus. Get the hint?wink

Seriously, Surfer's good, but he stands no chance against Darkseid written at his best.

slade10
Going by actual feats, surfer should destroy him.

post-crisis darkseid constantly has trouble with superman level heros. And his best feats (resurrecting a few hundred soldiers, etc) just aren't very impressive by cosmic standards.

Private Pion
Originally posted by slade10
Going by actual feats, surfer should destroy him.

post-crisis darkseid constantly has trouble with superman level heros. And his best feats (resurrecting a few hundred soldiers, etc) just aren't very impressive by cosmic standards.

No, he really doesn't have trouble with them. He's only have troubled when weakened by his own beams, and then he still put up a fight. Weakened Darkseid fought Superman non-stop for a whole day before losing.

slade10
Originally posted by Private Pion
No, he really doesn't have trouble with them. He's only have troubled when weakened by his own beams, and then he still put up a fight. Weakened Darkseid fought Superman non-stop for a whole day before losing.

He's gotten beat up by orion, various green lanterns, superman... He often wins at the end of the day, but these are guys he should crush instantly if he's as powerful as people say he is.

Moreover, he has virtually zero impressive feats on a cosmic scale. Is it clear he can destroy a planet? Doubtful. There have been numerous instances where it would have been quite useful to have that sort of power, but he always has to resort to invasions with para-demons. On a cosmic scale, his powers just don't add up to much.

Private Pion
He's gotten beat up by orion, various green lanterns, superman... He often wins at the end of the day, but these are guys he should crush instantly if he's as powerful as people say he is.

Moreover, he has virtually zero impressive feats on a cosmic scale. Is it clear he can destroy a planet? Doubtful. There have been numerous instances where it would have been quite useful to have that sort of power, but he always has to resort to invasions with para-demons. On a cosmic scale, his powers just don't add up to much.

Orion is a good one, since by all means he should be far higher than he is often shown, but Green Lanterns? Poor, poor writing. Superman? Not without assitance or Darkseid being weakened.

Also, for the cosmic side of things-Darkseid is Evil. Not evil, but Evil. He is the embodiment of it. If he is removed from his time-space, the universe begins to collapse. If that isn't cosmic, I don't know what is.

slade10
Originally posted by Private Pion
Orion is a good one, since by all means he should be far higher than he is often shown, but Green Lanterns? Poor, poor writing. Superman? Not without assitance or Darkseid being weakened.

Also, for the cosmic side of things-Darkseid is Evil. Not evil, but Evil. He is the embodiment of it. If he is removed from his time-space, the universe begins to collapse. If that isn't cosmic, I don't know what is.

Someone posted a scan indicating that time would fold back on itself without darkseid. This proves his importance, not his power.

You could have a normal cupcake be vital to the universe. Many comics have had similarly absurd storylines. That doesn't make the cupcake a cosmic power. It makes the cupake a cupcake of cosmic importance.

Seems to me that darkseid really doesn't have any high-end feats along the lines of surfer.

The Ion
http://www.comicboards.com/newgods/view.php?trd=040620012237

Plenty of feats there.

Black Adam
I go with Darkseid for the win.

Private Pion
Darkseid. God among Gods.

Surfer. God among men.

Darkseid>Surfer.

slade10
Originally posted by The Ion
http://www.comicboards.com/newgods/view.php?trd=040620012237

Plenty of feats there.

I'd really not go through ANOTHER feat thread. Point to a few that you think are most impressive. Beating kalibak, failing to harm superman with a blast of the omega effect -- it's hard to believe these are on a RESPECT thread.

I simply haven't seen anything to suggest that darkseid is a cosmic threat. He schemes and schemes to destroy a single planet, and fails 50% of the time because superman, orion, or some other sub-herald opponent comes in and thwarts him.

The Ion
I'd really not go through ANOTHER feat thread. Point to a few that you think are most impressive.

I simply haven't seen anything to suggest that darkseid is a cosmic threat. He schemes and schemes to destroy a single planet, and fails 50% of the time because superman, orion, or some other sub-herald opponent comes in and thwarts him.

Search for these. I don't think the server allows hotlinking.

In Super Powers vol.2 #6, Darkseid, with a wave of his hand, projected his power through a hologram of himself, and effortlessly defeated Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and multiple other heroes --- Jack Kirby himself collaborated on this scene

It was strongly implied and basically outright stated in a roundabout way in New Gods#15 that all pre-JKFW Darkseid losses were avatars, and that the "true" Darkseid likely can't lose on the physical plane

Darkseid's Omega Beams have also hurt The Spectre, who was staggered by them, before being forced to counter (slowly) with his own energy

From The Great Darkness Saga, Darkseid is unfazed by Mon-El's attack and proceeds to KO him and put him into a coma with a single blast:

Likewise, Darkseid effortlessly defeated The Legion of Superheroes, and appeared to display low level reality manpulation in the process:

After Darkseid absrbed the power of so many Pantheons he killed across the universe, even Odin seemed wary of his power, stating to The Asgardian Pantheon that it was beyond their ability to reckon

slade10
Originally posted by The Ion
Search for these. I don't think the server allows hotlinking.

In Super Powers vol.2 #6, Darkseid, with a wave of his hand, projected his power through a hologram of himself, and effortlessly defeated Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and multiple other heroes --- Jack Kirby himself collaborated on this scene

It was strongly implied and basically outright stated in a roundabout way in New Gods#15 that all pre-JKFW Darkseid losses were avatars, and that the "true" Darkseid likely can't lose on the physical plane

Darkseid's Omega Beams have also hurt The Spectre, who was staggered by them, before being forced to counter (slowly) with his own energy

From The Great Darkness Saga, Darkseid is unfazed by Mon-El's attack and proceeds to KO him and put him into a coma with a single blast:

Likewise, Darkseid effortlessly defeated The Legion of Superheroes, and appeared to display low level reality manpulation in the process:

After Darkseid absrbed the power of so many Pantheons he killed across the universe, even Odin seemed wary of his power, stating to The Asgardian Pantheon that it was beyond their ability to reckon

THe first one you mention is very impressive. Anyone who can beat that group so easily could definitely defeat the surfer. It's hard to read what's going on there, however, as the pictures are so small. And it seems inconsistent with the comics I've read, where darkseid often ahs trouble with a single JLA-level hero, much less the entire team.

The others are not as impressive because they're par for the course. Hurting spectre would be uber, except black adam and others have done the same. And talk of how powerful some character is doesn't really say much -- virtually EVERY character is given laudatory words in comics at various points. It's more rare for characters to actuallY DO THINGS that inspire such respect.

The other problem with those feats it he pictures are very small, so I can't actually read anything. sad

The Ion
The thing is this thread is talking about Pre-Crisis DS, the guy who never lost a fight against anyone. You're talking about the Post Crisis DS who has trouble with Superman. That's the difference here.

BTW, BA never hurt Spectre. Don't let his head getting screwed up fool you. Spectre was unfazed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.