Ultimate Colossus vs Ultimate Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soujaboy09
who takes this battle?

They both have tossed Ultimate Thor, and Ironman around what about eachother?

snoopdogg
Well Hulk has took out most of the Ultimates by himself. But Colossus can claim that also.

Tough match. 50/50 I think.

The Ion
Hulk

Their feats are somewhat even so this becomes a stat war.

snoopdogg
All Colossus has to do is kick him in the nuts like Cap did.

And Colossus can kick alot harder than Cap so that and he has the strength to follow up that attack unlike Cap.

Private Pion
So, is Ultimate Hulk a lot weaker or is Ultimate Colossus a lot stronger? :/

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Private Pion
So, is Ultimate Hulk a lot weaker or is Ultimate Colossus a lot stronger? :/ Well Ult. Hulk is supposed to be weaker than 616 Hulk and Colossus IS way stronger than 616 Colossus.

Private Pion
What a combo. I've really got to catch up with my Ultimate.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by soujaboy09
who takes this battle?

They both have tossed Ultimate Thor, and Ironman around what about eachother?

Collossus tossed Thor?

Well, Ult Col does swing that way.... laughing

snoopdogg
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Collossus tossed Thor?

Well, Ult Col does swing that way.... laughing Ult. Colossus is one of the top dogs in the Ult. universe.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossuandThor2.jpg

soujaboy09

Lucid Lui
I dunno who'd win. Hopefully we see it someday...

Draco69
Ult. Hulk is weaker than 616 Hulk. Cap held his own against Ult. Hulk AND having school bus thrown at Ult. Hulk actually knocked his teeth out....

soujaboy09
In this battle Colossus has the superior fighting skills, and there strength is about the same since they both have yet to show limits in the Ultimate Universe.

Ultimate Colossus keeps his intellegents while Hulk loses his, but Hulk is faster although Colossus isn't slow.

I think Colossus is more durable since Wolverine can pierce Hulk with his claws, but not Colossus. Hulks ribs were also broken by Thors hammer, while Colossus has yet to be harmed in the Ultimate Universe.

I think this is a good battle that would last a long time I see it 50/50

DarkCrawler
Havok harmed Ultimate Colossus.

Draco69
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

And KOed Iron Man too. The guy can take a nuke but a blast from Havok knocks him out...me confused.

Black Adam

he did? how powerful and big of an attack was it?

Just trying to see if they have powered up Ultimate Havok or if he is still around the same power levels as his 616 counterpart.

soujaboy09
Ultimate Colossus was ko'd by Havok, but harmed no. Just like the nuke, to this point not one person has harmed Ultimate Colossus.

outarddwarf
ultimate juggernaut waisted ultimate colossus in the 2nd x-men.

Black Adam
Ultimate Colossus was ko'd by Havok, but harmed no. Just like the nuke, to this point not one person has harmed Ultimate Colossus.

ko someone counts as harming. Otherwise he wouldn't have been knocked out in the first place.

DarkCrawler

KO'ing someone isn't harming them?

I think the lava they dropped at him at Weapon X harmed him. And he felt pain when Cyclops shot him in the head with optic blast.

soujaboy09
So as I said no one has harmed him, yea the he felt pain from the lava, but he was never in danger. The nuke knocked him out yes, but did it hurt him, did he feel pain? no. Wolverine tried to cut Colossus he felt it probably, but did it harm him no.

When I say Colossus hasn't been harmed I'm talking about knocked out teeth, broken ribs, blood, mortal danger, things of that matter. The adamantium claws that pierce Hulks skin, and could have killed Thing resulted in sparks when they touched Colossus armor.

Does anyone have a scan of when cyclops shot Colossus in the head with the optic blast?

DarkCrawler
It bounced off. But he felt the pain. He said "OW!"

outarddwarf
I thought knock out sort of happend when the body was overloaded with pain and shuts the mind off to avoid it. Wouldn't that be harm?

snoopdogg

Does anyone have a scan of when cyclops shot Colossus in the head with the optic blast? Here it is.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/UltimateColossusandCyclops.jpg

And I wanted to point out on the Havok ordeal. He ripped Ironman and Blackwidows suits to sh!t with one of his blasts before he knocked out Colossus.

So I think Ult. Havok is alot more powerful than 616 Havok.

soujaboy09
I didn't see the pain did you?

If you could get a scan of the Havok blast with Colossus, and Iron man, and Black widow it would be appreciated.

If Ironman has a 6 in durability, and was torn apart by Havoks blast, but Colossus when he recieved the blast was only ko'd doesn't that mean Colossus durability should be ranked higher than Ironmans?

snoopdogg

If you could get a scan of the Havok blast with Colossus, and Iron man, and Black widow it would be appreciated.

Black Adam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Here it is.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/UltimateColossusandCyclops.jpg

And I wanted to point out on the Havok ordeal. He ripped Ironman and Blackwidows suits to sh!t with one of his blasts before he knocked out Colossus.

So I think Ult. Havok is alot more powerful than 616 Havok.

Or it could just mean Ultimate Ironmans armor is just weaker to offensive attacks.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Black Adam
Or it could just mean Ultimate Ironmans armor is just weaker to offensive attacks. There is no proof of that.

It was built so survive the surface of the Moon and the Mariana trench.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossuslifingSub3.jpg

soujaboy09
Nice pics

Sorry to trouble you Snoop, but do you have a scan of when Havok blasted Ultimate Colossus?

Warmonger
Uhm did Ult Juggernaut take out Colossus?

snoopdogg
Nice pics

Sorry to trouble you Snoop, but do you have a scan of when Havok blasted Ultimate Colossus? Yea I have it in stock.

Actually it was kind of a cheap shot. Havok asked Colossus to join up with them but before he got a chance to answer he blasted Colossus. If Colossus was expecting the blow he may have handled it better.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/UltColossusandHavok.jpg

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Warmonger
Uhm did Ult Juggernaut take out Colossus? We don't know what happened. We saw Juggernaut holding Colossus. It may or may not have been a team effort to beat him.

soujaboy09
Or it could have been a cheap shot

Back to Havok, and Colossus I just noticed that when Colossus was laying on the ground that he was in his regular form. This means that when Havok shot Colossus he couldn't have been in his metal form, because in the Ultimate Universe when Colossus is ko'd he stays in his metal for, and in that pic he was regular.

Draco69
Or it could have been a cheap shot

Back to Havok, and Colossus I just noticed that when Colossus was laying on the ground that he was in his regular form. This means that when Havok shot Colossus he couldn't have been in his metal form, because in the Ultimate Universe when Colossus is ko'd he stays in his metal for, and in that pic he was regular.

Um. No. Colossus was clearly in metal form when Havok shot him. Why would Colossus do something so stupid and de-armour when's holding the Scarlet Witch hostage AND just saw Iron Man get ripped to pieces. The force of the blast rendered him both unconscious and reverted him back to human form.

soujaboy09
Thats my point, in the Ultimate Universe when Colossus is ko'd he stays in whatever form he was when he was conscience in this case his steel form if you don't believe me check out the Hellfire, and Brimstone plot line. He could have reverted to his normal form before Havok shot the blast due to Havok saying he wanted to team up. We all see Colossus laying on the ground in his human form thats all the proof needed.

It may have been a stupid idea to revert to his normal form, but he apperntly did it, and thats why he's lying on the ground unconscience instead of standing in his steel form.

Draco69
Thats my point, in the Ultimate Universe when Colossus is ko'd he stays in whatever form he was when he was conscience in this case his steel form if you don't believe me check out the Hellfire, and Brimstone plot line. He could have reverted to his normal form before Havok shot the blast due to Havok saying he wanted to team up. We all see Colossus laying on the ground in his human form thats all the proof needed.

It may have been a stupid idea to revert to his normal form, but he apperntly did it, and thats why he's lying on the ground unconscience instead of standing in his steel form.

Honey:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/UltColossusandHavok.jpg

When he's blasted through the air, what COLOR are his arms? GRAY. STEEL.

erm

Draco69
Also in the next issue Colossus comments on Alex blasting him:

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/6356/ultimatexmenissue651qk.jpg

What does Colossus say? "I have THICK SKIN."

Warmonger
Yeah but what did we really see of the fight between Thor and Colossus. One hit really, heck we never even saw the showdown between Thor and Storm. Or Ironman and Rhino. Ultimate Universe seems to have a lot of Off panel fights.

Whether or not ti was a team effort or a chepa shot or whatever colossu was left K.O ed at the end of it. So it seems his vulnerability might be a factor.

Also if you are going to discount the part where Flacon dropped colossus by jamming his fingers into his eyes then you might as welldrop the part where Cap actually damages the Hulk. Cause Captain America Dropped a tank on him with really scratching him Nick Fury actually set of a nuclear weapon right next to the Hulk and he survived. So it seems unreasonable to belive that he can really be damaged by a hit from cap.

wannabe
Can we just agre on Colossus having suffered stun damage caused by extreme forces, but never having met a force strong enough to cause any tissue damage (broken bones, torn flesh/steel, bleeding...) on him?!

Btw... the "vulnerable organic eyes"-thing is rather bullsh*t!!!
If it were so, Colossus would have had severe problems while rescuing the sub from deep sea or taking the nuke!

I think it was just a plot device, used to make the fight between the X-Men and the Ultimates present more even and thus more interesting, cause otherwise the Ultimates wouldn't have had the slightest chance.

I can imagine, that the author thought himself pretty clever rationalizing the organic eyes with real physical science.
Actually it was rather dull, since he used that science just on ONE small part of Colossus, ignoring the rest of his body and other mutants and their SCIENCE DEFYING SUPERPOWERS!!!

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by wannabe
Btw... the "vulnerable organic eyes"-thing is rather bullsh*t!!!
If it were so, Colossus would have had severe problems while rescuing the sub from deep sea or taking the nuke! Well, him closing his eyes before the mini nuke went off would explain why that didn't harm his eyes. The sub rescue is still tricky though.

As far as i'm concerned, since the only time his eyes have been directly attacked they were vulnerable, I take that as evidence that his eyes are indeed vulnerable.

I know the sub rescue contradicts that, but that was a situation where it's easy for a writer to forget about the eyes being, or not being, vulnerable. The other was a direct attack on the eyes, and it worked, therefore i'm going with that one for now.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Well, him closing his eyes before the mini nuke went off would explain why that didn't harm his eyes. The sub rescue is still tricky though.

Yea but on the last panel his eyes were still wide open. And plus he just saw a arrow. How would he even know it was a nuke?

I call the Falcon/Colossus deal crap.

soujaboy09
I just want to no why Colossus was in his normal form when he was on the ground? in the Ultimate universe when Colossus is ko'd he stays in whatever form he was in when he was conscience.

snoopdogg
I just want to no why Colossus was in his normal form when he was on the ground? in the Ultimate universe when Colossus is ko'd he stays in whatever form he was in when he was conscience. Well I think that when Ult. Colossus is knocked out he turns back to normal like 616 Colossus does.

I think that the wikipedia website is incorrect in their accumption that he stays armored up.

Tulika
Or then it's a detail that alters as the plot needs. You won't be able to make up a common decision of this.

Eventually, not even Ultimate Colossus can win the Hulk. Why? Colossus sucks.

DarkCrawler
Saying that something sucks isn't actually a good argument, contrary of what you might believe.

wannabe
Well, him closing his eyes before the mini nuke went off would explain why that didn't harm his eyes. The sub rescue is still tricky though.

As far as i'm concerned, since the only time his eyes have been directly attacked they were vulnerable, I take that as evidence that his eyes are indeed vulnerable.

I know the sub rescue contradicts that, but that was a situation where it's easy for a writer to forget about the eyes being, or not being, vulnerable. The other was a direct attack on the eyes, and it worked, therefore i'm going with that one for now. I'm not denying, that this is now canon. I'm just saying that this canon fact is bullsh*t and pretty dumb!!!

Again:

I think it was just a plot device, used to make the fight between the X-Men and the Ultimates present more even and thus more interesting, cause otherwise the Ultimates wouldn't have had the slightest chance.

I can imagine, that the author thought himself pretty clever rationalizing the organic eyes with real physical science.
Actually it was rather dull, since he used that science just on ONE small part of Colossus, ignoring the rest of his body and other mutants and their SCIENCE DEFYING SUPERPOWERS!!!
Originally posted by Tulika
Eventually, not even Ultimate Colossus can win the Hulk. Why? Colossus sucks. I agree with DarkCrawler: Pretty convincing "argument" that statement of yours! roll eyes (sarcastic)
Btw...why do you think Colossus sucks?

soujaboy09
I want to know to why do you think Ultimate colossus sucks?

When Juggernaut had Colossus ko'd in his hands was Colossus in his normal form or his steel form?

Does Hulk have any fighting skills at all or does he just use brute strength?

Warmonger
Colossu was in his human form when the smoke cleared but he was in his Steel Form before Weapon-X smoked the mansion. Come to think of it they need to redo that whole scene. Cause Iceman was right next to Colossu while he was working out in steel form, then Juggernaut goes in gets Colossuss then later we Iceman appear from the upstrairs of the mansion but he should have been with Peter.

Warmonger
Hulk doesn't seem to have any real fighting skills but Ihonestly haven't seen any skills feats from Colossus.

Warmonger
I'm not denying, that this is now canon. I'm just saying that this canon fact is bullsh*t and pretty dumb!!!

Again:

I agree with DarkCrawler: Pretty convincing "argument" that statement of yours! roll eyes (sarcastic)
Btw...why do you think Colossus sucks?

Btu if you discount that then it logically follows that you discount Ult Cap even scratching him cause Hulk survived a REAL nuke.

snoopdogg
Btu if you discount that then it logically follows that you discount Ult Cap even scratching him cause Hulk survived a REAL nuke. But Hulk has a healing factor. I'm sure he was pretty damm messed up after the nuke went off. He just healed his wounds.

soujaboy09
Colossus hasn't shown any fighting skills? Thor couldn't even touch Colossus in the 10 min's they were fighting. He also showed us some skill when Iron Man was flying at him and he simply grabed him out of the air.

Hulk has shown less durability then Colossus also, because Wolverine is able to cut Hulk, but not Colossus.

wasn't Hulks ribs broken by Thors hammer?

The healing factor would do Hulk good in this fight, it gives him the edge.

Murda Mase
Ultimate Hulk got a power up after the nuke hit him, so he could be as strong as 616 now.

I think Colossus is still stronger atleast in the 95 to 100 ton range.

soujaboy09
Where have you been during the Ultimate comics? Ultimate Colossus in 95-100 ton range lol, he lifted a 7000 ton sub full of water, and humans from the bottom of the ocean, and carried it to shore. He overcame 35,000 tons of force from magneto's grip, and stoped a speeding train dead in its tracks.

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/4126/colossuslifingsub5mf.th.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7296/colossuslifingsub21en.th.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/1607/colossusstoppintrain27xy.th.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/3446/0279qp.th.jpg

95-100 tons lol thats funny

Murda Mase
So then He's gotta be as strong as 616 Hulk....

soujaboy09
Wats exactly are you asking?

Private Pion
I can only say 'Crikey' at the big metal russian.

soujaboy09
ok?

Warmonger
But Hulk has a healing factor. I'm sure he was pretty damm messed up after the nuke went off. He just healed his wounds.

Actually from what I've seen Hulk does not have a healing factor. Rember when they finally subded the Hulk Banner still had broken ribs. He was bitching about it after the fight. So apperantly the Hulk never healed the injuries THor gave him.

Colouss caught a freaking train which was rushing at him. No skill sjust brute power smae thing with Iron Man.

Also we never saw Colossus fighting Thor we only see one panel with him hitting THor that doesn't display any fighting skills if he is so much tougher and stronger. Hell if that were the case that means Ult Hulk is a fighting god cause he tossed Thor all the way across Madison square. He could have been beating on him because he had far superior fighting skills or simply because he was much stronger and tougher.

nwg202
How can the scarlet witch survive a shot from havoc? A shot that knocked colossus out and shredded iron man and black widow's armor?

wannabe
Btu if you discount that then it logically follows that you discount Ult Cap even scratching him cause Hulk survived a REAL nuke. Actually...YES!!!

A character who can be scratched by Cap should be completely incinerated, disintegrated, erased from existence by a real nuke. There wouldn't even be anything left that could try to regenerate.
I never read the issue in which Hulk and Cap fought or the one in which Hulk survived a nuke, so i'll have to take your word for it. But Cap scratching Hulk sounds like a plot device to make the fight a little more interesting, just like creating a completely stupid and pseudo-scientifically reasoned weakness for Colossus, to make Falcon the winner in an otherwise hopelessly unfair fight.

soujaboy09
the train situation of course is brute strength, but the fight with Thor has to include some kind of fighting skills. According to Marvel Thor has a 6 in strength, and a 4 in fighting skills. Colossus fought Thor for 10 Min's, and during the whole fight was not damaged once. This means that Colossus straight needs to be upgraded to a 7 or his fighting skills need to be upgraded to a 4 or 5.

Hulk has to have a healing factor, because if he didn't a nuke would just incinerator him for he is still flesh, and bones.

DarkCrawler
Where have you been during the Ultimate comics? Ultimate Colossus in 95-100 ton range lol, he lifted a 7000 ton sub full of water, and humans from the bottom of the ocean, and carried it to shore. He overcame 35,000 tons of force from magneto's grip, and stoped a speeding train dead in its tracks.

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/4126/colossuslifingsub5mf.th.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7296/colossuslifingsub21en.th.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/1607/colossusstoppintrain27xy.th.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/3446/0279qp.th.jpg

95-100 tons lol thats funny

Unless you can prove that it truly was 35,000 ton force, it wasn't.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by nwg202
How can the scarlet witch survive a shot from havoc? A shot that knocked colossus out and shredded iron man and black widow's armor?

Probability altering powers.

wannabe
Unless you can prove that it truly was 35,000 ton force, it wasn't. Even though you are right, you're also picking a small (admittedly non proven) detail out of a argumentation which is pretty correct and convincing, even though the detail might be wrong.

I don't want to accuse you specifically DC, but that is done pretty often in this forum: taking an exaggerated detail (which most often doesn't even need an exaggeration, like in this case) out of a good argumentation, to make the whole argumentation SEEM wrong, even though the rest is actually right.
Nowhere it is stated, that Colossus overcame Magneto causing a force of about 35.000 tons on him, right.
YET the feat itself still perfectly supports soujaboy09's point of view even without proclaiming it was 35.000 tons, and the rest of his examples for Colossus's strength are also still valid.

Warmonger
Even though you are right, you're also picking a small (admittedly non proven) detail out of a argumentation which is pretty correct and convincing, even though the detail might be wrong.

I don't want to accuse you specifically DC, but that is done pretty often in this forum: taking an exaggerated detail (which most often doesn't even need an exaggeration, like in this case) out of a good argumentation, to make the whole argumentation SEEM wrong, even though the rest is actually right.
Nowhere it is stated, that Colossus overcame Magneto causing a force of about 35.000 tons on him, right.
YET the feat itself still perfectly supports soujaboy09's point of view even without proclaiming it was 35.000 tons, and the rest of his examples for Colossus's strength are also still valid.

The problem is that this has been discussed before and Soulja agreed that there was no way to really verify that the force itself was 35,000. Then to come here an post it again is kind of obfuscating.

soujaboy09
I always said that in the Marvel directory that 616 Magneto could lift 35,000 tons with his powers, and it hasn't been stated that Ultimate Magneto is any diffren't than his 616 counterpart.

Sorry Warmonger, but Ive always said that Ultimate Magneto, and 616 Magneto had the same powers, and were at the same strength.

soujaboy09
Here source Answers.com

Ultimate Marvel
In the reality of Earth-1610, Magneto, a.k.a. Erik Lensherr, stays essentially the same. He is a Holocaust survivor, the leader of the Brotherhood of Mutants and a ruthless terrorist who gloats over dead bodies to achieve his dream of mutant supremacy(Ultimate X-Men #1). Additionally, he was the one to cripple Professor X. This version of Magneto is arguably darker and more cynical than the mainstream version. His commands a noticeably larger Brotherhood than his mainstream version, and has displayed enough power to defeat the Ultimates. Magneto was imprisoned following the events of "Return of the King", the sixth arc in the series. He was then unseen until "Magnetic North", the 12th arc and the final run for writer Brian K. Vaughan. Magneto was found to have hatched a scheme to escape, utilizing the willing cooperation of Forge and Mystique, as well as the unwilling (but amicable) aid of Longshot's mutation for luck. Magneto escaped by the end of the arc, leaving Mystique in his cell with Polaris to impersonate him. He and Longshot then exit the Triskelion unharassed, and Magneto makes it clear to Longshot that he has something different planned than any of his more typical world-domination schemes.

jacobo0o
Originally posted by Murda Mase
So then He's gotta be as strong as 616 Hulk....

616 hulk is stronger then 100 ton

soujaboy09
616 starts at around 75 through 100 ton range it grows as he gets angrier.

soujaboy09
So whats the diffrence between Ultimate Magneto, and Ultimate Magneto?

Lucid Lui
So whats the diffrence between Ultimate Magneto, and Ultimate Magneto? Uhh... Nothing... confused

Warmonger
Okl Souja, so what is your opinion on the accuracy/worth of handbooks?

King_Mungi
Okl Souja, so what is your opinion on the accuracy/worth of handbooks?

I hate the handbooks

soujaboy09
whats your point?

All I said was that Ultimate Magneto, and 616 Magneto were the same which they appear to be.

I've never read the handbook, but from what ive heard, and the scans Ive seen they look to be off. It seems that the people who write the handbooks dont take time to read the comics.

Warmonger
Where in any comic book does it say that Magneto is exerting 35,000 tons or pounds of pressure on Colossus?

Warmonger
You know waht I realize that I am arguing but haven't even so much as stated a positition. So here is my opinion.

I think that Ult. Hulk doesn't have enough appearances to take an average of really, but if I had to take a pick I would go with Ult Colossus. 8/10

Strentgh: Honeslty I can't tell Hulk's strentgh seems to ramp up pretty fast though and if he can keep getting stronger then I assuem he eventually takes this category.

Fighting skills: Not a factor Neither one has shown definitive fighting ability. Though Colossus seems more disciplined the fact that he is much stronger than the majority of his opponents make it hard to guess. The Hulk seems to be sloppy fighter though.

Speed: I am of the opinion that the Hulk seems to move faster than Colossus as he seems to be almost a flurry of activiity but I think that it has more to do with his greater savagery than any truely faster battle speed. But the Hulk's mobility is much greater than colossuss's. Not that it will really make a difference cause...

Durability: Colossus definetly takes the cake here. True the Hulk survived full nuclear blast but I count actual feats in combat heavier. so while I can say that Cap hitting him is BS it is still there and lowers the average of his showings. Also the Hulk seems to take damage from attacks that Colossu has always been able to shrug off. Also contary to some information the Hulk hasn't displayed any healing factor in the comics I saw him in. Banner still had the injuries that the Hulk had gotten. Also we haven't really seen the limits of Colossuss metla form to Physical trauma so we can't even be sure that Hulk can hurt him.

All in all Colossus seems able to match strength witht he Hulk but appears to be much tougher.

soujaboy09
In the comics it doesn't, butI thibk in the Marvel directory it states that he can lift things up to 35,000 tons. I could be wrong though. Even so it was an impressive feat none the less.

soujaboy09
Here source Marvel Directory

Strength Level: Magneto can use his magnetic powers to increase his physical strength up through Class 100 (the ability to lift over 100 tons).

Known Superhuman Powers: Magneto is a mutant with the superhuman power to control magnetism. He can shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially. It is unclear, however, whether he must draw magnetic force from outside himself (if so, then he can do so over vast distances), or whether he can also generate magnetic force from within himself. Nor is it clear whether Magneto's power is psionic or purely physiological in nature.

Although Magneto's power is not on the level of the Silver Surfer in his prime, it is for all practical purposes limitless. Even before his rejuvenation, Magneto once liEed a cargo freighter weighing 30,000 tons 50 feet into the air from a distance of 300 feet away. Moreover, Magneto can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. He can erec! magnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability around himself for protection. Although Magneto often gestures when using his magnetic powers, he can utilize them fully even when standing totally still merely by concentrating.

Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he seems to have some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to magnetism. In the past he has fired a bolt of electricity, he has also created enough intense heat to destroy a metal door. Heat, or infrared radiation, is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma-rays, and x-rays. Magneto may be able to project any of these. He has also been shown creating an anti-gravity field, and presumably does so whenever he levitates a non-magnetic object. Hence, Magneto may be living proof of the longsought Unified Field Theory that all forms of energy are related. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism, so perhaps it is more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy.

In previous years Magneto has apparently exhibited powers of astral projection and telepathy, and has claimed to be able to control the minds of others. His abilities along these lines are minimal, however-enough, perhaps, to protect himself against mightier telepaths, but not of great use otherwise.

Magneto's ability to wield his superhuman powers effectively is dependent upon his physical condition. When severely injured, his body is unable to withstand the strain of manipulating groat amounts of magnetic forces.

Abilities: Magneto is an expert on genetic manipulation and engineering, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science. He may be a genius in these fields. He can mutate humans in order to give them superhuman powers, or create adult clones of human beings and then manipulate the genetic structure of these clones during their development (see Savage Land Mutates). From Maelstrom's records and equipment he has learned how to create artificial living beings.

Magneto has mastered many technological fields as well: for example, he has designed magnetically-powered skycraft and spacecraft, complex robots and computers, and magnetically-powered generators.

Magneto has only a rudimentary knowledge of hand-to-hand combat.

Weapons: Magneto relies primarily on his own natural powers, although sometimes he has used magnetically-powered devices of his own design, such as his machine for inducing earthquakes and volcanic eruptions from afar. Magneto used to use mechanical devices for magnifying his own powers, but since his rejuvenation he no longer needs them

Warmonger
In the comics it doesn't, butI thibk in the Marvel directory it states that he can lift things up to 35,000 tons. I could be wrong though. Even so it was an impressive feat none the less.

I know its impressive. The point being that you don't really have anyway of knowing how much pressure Magneto was applying or even how much Magneto COULD apply. There is no way to know that he is being held down with 35,000 tons.

I don't like when an unqualified number is listed because if you let it slide long enough pretty soon people are going to go around saying that Colossus is a 35,000 ton character.

soujaboy09
It hasn't been stated what Colossus is, but I get your point.

truly though how are we suppose to figure out the numbers? It wasn't stated how much the sub weighed, but we figured it out.

Warmonger
Well there isn't much argument to be made with the sub. I mean he lifted a sub it ways a certain amount but it is in excess of severl thousands tons.

I'm just saying lets not slap a number the magneto thing casue we really can't even guess.

soujaboy09
ok

grey fox
I'm gonna bet someones going to bring up hulk ripping wolverine in half.....

soujaboy09
I doubt Hulk could do the same to Colossus

spideycarnage
why wouldent he, wolive is made out of adamantium..wat is colossus made of??

DarkCrawler
I always said that in the Marvel directory that 616 Magneto could lift 35,000 tons with his powers, and it hasn't been stated that Ultimate Magneto is any diffren't than his 616 counterpart.

Sorry Warmonger, but Ive always said that Ultimate Magneto, and 616 Magneto had the same powers, and were at the same strength.

You don't seem to get the point. I doesn't need to be stated that they are any different. It needs to be stated that they are similar. Which haven't been stated. I could go say that Ultimate Hulk is identical to 616 "because difference hasn't been stated". Or that Colossus is identical to Ultimate Colossus because it says nowhere that they aren't. But they are NOT the same person, and therefore the other can't do the same feats because the other has, UNLESS it has been shown in comics that he can.

So you can't say that Ultimate Magneto can lift 35,000 tons because 616 has. Because he hasn't. And until he has shown that he can do so, we can't say that he can, when he has never shown such ability before.

wannabe
Originally posted by spideycarnage
why wouldent he, wolive is made out of adamantium..wat is colossus made of?? It's just Wolvies BONES that are laced with Adamantium!!! His joints, since they have to be flexible, are just ligaments and other normal body tissue.
Ergo, Hulk may not be able to crush any bones of Wolvie or hurt the organs protected by them, but he may very well ripp him apart at his joints.

Btw...since nothing (not even adamantium claws and a nuke) has proven to be able to really damage Colossus organic steel, we have no way of knowing how durable it actually is.

spideycarnage
oh i seeeee

DarkCrawler

Btw...since nothing (not even adamantium claws and a nuke) has proven to be able to really damage Colossus organic steel, we have no way of knowing how durable it actually is.

The nuke was miniature, wasn't it? And The claws did not cut him because Wolverine simply doesn't have enough strength to cut through Colossus with them. If someone stronger had the claws, the result could be different.

wannabe
The nuke was miniature, wasn't it? Right, but miniature or not, it knocked Colossus out, something neither Thor, Ironman, a stomping Sentinel or Magneto with all their power were able to do, yet it was not able to physically damage him.
Still a pretty astonishing feat of durability, isn't it?! wink
And The claws did not cut him because Wolverine simply doesn't have enough strength to cut through Colossus with them. If someone stronger had the claws, the result could be different. Perhaps! I perfectly understand the logic of your post and used to discuss the same way on several threads.
Yet still Wolverine keeps cutting material he shouldn't be able to cut due to his lack of super strength. However ridiculous this may be, IT HAPPENS in the comics. So when suddenly there is something in the comics HE CANNOT cut , it is surely a remarkable feat of that substance's durability!!!

So still it's:...since nothing (not even adamantium claws and a nuke) has proven to be able to really damage Colossus organic steel, we have no way of knowing how durable it actually is.

jrodslam
Wolverine cant cut through Omega Reds tentacles either. Its not like its a big hunk of metal like Colossus where he would need lots of strength to penetrate. The tentacles have the dameter of about a 20oz soda bottle if that, yet he still cant cut through them. When it comes to Colossus, eventhough he doesnt have the strength to stab Colossus, he should at least be able to slice/cut him. However he doesnt. Those just might be the 2 of the metals Wolvie cant cut.

soujaboy09
We don't no exactly what Colossus armor is identified as so we don't no if its as durable as adamantium or not. It appears to be just as durable if not more durable actually.

Miniature nuke or not does it not do the same thing as a full size nuke just in a smaller radius? I mean it is comics anythings possible.

Weren't Wolverine's claws able to cut through Hulk's hide which according to the marvel handbook has a 6 in durability counting the healing factor?

Darkcrawler just to let you know it has been stated that Ultimate Colossus is at a different strength lv than 616 Colossus. It's stated that Ultimate Colossus can lift thousands of tons, and his peak hasn't been reached yet. It's stated that 616 Colossus can only lift hundreds of tons. There has been nothing stated that Ultimate Magneto is any different than his 616 counterpart.

XerxesLogan
Ummmm....when did Wolvie try and cut Collosuss? The only time I can remeber was in a training session in issue 2 or 3 and the claws sliced right through.....just curious..

jrodslam
We don't no exactly what Colossus armor is identified as so we don't no if its as durable as adamantium or not. It appears to be just as durable if not more durable actually.

Its identified as organic metal. Is it more durable than Adamantium? I doubt it. However Wolverine cant even make slice marks in it. All he did was make sparks. Wolverine isnt the weakest out there, but if adamantium is indeed stronger, he should at least be able to make marks in Colossus. Especially when it comes to Omega Red's tentacles. Youd think that carbonadium is weaker than adamantium so Wolvie should have been sliced them off, yet he cant. Id put them in the same category.

Weren't Wolverine's claws able to cut through Hulk's hide which according to the marvel handbook has a 6 in durability counting the healing factor?

True, but you have to take into fact that Hulks skin isnt tougher than Colossus's armor. Hulk can sustain more damage than Colossus, but like youve stated Wolverine was/has been able to slice Hulks skin. Hell, hes even gutted Hulk before. But we all know Hulk is more durable than Colossus overall. Kinda funny to me.

soujaboy09

Warmonger
I think people are starting to get the 616 and Ultimate versions mixed up again. To my Knowledge Ult. Wolv hasn't yet fought Omega Red. Also Ult Hulk seems nowhere near as durable as Colossus. Not only has he been damaged by severl conventional attacks but he doesn't even seem to possess his vaunted Healing Factor either.

Black Adam
I think people are starting to get the 616 and Ultimate versions mixed up again. To my Knowledge Ult. Wolv hasn't yet fought Omega Red. Also Ult Hulk seems nowhere near as durable as Colossus. Not only has he been damaged by severl conventional attacks but he doesn't even seem to possess his vaunted Healing Factor either.

don't really read ultimate. So does the Hulk have his get stronger as I get angrier thing?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Black Adam
don't really read ultimate. So does the Hulk have his get stronger as I get angrier thing? I don't recall it ever being metnioned or displayed. I have read all of the Ultimtates issue too.

I could be wrong though.

nwg202
Ultimate colossus has more strength and durability feats than ultimate Hulk so far. But this being a marvel publication, its like an unwritten rule...when it comes to bricks, nobody outmuscles the hulk. I think its easier to penetrate hulks hide, but his insane healing factor more than makes up for it i guess....whats up with marvel? why is it always wolverine vs the hulk or thing...let colossus go up against them. It would be a great brawl.

snoopdogg
whats up with marvel? why is it always wolverine vs the hulk or thing...let colossus go up against them. It would be a great brawl. That's the price Colossus pays for being on the same team as Wolverine I guess. Wolvie gets to fight everybody.

It kinda sucks.

soujaboy09
I think Wolverine is hyped up too much

Marvel needs to move on

King KAM
I think Wolverine is hyped up too much

Marvel needs to move on why????becuase your favorite charactes comic isnt as well written? or because your favorite character doesnt kick as much ass???shuddup

wannabe
Ultimate colossus has more strength and durability feats than ultimate Hulk so far. But this being a marvel publication, its like an unwritten rule...when it comes to bricks, nobody outmuscles the hulk. I think its easier to penetrate hulks hide, but his insane healing factor more than makes up for it i guess....whats up with marvel? why is it always wolverine vs the hulk or thing...let colossus go up against them. It would be a great brawl. I'm not 100% sure, but didn't Banner show some of the injuries Hulk got during a fight against the Ultimates? What does that say about Hulk's healing factor?!

I concur with soujaboy09: Marvel should stop hyping and over using Wolverine, as interesting as he may be, and move on to give other interesting, complex and multidimensional characters more showings. Colossus is certainly one of those!

soujaboy09
That makes since, I guess Hulk doesn't have a healing factor in the Ultimate Continuity.

Whats wrong with saying Marvel need to move on, they have been hyping Wolverine up for almost 40 years, why not show more of other characters? I know people love Wolverine, but thats not all we want to see. I would just like to see Marvel use some of its other great characters.

nwg202
I'm not 100% sure, but didn't Banner show some of the injuries Hulk got during a fight against the Ultimates? What does that say about Hulk's healing factor?!

I concur with soujaboy09: Marvel should stop hyping and over using Wolverine, as interesting as he may be, and move on to give other interesting, complex and multidimensional characters more showings. Colossus is certainly one of those! well,if he does not have healing factor...i'd have to go with colossus too. But how did he survive the nuke? if cap and ironman can hurt him, theres no way he survives a nuke without healing factor.

snoopdogg
well,if he does not have healing factor...i'd have to go with colossus too. But how did he survive the nuke? if cap and ironman can hurt him, theres no way he survives a nuke without healing factor. I think Ult. Hulk does have a healing factor. I just don't know if his strength icreases as he gets angrier.

soujaboy09
I think it does, but im not sure

Wolverine2006
I believe he's got a healing factor and he gets stronger as he gets angrier at least in the Ultimate Avengers movie and I think it says that on wikipedia...I dont remember

Zahit
Hawkeye took down Colossus with a miniaturized nuke arrow-head.
He can be taken down.

In a Ult. Hulk vs Colossus, I would imagine Colossus winning at the
beginning......the longer the fight progresses however.......

wannabe
well,if he does not have healing factor...i'd have to go with colossus too. But how did he survive the nuke? if cap and ironman can hurt him, theres no way he survives a nuke without healing factor. Well, you know the relation authors and power consistency have: One day a character beats the crap out of Galactus, the other day he gets beaten by aunt May. It's a shame!!!

King KAM
Originally posted by Zahit
He can be taken down.

beginning......the longer the fight progresses however....... This is actually probably one of the best points that i have seen on this thread.....If we look, a mini-nuke took out Cololossus where, a megaton nuke, didnt hurt the hulk very much at all, I feel like this battle would be a war, but Ultimate hulk edges him in endurance and in the durablitly department giving him the win.

Marcus4600
Well Ult. Hulk is supposed to be weaker than 616 Hulk and Colossus IS way stronger than 616 Colossus.

Well, he's a bit stronger than teenage 616 Colossus, but we don't know about the new Colossus, because he's full grown now, and Gog did some experimentation on him. It may have amped his strength, but Joss Whedon is the one who's gonna have the say on that one. Anyway, I think that Colossus would take this one because he'd be able to hold out a lot longer in a fight than Hulk would.

bigboygreen
Hulk rips all that shinny armor of him hand beats the living s*** out of him.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Zahit
He can be taken down.

beginning......the longer the fight progresses however.......

I personally prefer to ignore anything and everything that happened in Ultimate War.

I mean Colossus is tough no doubt that, but taking down Thor down without breaking a sweat is just ridiculous. I mean it took everyone in the Ultimates to take down Thor. So could Colossus take on the Ultimates? Hell No!

Still, Colossus isnt invincible, he isnt the strongest in the UMU and if you ask me he's being a little overrated here.

Of course if you ask me that whole being able to get up even when Magneto is holding him down thing is pretty much PIS.

Heck, Hulk is a cannibal so he might just try to eat Colossus laughing

snoopdogg
Originally posted by King KAM
This is actually probably one of the best points that i have seen on this thread.....If we look, a mini-nuke took out Cololossus where, a megaton nuke, didnt hurt the hulk very much at all, I feel like this battle would be a war, but Ultimate hulk edges him in endurance and in the durablitly department giving him the win. Actually Colossus was hit unexpectingly with the nuke. Hulk was expecting the blast. If I remember right actually didn't get his with the nuke. He jumped off the ship before it blew up.(I could be wrong)

But this is a tough fight but Hulk always wins brawls. Colossus can win if he does it quickly. He could always kick him in the sack like Cap did.

King KAM
Actually Colossus was hit unexpectingly with the nuke. Hulk was expecting the blast. If I remember right actually didn't get his with the nuke. He jumped off the ship before it blew up.(I could be wrong)

But this is a tough fight but Hulk always wins brawls. Colossus can win if he does it quickly. He could always kick him in the sack like Cap did. i think you are correct, he i think he did jump out the way...but i would imagine some of the blast caught him....but i still give this to hulk, i mean Ult.Col got PWNED by Ult.Falcon, but that is irrelevant... i just think that the hulk is FAR more durable in this situation... and that will see him through

snoopdogg
Originally posted by King KAM
i think you are correct, he i think he did jump out the way...but i would imagine some of the blast caught him....but i still give this to hulk, i mean Ult.Col got PWNED by Ult.Falcon, but that is irrelevant... i just think that the hulk is FAR more durable in this situation... and that will see him through The Falson incident was kinda crappy writing imo.

Anyways now that I think about it I think Colossus may be more durable than Hulk. He has shown better durability feats than Hulk so far.

1. Wolverines claws did no damage to Colossus
2. Colossus had lava poured on him and did no damage.

Hulk is obviously stronger though.

Grimm22
The Falson incident was kinda crappy writing imo.

Anyways now that I think about it I think Colossus may be more durable than Hulk. He has shown better durability feats than Hulk so far.

1. Wolverines claws did no damage to Colossus
2. Colossus had lava poured on him and did no damage.

Hulk is obviously stronger though.

I like the Ultimate Falcon thing.

It showed that Colossus isnt freakin invincible to everyone who dosent have superstrength or telepathy.

Plus, Ult. Falcon is awesome.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Grimm22
I like the Ultimate Falcon thing.

It showed that Colossus isnt freakin invincible to everyone who dosent have superstrength or telepathy.

Plus, Ult. Falcon is awesome. Colossus has survived a nuke and been at the bottom of the ocean. You mean to tell me Falcon poking his eyes and stopping him is feasible?

Grimm22
Colossus has survived a nuke and been at the bottom of the ocean. You mean to tell me Falcon poking his eyes and stopping him is feasible?

I dont count the nuke thing. The entire Ultimate War was bad writing.

Seriously it just plain out sucked.

snoopdogg
I dont count the nuke thing. The entire Ultimate War was bad writing.

Seriously it just plain out sucked. Your just saying that because Colossus kicked alot of @ss in it.

It's a known fact that Thing fans dislike Colossus or anything X-men related.

Grimm22
Your just saying that because Colossus kicked alot of @ss in it.

It's a known fact that Thing fans dislike Colossus or anything X-men related.

Not true, I like 616 Colossus. Ultimate Colossus just plain out annoys me. He has annoyed me since issue 1 with his crying. I mean jeese, you have super strength and what not. GET OVER IT! mad

Also, thats not the only reason that Ultimate War sucked. There are tons and tons and tons of other reasons, but yes Colossus beating Thor and Iron Man with ease is just stupid

snoopdogg
Not true, I like 616 Colossus. Ultimate Colossus just plain out annoys me. He has annoyed me since issue 1 with his crying. I mean jeese, you have super strength and what not. GET OVER IT! mad

Also, thats not the only reason that Ultimate War sucked. There are tons and tons and tons of other reasons, but yes Colossus beating Thor and Iron Man with ease is just stupid Colossus has been consistently doing cool sh!t. In alot of comics.

Submarines, Trains, Magneto, Thor, Iron Man etc.

Grimm22
Colossus has been consistently doing cool sh!t. In alot of comics.

Submarines, Trains, Magneto, Thor, Iron Man etc.

Don't you find it pretty stupid though that Thor can take on the Ultimates and all of the Europen Supersoldiers on his own and yet Colossus beats him with ease confused

Also, If you ask me pretty much 80% of Ultimate X-men has been crap, except for Bendis's run and Kirkman's current run

snoopdogg
Don't you find it pretty stupid though that Thor can take on the Ultimates and all of the Europen Supersoldiers on his own and yet Colossus beats him with ease confused

Also, If you ask me pretty much 80% of Ultimate X-men has been crap, except for Bendis's run and Kirkman's current run Ult. X-men is one of Marvels top sellers. How can it be crap?

You need to stop comparing Ultimate to 616. It's not good for your health.

Grimm22
Ult. X-men is one of Marvels top sellers. How can it be crap?

You need to stop comparing Ultimate to 616. It's not good for your health.

How can it be crap? Hey both X-men and Uncanny X-Men somehow make it into the top 50, you tell me. Who's buying this crap?

How am I comparing Ultimate to 616?

Lucid Lui
Also, If you ask me pretty much 80% of Ultimate X-men has been crap, except for Bendis's run and Kirkman's current run I've found Kirkman's run (or arc) the least interesting Ult. X-Men has been so far. Vaughn's run has been the best, but Ult. X-Men has always been a steadily good book IMO.

snoopdogg
How can it be crap? Hey both X-men and Uncanny X-Men somehow make it into the top 50, you tell me. Who's buying this crap?

How am I comparing Ultimate to 616? If Ultimate X-men was crap how can it be in the top 15 for 6 years straight?

If it was crap people wouldn't buy it. That's the way it is.

Grimm22
I've found Kirkman's run (or arc) the least interesting Ult. X-Men has been so far. Vaughn's run has been the best, but Ult. X-Men has always been a steadily good book IMO.

Ugh, Vaughn's run was one of the worst, other than Millar's run. sad

Seriously Magnetic North was an awful arc

Grimm22
If Ultimate X-men was crap how can it be in the top 15 for 6 years straight?

If it was crap people wouldn't buy it. That's the way it is.

What can I say, X-fans love crap laughing stick out tongue

snoopdogg
I've found Kirkman's run (or arc) the least interesting Ult. X-Men has been so far. Vaughn's run has been the best, but Ult. X-Men has always been a steadily good book IMO. Did you see the way they drew Colossus in issue #69?

That was a joke. laughing

Lucid Lui
Did you see the way they drew Colossus in issue #69?

That was a joke. laughing His hair goes silver now too...

snoopdogg
His hair goes silver now too... I didn't even know it was Colossus at first.

WTF were they thinking?

Grimm22
I didn't even know it was Colossus at first.

WTF were they thinking?

That Colossus needed a more fashionable hair now that he has been pronounced homosexual. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.