Installing error.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
I have a problem when I'm installing Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.
When the game reaches 43% it stops and this note shows up.

Component transfer error.
Component: Game 1.
File group: Game 1 files.
File: D:/Gamedata/Gamedata/Base/assets0.pk3.
Error. Data-error, (CRC-error), Cyclie Redundancy check.

Could anyone tell me what I should do to fix this (if it's possible). I don't understand what the problem is.

TheOnes2
That happened to me. I installed it again and it worked fine

Time Of Evil
Originally posted by kamikz
I have a problem when I'm installing Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.
When the game reaches 43% it stops and this note shows up.

Component transfer error.
Component: Game 1.
File group: Game 1 files.
File: D:/Gamedata/Gamedata/Base/assets0.pk3.

Could anyone tell me what I should do to fix this (if it's possible). I don't understand what the problem is.

The best thing to do is a google search. There is always people who have problems installing games or new programs. You will almost certainly find the solution there.

www.google.com

kamikz
Ok thanks guys.

kamikz
I didn't find anything really. Could you help me to find the missing file by searching there? I would really appreciate it.

Koala MeatPie
I didn't find anything really. Could you help me to find the missing file by searching there? I would really appreciate it.

www.torrents.to

Seeing as how I am oblivious to the fact of weither you have purchassed it or not, I will assume you puechased it.

In which case it is okay for you to obatain your missing file.

kamikz
Yes I have purchased it. Thanks for the link, I'll see how it works.

What am I supposed to do here, can't find anything that seems to fix the problem. (I suck at computers, especially tracking up stuff). Help.

Koala MeatPie
You could always return it.

If it is a problem with the actual files, its not your fault, and you are entitled an exchange, refound might not be possible.

Hit_and_Miss

Short for Cyclic Redundancy Check, CRC is a method of detecting errors in data transmission. A CRC is data that is sent with a block of data, that when received by where the information is being sent to, the CRC can be used to verify if data was all received correctly.

CD issues

If the file is being opened from a CD-ROM it is possible the CD is dirty or scratched causing read errors. If the CD was burned it is possible that it was burned improperly.

Clean the CD-ROM
Re-burn the software

File is bad or program attempting to open the file is bad

Finally, if the file is being opened from the hard disk drive or other media, it is likely that the file is corrupted or the program opening the file is corrupted.

Download the file again.
Reinstall the program being used to open the file
Attempt to open with a different program
If the file is on the hard disk drive, run scandisk / defrag
Assume the file is bad and cannot be recovered

If its from the shop... check the CD for scratches... If its damaged take it back... If not is your CD player old?? could be mis-reading the cd...

Else... Should the cd be non returnable.. wink can you reburn it/redownload it/open the iso on a "fake drive" using demon tools??

Koala MeatPie
Or I could justs end you a good version of assets.pk3 via MSN scince the begining.

But did not want to go through the trouble.

kamikz
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm sure this will help.

kamikz
Hmm nothing has helped yet, and the worst part is that the game doesen't sell anymore where I come from. I haven't seen it anywhere else in a long time either.

Divud
Try buying a cd cleaner and clean the damn thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.