SilverSpider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 1, Match 8- Scoobless vs. Adam Warlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dizzle
Scoobless

Hermod- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/hermodthor.htm
Thunderstrike- http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=ThunderstrikeBio2.jpg
http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Thunderstrike.jpg
Iron Man- http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/720/page0171jv.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8717/page0187qr.jpg
Charcoal- http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/charcoal.htm

Adam Warlock

Crimson Crusader- http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=365
Turbo- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/GoldenHeroes/Html/Character.asp?UniqueId=121
Captain Britain- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Britain
Warbird- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Portal/2001/profile.htm

Prep is tripled to 3 hours. The empty room also has an antigravity training chamber connected to it that simulates the battlefield. All of this is because...

Location: Asteroid field!!! Lots of big chunks of rock, floating in nothingness. Around the edges of it is a Starfox-style slingshot aura. If one contestant is thrown out, they are gently turned around and pushed back towards the fray. (yeah, no "I blast him away, he flies forever strategy) The whole thing is a massive, rouhgly spherical, about a half mile across. Non-fliers are given magnet boots, so they can stick to the asteroids. Teams start on two particularly large asteroids on opposite sides of the arena.

Oh, and it's assumed everyone can breathe... So they don't need oxygen tanks, but it's still a void. Shut up, physics are mine to alter as I see fit. Now fight!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Dizzle
Location: Asteroid field!!! Lots of big chunks of rock, floating in nothingness. Around the edges of it is a Starfox-style slingshot aura. If one contestant is thrown out, they are gently turned around and pushed back towards the fray. (yeah, no "I blast him away, he flies forever strategy) The whole thing is a massive, rouhgly spherical, about a half mile across. Non-fliers are given magnet boots, so they can stick to the asteroids. Teams start on two particularly large asteroids on opposite sides of the arena.

Oh, and it's assumed everyone can breathe... So they don't need oxygen tanks, but it's still a void. Shut up, physics are mine to alter as I see fit. Now fight!

uh..... what?..... so it's a void and there's no air..... but everyone can breathe? What the f**k?

so Turbo is royally f**ked from the start then? as her abilities rely on air/wind to operate... she's stuck on an asteroid just waiting to be splattered.... that's a plus i suppose

this is one f**ked up setting here man..... sad

stormfront13
is the three hour thing for everyone now, or just these rounds?

Dizzle
Originally posted by Scoobless
uh..... what?..... so it's a void and there's no air..... but everyone can breathe? What the f**k?

so Turbo is royally f**ked from the start then? as her abilities rely on air/wind to operate... she's stuck on an asteroid just waiting to be splattered.... that's a plus i suppose

this is one f**ked up setting here man..... sad

Really? Heh... Fine, take your stinking air. But no gravity! Even easier to assume that people can breathe, I guess...

It's basically an asteroid field with an anti ring out net around it...

Dizzle
Originally posted by stormfront13
is the three hour thing for everyone now, or just these rounds?

Just this fight. I'm just allowing people to adequately master operating in zero gravity. The other fight still only gets 1 hour...

Blair Wind
laughing these settings are outrageous

Scoobless
Really? Heh... Fine, take your stinking air. But no gravity! Even easier to assume that people can breathe, I guess...

It's basically an asteroid field with an anti ring out net around it...

how many asteroids are they.... and how big/far apart are they?

Scoobless
The whole thing is a massive, rouhgly spherical, about a half mile across.

is there a wall? i mean.... is this asteroid field inside a giant sphere?

Blair Wind
well its inside a boundary that no one can cross is my undertanding. So if I throw you or blast you a certain distance (half a mile) you just "bounce" right back (like a wrestling ring where the ropes make you bounce back)

Dizzle
how many asteroids are they.... and how big/far apart are they?

Enough to fill a sphere with a diameter of a half mile...

They're pretty close together, but not so close that anyone's really in danger of being smashed. Unless someone throws one at them, but that's a whole different toolshed. They're of varied sizes. The two starting 'roids (hehe, roids) are maybe 25 yards across, they don't get much bigger than that.

leonidas
stop bitching and start fighting mr 'i won loads of these tournaments already and setting be damned!!'

stick out tongue

for the record -- this is one fight i'm very much looking forward to . . .

Dizzle
Originally posted by Blair Wind
well its inside a boundary that no one can cross is my undertanding. So if I throw you or blast you a certain distance (half a mile) you just "bounce" right back (like a wrestling ring where the ropes make you bounce back)

What he said. If you've ever played Starfox, whenever you try to leave the area, your ship automatically turns around. I was going for something like that. (it wouldn't hurt, it's not physical, but you still can't leave)

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
stop bitching and start fighting mr 'i won loads of these tournaments already and setting be damned!!'

stick out tongue

shaddap..... stick out tongue .... I got my air (which was the main thing)..... now i'm just trying to get a clear picture of the setting

Blair Wind

stick out tongue

cosigned.....now get to it wink

edit: how does having air help you? I thought it helped him...whatever cant wait to see the fight begin.....

Scoobless
edit: how does having air help you? I thought it helped him...whatever cant wait to see the fight begin.....

it does help one of his characters.... but it also has advantages for me as well.... shifty

grey fox

stick out tongue

Same here (the looking forward part , not the bitching part)

thesilverspider
Scoob you nazi bastard better win.................mad

xmarksthespot
so Turbo is royally f**ked from the start then? as her abilities rely on air/wind to operate... she's stuck on an asteroid just waiting to be splattered.... that's a plus i supposeHow altruistic. Sure it has nothing to do with the fact that one of your characters has powers that require combustion...

Blair Wind
laughing I got it when he said it, but wasnt gonna call him out for it.....

dman2008

stick out tongue

Your looking forward to my fight too right? smile
Right? sad sad

roughrider
Scoob - why didn't you pick Hawkeye for your team?? shifty

leonidas
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
How altruistic. Sure it has nothing to do with the fact that one of your characters has powers that require combustion...

that's my scoob . . . big grin

er, of course i am . . . confused

big grin

Sir Whirlysplat
Come on scoobs!!!

dman2008
You bet you are WonderGirl will dominate everybuddy evil face evil face
Happy Dance

Scoobless
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
How altruistic. Sure it has nothing to do with the fact that one of your characters has powers that require combustion...

shifty ......... quit spamming my match

big grin

there's also another reason .... you'll find out if it gets brought up

evil face

Blair Wind
post something dammit, there needs to be a fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me some action in the next twenty minutes before the Super Bowl!!!!!!

Sir Whirlysplat
Come on scoobs!!!!!

Scoobless
Ok... so using the 3 hour prep time my team gets used to Zero-G conditions.... IM has been in space a few times before so adapts fairly easily.... T-Strike has also been in space a few times (as masterson-Thor) so he doesn't have much trouble either... the other two just practice their asses off

My team is a fairly cohesive unit, IM has served as leaser of the Avengers a few times, Thunderstrike has been an Avenger, Charcoal wqas a Thunderbolt so knows how to function as part of a team and Hermod would know Masterson from all the time he spent on Asgard... so he knows to trust IM's lead

Everyone's reasonably skilled at Zero-G after prep so we begin

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

One of my team can't fly (Hermod) so will have to stick to the asteroids (damn you Dizzle :madsmile .... thankfully he's fast as hell and can jump from rock to rock so he will probably make the hardest target out of the bunch

IM is going to make the first move for my team.... he gets sensor locks on the opposing team, puts himself in plain sight and attacks all of them simultaneously with high level repulsor blasts, which are extremely accurate, like so:

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4622/targetlock2fk.th.jpg

Now, before i hear "Warbird absorbs energy" as a defence against this i'll shoot it down

WB can absorb a few types of energy.... and only then if she concentrates.... even electricity, the main source she absorbs from, can be used against her when she's not prepared:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9042/warbirdelectricshock6lg.th.jpg

and she's been knocked out easily by energy weapons as well:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8867/warbirdko2cg.th.jpg

I suspect Captain Britain can take a hit or two (maybe) but Turbo isn't well defended from repulsors at all.... and the Kid with the force fields (Crimson Crusader) will get knocked all over the place

Thunderstrike will follow this up immediately by throwing his mace full force at Cpt Britain.... which is the equivelent of a class 100 smack in the face at high speed

Charcoal will ruch Warbird after this, she has never shown the ability to absorb heat or fire so this may very well kill her, he starts with an Torch-esque flame attack:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4842/cflame031dh.th.jpg

Then grips her with the heat to melt steel and strength equal to her own (class 50+):

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/6505/cheat032qw.th.jpg

(he has a nasty streak sometimes)

Warbird's dead, Briatin's been rattled by T-Strike who continues to pummel him with his enchanted mace

Iron Man then turns his attention to Turbo while Charcoal goes to help T-strike

A full out assault by IM takes Turbo out with no trouble at all

While all of this is going on Hermod has been punting CC around like a beach ball .... never giving him time to regain balance

IM joins T-Strike and Charcoal in kicking the crap out of Cap Britain.... three on one, he goes down hard (Wicked Hard :evilsmile

The only one left is that CC kid trapped inside his own force field.... combined blasting from IM and T-Strike pop it like a balloon and Charcoal punches his head off

smile

Blair Wind
punches his head off? like this? big grin

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=191ac.jpg

quick question: how hot can Charcoal get?

Scoobless
punches his head off? like this? big grin

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=191ac.jpg

quick question: how hot can Charcoal get?

kinda like that, yeah.... big grin

Not sure what his max temp is (it was never mentioned) that scan shows him melting a highly advanced battlesuit.

This one shows him evaporate Hydro-Man in around a second, i know that waters boils off at 100oC (or 365oF) .... but to evaporate Hydro-Man so quickly he'd have to be many, many times that temperature:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4817/cheat027os.th.jpg

Adam Warlock
Ok....

Weird battlefield environment Dizzle, but I can work with it. I haven't been on for awhile on kmc due to me moving. I'm still in process of moving. I just bought a 2400 sq. feet home. Much bigger than my little 1400 sq feet home I used to live in. It's got like 2 acres room for horses and my own water rights. Man I love the country area... Sigh... Oh well, better start with the writing.. But I'll be on at least once a day to fire off theoretical attack scenarios and counters that Scoob will probably come up with.

Prep:

1st hour: They each fly around the simulated battlefield to get a feel of how it is in zero gravity. This time is especially crucial for Crusader. He practices manipulating the gravitons around his teammates to slow his opponents down making them vulnerable to speed attacks. He does it to each teammate one by one while each teammate is flying at full speed. then tries slowing down all of his teammates at once.

Midway through the hour, it's Britain and Warbird turn. Britain practices focusing his force field into a concussive blast and smashing away at car and truck sized asteroids while Warbird concentrates on target practice on the fly. Both of them blasting the crap out of the simulated asteroid rocks slowed down by Crusader.

2nd hour: While Britain and Warbird are blasting away at the asteroids, Turbo uses her visor to track the unique energy signatures her teammates are making while flying at full speed. Iron Man will be lit up like a Christmas tree with a nice big bullseye on him.

Midway through the hour, Warbird and Turbo switch places. Warbird uses her unique powers(a toned down cosmic awareness of sorts) to track and identify energy signatures of her teammates while Turbo practices shooting her force blasts and smashing car sized asteroids with her special turbine punch.

3rd hour: They pair up with each other. One veteran to a pair. Warbird teams with with Crusader. Britain teams with Turbo. They go over various scenarios using simulated asteroid rock as target practice.

Midway through the hour, they sit down to take a breather. All the while discussing who their gonna take out first and battle tactics.

Last 2 minutes of prep, My team raises ther shields and pair up. Britain with Turbo, and Warbird with Crusader.

1. As soon as the match starts, My team splits up and evades IM's high energy repulsor blasts. Those guys in the pic were just standing there. Warbird and Crusader immediately single out and attack Hermod. Ignoring and evading attacks from his team members. Crusader uses his powers to slow Hermod down to a crawl, not stopping him completely, but slow enough to where Warbird blasts him a few times and and finishes him off with a solid roundhouse kick. Sure Hemod is fast, but he probably doesn't have a hide as tough as Thunderstrike's. He's down first. Then they set their sights on Charcoal.

Meanwhile, Turbo and Britain attack their fearless drunk of a leader Iron Man. Britain rushes Iron Man head on, as Iron Man fires off his repulsors at Britain. Britain's forcefield is strong enough to withstand a blast or two from Iron Man. Since Iron Man's distracted, Turbo flying at full speed comes around and delivers a special turbine punch straight to IM's head. Stunned and disoriented, IM flies toward Britain from the impact of Turbo's punch. Britain cranks up and lets Iron Man have it. Whack!!! IM is sent flying towards an oncoming asteroid. The force of Britiain's punch, and the impact of hitting the asteroid puts Iron Man down.

2. Then they switch partners. Due to the prep time, they had already know once their first two opponents were down, they'd immediately switch partners. Britain flies off to confront and hold off Thunderstrike. Turbo, Crusader, and Warbird single out Charcoal. Crusader uses his manipulation of gravitons to slow Charcoal down. Meanwhile, Charcoal is pelted with energy blasts from Warbird distracting him. At the same time, Turbo flies in toward Charcoal and delivers a special turbine punch. Sure Charcoal can alter his density, but he's still tangible. No matter how hard or soft he his, he will feel the turbine punch and possibly be blown away by it. While Charcoal is reeling in pain, Warbird takes advantage of the opening and thrashes Charcoal again. Physical attacks do work on Charcoal. He was easily defeated by Wonder Man. While weakened and stunned, Crusader forms a forcefield around Charcoal. While flying at full speed, both Warbird and Turbo hit the forcefield as hard as they can. Along with Crusader manipulating the force field around him, Charcoal flies towards an oncoming asteroid at a great velocity. Just before Charcoal hits the asteroid, Crusader removes the forcefield. Splat... roll eyes (sarcastic) Charcoal's a pancake.

3. With Britain barely hanging on, His comrades arrive to aid him in the battle with Thunderstrike. Turbo flies around T-strike at full speed, firing off force blasts at him. Warbird does the same as well. All the while Crusader slowing down T-strike to where he isn't able to deflect any of the energy blasts coming in. They pelt him blasts and weaken him to a point where he's to weak to even move. Crusader holds him firmly in place while Britain flies at T-Strike at full speed. Cranking back and wham! T-Strike is out.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Midway through the hour, it's Britain and Warbird turn. Britain practices focusing his force field into a concussive blast and smashing away at car and truck sized asteroids

the bio you gave and this one: http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainbritain.htm, mention nothing about Britain having a concussive blast

Warbird and Turbo switch places. Warbird uses her unique powers(a toned down cosmic awareness of sorts) to track and identify energy signatures of her teammates

since when? I have every Avengers and Iron Man appearance Carol has ever made as Warbird and she has never shown anything like that ability

Meanwhile, Turbo and Britain attack their fearless drunk of a leader Iron Man.

low blow.... and Warbird's twice the drunk Stark ever was ... stick out tongue

inamilist

einstein is spinning in his grave right now sad

LOL

at least both people showed up for this fight smile

King_Mungi
Captain Britian bio:
1. http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=303

Scoobless
Warbird and Crusader immediately single out and attack Hermod.

Turbo and Britain attack their fearless drunk of a leader Iron Man.

well, you're plan seems to be to ignore two of my team completely at the start.... laughing out loud considering Thunderstrike's mace can hit as hard as anyone or anything in this tourney (and Charcoal's no slouch either)that's a huge mistake

Britain's forcefield is strong enough to withstand a blast or two from Iron Man.

Not if he's become the sole target and immediate threat.... full power repulsors can rattle Thor and the Hulk.... and they aren't IM's only option

Iron Man's distracted.......

Iron Man doesn't get distracted in battle, he has onboard sensors and radar that constantly alert him to incoming projectiles or weapon locks

As your guys are ignoring Charcoal and T-Strike Cap Britain receives a knockout blow from TS's mace to the back of his skull and Charcoal bearhugs and fries Warbird from behind

Scoobless
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Captain Britian bio:
1. http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=303

well the bios are currnetly two to one against him having concussive blasts.... anyone got scans?

roughrider
I've never seen Braddock blast anyone.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by roughrider

I don't recall that either, maybe they were talking about when he had the Star Sceptre?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by roughrider

hate to say this it's part of his forcefied effect and he can do this, he used to do it with the staff all the time less after the staff went, but...... he can do it......... Shit am I really clarifying things for a certain person sad I want Scoobs to win, yay come on scoobs!!!!

smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
hate to say this it's part of his forcefied effect and he can do this, he used to do it with the staff all the time less after the staff went, but...... he can do it

well if he can i'd like to see s a pic ... seems most have never seen him do it (without that staff thingy)

Warlock said it was something he could do with his force field.... so i take it that, if it's possible, his force field around himself will severely weaken/dissapear while he's trying to fire.... and with him ignoring T-Strike that makes his mistake even bigger

grey fox
Capt Britain's bio say's his forcefeild can only take a few tank shells before dissapitating ..........

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
Capt Britain's bio say's his forcefeild can only take a few tank shells before dissapitating ..........

yeah, i read that on Marvel Directory too (but the link i posted wouldn't work.... actually didn't it say hits from a bazooka?)

Repulsor blasts are far more powerful than standard military weaponry.... so the force field wont hold up for long

King_Mungi
yeah, i read that on Marvel Directory too (but the link i posted wouldn't work.... actually didn't it say hits from a bazooka?)

Repulsor blasts are far more powerful than standard military weaponry.... so the force field wont hold up for long

"Known Superhuman Powers: (formerly)Captain Britain possesses a number of superhuman powers derived from his mystically enhanced uniform. First, the uniform enhances his strength. Second, the uniform enables him to fly. Captain Britain can fly at a maximum speed just under the speed of sound (770 miles per hour) for prolonged periods of time (until bodily fatigue requires him to rest). Third, the uniform can erect mystical force fields at Captain Britain's mental command. This force field is employed to protect him from atmospheric conditions while flying. It is strong enough to deflect a bazooka shell without deforming or rendering it wielder unconscious from the concussion. (Repeated blasts would weaken the field considerably, and eventually penetrate it. The uniform also enhances Captain Britain's stamina and reflexes to superhuman levels."

grey fox
I can see the fight going like this

ZZZZAP

WHAM

ZZZZAP

Scoob wins

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
I can see the fight going like this

ZZZZAP

WHAM

ZZZZAP

Scoob wins

laughing

If only there was a smilie that described the smell of burning flesh...... laughing out loud

King_Mungi
laughing

If only there was a smilie that described the smell of burning flesh...... laughing out loud

sick

Scoobless
Summary:

Warlock has only one character (Britain) that can put up a fight against Iron Man .... his other characters are too weak and their energy projection is too low to damage him

Unfortunately for him my Secondary character (Thunderstrike) is almost as strong as Iron Man and has energy projection on the same level as him

This means that someone on Warlock's team is going to be vastly overpowered against IM or TS

I don't doubt that Iron Man would win against Cap Britain, but as Thunderstrike can hang with him it frees Iron Man up to take out any other member of Warlock's team .... and quickly at that

I'm not diminishing Charcoal's abilities, but IM would walk through Crimson Crusader, Warbird or Turbo much faster than Charcoal

Hermod is at a slight disadvantage as he's the only non-flier in the fight..... however his Quicksilver-esque speed and reactions mean that his opponents wont be able to keep up with him when he's moving from asteroid to asteroid... with his class 30 strength, any loose rocks he finds (of any size) can be thrown at mach speeds causing tremendous damage to enemies

Charcoal is in Warbird's class for strength, flight and energy projection.... his durability is higher, he can burn anything he touches and he can turn his fists diamond hard with with sharp edges and diamond tipped spikes sticking out across his entire body.... she's outclassed against him

leonidas
i've also never seen braddock project energy -- not since the staff days . . .

scoob DOES seem to have quite an overall power advantage in this fight and i found it odd that aw did indeed sort of leave 2 of scoobs characters alone while his team worked in pairs to concentrate on individual members of scoobs team. as scoob rightly pointed out, the 2 that were left alone certainly won't just be standing around . . . and the fact that aw felt it necessary to double team 2 of scoobs guys is a bit telling, perhaps . . .?

Adam Warlock
Summary:

Warlock has only one character (Britain) that can put up a fight against Iron Man .... his other characters are too weak and their energy projection is too low to damage him

Unfortunately for him my Secondary character (Thunderstrike) is almost as strong as Iron Man and has energy projection on the same level as him

This means that someone on Warlock's team is going to be vastly overpowered against IM or TS

I don't doubt that Iron Man would win against Cap Britain, but as Thunderstrike can hang with him it frees Iron Man up to take out any other member of Warlock's team .... and quickly at that

I'm not diminishing Charcoal's abilities, but IM would walk through Crimson Crusader, Warbird or Turbo much faster than Charcoal

Hermod is at a slight disadvantage as he's the only non-flier in the fight..... however his Quicksilver-esque speed and reactions mean that his opponents wont be able to keep up with him when he's moving from asteroid to asteroid... with his class 30 strength, any loose rocks he finds (of any size) can be thrown at mach speeds causing tremendous damage to enemies

Charcoal is in Warbird's class for strength, flight and energy projection.... his durability is higher, he can burn anything he touches and he can turn his fists diamond hard with with sharp edges and diamond tipped spikes sticking out across his entire body.... she's outclassed against him

Warbird isn't weak. Did you read her bio good? Her base level energy projection is on par with Iron Man. She can absorb various types of energies throughout the elctromagnetic spectrum. Sure she might not be able to instantly absorb energy as it's fired at her. But given time, her toned down version of cosmic awareness will identify the energy and see whether or not she'll be able to absorb it. Just ask Klaw. She practically owned Klaw in New Avengers 15. In that same comic, she also said that Klaw was supposedly able to hit someone with a maximum force equivalent to 3,000lbs of tnt. Klaw's blast knocked her around for a little while, but she later absorbed his energy blasts with relative ease. She can handle herself quite well. She also stalemated Hyperion and withstood his blows in battle for a short while. She could possibly stalemate IM for a short while if they get into a one on one encounter. I say if, because my team will attack in pairs and move like lightning, while your team will be moving with a few tons of gravity slowing you down and are lit up like christmas trees due to Warbird's and Turbo's ability to detect energy signatures and frequencies.

Crusader is physically the weakest, but his manipulation of gravitons and anit-gravitons make up for that. He's like a toned down version of one of your favorite characters Scoobs, Graviton. He will be one of the key players in this battle. He will be using his powers to slow your characters down. That pretty much makes Hermod pretty useless. Like I said, he'll be taken out first.

Then there's Turbo. She'll be zipping around at 2500mph. That'll be pretty fast compared to anyone on your team since they'll have a few tons of gravity slowing them down. She'll be flying around blitzing and stunning your characters with her force blasts and turbine punches which packs a decent wallop.

Hermod will be throwing pebbles at the rate of a turtle. Thanks to a few tons of gravity pulling him down. Hermod in this battle field is practically a useless character. It's like I have a 1 person advantage.

And Charcoal... After IM and Hemod are out, Britain will stalemate and hold T-Strike for awhile, while the other 3 gang up on him. He won't be touching anyone with his fire engulfed body since he'll be encased in one of Crusader's forcefields. Crusader whips them pretty quick and easily. In issue #5 of Clan Destine, he easily encased a grenade blast with one of his forcefields without even flinching. Turbo and Warbird will be playing space volleyball. Unfortuantely for Charcoal he'll be the volleyball.

Thunderstrike is probably your toughest brick, and is why we'll bum rush him at the end.

Adam Warlock
Ahhhhh yes... How am I going to double team Scoobs...? Well that question is fairly easy to anwser. I'll be moving a bit faster than any of his other characters. Sure my characters will be moving around in Zero gravity. Scoobs characters on the other hand will be moving with the weight of a few tons on shoulders slowing them down considerably. Giving me enough time to double team his characters.

Adam Warlock
I'll be back tomorrow. I'm still a bit busy here.

Sir Whirlysplat
Scoobs owns

Scoobless
Warbird isn't weak. Did you read her bio good?

Actually i didn't.... but as I've read pretty much everything she's been in since taking the name "Warbird" i feel I'm pretty much up to speed on her
Her base level energy projection is on par with Iron Man.

no it isn't, it's never shown to be that much
her toned down version of cosmic awareness will identify the energy and see whether or not she'll be able to absorb it. Just ask Klaw.

Toned down cosmic awareness? ..... doesn't exist!

Can you point out the part where this supposed "toned down cosmic awareness" tells her anything?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2033/17vz.th.jpg http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8801/29mw2.th.jpg http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7669/31zk.th.jpg

she also said that Klaw was supposedly able to hit someone with a maximum force equivalent to 3,000lbs of tnt.

She says that she read that on a website..... like the one you heard about the "toned down cosmic awareness" on.... or where Stormfront was misinformed about the Mimic/Hyperion sandstorm incident (no offence SF)
my team will attack in pairs and move like lightning, while your team will be moving with a few tons of gravity slowing you down and are lit up like christmas trees due to Warbird's and Turbo's ability to detect energy signatures and frequencies.

Well the fastest guy in the fight, Hermod, will be flanking you before you have any idea that he's even there, Thunderstrike flies through mystical means that are unaffected by gravity, Iron Man can take a few extra tons and Charcoal managed to fly away from one of Graviton's implosions.... which is a lot more pressure against him than a mere few tons

Unless Crimson Crusader's powers fire omnidirectionally he can only target one of my team at a time, if they do work in every direction then he'll be affecting his own team as much as mine.... he's not a threat in this fight

and can you show that Warbird can detect energy signatures from a distance.... because I'm pretty sure she can't do that
Then there's Turbo. She'll be zipping around at 2500mph.

Way too fast to avoid the hundreds of various sized asteroids.... she takes herself out... smile

next
Thunderstrike is probably your toughest brick, and is why we'll bum rush him at the end.

Which is why ignoring him at the start means he gets a free shot at anyone he likes.... even Britain can't take a hit from him if he doesn't see it coming

Dizzle
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2033/17vz.th.jpg

The real issue here? Holy crap, the dead guard off to the left shat himself. eek!

Klaw is amazing.

Scoobless
The real issue here? Holy crap, the dead guard off to the left shat himself. eek!

Klaw is amazing.

LMAO... laughing i never noticed that (you sick bastard)

although when you die your body does lose any and all bowel control.... pleasent thought, eh?

you see all these films where someone dies in someone else's arms.... what they don't tell you is that the hero just got shat and pissed on by his dead girlfriend

sick

leonidas

Klaw is amazing.

that is brilliant!!!

laughing

about the fight: just how much will the adjusted gravity affect scoob's guys? what are its limits?

Scoobless
about the fight: just how much will the adjusted gravity affect scoob's guys? what are its limits?

Well three of my guys can fly and they all get magnetic boots that let them stick to the asteroids so Hermod can run and jump between them

all in all they wont be at any disadvantage.... IM and TS do have experience in Zero-G... the environment may actually be beneficial to my team

However..... evil face ..... what good are anti-gravitons when there's no gravity? I think Crimson Crusader is going to end up spinning himself around until he barfs and knocks himself out on a stray 'roid

leonidas
hmmm . . .

Scoobless
I also have scans of Warbird getting her ass handed to her by War-Machine ..... I'll post them ..... not exactly Iron man, but it's the closest thing she's fought to him

Lead up: about a week before Tony Stark got jumped by some of Spymasters goons and was almost beaten to death (which is why he'd almost passed out in this fight) his doctors have told him that if he gets into a battle he could die.... then a rogue War-Machine pops up to piss in his beer

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/957/warbirdvswm19wx.th.jpg http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/5518/warbirdvswm26dm.th.jpg

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9065/warbirdvswm34kq.th.jpg http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3680/warbirdvswm46tz.th.jpg

Iron Man ran off to get some gizmo to take WM down quickly and returns in time to save Warbird from becoming very dead (of course the gizmo doesn't work..... but that's not the point)

laughing out loud she punches him as hard as she can and he doesn't even feel it.... laughing out loud

again, it's only a comparison .... but a reasonable one

Khellendros
However..... evil face ..... what good are anti-gravitons when there's no gravity?
Actually, the asteroids (and all other matter) would have gravity. Just not enough, at normal levels, to hold anything to them.

leonidas
Originally posted by Khellendros
Actually, the asteroids (and all other matter) would have gravity. Just not enough, at normal levels, to hold anything to them.

i was gonna say that but wanted to see if adam would have figureed it out. and scoob, i was wondering if you were gonna show that warmachine scan . . .

adam has his work cut out, methinks . . .

Scoobless
and scoob, i was wondering if you were gonna show that warmachine scan . . .

There's another scan of Iron Man knocking Warbird out with one punch..... evil face

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5797/imwb8rg.th.jpg http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3820/imkowb4yt.th.jpg

Wasn't sure if i should include it as Warbird is her usual drunken self in it (though not completely drunk)

smile

leonidas
i actually hated that whole warbird as drunk, arc. but it doe show he's capable of ko'ing her if he gets the chance. i think you've got the power advantge. he's gonna need a good plan of attack to win this . . .

Scoobless
i actually hated that whole warbird as drunk, arc.

I think it was just there for the "Live Kree or Die" story arc.... and for Iron Man to have an occasional co-star from the Avengers

Scoobless
As for Warlock's double team strategy.... well if Iron Man thinks he's outnumbered a round of sonics should tip the scales back in his favour, fairly passive way of putting someone down.... but when they are down ( or stumbling about the place) IM just kicks them hard in the face, WICKED HARD .... cool

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8049/sonics21xk.th.jpg

Or if he's feeling nasty, he just cranks it up:

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/1770/sonics16on.th.jpg

Good thing there's air in the battlefield to carry sonic vibration ...... shifty

Scoobless
Maybe i should add some of this stuff to the Iron Man Respect Thread.... though it might be easier just to re-name this thread the IMRT

cool

leonidas
in marvel, ironman was always my second fave behind thor. i knew that coc2 scene would come out!

phillipan
Scoob you have every warbird appearance? huh

Scoobless
Originally posted by phillipan
Scoob you have every warbird appearance? huh

Well, I have every Avengers and Iron Man comic since the heroes return thing where she finds out her Binary power is gone and she changes her name to Warbird.... Also one or two Captain America comics she appeared in (crossovers)

so pretty much, yeah (though not definitely ALL of them.... she may have appeared in Black Panther or X-Men or something that i don't have)..... and i don't remember one single instance where she shows any ability remotely resembling a "toned down cosmic awareness"

Scoobless
in marvel, ironman was always my second fave behind thor. i knew that coc2 scene would come out!

CoCII might as well have been renamed "Iron Man Shows Earth Heroes And Aliens How It's Done"

though "IMSEHAAHID" isn't quite as catchy as "Contest of Champions"

laughing out loud

leonidas
laughing

Scoobless
I've been giving Iron man the spotlight a lot..... here's a little display of ability from Charcoal:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/286/cversatility03b5xp.th.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/582/cflexability04b7hw.th.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6656/cversatility01b2wp.th.jpg

leonidas
where IS aw, anyway . . .

King_Mungi
Where the hell is everyone? Seems all the people fighting vanish.

leonidas
yah, disappointing last couple rounds to be sure . . .

dman2008
I vote for warlock evil face

Scoobless
no expression

dman2008
no expression
quote: (post)
hmmmm...... vote for DU
wink

Scoobless
no expression

King_Mungi
Wow the way these things are going I say bring back some of the people from the first round. They actually debated.

Scoobless
Wow the way these things are going I say bring back some of the people from the first round. They actually debated.

hey.... there was some debating here.....

P.S. Scoob's team rocks, Warlock's team sucks

big grin

King_Mungi
hey.... there was some debating here.....

P.S. Scoob's team rocks, Warlock's team sucks

big grin

Well I'm bias since I don't like you, so no matter what you said I was still going to vote Warlock

I kid...I kid.

Scoobless
Well I'm bias since I don't like you, so no matter what you said I was still going to vote Warlock

I kid...I kid.

...... Thunderstrike is Canadian ... no expression

King_Mungi
...... Thunderstrike is Canadian ... no expression

What? no he isn't.

Scoobless
What? no he isn't.

........ he is ........ no expression

King_Mungi
........ he is ........ no expression

Liar....
1. http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Thunderstrike.jpg

Scoobless
Lair....
1. http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Thunderstrike.jpg

................ I meant Charcoal................... shifty

Scoobless
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/charcoal.htm ...... "Unknown" is USA talk for Canada

shifty

Blair Wind

yes

big grin

roughrider
Looking good for Scoobless so far. He has my vote at this point.

dman2008
Okay everyone I change my vote to Scoob

leonidas
scoob's the man so far . . .

King_Mungi
Where the hell did Adam Warlock go?

leonidas
confused

people have been known to disappear around scoob in the past . . . was aw drinking a beer the last time he was seen . . .

shifty

Blair Wind
scoobs gets my vote....

King_Mungi
I guess I will add my judge vote for Scoobless, since his plan seems more practical and backs up his plans with compelling points. Shame really Warlock vanished, since he did have a chance.

Scoobless
Vote For Scoob!

cool

Scoobless
http://unitedstatesofbatman.ytmnd.com/

http://batmanspeechtotext.ytmnd.com/

batman

phillipan
Vote For Scoob!

cool

Must vote scoob!
droolio

Ethereal
scoob gets my vote

DarkCrawler
Voting for Scoob.

stormfront13
i'm voting for scoob

Khellendros
Well, jeez, since Adam has made, what, two posts? in this thread I've got no choice but to vote for Scoob. Why the hell did these people sign up for this tourney if they weren't going to have time to spare?? It's not just the new people either, this makes two tourney veterans now who've basically done jack and shit.

Dizzle
Match closed. Scoob wins, through excessive use of the Hypno-Picard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.