The Unpolitical Correct Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
Place to discuss things that aren't political correct but reflect your own views. Enjoy.

Victor Von Doom
You mean politically incorrect. Your title refers to something non-political that is correct.

Bardock42
that said, to point out the stupidity pf this Thread is in my opinion un-politically correct.

Makedde
Everything is politically correct nowadays, with all the do-gooders around. 'Mentally Challenged' instead of retarded, 'Little People' instead of dwarfs or midgets, blah blah...the most politically correct thing that pisses me off is that that old song 'Eenie Meeny Miny Mo' was changed to 'Eenie Meeny Miny Mo, catch a tiger by the toe' when for years (and I remember singing this just 10 years ago at school) it was always '******' not tiger. People who sang that song weren't racist, they sang it that way because it had been that way for years, and years. Now the do gooders don't like it, and had it changed, just as they changed other things.

Snow White doesn't live with 7 dwarves now, because it's an offense to 'Little People', Little Red Riding Hood doesn't get eaten by the wolf because it might scare the children.

I think this thread is a good idea. With all the political correctness nowadays, it's interesting to talk about what has changed. smile

Ieatbabies
I hate that I can't say *** without offending 1236971236 ppl.

I have to say homosexual.

Violet_Byatch
Originally posted by Ieatbabies

Really?

That's weird.

I'm friends with a bunch of gay people. And I call them homos, gays, etc. They don't care as long as you do it jokingly.

Makedde

That's because the word '***' is often used to cause offence. It is a derogotory term, as is the word 'dyke'. I wouldn't want anyone to call me a dyke or a ***, those words are slang, and can offend some people. confused

Darth Jello
so is this just a thread for people to use hate speech and then giggle to themselves?

Eis
Originally posted by Violet_Byatch
Really?

That's weird.

I'm friends with a bunch of gay people. And I call them homos, gays, etc. They don't care as long as you do it jokingly.
He is talking about the word f.ag.

You are an idiot. It's like saying "I hate that I can't say ****** without offending 1236971236 ppl.

I have to say african-american."

Wonderer
In a democratic society with real freedom of speech, anything people say will be technically politically correct, even hate speech and racism.

Punker69
Originally posted by Darth Jello
so is this just a thread for people to use hate speech and then giggle to themselves?

Yeah basically no expression

Darth Jello
yeah well, in an intelligent society, incitements to violence and incitements to panic (both of which are used to justify banning hate speech) are not protected.

Darth Jello
example:
If you refer to me as a K**e, i may be inclinded to "violently" perform some amateur dentistry on you with my heel.

Makedde
Originally posted by Eis
You are an idiot. It's like saying "I hate that I can't say ****** without offending 1236971236 ppl.

I have to say african-american."

I hate that too. I will never call any black person African American. If you were born in Africa and emigrated to the US, fine, but if you were born in America and happen to be black, you are black. There is no such word as 'African American'. Too politically correct for their own good, some people. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Afro Cheese
Being respectful should be something you choose to do on your own. Those who complain about it: don't. Use whatever racial slurs you want, better that we know what kind of person you are up front anyway. Just don't expect to be able to shout out slurs and then still maintain people's respect.

Makedde
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Being respectful should be something you choose to do on your own. Those who complain about it: don't. Use whatever racial slurs you want, better that we know what kind of person you are up front anyway. Just don't expect to be able to shout out slurs and then still maintain people's respect.

I would never do that, ever. I would never use a racial slur against anyone. But I don't understand why blacks complain about being call negros and *******, but allow other blacks to call them the same thing. It perplexes me. confused

Afro Cheese
That would be the other thread. This thread is about being anti-PC.

Makedde
That would be the other thread. This thread is about being anti-PC.

The topic we are on is politically correct. confused

Afro Cheese
What you said is related to PC but we're sorta discussing the same exact issue in that other thread so I figure why discuss it twice?

Makedde
What you said is related to PC but we're sorta discussing the same exact issue in that other thread so I figure why discuss it twice?

Fair enough. What shall we discuss, then? smile

K.Diddy
I think black people are the more racist white people, but it is alway's the white's they make look racist.......

Makedde
Originally posted by K.Diddy
I think black people are the more racist white people, but it is alway's the white's they make look racist.......

I agree with you here. I don't think whites are that racist at all, just that blacks make them appear to be. confused

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Makedde
I agree with you here. I don't think whites are that racist at all, just that blacks make them appear to be. confused

I think White's are a lot more accepting then blacks. There are clubs that you go to and if you are not black you eithier get in a fight or get dirty looks for no reason all night confused The funny thing is it is our country they are in.

DeathByPencil
Looks like a couple of people on their high horses in here "The funny thing is it is our country they are in" etc.

Makedde, I assume you're white? Because I don't believe that someone who might have some idea what racism is about could say something as poorly thought out as "Whites aren't racist at all...", agreed, blacks can be racist, but trying to claim that, basically, blacks make it all up, is ridiculous!

I play alot on X-Box Live, and I've heard more things like "Damn, I hate *******, don't worry about offending a black man on here, they can't afford 360s..." as opposed to something like "Stupid white-ass crackers..."

Back in the real world. myself and my entire family have been subjected to racially motivated attacks, I used to get it at school, overheard my supervisor at work "Make sure you work that ****** hard..", and to this day, still get looks, like I just walked off another planet.

Funnily enough though I am in my own country, I was born here, raised here, so were my parents but hey, I must've come from somewhere else because I'm not white then, eh?

I usually don't distinguish the difference in race, but reading stupid shit like this drives me up the ****ing wall!

Makedde
Originally posted by DeathByPencil
Makedde, I assume you're white? Because I don't believe that someone who might have some idea what racism is about could say something as poorly thought out as "Whites aren't racist at all...", agreed, blacks can be racist, but trying to claim that, basically, blacks make it all up, is ridiculous!

I said I don't think whites are THAT racist, as I don't think blacks are THAT racist. It's only some, that make all look bad. I have experienced racism before, it doesn't bother me. I can understand why it would bother other people, though. wink

DeathByPencil

Depends on what kind of racism you're talking about, if you mean mere words, no, that doesn't bother me, if you mean nearly getting run off the road (while you're on foot) then well, I think there is a reason to be slightly worried..

DeathByPencil
I would never do that, ever. I would never use a racial slur against anyone. But I don't understand why blacks complain about being call negros and *******, but allow other blacks to call them the same thing. It perplexes me. confused

However, you make a good point here, I can see why it can get a little confusing.

What the f**k?

Capt_Fantastic

How sterotypically deep of you. I won't discount the fact that black people have beeen persecuted and subjugated throughtout history, but i will argue the relevance of the desision to do so! Anyone who argures aginst that point is ill imformed. I have spent most of my life with black people. I don't understan their total relegation in this conversation! I know damn well there are a number of blacks on this page.....why aren't you speaking up? If you refuse to based on social norms, then you deserve the fate you get!

Bardock42
I think black people are the more racist white people, but it is alway's the white's they make look racist....... Originally posted by K.Diddy
I think White's are a lot more accepting then blacks. There are clubs that you go to and if you are not black you eithier get in a fight or get dirty looks for no reason all night confused The funny thing is it is our country they are in.

Anyone else see the irony in that one?

botankus
I thought this was supposed to be the "unpolitical correct" thread. That means anyone posting with political correctness is going off-topic.

Victor Von Doom
but it is alway's

Hahaha.

Coming over here, ruining our language.

grey fox
Well apparently thanks to political correctness i can't look at a baby (not even a relative) and go Coochie coochie coo (not that i would , but that was just an example)

They ban the phrase god , Christian and just about anything to do with Christianity in songs , television and most of life. Oddly enough though no other religion has been banned , because we really wouldn't want to offend the chunk of people who are standing around proclaiming that the british should die and that were going to hell....

people in stores can't say merry Christmas.....

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by grey fox
Well apparently thanks to political correctness i can't look at a baby (not even a relative) and go Coochie coochie coo (not that i would , but that was just an example)

They ban the phrase god , Christian and just about anything to do with Christianity in songs , television and most of life. Oddly enough though no other religion has been banned , because we really wouldn't want to offend the chunk of people who are standing around proclaiming that the british should die and that were going to hell....

people in stores can't say merry Christmas.....

Although such stories frequently appear in the hysteria-driven right-wing tabloids, none of the above is really true. Isolated incidents do not equal the general state of affairs.

Raz
Originally posted by Punker69
Place to discuss things that aren't political correct but reflect your own views. Enjoy. This isn't what the GDF is for. Only discussions.

If you want to discuss Political Correctness then use this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.