Metroid Prime 3!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

swedish_bum
OK... What do you peaople think MP3 is going to handle about??

and what do you think should bee in it??

I want it to bee people that you can talk to, that you can take the ship and go to other planets and make different missions i think that would be awesome................ http://media.www.gamestats.com/media/748/748547/vids_1.html

http://www.soneraplaza.fi/GetImages/GetImages_GetImage_jpg/0,2600,63624,00.jpg
http://www.ngcfrance.com/images/news/revolution/mp3_002.jpg
http://www.nofrag.com/images/000a0d.jpg

BackFire
Yeah, I'll almost definately be buying a Revolution, the only system I'm semi-sure about. And I'll definately buy Metroid Prime 3 for it.

swedish_bum
Yeah me to big grin the Revolution sems so cool

BackFire
I'm a little skeptical about the controller, I'm hoping they won't make it an annoyance if I want to play games the traditional way.

MadMel
they have an wavebird controller plug in for the remote control system, just slot the remote in and play normally.

Ast
That was just a mockup by IGN. Nintendo says it will have an controller attachment, but it wont look like a GC controller. stick out tongue

JToTheP
I don't really care, Samus is back that is all that matters!

Plus we can download Super Metroid with Revolution. Nintendo wins/10.

swedish_bum
Yup

Samus will rule and i will download all of her previous games!!!

IcePunk
Originally posted by swedish_bum
Yup

Samus will rule and i will download all of her previous games!!!
But I've pictures where you notice that games cost "stars" and I think those stars cost money, but I hope they'll be dirt cheap big grin

swedish_bum
ehhh... wtf

Scarecrow756
Wow looks cool, I loved MP1 and MP2E and can`t wait for this to come out.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by IcePunk
But I've pictures where you notice that games cost "stars" and I think those stars cost money, but I hope they'll be dirt cheap big grin

that was a mock up of the nintendo's virtual download or whatever system and is likely to change espiically as they only used it to conduct research. Anyway te reasons why there are stars is that i heard nintendo will have atleast 2 ways of downloading one is subscription and to download the games you have to earn strs i don't know how the stars come into it though but i don't agree with this. i just think the stras represent how good the game is and that the number of stras depend on the price

swedish_bum
OK!

Tex
I love my MP, all winter spent indoors playing each one over the holidays, its heaven.

From what I hear they're not focusing so much on the graphics but rather game play dynamics, its being built around the new controller. drool

swedish_bum
SWEEEEET!

Lana
That looks awesome.

*waits for the Revolution*

swedish_bum
any way, what do you people think should be in the game/story???

*waits to hear a answer* smile

Tekno Boy
Well, I think that Samus should start of with basic equipment *temperature rises* and not lose in all at the beginning of the game like she always does. mad

*Breathes deeply and cools down* Sorry about that, but it's just so annoying. I mean, Link doesn't start of with every thing and then loses it all straight away. If Samus was meant to start of with very little fire power, then don't tease us about it.

MadMel
lol

Tekno Boy
I was actually serious

Morridini
I'll definitely get Revolution and MP3. However I really hope they can leave Dark Samus now, I am sick of her/it.

swedish_bum
Yeah she should bee dead now... I hope they have Kraid in this game that would bee cool.. And some real Chozo's... big grin

Scorpion_Master
Bump!

Any one have some news about MP3? i haven't heard much so can some one pleas give me a link or some good info about the game..

IcePunk
There's been new vids since the last E3 no expression

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/metroidprime3/media.html

Darth Jello
Is it bad to say that i'm hoping for more 2D metroid? Super Metroid and Zero Mission are my faves.

IcePunk
I miss 2D too sad

Scorpion_Master
Yeah they should do a new 2D metroid But to the DS it would be nice

IcePunk
**** yeah!

General Kaliero
It wold be a dream come true to see Nintendo do Metroid like they did New Super Mario Bros. With the 2D gameplay, but poly-models instead of sprites for Samus and the enemies. Such a Metroid would rock.

IcePunk
But I want hi-tech sprites baby

General Kaliero
Okay, I recently came upon some new info that really adds quite a bit to what we know about MP3.

First and foremost, IGN has a 17 minute HD video of the entire E3 demo, as well as dozens of pics added from said footage.

In this demo, we see the usage of the grapple beam in a more offensive direction, including pulling shields from Space Pirate hands so that they can be shot. There also seems to be a nice focus on story, with actual dialogue and character interaction, complete wih limited voice acting (the Galactic Federation soldier and new Bounty Hunter Rundus, not Samus). The trailer also shows the true potential of the Wii graphics technology, as the game does not look too different from Xbox360 gameplay.

Even more interesting is here: GameInformer's MP3 videos

The first video there is the demo's idle movie, which reveals a great deal of gameplay and story surprises, including a battle with Ridley in Morph Ball mode, new enemies, a "golem" that samus can apparently control by Morph Balling into its chest, and an encounter with Prime/Dark Samus.

Other things known:

This time around, beam upgrades will "stack" a la Super Metroid, meaning MP3 won't focus so much on using a certain beam in a certain situation.

The X-Ray visor from Echoes makes a return, though it will be far more useful this time around: One of Samus' Beam upgrades can fire through walls.

A new visor is labelled the Command Visor. Samus can use it to direct her ship remotely, and it will be able to do things such as fire on targets, remove barricades, and serve as a platform for access to higher areas.

Samus, as well as the other Hunters, are corrupted by Phazon thanks to Dark Samus. This allows Samus to enter a "Hyper Mode" in which she becomes more powerful, but stands the chance of dying from it. It will apparently be governed by a corruption meter that decreases by using the superpowered abilities: if the meter empties, Samus will go out of Hyper Mode, if it fills completely, Samus will succumb to the corruption and die instantly.

MadMel
all good news...me likey very much!!!

and a challenge with the hyper mode thing....hmm..

Utaro
Im getting this game on launch day and also the Wii on launch.

MadMel
good to hear...i dont think ill be getting either on launch day...maybe wii a few days after launch and metroid..hmm..dunno when ill get it...but its definatly on my list..my gamecube lacks shooters...

crazy_shadow
if it's like the first, i'll try to think about it. if it's like the 2nd, hell no...

SaTsuJiN
it would be neat if some of the rival hunters from "prime : hunters" made a debut

MadMel
hmm, that would be nice

General Kaliero
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
it would be neat if some of the rival hunters from "prime : hunters" made a debut

Rundus, who helps Samus in the demo, is a Vhozon, like Noxus. He's a lighter blue than Noxus, and looks a bit bulkier, but the Vhozon can no be considered a canon Metroid race.

Also, it looks in the short demo movie that there could be another Hunter of the same species as Spire.

MadMel
hmm...it'd be alright if some of the 'hunters' characters were there, they were pretty entertaining..

Symbiote Spider
This game looks brilliant!! I would also like to see the other "hunters" in the game but I think there should be parts where you teamwork with one hunter to take out another or maybe 2

Scorpion_Master
WOW sweet news!! This is just getting better and better!!

C-A-N-T WAIT!! eek! eek!

ninja

MadMel
who can...

Scorpion_Master
you? stick out tongue

MadMel
WHO TOLD YO---er..of coarse i am.....whistling

Scorpion_Master
Byw, Check out my Metroid video i made big grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UDgpRQhpbY

MadMel
nice!! big grin

Phazon
yes it is... and now i must Make you suffer!

MadMel
OMG...!!! *so scared**cough*BS*cough*

Phazon
Hahaha *laughs out loud* *makes MadMel Suffer*

MadMel
*escapes*....*builds doomsday device to kill phazon with*..

MadMel
BUMP!!!!

InnerRise
Not a big Metroid Fan and have never played the Gamecube games. But for the heck of it and all the buzz that this game has accumulated and just for the fact that it's on the Nintendo Wii, I just may get it to humour its supposed greatness.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

General Kaliero
Inner, considering how plot-driven the Prime trilogy is, Corruption would be much better after playing Prime and Echoes.

Of course, Corruption is a long way away, so you have ample time to finish current games and decide if you want to play the Primes. big grin

Ushgarak
Actually, seeing as I have to wait until the end of time for anything to come out in the UK, I thought I might buy up the first two Prime games to keep my Wii warm in the meanwhile.

InnerRise
When the Metroid Games were more recent, I'd walk by them and ponder if I should try them but I figured I wouldn't like that kind of gameplay. I just purchased the Metroid game for the DS some months ago though just for the online aspect of it all and I actually didn't mind the main gameplay. SO I guess being that the price more than likely has dropped by now I'll probably pick up the 2 previous ones then.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

General Kaliero
Good to hear. Metroid Prime is high on my list of best GC games, Echoes a bit lower.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by InnerRise
When the Metroid Games were more recent, I'd walk by them and ponder if I should try them but I figured I wouldn't like that kind of gameplay. I just purchased the Metroid game for the DS some months ago though just for the online aspect of it all and I actually didn't mind the main gameplay. SO I guess being that the price more than likely has dropped by now I'll probably pick up the 2 previous ones then.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

You never played the First Metroid Prime?????????? confused

It was the best game of last generation, on all 3 consoles.

Go out and pick Prime up immediately, by immediately I mean you should already be at the store buying it.

MadMel
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Actually, seeing as I have to wait until the end of time for anything to come out in the UK, I thought I might buy up the first two Prime games to keep my Wii warm in the meanwhile.
you think youve got it bad??
sure, the wii came out last for you there, but UK is getting all the games at least a month or two before us sad

MadMel
i thought of getting it..but something held me back

ESB -1138
August 20!! It comes out August 20 here in the US!!

Morridini
Hmm, might we be so lucky to get it before Christmas I wonder? Four months should in theory be enough time to get it to Europe, lets hope so.

ESB -1138
Japan doesn't even have a release date for the game.

Xenogears
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Japan doesn't even have a release date for the game. http://digilander.libero.it/betaonline/wallpaper/bird.jpg

ESB -1138
...no comment

ESB -1138
Originally posted by MadMel
you think youve got it bad??
sure, the wii came out last for you there, but UK is getting all the games at least a month or two before us sad

Don't worry. I'll let you know how Metroid Prime 3 is. stick out tongue

((The_Anomaly))
Metroid is dated for August 30th in NA right now.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Metroid is dated for August 30th in NA right now.

You're 10 days behind. NoA's official Summer/Fall release chart:

((The_Anomaly))
Oh they changed it apparently. It was the 30th. Whatever, End of August for NA, thanks for the correction though. 10 days earlier is fine with me lol.

MadMel
Don't worry. I'll let you know how Metroid Prime 3 is. stick out tongue
dont rub it in sad

ESB -1138
dont rub it in sad

Then you better not get on KMC for August 10th to whenever it comes out to Aust. because that's what I'm going to talk about. big grin big grin Just kidding. I won't spoil the game for you unless you spoiled a game for me first.

MadMel
hmm no expression
maybe

ESB -1138
Oh man the game comes out August 20th!! About 2 months away! I can't handle the pressure! 2 MONTHS AWAY!! Do you know what that's like mel!? I guess you don't. stick out tongue stick out tongue

MadMel
shut up bawling

ESB -1138
shut up bawling

Sorry. It's just so much fun.

xr-4xDZo7LU

General Kaliero
ESB, there's such a thing as going too far, even as a joke. C'mon, leave MadMel alone, would ya?

MadMel
laughing out loud
yea!
anyways..looking at some vids now

Superboy Prime
The coolness factor of this animation is off the charts:

8ahzt8DnR28

ESB -1138
Cool movie. Ending sucked.

Superboy Prime
Yeah...but were they going to grope each other!?

OMG

Ahem. Would've been cooler if it was John and he pulled a classic one liner such as: "You want a Spartan inside of you, baby?"

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Xenogears
http://digilander.libero.it/betaonline/wallpaper/bird.jpg Hey it's emo emu Ashtar!

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Yeah...but were they going to grope each other!?

OMG

Ahem. Would've been cooler if it was John and he pulled a classic one liner such as: "You want a Spartan inside of you, baby?"

I was referring to the entire ending with the body armor bomb. LAME!!

Violent2Dope
John? Dude that was a woman that wasn't MC.

Xenogears
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Hey it's emo emu Ashtar! I know!

ESB -1138
John? Dude that was a woman that wasn't MC.

He said: Ahem. Would've been cooler if it was John and he pulled a classic one liner such as: "You want a Spartan inside of you, baby?"

if it was are the keywords here.

Violent2Dope
He said: Ahem. Would've been cooler if it was John and he pulled a classic one liner such as: "You want a Spartan inside of you, baby?"

if it was are the keywords here. I love you with the light intensity of a thousand suns.

ESB -1138
I love you with the light intensity of a thousand suns.

http://aura.zaadz.com/photos/7/67621/large/Fat_monkey.jpg

Violent2Dope
http://aura.zaadz.com/photos/7/67621/large/Fat_monkey.jpg laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing eek! Happy Dance HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Are you callin me fat?

Swe_Bum
LOL!!!

General Kaliero
Please don't derail the thread. Especially with the game in question less than two months away.

ESB -1138
But you can't keep a crazy train on the rails.

eV23AytI0UI

InnerRise
I've been looking for the Previous Metroid Games in stores and they just don't have them, so I may just play this new one without any previous knowledge of the first 2.

ESB -1138
I doubt you will need knowledge of the last two in order to enjoy the this one. That would really limit the number of gamers.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by InnerRise
I've been looking for the Previous Metroid Games in stores and they just don't have them, so I may just play this new one without any previous knowledge of the first 2.

I'd definitely recommend playing the first two before Corruption. At the very least, read about them so you understand about the Pirate, Phazon, and Dark Samus. Beleive me, it will definitely enhance your enjoyment of Corruption.

MadMel
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Please don't derail the thread. Especially with the game in question less than two months away.
2 months for you!
schmoll

General Kaliero
Well sorry. Not much I can do about the fact I'm American.

MadMel
laughing out loud nvm

General Kaliero
Some new scans have appeared on the internet. A couple images are well worth a good look.

Looks like Dark Samus' new form.

A few new areas, and one of Samus' new suits revealed.

Xenogears
It's Nintendo Fanboy Madness!

BlaxicanHydra
yeah, even the PS3 fanboys have nothing to cheer about. The system sucks that badly.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
yeah, even the PS3 fanboys have nothing to cheer about. The system sucks that badly.

They have Devil May Cry 4...oh wait no they don't. 360 has Halo 3, Wii has Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and Super Smash Bros Brawl.

What does the PS3 have? Nothing. Heck Final Fantasy XIII may not be a PS3 exclusive anymore according to Game Informer.

Any who onto Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I am so looking forward to this game's release. About two months away now. This game will be one of the greatest games of '07 along with Mario, Halo, NiGHTS, and SSBB.

Violent2Dope
This is off topic but I just want to say RIP Chris Benoit.

Swe_Bum
Some new scans have appeared on the internet. A couple images are well worth a good look.

Looks like Dark Samus' new form.

A few new areas, and one of Samus' new suits revealed. Omg!! it looks so cool!!1!!1111!!!! eek! laughing

MadMel
mmmmm...tentically

ESB -1138
I want to fight Dark Samus again.

Violent2Dope
I wanna f*ck both Samus' again. big grin

MadMel
shes mine,***** laughing out loud
you wont take her from me *pulls out hyper beam*

ESB -1138
shes mine,***** laughing out loud
you wont take her from me *pulls out hyper beam*

We went over this before Mel, you can have her ONLY when I'm bored with her.

Violent2Dope
I've got Samus, Tifa, and Kasumi with me right now. And you can have them never.mad

ESB -1138
I've got Samus, Tifa, and Kasumi with me right now. And you can have them never.mad

Nope, you just have Ganondorf.

Xenogears
Can someone explain to me what's going on? 31dance

Violent2Dope
Noooo Kasumi, Samus, and Tifa are my love b*tches, where as I am Ganon's love b*tch!

Xenogears
I'm going to have a four sum with Kasumi, Samus, and Tifa now.

General Kaliero
This is getting off-topic, not to mention idiotic...

Xenogears
God I love Kasumi Samus and Tifa...

General Kaliero
Nintendo has revealed the final official cover for Metroid Prime 3.

Corruption Cover Art

At first it seems a bit bland, but if you look at Samus' visible eye, there appear to be blue veins and an ill shadow under her eye. Perhaps a sign of the Phazon corruption? Also notice how reflective her armor is, particularly on her waist and hip, where you can see realistically warped reflections of her arm cannon. The dark "mirror image" behind her seems to be oozing off of her like oil, as well.

ESB -1138
I like the cover. It makes me want the game even more.

MadMel
awesome cover art big grin

Swe_Bum
Nice Cover big grin

JToTheP
Not too bad! big grin

Violent2Dope
Cover looks wicked, glad I bought a Wii.big grin

ESB -1138
My Wii has been going unloved but Aug. 20th that all changes.

Xenogears
Ha 31jockey

ESB -1138
Metroid Prime 3 is a sequel to Metroid Prime 2

Xenogears
I would have never guessed 31dance

ESB -1138
Yeah I was shocked to learn that too.

Violent2Dope
HOLY SHIT! METROID PRIME 3 IS A SEQUEL TO NUMBER 2!?

ESB -1138
Yeah I was surprised too.

Violent2Dope
Dude this is like a revelation...

Xenogears
He who smelt it dealt it!

General Kaliero
Nintendo's press page indicates that Metroid Prime 3 will be delayed a week. The game will now launch on August 27th.

Violent2Dope
Nintendo's press page indicates that Metroid Prime 3 will be delayed a week. The game will now launch on August 27th. pissed

Ridley_Prime
Nintendo's press page indicates that Metroid Prime 3 will be delayed a week. The game will now launch on August 27th.
Meh. Can't say I didn't see this coming. It's like Nintendo to do that with Metroid titles...

General Kaliero
To be honest, it's like Nintendo to do that with most of their titles, period. They probably wanted an extra week of marketing, as if the 17-minute demo hasn't hyped the game enough already.

Ridley_Prime
OMG Yays! Brand new MP3:C trailer from this year's E3!

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748547/vids_1.html

New screen-shots as well...

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748547/imgs_1.html

----

The Space Pirates look more awesome than ever (at least up close), as does the Phazon Beam (Hyper Mode).

General Kaliero
I'm loving the new Pirates. Awesome that they have breakaway armor now.

Music in the trailer is great as well.

Ridley_Prime
I'm loving the new Pirates. Awesome that they have breakaway armor now.
Heh. Yeah, and I'm glad not all of 'em have those round-shaped heads (as I prefer the look of the Pirates from the previous 2 MP games)...

Music in the trailer is great as well.
Indeed so, and there seems to be more where that came from, as there's now 3 more trailers (all new)...

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748547/vids_1.html

Morridini
Aww this looks so great, finally we get to see some more to civilization other then Pirates. And seems like Dark Samus will play a role in this game aswell (what was the 100% ending like in Echoes again?).

General Kaliero
And now I'll just type my thoughts here while watching the four new vids.

Is anyone else amazed by how very beautiful this game is? Damn, it looks incredible.
Oh cool, Samus' computer is going to have a voice throughout the game? Nice.
Good to see Chozo influences are back. I missed those on Aether.
Oh cool. Blasting open doors while speeding along the rail? Kickass.

Very nice cinematic touch with the life support going offline. I approve.
Ehehehe... Dark Samus is back!
WHOA! Seeing Samus without the suit, and it's not the end of the game? I'm a bit annoyed it's young!Samus, but at least it looks like they tried to make her less of a bimbo.
Oh my lord. This introduction, with turning the ship around like that, and punching in the code to transmit your ID, and messing with the ship controls... I'm salivating.

The idle screen music is great. And the title presentation is awesome as well.
Doom ray satellite!

Some more ship havoc on a building, and what looks like a local riding a beast. Nice.

All in all... wow. I cannot wait for August 27th. I want this game... eek!

Morridini: Echoes' 100% ending just showed Dark Samus reforming in Aether's orbit.

Morridini
Ah right, not as cool as MP ending, simply blue dots gathering into Dark Samus.

Anyone wondered how Samus can afford changing her ship?

General Kaliero
This does mark her third ship in three games...

Maybe the others have been spares?

Actually, it's a bit strange for her to be changing her gunship now, since this is supposed to end the Prime arc, and the ship she has later in RoS and SM (and the prologue of Fusion) was in Echoes.

Maybe this one is a more military-minded gunship, and the others are more intended for exploration? Like, it has stronger weapons and defenses, since she knows she's coming into pretty much an interplanetary war?

Morridini
Hmm, maybe at the Galactic Federation fleet has a garage for Samus Aran and other bounty hunters where they can change between ships for different missions....or something....

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Morridini
Hmm, maybe at the Galactic Federation fleet has a garage for Samus Aran and other bounty hunters where they can change between ships for different missions....or something....
Hmm. Yeah, like that blue/purple ship from Metroid Fusion (GBA)...

General Kaliero
Well, that one was issued to her by GalFed. And since that's currently the last of the series, there's not much of a time conflict there.

Morridini
Hmm I just thought of something, have we seen any scanning of lifeforms or artifacts yet? It was such a big deal from Prime and Echoes that I would like to see more to.

General Kaliero
Yes, scanning is just as important as before. Plus, now, the Scan Visor reflects Samus' eyes.

Morridini
Ah nice, rumours/news or actual screenshots or videos showing it?

Swe_Bum
The E3 video.. its awesome

SaTsuJiN
http://the-magicbox.com/0707/game070714e.shtml
a batch of MP3 screens

((The_Anomaly))
I just have to go on record that the E3 Video's from IGN are pure pwnage. Metroid is going to rock the house. Graphically, it looks great, the controls look near perfect, its smooth, its just amazing in all ways. All fears should be put aside, this is going to be one hell of a game. I should also point out that IGN has gone on record and said that Prime 3 sports the best ever FPS controls on a console.

General Kaliero
Playing Metroid Prime today, the graphical differences are really very noticeable. Corruption is incredibly beautiful, and I keep envisioning what the shootouts I'm doing now will be like with motion control.

I just cannot wait until release. If you guys hear about how some supply truck from Nintendo was broken into while on the road... that will be me. stick out tongue

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>