Question about the Sarlaac

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faroth
In RotS, either Bib or Threepio say that when you are eaten by the Sarlaac, you are painfully digested over the corse of 1,000 years. Wouldn't they die of starvation in a matter of a few days?

*Puts on my bash shields*

Ogami Itto
I've thought about that too!! how did they find out??
was it an ongoing experiment by teams of scientists lasting 1000+ years?? laughing out loud

Faroth
Sarlaacs were probably studied by creatures with similar lifespans as Yoda.

henniestevens
If you throw a creature who doesn't need anything to feed himself, and who can reach the age of 1000 years, in the Sarlacc. I bet in his belly, he will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as he is slowly
digested over a thousand years. Creatures who need food or die at a younger age would be dead at a earlier stage...

Faroth
I know that, but they said it to Luke and Han, who do need to feed themselves.

Tangible God
The victims's kept alive by feeding tubes that are forced into the victims digestive system. Like one hand washing the other.

Faroth
... How do you know this?

Mišt
It was in a book somewhere, when Boba escapes...cant remember what it was called.

JaehSkywalker
try to.... i want to read it...

KENobi™
Unofficial Encyclopedia Entry

Ushgarak
The odd thing was... it was just a piece of hyperbole used tot alk up the Sarlaac. It really didn't need any analysis.

KENobi™
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The odd thing was... it was just a piece of hyperbole used tot alk up the Sarlaac. It really didn't need any analysis.

True.

I always just assumed that whoever falls into the sarlacc is kept alive long enough to endure the pain of the 1000 year digesting, like the sarlacc kept them alive past even when natural death would occur.

Kabia
Can u stay alive for 1,000 years or your 100 years enduring pain and torture? I would swallow my tongue :P

KENobi™
Originally posted by Kabia
Can u stay alive for 1,000 years or your 100 years enduring pain and torture? I would swallow my tongue :P

I dunno, it was my youthful enthusiasm that at least wanted the Sarlacc to be that cool to torture victims. laughing out loud Probably die of natural age though.

Kabia
Yea natural age would take most ppl but i would be like " HELP GET ME THE FUDGE OUT OF HERE NOW YOU PIECE OF CRAP!"

errr random out burst

Kabia
edit- my bad

KENobi™
Originally posted by Kabia
Yea natural age would take most ppl but i would be like " HELP GET ME THE FUDGE OUT OF HERE NOW YOU PIECE OF CRAP!"

errr random out burst

Wouldn't most people have guns anyways? I mean they are on Tattooine. The teeth facing inwards can't really hurt em going in. That beak doesn't count because that was shitty SE stuff.

nate100
Does anyone have a picture of a sarlac that hasn't buried itself into the sand? I just think it would be interesting to see what it actually looks like.

KENobi™
Originally posted by nate100
Does anyone have a picture of a sarlac that hasn't buried itself into the sand? I just think it would be interesting to see what it actually looks like.

I don't think there IS a picture of one.

Twilight Janick
His corpse may be digested for a thousand years but the person will die of starvation and water shortage within a week.

Tangible God
If he's dead he won't be experiencing 1000 years of pain now will he?

Cascador
yeah altho the EU source how they stay alive can't be considered canon...there must be a reason why they suffer from pain for a 1000 years...

Tangible God
Because the Sarlaac uses whatever the Hell it has to keep a life alive that long.

willman
maybe HELL is inside the sarlacc and the person is already dead. heres sumfin i found. i dunno if its even a sarlacc at all. but i always fout that they would be like those huge asteroid worms.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.