f1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dexx
can't belive noone started a thread so far. I remember there were some fans some time round last season. i thought this sport would gather more...seeing the new rules and the increasing spectacularity.
So....what do you have to say about yesterday's race?...ergh...butchering more likely

Thomas H
Kimi raikonen is great this year....cool for Finnland....
Montoya is my favoritte!

Catch 22
An amazing race , in unbelievable conditions.

The way the race ended was spectacular. Did anyone catch the driver interviews afterwards? ITV didn't show them due to over running. sad

Dexx
yep..great race..great for kimi. Too bad for coulthard pitting out of the 1st position..oh well.
Strong start for mclaren.....can't wait for the next race...the new cars (Mclaren and ferrari at least)
Didn't catch any interviews, but i read some on the net.

Thomas H
Cool to see that others win as well...not only schumacer

Dexx
i was sorry for fisichella for a sec...just for a sec knowing that it was kimit up there for the 1st place..hehe. galda too see mclaren's doing very good, AND to see ferrari and williams going down evil face..mwahaha.
Renault's moving up the field....i just hope we'll have nice, spectacular races....

Thomas H
I dont feel sorry for anybody!!big grin

Catch 22
I think they new rules may have signals the end of Ferrari for a while. They just don't seem to have their house in order for them.

But this was only race 3, still another 15 or so to go.

Thomas H
GO KIMI"

Dexx
yup..i'm amazed to see the improvements on the mclaren car this year. CAn't wait till they introduce the new one...

Catch 22
In a statement issued this morning, the FIA said they were inviting interested parties to a meeting to be convened in Paris on April 11th after receiving evidence which suggests that Fisichella had started his 56th lap before the race was stopped. This is at odds with the information supplied by the race time-keepers.

If the evidence proves correct then the race classification would stand from the end of the 54th lap when the Jordan driver was leading. The result at the moment is classified at 53 completed laps with Kimi Raikkonen the winner.

In a separate move, Michael Schumacher has said that half points should be awarded because less than 75% of the race distance was completed.

An FIA press release this morning stated that in accordance with Article 179(b) of the International Sporting Code, the stewards of the Brazilian GP will re-convene on Friday 11 April at 11.00am to review the results of the event.

Mujaffa
huh

rusky
I'm a Ferrari Schumi Fan myself... didn't see the race though.. what program was it on Dexx ?

Mujaffa
euro sport.
Miika Hakkinen

Dexx
hakkinen's retired mujaffa...

what?...that basta schumacher...i bet he wouldn't have proposed that if he had a better placing in the race.
i victory for a jordan would've been something new..i'm sure mclaren can pick up any points taken by them..hopefully.

Mujaffa
well that other finnish guy....raiko or something

rusky
Yeah Kimi's good 2...

Dexx
He's probably the most talented...and seeing this good car he's getting this season, he's on his way for his first champion title....
*hopes*

narcil
...*dies*
first of all---i feel SO sorry for poor little fisichella!! he was royally gypped!!
and i think it's absolutely *ridiculous* that alonso n' webber were still in the points---they CRASHED. if the race had continued they wouldn't have been in it. anyhow...
i think kimi was a bit of a prick during the interviews--he had this smug little smirk on his face which i found highly irritating. poor fisichella--he totally deserved to be 1st. (in kimi's defense, though--he's young...so maybe he just really didn't know how to react in that situation---after all, who would? it WAS a rather awkward/strange one)

overall....i was SO happy that schumy n' montoya didn't finish. >D so much for the 'rain king'! big grin

Member.
hm...

narcil
everyone's "hmm...."-ing me! how rude. >.<

narcil
(and by how rude i mean how frustrating. stick out tongue meanies!!)

Dexx
ofcourse he had this smug little smirk on his face.....he was goofy after the race. Well..he is a lil bit diabolic evil face..just a lil....a good driver no less.

narcil
*lol* yeah, i wouldn't go so far as to say he's a bad driver. i just think that fisichella deserved the win... sad poor guy...

mah
hm..is f1 big in canada?

Dexx
dunno..as big as to have a circuit i guess.

*starts humming* kimi's taking the title, kimi's taking the title

Ushgarak
Why shouldn't it be? It has historic F1 links and don't forget Villeneuve... although everyone else has.

Member.
hm...f1....

Dexx
trying to actually say something there member..eh?

Last season i used to think villeneuve was the most talented in the game..but seeing his evolution now..dunno.
Feling a lil threatened by button i think.

narcil
poor little villeneuve... sad *hugs him* i wish he had a better car. and i wish he hadn't...given up (it sure seems like he has.)

F1 is pretty big, yup yup!! big grin more so in eastern canada, though, where the track actually is. (montreal)

Dexx
yeah...
well..the car has considerably improoved from the last season....
i doubt you want technical detailssmile

Julie
cars?????? huh...I'm so confused....oh now I get it....it ttook me awhile to figure out what f1 was

narcil
it still sucks, comparatively speaking. >.<

julie... *lol*

narcil
(it's ok--most of my friends have no idea what f1 is too. *shakes head* and they're GUYS...it's so much worse!! *lol*)

Dexx
heh..you americanssmile..baseball and nascar, eh?

Fitch
..and some of you Bjork fans...:weird:
As you can see this is my first post in the thread.I'm a McLaren fan!just to be known and I hate.....,......Shumacher!That's about it smile

Ushgarak
Narcil is, obviously enough, Canadian.

narcil
yup-yup!!! *points to I. AM. Canadian!!* t-shirt. big grin *also points to various villeneuve and air canada grand prix gear.* ^____^

Dexx
oh boy, oh boy..one more week till the SM gp...new cars, new cars!

Fitch
yummie.....at least somebody informs us of the events big grin

narcil
*pouts* i won't be able to watch it...i'll be too busy cramming for three finals that come RIGHT after that weekend. >.<

Fitch
after that weekend it's vacancy for me!!!!2 weeks of contiunes plesure....

Dexx
it's actually measured in GPssmile...we grab 2 GPs in one holiday..yippie!

Dexx
pretty boring race overall.
I was sorry to hear abut the schumacher brother's mother.sad

Member.
sad

Dexx
oh christ..totally shitty race this one.
BOTH mclarens out.....grr mad
i couldn't stand another ferrari dominated season. Can't wait for the mclaren new car.

Dexx
last attmept of reviving this thread. sad

Ushgarak
Cars are good... vroom...

I'll ask Narcil to contribute ASAP.

yerssot
how do you mean "last attempt to revive this thread"???? *mad*

I think the season is over again, michael will win again without much sweat
all about the new F-2003 GA :'(

Dexx
No...McLaren is yet to release their new car. The old one (enhaced) prooved efficient on the first tracks. The f-2003 looks really good unfortunatley. And those renault minies are comin strong from behind (alonso at least) Good aerodinamics on that one.

Unfortunatley for you..williams isn't doing well at all this season.

yerssot
I really doubt mclaren will have a good car there, first want to see, then want to believe

the renaults are getting better, yes, getting back to there old gold days is a tad too soon. Alonso is doing well, but only because renault could get the absolute best out of their aerodynamics on those tracks while, ie, BMW took the outside of a turn, they could easily take the more cleaner inside, resulting in faster times

ya, williams isn't doing well, qualifying is a pain for them, racing is even worse, not really the car, because it IS strong, but as they said "some few minor stuff which makes one big problem together"

Dexx
the aerodinamics on the williams car isn't that good. n'or is the fiability.
mneah..who knows...maybe thir luck will change (i hope not evil face )

i hated this last race (u guessed why)......that damn rookie pizzonia...not starting fast enough...crashing kimi mad

yerssot
pizzonia didn't even start, his engine went dead, that's not his fault, nor was it his if the car behind him can jump to the left.
and when that happened, kimi had a big hole to his right, unfortunatly, pizzonia was still standing there

and coulthard hit trulli, he had a good chance of getting out there too, praise yourself a tad lucky

Dexx
bloody ugly race. I'm having high hopes on the new car

yerssot
quite entertaining, nice fight in the end for 5th place
unfortunatly ferrari was AGAIN too good

Corran
You say that like it's a bad thing, us Ferrari fans quite enjoyed it.

narcil
it must be boring, even for ferrari fans, to watch them win, easily, every race...

in any event, i missed the last two races!!!! the one 4 weeks ago cuz i was studying, the one this last weekend cuz i had class on saturday, so sunday FELT like a saturday, n' i slept in!!! >.<!! dang!!! i won't miss the next one, no i won't!! *nod nod*

Dexx
hmm...i won't have McLaren thrown of the first position.
*smacks forehead* Got to do something!

yerssot
they'll get off their first position next race already

Corran
Narcil, this is the first race Shuey has won this season.

yerssot
second

Corran
Apart from the last one yes. I forgot about that.

yerssot
must be the age stick out tongue

Dexx
i know there was a rumour about kimmi passing over to ferrari, replacing barrichello next season. Wich sounds strange, for i didn't know ferrari wants to replace him. And i would ofcourse not aproove this change.
But if it would be true....we would see that there's more to the car in schumy's wins that meets the eye.

yerssot
I doubt this!
Kimmi is the best McLaren driver they have! They won't sell him to Ferrari
(besides, I thought they wanted Alonso?)

Dexx
(who..ferrari?)

depends on what kimi's contract says about how long he has to stay there. After that...maybe ferrari offers more. I dunno. I hope not.

yerssot
yes, ferrari

and I doubt raikonen wants to leave now smile

Member.
hm...f1's are fast and dangerous...

narcil
corran: i know. but they were cases of chance, really...i've never seen schumy have such bad luck b4. it rather pleased me. big grin

incidentally, the renault is looking pretty hot now, eh? i heard alonso got second, ne?

Dexx
yeah....it pleased me too.

I hope kimi doesn't want to leave mclaren also.
But i'm sure he wants to be world champ more than anything...so wich would be the easiest way? You guessed it : a ferrari car.
But he can do it on a McLaren anyway.smile

You'll see. Schummy's engine will get on fire next race and barrichello will slam into him. SO that's both ferrari's out. And the renaults will...hit a bump or something. And the first two positions for my mclarens. Yup...that's what's gonna happen.
I'm even willing to place the williams on 3 and 4big grin

Member.
hm...

yerssot
and you really hope this? stick out tongue

Dexx
i know it.

this geting a tad annoyingwink

Corran
You noticed?

yerssot
F1? yes, from time to time

Dexx
can't there be like a ...mondial vote. 'Who wants schummy out of f1?'

yerssot
impossible

he recently said he will quit the F1 when his car isn't good enough anymore for competition-driving with the top

Dexx
lol...he'll probably be dead and burried when ferrari will have such a car.
But i did hear something about him retiring. Must've been a dream though

yerssot
well, he IS getting older smile

Dexx
well..what is he waiting for. If he'd be smart, he'd retire while he's ahead. And i know he's not stupid.

yerssot
money, I take?

narcil
*lol*

i like dexx's prediction. *G* i'd like it even better if montoya somehow managed to take himself out too. (not his team mate though...ralf is cool! big grin)

Dexx
i like montoya better. But if they can slam into eachother also...fine by me!
I should think he has enough money gathered by now, yerss.
he wants the fame..the bastard.

Corran
Shuey will continue while is still the top driver in the world, his reactions may start to lessn with age but I cannot see anyone else being as good as him for a year or 2. Don't forget Barrichello is a VERY good drive, possibly one of the next best after shuey, yet he still cannot beat shuey in the same car.
shuey is going to be remembered as the best driver of all time.

Dexx
oh c'mon. If all the drivers would have the same car in qualifications...you'd see a major change in the places. In not saying that this should be done.....but he's not THAT much better than some.
And barrichello sure isn't second.

yerssot
reminder corran:
when the F-2002 Ferrari car got out, Schumacher got it first, Barrichelo needed to wait two GPs!

Dexx
the bastard...the nerve!!

Julie
nerve........uh ok

Dexx
well..i know i'm not exactly the spelling god julie......eeh...*puppy eyes & discriminated tone*...i try....*sobs*

Julie
spelling......spelling doesn't count here....( thank goodness)
here have a tissue and a cookie*hands both to dexx*

Dexx
well...*sobs again*..th...thank you. I needed a cookie right now.

Julie
do you like milk.....milk and cookies are always good

yerssot
any updates?

Dexx
yeah..McLaren is still on top. Go Kimi!!

yerssot
wait till next racestick out tongue

Dexx
i will.
it's not like williams have a chance of getting out of the mud anyway.stick out tongue

yerssot
I knew I forgot something!

had to post that the jaguar driver W ...something ... (ya, too early for me today) signed a new 2-year contract with jaguar

Dexx
wilson?...to early to say if he's any good or not.

yerssot
looked it up, it's webber

Dexx
oh..yeah. The little prick.

yerssot
he must be fairly ok if he gets a new contract

Dexx
must be...then again...who else can they get?

yerssot
jos verstappen big grin

Corran
When Shumacher went to Benetton they were not very good, he helpded develop the car with the team because he is such a good driver. When he went to Ferrari they were way behind everyone else, using his superior driving and understanding of driving and the technical requirements of the car he has helped develop it to the point where it is a lot better than everything else including McClaren and Williams.

yerssot
so, we should shoot him?

Corran
the word is praise yerssot, the English for lof is praise.

yerssot
smart
everyday you learn something

Dexx
still..i say shoot himsmile
What doesn it matter THAT much if the competition is ruined?

yerssot
or fixed ...
low expactations about the next race

Dexx
umm..no..mclaren's winning anywaystick out tongue
i've been hearing stuff about bad boy montoya having some speeding problems. stick out tongue

yerssot
well, mclaren won't win!

Dexx
i betcha a waffle.

BUT...montoya won't be driving through france for the next 9 months or so....204km/h??..stick out tongue

yerssot
he mistook the car for his F1 car big grin

Dexx
hey..the french GP will be sooner than 9 months...will they let him drive? evil face

yerssot
ya, of course, why not?

Dexx
his license is suspended. What if a cop pulls him over during the race?

yerssot
they have to keep up with him firststick out tongue

Dexx
they'll...road block him with safety cars...there!

Corran
The F1 drivers do not need a normal road license to be able to drive in an F1 track as it is private ground and is completely seperated from that. So this will not be an issue.

yerssot
true, so there you have it dexx stick out tongue

yerssot
Sunday, the last Austria F1 race in Spielberg will kick off.
In 2004 they will get races in Shangai and Bahrein (I dislike this actually), and they cut european races because of this and of course the stupid tabacads trouble.
The decision is from the retard, named Ecclestone.
Imola, Italy could be the next one on the list ...

oh, and btw ... Montoya got a restriction IN France for 2 months, teh grand prices are no problem

Dexx
i was joking about him not driving, ya know.
Only two moths....i knew something about 6.
ooh...bahrein. Sounds interesting.

yerssot
sounds stupid, they just do it for the money, that's all

Dexx
yes...but new tracks. it might be a good one.

narcil
not missing the GP *this* weekend, that i am most certainly am not!!! big grin big grin

narcil
(after having missed the last two, i mean...) ^_^

Dexx
i don't know if i'll be able to catch this one...hope i will.
(what am i saying...no i'm not..i'm having fun either way)

yerssot
I doubt they will be good Dexx, remember the USA?
looks like nascar, they just added a few turns

Dexx
managed to catch it afterall. Kimi in two...good enough..still a 2 points lead on schummy....BUT ferrari get's first in constructors position.sad
A lot of abandons...and i'm feeling sorry for villeneuve...he can't get a chance to proove he's better than button.
I'm anxious to see the new mclaren car...(more and more) but they say it'll be magny cours at least.
Anyway...monte-carlo's up...and that's my favorite track. The pole position is VERY important.

I've been thinking. I'd love to see alonso at mclaren instead of coulthard from the next season....big grin.
Coulthard's....good...but not enough

yerssot
montoya out, while in the lead sad

and like I said: the championship is over, ferrari wins again sad

imho, if you can't start, don't redo the start, kick the one who couldn't start out!

Dexx
and TWICE, that is.
Well..montoya wouldn't have stayed in the lead..still...bad luck for him. CArs fail at fiability. I hear BMW wants out of williams from next season.

yerssot
haven't heard that one,
why should they? if anything fails it's the engine, and then it should be williams wanting to get away of bmw

Dexx
and get who? i heard the commentators today talking about it. It might be just a rumour...but the team isn't going so good this season.

yerssot
the only good engine out that isn't ferrari is mercedes, but they have an exclusive contract with mclaren, no?

Dexx
yeah, i think so. though i knew something about a tem having an older mclaren engine. I checked but didn't find anything...so yeah..guess so.

Loved to see schummy on fire today. But that could've been really dangerous...

yerssot
yeah, an exclusive contract only is about the newest engines
I mean, there's a team which uses ferrari engines, don't know the team, but they're not good at all

Dexx
yeah..i know about them

yerssot
minardi?

Dexx
no...minardi - Cosworth CR3.
hmm..can't seem to find it.

yerssot
bad choice big grin

heard Jos Verstappen is searching sponsors so mindardi could test in a windtunnel for the first time this season!

narcil
GYAHHHH!!!! villeneuve!!! *tears hair out* why?!!! >.<!!!!

narcil
(re: today's race, that is... *lol*)

Dexx
jos the boss?....the flying dutch man!..what need has he for a wind tunnel?

*whispers* Seriously now...they didn't do any wind tunnel tests this season?

yerssot
because he drives a crappy car? wink

Dexx
yeah..villeneuve lost it a little. Hitting stearing wheel and everything...brrr..the anger *shivvers*

yerssot
well, he did have a lot of bad luck lately

Dexx
that lil prick button!..not bad driving though

yerssot
a few years ago, yes

Corran
Schuey was on fire today, in more ways than one. Go Michael, go.

BlackScorpion
I agree fully Corran, have you seen how his head shook when he saw the fire and how fiery he started again? Like "Not even a fire in my fuel can stop me from taking my victory!" I really liked that thing he did, really came over me like that.

And yes I'm a Shumy fan smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>