What factors shape your identity?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyber Ninja
What plays a great role. List things like where you live,family,friends,school. What had the affects on you in the past that made you who you are today. Say what and explain how it did it(you don't have to get to detailed if you don't want too)

Alpha Centauri
Are we just naming people or any factor in everyday life?

-AC

debbiejo
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
What plays a great role. List things like where you live,family,friends,school. What had the affects on you in the past that made you who you are today. Say what and explain how it did it(you don't have to get to detailed if you don't want too) For me it's been the experiences I've gone through. Every experience shaped something.........Oh, and books.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Are we just naming people or any factor in everyday life?

-AC Anything really. It could be a tree in your backyard that you loved.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by debbiejo
For me it's been the experiences I've gone through. Every experience shaped something.........Oh, and books. What kind of books ? eek!

joeykangaroo
experiences, people,does films count

WrathfulDwarf
Read my siggy....that's pretty much me. wink

debbiejo
What kind of books ? eek! Totally nonfiction....rearly fiction types....I guess it's been mostly religious studies along with science..........I like to read mostly about the cutting edge sciences and just love history.

Capt_Fantastic
Anything really. It could be a tree in your backyard that you loved.

Well, I've never been influenced by a tree, but there was a potted fern in my grandmothers library that really changed the way I look at life. Oh, the conversations we used to have! She really changed my life for the better. We used to discuss how rude I could be to the other house plants and it really made me reconsider how I treated others. Well, one night, over a bottle of pinot grigio things got kinda heated and I ended up sleeping with her. Well, needless to say, things changed between us after that night. Isn't that always the way? You sleep with a friend and things get messy. We kept in touch for a few years after that, but we never really had those deep, heartfelt conversations we used to have. You know how it is. We would avoid each other in the halls, exchange nervous looks whenever my grandmother was in the room, etc. Not long after that, my grandmother replaced her with a large cactus. I never saw her again. The cactus just wasn't suitable dinner company, he was very cold and never had much to say other than to complain about how cold it was. But, I never forgot that fern. I still think about her from time to time, and I smile.

Fishy
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Well, I've never been influenced by a tree, but there was a potted fern in my grandmothers library that really changed the way I look at life. Oh, the conversations we used to have! She really changed my life for the better. We used to discuss how rude I could be to the other house plants and it really made me reconsider how I treated others. Well, one night, over a bottle of pinot grigio things got kinda heated and I ended up sleeping with her. Well, needless to say, things changed between us after that night. Isn't that always the way? You sleep with a friend and things get messy. We kept in touch for a few years after that, but we never really had those deep, heartfelt conversations we used to have. You know how it is. We would avoid each other in the halls, exchange nervous looks whenever my grandmother was in the room, etc. Not long after that, my grandmother replaced her with a large cactus. I never saw her again. The cactus just wasn't suitable dinner company, he was very cold and never had much to say other than to complain about how cold it was. But, I never forgot that fern. I still think about her from time to time, and I smile.

lol laughing

Anyways can we really answer this question everything we experience changes our live in one way or antoher.

BobbyD
Cyber, I think you listed 4 of the biggest ones in your initial thread....and they're pretty much self explanatory.

LordFear
I think this question can be answered mostly by our opinion about nature vs nurture. I did a paper on it for psychology class and my conclusion was the same as what I had believed before doing research and that is both play a significant part in shaping ones identity but simply put nature is the potential rather than nurture being the actualization or not of said potential. For example, a baby might be born with an above IQ but if that abilitiy is not nurtured in the proper environment, the chances for that potential to actualize itself is minimal

redcaped
Place

Quiero Mota
family+my autoshop+ my cars= my life and what I care about.

princegoku
Family, experiences, willpower, my books and the stuff i like

Roulette
People have always had the biggest affect on me. My family, friends and others have made me the person that I am today. When I was younger I was always walked over, I never stood up for myself. Certain experiences with people have given me a stronger backbone, and as much as I hated those times, I am still damn grateful for them, because I know that my life would be a lot harder if they had never occured.

botankus
Chicken Wings!

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
Chicken Wings! laughing out loud

On the spicy side. happy

grey fox
Life influenced me to becoem the angry, angry person i am today......

debbiejo
I'm happy.. happy Must of been all those drugs......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.