May

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LizzyT123
I thought this movie May was awesome. One of the best artsy horror films I've seen in a REALLY long time. What are your guy's thoughts on this movie? (I did the search thing for similar threads, and couldn't find any like this.)

Wolfie
I can't believe there wasn't a thread on this before.

I love it, it's a modern creepier Frankenstein.

LizzyT123
yeah, but the "Frankenstein" monster really doesn't have a role, sadly, but it made me cry so hard, at the end.

MildPossession
Very underrated horror, excellent film. Enjoyed it a lot.

Impediment
A VERY underrated film. Subtle, yet horrific. Personally, I think that May is cute. wink

allofyousuckkk
it made me cry, i have a place in my heart for all the unloved people, especially when her doll broke!!!ahHH!!!!

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Impediment
A VERY underrated film. Subtle, yet horrific. Personally, I think that May is cute. wink

aww, you saying that is cute! smile

LizzyT123
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
it made me cry, i have a place in my heart for all the unloved people, especially when her doll broke!!!ahHH!!!!

man, I was crying so hard at the very end! It was so sad, yet sweet. She finally was happy.

Wolfie
When she curls up with that big smile, one eye going this way, the other going that way. Awwww.... smile

jenzie
that film scared me ..... and that's saying something
*brrrrrr*

BackFire
One of the absolute best horror films I've ever seen. I think there's a thread somewhere, but it can't be searched for because the title "May" is too short.

Anyways, great movie, great acting and directing, it's everything a good horror movie should be. Frightening, disturbing, thought provoking and with a message.

I think the scariest thing about the movie, and the story, is that all of it could have been avoided by simply giving her the slightest of genuine affection and acceptance. The ending is incredibly haunting and poignant and makes this glaringly obvious.

LizzyT123
Yeah, I think the scariest thing about May, is that its realistic. It could happen, no matter how strange it is. And that makes me feel so bad, for the people who are less fortunate just by the way they look, that they have no friends.

Rafkins_Warning
I SO loved May... great film, it also made me cry... and I agree, she is so adorably cute!

BlackSunshine
I love this movie! Its like you really feel sorry for her in the beginning. Then you realize she such a badass ***** its f*cking crazy!!!

Impediment
I wouldn't necessarliy call May a "bad ass" as much as "mentally unbalanced individual with severe emotional problems and homicidal tendencies". I think that the overall moral of the story is that negative outcomes can be avoided if you just show a little respect, and even a little love. BTW, I had to explain to a few of my non-horror friends, whom I made watch this movie, that the very end scene was in May's mind, and not real. I'm talking about when her creation, "Amy", puts it's arm around May and lovingly strokes her head as if nothing else matters.

BlackSunshine
well yeah maybe you're right. I guess I shoulda said that if I had even half the brain you do obviously. LOL AND I didnt know about that end part. Glad to know that now big grin

Wolfie
I don't even remember that part. laughing out loud

That's a sign that I need to watch it again.

slayer
One of the few horrors to bring a tear to my eye..

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Wolfie
I don't even remember that part. laughing out loud

That's a sign that I need to watch it again.

You don't even remember that part!? What!? Thats like, the best, saddest part of the movie!

Wolfie
I'm watching it again right now 'cause I don't remember enough of it.

I gotta say, my favorite part of the movie is when they're watching the movie where the couple are eating each other. laughing out loud

Impediment
What the hell was up with that guy's ridiculous looking hairdo??? What was his name? Blank, I think? The guy who had the arms that May loved.

LizzyT123
What the hell was up with that guy's ridiculous looking hairdo??? What was his name? Blank, I think? The guy who had the arms that May loved.

I dont' know what his name is either, but his hair was pretty damn weird. He's in the movie Donnie Darko as Frank too smile

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Wolfie
I'm watching it again right now 'cause I don't remember enough of it.

I gotta say, my favorite part of the movie is when they're watching the movie where the couple are eating each other. laughing out loud

Yeah, the Jack and Jill film was pretty sweet.

I have to say I love the silly little quotes, like, "Do you like pussy?"
"what!?"
"Pussy Cats!"

or like, when May's co worker has another girl at her house, and May gets sad because of that, and the other girl tries to talk, and the coworker just cuts her off-"Shut up hooker!" smile

Impediment
I was bored and I made a sig of May. I think its okay.

LizzyT123
I was bored and I made a sig of May. I think its okay.

I think its pretty cool. But I really did like the Rocky Horror Picture Show one you made smile

LizzyT123

Blank.....hmm, not sure. But the guy who had the hands was Adam....DUDE, Adam's last name is Stubbs....hahahahahaha!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.