New dvd/cd drive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Of Evil
I have brought a new DVD/CD drive with all capabilities rw and r all that stuff. I have connected it with that big wire and the power wire inside. I turned on the computer but then when I looked for it in my computer it wasn't there.

I installed the Nero CD that came with it but that was just a burning management program. I don't understand why it isn't working properly because as far as I know everything is connected properly.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

KENobi™
Do you still have your old drive installed?

Just make sure you have the drives set properly for Master and slave.

Time Of Evil
Ok here is what I have done it has worked. I had the old drive set to master and the new one slave but then when i siwtched them around and made the new master and the old one slave it worked.

I'm just wondering why that is. Is it because the new one has more capabilities than the old one which is just cd reader?

KENobi™
Not really sure, but that's what happened when I installed my new DVD/CD drive. I had to set the older one to slace as well.

Time Of Evil

KENobi™
I honestly have no idea.

TheOnes2
Nvidia Geforce 5600

Time Of Evil
Originally posted by TheOnes2
Nvidia Geforce 5600

Yeah if that one is yours its very old.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.