The Shinigami Whom Ganju Met - Bleach Fan-Fic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

QuincE
Originally I wanted to do an Ishida fic. then suddenly got the urge to write a fic featuring Ichimaru Gin and Matsumoto's relationship. I had trouble deciding between the two, and for some reason, while I was listening to the theme from bleach "Never Meant To Belong" was reminded of the powerful scene in which it is revealed that Rukia, of whom he was fighting to save, was actually the same shinigami who killed Ganju's own elder brother. That was such an excellent moment in the show, and thus I've decided to write a fic in which the shiba family first finds out that Kaien is dead, and the subsequent funeral. Please give some feed-back as this will probably be a few chapters long.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ganju had been waiting outside. He had finished his supper, and was sitting quietly on the steps of his home. It was getting rather late, but he didn't want to go inside just yet. His brother had yet to come home for the night. The sun was gone, and if you listened carefully, you could hear the high-pitched chirping of the crickets.

His brother was with the other shinigami. And with his wife- ganju's sister-in-law. Usually Kaien was finished with his death god work rather early, so Ganju was a little on edge of his brothers slow return. His sister Kukakku was inside, probably sleeping. She was older than he was, but had a real firecracker personality.

Waiting with his chin in his hands, he heard someone approaching down one of the paths. Ganju smiled and hoped to greet his brother, but instead, his friend Hidomaru was waving to him. He had a big round ball in his hand.
"Hey Ganju-San! Want to play a night-game?" He asked gesturing with the ball.
"Not now Hidomaru! Kaien is supposed to be coming home soon!" He yelled to his friend. Hidomaru gave a bit of a sad face, then waved back
"Suit Yourself buddy!" He said as he ran back to the group of friends who had just come into view. They had all waved at Ganju, who in turn waved back, and then they disappeared back where they had come from. After fifteen minutes, Ganju got up. Kaien probably just had to work late, and stay at the gotei-13 complex over night. He was about to go back inside, when he felt something tugging at his pant-leg. He looked down and saw his pet boar - Bonnie.

"Not now Bonnie it's late." Ganju said irritably. But the boar kept tugging. His sister Kukkaku was distraught when she first found out that the pet Ganju wanted was a boar. And was even more irritated when he insisted on calling it "Bonnie." Kaien had laughed it off when he found out, and even bought a big pink bow to put on the boar. Ganju smiled at the memory. "Sister sure was pissed aye bonnie?" He asked his small friend. The boar grunted in response. "Well...I guess we can play for a few more minutes- but not too long Bonnie, Kaien would get upset if he knew we were out so late." He said as he ran towards the woods, his pet running alongside him.

They had ran around the woods, playing hollows and shinigami for several minutes, when Ganju finally got too tired and plopped down onto the grassy ground. He laughed as Bonnie tackled him and began kissing his cheek. "Enough Bonnie Enough!" He laughed pushing her off. He sat up and Bonnie lay next to him. He looked over to the path they had taken to get into the woods that lead back to their home, and figured it was about time to get going home. "I wonder if Kaien-niichan is back yet." Ganju said standing up. He brushed himself off and began to walk homeward bound when he heard rustling in the bushes nearby. Bonnie grunted noisely, and Ganju turned to look at the hidden passerby.

"Who is it?" Ganju asked getting slightly nervous. He waited in the open area, and decided maybe he would investigate the noises. He ran through the brush, and made his way to another woodland opening. By this time it was fully dark outside, save for the light of the moon and the stars. He could only make out two shapes in the darkness. He came closer to them, and then he saw her. A girl. A very sad girl. A very sad girl with shinigami clothing. She had dark black hair, and very sad eyes. The thing that disturbed Ganju the most was the blood on her face...and the blood on her sword...and the second shadow that was crumpled on the ground. Ganju stared at her, scared wit-less. Death-Gods only kill hollows, and hollows don't bleed. Who was on the ground. He somehow found himself coming closer to the girl and her victim. She said nothing, but looked toward the ground.

Then he saw who the second shape was. "K...Kaien-Niichan...." Ganju choked, as he began to cry. His brother lay slain on the ground. The girl still sad, stood in place, unmoving.

"Did...did you kill my brother? Are you going to Kill Me???" Ganju asked frightened.

"Yes, I killed your brother." the girl said. She was sad. Almost as sad as Ganju was.
"Why?" Ganju asked as he fell to his knees. "Why did you kill him? He's a shinigami too!" Ganju said as he began to cry.

But the female death god turned and walked away, leaving the corpse and Ganju alone in the darkness. She didn't want to explain herself. Ganju held his dead older brother, in his arms, blood on his hands, and wept openly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this is any good, I will definitely continue. Coming up, Kukkaku, Ganju's sister, finds out about her unfortunate brother. As well as the identity of the shinigami who killed him. Featuring several of the shinigami from The show.

Your thoughts?

QuincE
...I'm a tad bit upset.

Mønkey
wow I love it!

please write more!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.