Senator Kelly in Xmen 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

systemshock2
I recently saw this movie again and was wondering, just what does exactly happen to senator kelly's body after magneto mutated him? He obviously did mutate, but what did he mutate into? It looked like for the briefest of moments he had the power to stretch his body like rubber, but obviously that didn't last too long. Anyone have any idea what he was before he died?

Ieatbabies
I think he had the power of elasticity, but it was weird that wen he dies he turned into water.

Maybe he mutated into some weird type of fish?

buffymitch
I believe that he turned into water because right after he was "mutated" by magneto he fell into water. i believe that his body actually adapted to the water.

supreme_being
yeah i think because it was an early mutation his body manifested into what ever possible cuz the mutation didnt know what else to do, so it made him stretch, then he turned to water, i mean u can see him heal himself as he walks up onto the beach(when naked) so his body seems to adapt to its surroundings(possible??)

Ieatbabies
That would've been so nasty to see Kelly naked.

systemshock2
What confused me even more was when Storm tells Magneto that she saw Senator Kelly die, he mentions something like "Are you sure you saw what you saw?" I wonder what that was to suppose to imply.

Fiann@
Originally posted by systemshock2
What confused me even more was when Storm tells Magneto that she saw Senator Kelly die, he mentions something like "Are you sure you saw what you saw?" I wonder what that was to suppose to imply. He was hinting at the fact Mystique would take Kelly's place...I think...

systemshock2
Originally posted by Fiann@
He was hinting at the fact Mystique would take Kelly's place...I think...

Ah good point. Never thought of that possibility.

JirK
Originally posted by Fiann@
He was hinting at the fact Mystique would take Kelly's place...I think...

no. magneto just didnt know that he died. he assumed that hus machine was safe and would turn humans into mutants.

Katie123
Mabey he could just stretch b/c when he escaped he stretched through the bars

systemshock2
Maybe something is wrong with me but I almost feel sorry for the guy. True his convictions were absolutely wrong, but imo the movie made it clear that he thought that way because it was wholeheartedly for the good of the public. I almost feel for the guy when he's strapped in magneto's chair, watching as the machine powers up, having no idea of the horrible death he'll have. He deserved something, but not that. If anything General Stryker deserved that type of ironic death, not Kelly.

buffymitch
Ofcourse Kelly deserved to die like that. Do you know what it means to have one person hate you so much and turn almost a whole country against you. Trust me he deserved to die. And Stryker got his fair share of pain. Wolvie's claws through his ribs. Magneto slamming him (offscreen) against a wall and then chaining him up. after taht dragged through the trees bla bla bla you get the point

Flavio
Originally posted by systemshock2
What confused me even more was when Storm tells Magneto that she saw Senator Kelly die, he mentions something like "Are you sure you saw what you saw?" I wonder what that was to suppose to imply.

i always thought that that line was made to create a doubt in the x-men: Is Professor really that good? (im not sure if hes able to create a scene on someone's head, but he's sure a loot powerful)
in x2 you have the thing of "this tough helmet is what protects me from the real bad guys" and all
i hope to see if x3 continues my theory...

buffymitch
protection from the real Bad gUyS he means those Hypocrites like stryker

Knightfall93
But who WAS the real bad guy? Stryker? Magneto? Kelly?

systemshock2
The real bad guy was definitely Stryker, then second is Kelly. Magneto can be considered an anti-hero, a guy who seeks to do the right thing in his mind but through unorthodox methods.

btw did anybody else notice the reference of what happened to Kelly's late assistant, Guyritch. It seems he was "mauled by a bear" is how the newscast described it.

Knightfall93
so...?

systemshock2
Originally posted by Knightfall93
so...?

Meaning Sabretooth finally did something right in the movie, at least offscreen, and accomplished the job of killing Guyritch, but newscasters have the attack confused by it coming from a bear.

Knightfall93
Sorry, was tired... not thinkin straight

systemshock2
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Sorry, was tired... not thinkin straight

no prob. smile

Knightfall93
LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.