Superman One Million

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
What does Superman 1Million do? What are his abilities? Does anyone have pictures?

The Ion
The sum of the abilities of the Superman Dynasty as displayed by Superman M* is quite impressive. He is capable to travelling faster than the speed of light, he is also strong enough to punch through the time barrier, leap between planets and invulnerable to practically everything. Along with the traditional Kryptonian senses ten new abilities were added to the Dynasty by the marriage of a Superman to Queen Gzntplzk of the Fifth Dimension. These new abilities include techno-rapport (the ability to control computers), limited control of magnetism, genesis level intellect, super-ESP (a form of super-hypnosis), no longer as susceptible to magic, the ability to think billions of different lines of thought at the same time, etc. However all these abilities are dependent on the covenant with Supermen Prime, they are his gifts to give or revoke at will.

Darth Kal-El
thanks, ion.

nate100
Originally posted by The Ion
The sum of the abilities of the Superman Dynasty as displayed by Superman M* is quite impressive. He is capable to travelling faster than the speed of light, he is also strong enough to punch through the time barrier, leap between planets and invulnerable to practically everything.

So, essentially superman one million could literally punch you soooo hard that even your grandchildren would be knocked out?!!

The Ion
Originally posted by nate100
So, essentially superman one million could literally punch you soooo hard that even your grandchildren would be knocked out?!!
He punched 80,000 years into the future in a weakened state. At full power, it's quite possible he could annihilate your entire bloodline with one or two shots. laughing

Avalonofthewind
While that was cool, my favorite was the "psychic rain" he created by rubbing his hands.

((The_Anomaly))
Thats stuff is a little too "Pre-Crisis-ey" for me. I couldn't read it. I'd just think it was dumb. While I love Superman, he is indeed my favorite Comic book hero, and quite possibly my favorite character/ hero ever. I cant stand when he is portrayed as some kind of "demi-god" capable of doing basically anything. Its just to unreal and stupid for me to take seriously and therefore to enjoy.

This is why I DISPISE Pre-Crisis Superman. Even though it was Pre-Crisis Supes I grew up with and made me love the character in the first place. Now that I look back on it, I think "WTF? thats absolutely retarded and makes no sense at all"

So I doubt I could enjoy Superman One Million. erm

ZephroCarnelian
I'm the opposite you see.

For me, Superman is the archetypal superhero and he should always be able to win the day, whether with his limitless powers, his keen mind or his sense of right and wrong - he should always manage to win through.

I love the Pre-Crisis comics as this is how they always show him - the only hero who has enough power to sit back and relax, yet never does - always giving his 110%.

Superman is the Man. cool

((The_Anomaly))
See, but winning the day easily by coming up with some new absurd power that makes no logical sense that the writers just pulled outta their @sses so that Supes could win is just dumb.

He can still win the day logically without some ridiculous power.

This also makes him a much more interesting character. Whats the point of reading the comics if you know that hes just gonna come up with a stupid new power like Anti-Kryptonite-Anti-Planet Destroying eye beams or something.

Not interesting at all, and its just stupid. That was Pre-Crisis Superman. And its the reason they changed him. It was just completely dumb. Supes is an alien, not a god.

ZephroCarnelian
He never came up with new powers. no expression

Just remembered old ones. laughing

Seriously mate, re-read some old Pre-Crisis comics - the writers would more often than not put him in predicaments where he would have to come up with ingenious plans to win the day rather than using super-powers.

smile

((The_Anomaly))
Well first off "ingenious" isn't the best word for the plans he came up with. "Illogical" is more like it.

And I often remember him coming up with new crap in order to deal with situations. Pre-Crisis Superman didn't REALLY have 'set powers'. He just did whatever he had to, even if that meant doing something stupid.

There was once a quote (cant remember by whom) but it was good when referring to the absurdity of Pre-Crisis Superman comics. It went something like: "don't make me bust out the scan of Lex Luthor using orange juice and a battery to travel through time" or something along those lines. Now I don't have the scan, I'm pretty sure it was said in the Versus Forums, but apparently it happened.

The Pre-Crisis Superman Comics were just plain retarded. Cool when I was like 5 years old. But now I'm like "wtf" and just laugh at them.

On a different note, I just noticed the Date Joined has been taken off our info on the side under our avatars, when did that happen? no expression

Femi32
If 1 million is that powerful, how powerful is Superman Prime?

((The_Anomaly))
Prime is more powerful the Pre-Crisis Superman.

Superman Prime is just basically an invincible god.

Knightfall93
then why wont he just go and wipe out earth with his super- dooper heat vision crap thingummy and become a god

((The_Anomaly))
Because he is Superman.

Superman destroying the earth is kinda opposite to what hes usually going for. lol

Like...wtf?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.