Thanos vs. Kurse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
this would be interesting.....

two awesome forces... who wins ?

GODSCRIBE
theres no point in putting anything less than in-betweener to fight Thanos.

slade10
Thanos is vastly stronger, quicker, and smarter than kurse. He'll make kurse his thrall.

Sixth_Winged
Thanos transmutates his armor to become iron. gameover

Darth Kal-El
Thanos wiill win

Betageuze
you making me kiddin.....

wasnt Thanos beaten by Thor ... before ?????????

and... isnt Kurse 4 times the strength of Thor ?????

even Kurse is only double strength of Thor.... i will gave him good chances against Thanos......

Thanos can not match in raw power with a Mindless Hulk... and i would doubt, that Kurse can.....

Sixth_Winged
Thor has never ever beaten Thanos. The one you might probably be referring to has been retconned to being a lowly clone and even then, he didn't really defeated him without some Odin-force augmented equipment forged by Jargheflm and empowered by odin(sp?).

Even before pre-death augmentation, Thor single-handidly took down thor and thing working together with just an eye blast.

And raw strength is <<<< than somewith also that and the sheer versatility and intelligence of Thanos.

Rewmac
where can i find strenght level infos?

Sixth_Winged
on whom? probably TOHOTMU but it's so damn inaccurate, people in the 70's ton class lift umpteen times more than they probably should so i suggest just looking at actual comic book appearance and judge for yourself.

here's that marveldirectory entry for Kurse.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/k/kurse.htm

Rewmac
i would need a strenght level data base

Khellendros
Thanos has too many other powers for Kurse to contend with. Thanos wins.

slade10
Originally posted by Khellendros
Thanos has too many other powers for Kurse to contend with. Thanos wins.

He doesn't need other powers. He could just beat him to death.

leonidas
could thanos beat kurse strictly h2h, no iron exploitation? how many times stronger than thor IS thanos? anyone . . .?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by leonidas
could thanos beat kurse strictly h2h, no iron exploitation? how many times stronger than thor IS thanos? anyone . . .?

In h2h Thanos would own Thor with hammer and all. Against Kurse He would own him to but Kurse's durability will make him last longer.

How I came up with that... When Thor went all warrior madness and started stomping on people for no reason Thanos had some trouble with him. He was able to defend himself very well. (got only a bloody nose until thanos did the force block bullcrap move but anyway it happened). Thor at the time was 10 times stronger (believe that what warrior madness does for thor makes him 10X). So if he can handle himself against a thor who was 10 x normal and kurse is only 4 x thor then thanos should be able to own Kurse.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Lord Feron
In h2h Thanos would own Thor with hammer and all. Against Kurse He would own him to but Kurse's durability will make him last longer.

How I came up with that... When Thor went all warrior madness and started stomping on people for no reason Thanos had some trouble with him. He was able to defend himself very well. (got only a bloody nose until thanos did the force block bullcrap move but anyway it happened). Thor at the time was 10 times stronger (believe that what warrior madness does for thor makes him 10X). So if he can handle himself against a thor who was 10 x normal and kurse is only 4 x thor then thanos should be able to own Kurse.

nah! that wasn't true warrior madness as odin deducted. thor just went loco and stopped holding back or something to that extent. a non-holding back thor with some kinda adrenalin boost was able to give thanos a bloody nose.

and kurse is 4x stronger than thor (though not sure if its full potential thor strength or his usual standard holding back levels). kurse would probably give thanos a run for his money h2h but would still lose in the end.

nicamarvin

thanos-prime

nicamarvin
Originally posted by thanos-prime
ok give thanos all his shields/tech and see how they do. I said H2H only..........

Kris Blaze
In hand to hand Kurse would eventually win.

As far as a proper battle goes, there is little he could do to stop Thanos.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

As far as a proper battle goes, there is little he could do to stop Thanos. I know.........I want to see a H2H Battle between all shields up Thanos vs 8th day juggernaut.. Happy Dance

leonidas

think so? because of kurse's basically limitless endurance or because you think he's just stronger than thanos?

Nihilist
Titan

leonidas
so . . . how many times stronger than thor IS thanos . . .? 2x? 5x? 10x? 100x? 1000x??

hmmm . . .

KuRuPT Thanosi
so . . . how many times stronger than thor IS thanos . . .? 2x? 5x? 10x? 100x? 1000x??

hmmm . . .

Who knows really.

IMO I would say Thanos is stronger then Kurse. The thing with Kurse is his invulverabllity that would be the key and needs to be overcome. However, being that thanos has cosmic powers I think that would allow him to become aware of what is needed to put him down.

TricksterPriest
That's reaching. Proof of Thanos possessing any kind of Cosmic Awareness? Or even the level required to figure out the iron weakness?

Then again, if Thanos knows about dark elves and what Kurse is, then he could do it. But I kind of doubt he keeps up on the latest from Asgard that closely.

leonidas
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Who knows really.

IMO I would say Thanos is stronger then Kurse. The thing with Kurse is his invulverabllity that would be the key and needs to be overcome. However, being that thanos has cosmic powers I think that would allow him to become aware of what is needed to put him down.

i brought it up because once a long time past, i debated against someone who was steadfast in his belief that thanos was 1000x stronger than SUPERMAN. so i was curious what people thought about the relative levels of strength of thor and thanos.

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Then again, if Thanos knows about dark elves and what Kurse is, then he could do it. But I kind of doubt he keeps up on the latest from Asgard that closely.
He's got standard brain wave patterns from a male Asgardian. no expression

He could very well have knowledge of elves in Asgard...

TricksterPriest
Maybe. It's abit of a reach. Everybody knows the Asgardians. But keeping track of Thor's entire rogue's gallery? Surfer's, ok. Adam Warlock? Maybe. Kurse has only ever fought Thor and other asgardians (Bill counts in that regard) IIRC.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Maybe. It's abit of a reach. Everybody knows the Asgardians. But keeping track of Thor's entire rogue's gallery? Surfer's, ok. Adam Warlock? Maybe. Kurse has only ever fought Thor and other asgardians (Bill counts in that regard) IIRC.

Let me ask you something Trick cause I'm really curious about your stance... Do you believe Galactus or Tyrant can scan or a weakness or exercise cosmic awareness as SS displayed against Glads? As I brought up before I have yet to see Galactus from all the comics I've read do this and nobody came forth when I brought this up before. So, just because he hasn't displayed this ability I think its safe to say he can don't you think being that hes given only a fraction of his power to SS. Yet your saying this ability must be displayed or they don't have it?

Enyalus
Iron is a common knowledge weakness to all elves and Fae. Sidhe, etc.

Ever read any Celtic folklore?

TricksterPriest
Galactus? Yes. He's a god damn abstract. Tyrant? Nothing indicating he has CA.

And Galactus HAS displayed CA. Surfer made a threat about using it, he didn't exercise it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Galactus? Yes. He's a god damn abstract. Tyrant? Nothing indicating he has CA.

And Galactus HAS displayed CA. Surfer made a threat about using it, he didn't exercise it.

No SS said very clearly that he could scan Glads for a weakness and exploit it to beat him. What I'm asking for is being that Galactus has never that I know of on panel scanned for a weakness and used it to beat an enemy or even make the threat to are we supposed to believe he can't?

The Nuul
Thanos stomps.

Kris Blaze
think so? because of kurse's basically limitless endurance or because you think he's just stronger than thanos?

Yeah. He just requires an unreasonable amount of energy to put down. Energizer had to drain both Stormbreaker AND Mjolnir. And that only knocked him out. Doesn't seem like the kind of energy Thanos possesses.

Enyalus
I think I'd go with this, too. But by 'eventually' I might mean days, if not longer. Both of these guys have practically limitless stamina.

I think Thanos is still stronger than Kurse, but not strong enough to put him down decisively in only a H2H match. It's not that big of a gap by any stretch.

occultdestroyer

Agreed.

K Von Doom
In terms of durability, would Kurse survive a direct and sustained blast from Odin's Gungnir?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by K Von Doom
In terms of durability, would Kurse survive a direct and sustained blast from Odin's Gungnir?

Probably.

Though Thanos has always been much better at handling energy than physical attacks.

It's Faceman
Originally posted by Betageuze
this would be interesting.....

two awesome forces... who wins ?

There's no mention of hand to hand only. So I'm assuming all powers count .
Thanos takes a clear majority.

Naija boy
Thanos takes it.

Enyalus
Originally posted by It's Faceman
There's no mention of hand to hand only. So I'm assuming all powers count .
Thanos takes a clear majority.
The thread was merged about halfway down on the first page. It's H2H only.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Enyalus
The thread was merged about halfway down on the first page. It's H2H only.

I kinda agree in a sense that it would be hard to put Kurse down h2h only because of his powerset and thus eventually Kurse could win. However, I also find it hard to believe that Thanos would be put down for good by Kurse with his amping abilities, healing factor, tech shielding, Stamina and his personal durability. I still say Thanos can have info on Asgard and know about Kurse weakness or some form of PC to do so. I guess in the end meh cause it is really hard to say how it would go and might just be one big long stalemate.

Enyalus
That's why, in my assessment, I said I could see it lasting days or more, purely H2H.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.