Would Superman make a good Villian?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Super Kal El
Could Superman forsake all his morally good traits and become a Super Villian, do you think with all his powers he would be an effective bad guy?

Or would some other hero pawn him with Kryptonite? Although it goes against all facts and personality of Superman would he be an effective long lasting Villian?

If so who would be his arch enemy then? SuperGirl? Bat-God?(aka Batman)

I think yes depending on which Superheros he takes out first, Bat-Gods then the Flash and he'd be safe to do his evil deeds evil face

Well what ya think?

Eagerly awaiting to be flamed Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Draco69
Yep. Read Superman: Red Son. Or you can read JLA: Earth 2 for an evil version of Superman.

((The_Anomaly))
I think he'd make a kick ass bad guy. Cept, who could fight him and beat him on a regular basis?

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I think he'd make a kick ass bad guy. Cept, who could fight him and beat him on a regular basis?

Captain Marvel is the only person who springs to mind who'd be a good foil for him.

Knightfall93
Green Lantern is as powerful as his will so basically... he could probably beat Supes in a real bad ass fight but Kal is TOO moral and he's hardly an veil, or good, genius, so he'd be a shit bad guy!

ZephroCarnelian
Nope.

You ever read Kingdom Come? The bit where the nuke goes off and all the other superheroes/villains are vapourised...

And Clark is the only person left....

He's about to destroy everything when Spectre and the Pastor appear to stop him.

He was scary in that.

Same in Red Son.

When he was going all out in that, he defeated (admittedly raw recruits) dozens of GLs in an instant and floored Diana and the Amazonian army (not raw recruits) with no effort.

He'd make an awesome villain given good motivation...

The Ion
Read Kingdom Come again. Alan Scott survived the nuke and shielded half the battlefield from it as well.

And seriously, the Green Lantern MARINE Corps led by Hal Jordan and Lex Luthor who had their rings for a few weeks in which time they mostly pissed themselves in fear is hardly valid.

Yarr
In reality if superman was created as a villian he would have been killed in that same issue.

Someone would have learnt his weakness and killed him. Batman probably would have figured it out, made a Kyrptonite coffin and put him in it.

Or something that seems cheesy like that.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by The Ion
Read Kingdom Come again. Alan Scott survived the nuke and shielded half the battlefield from it as well.

And seriously, the Green Lantern MARINE Corps led by Hal Jordan and Lex Luthor who had their rings for a few weeks in which time they mostly pissed themselves in fear is hardly valid.

I know mate. But half the battlefield? He saved ten people, maybe less.

And I said the Raw Recruits. Did you not read what I said? Stop being so pedantic.

The Ion
I read what you said. Maybe you should have worded your post better rather than saying Clark was the only one left when Alan, Batman, WW and others also survived.

Red Son, quite frankly, isn't valid for any debate.

Fanboy
Hell ****in yeah he would make a good villian but here is the real question how many heroes would he kill?

Super Kal El
"Hell ****in yeah he would make a good villian but here is the real question how many heroes would he kill?"

All of them -

Happy Dance

ZephroCarnelian
I read what you said. Maybe you should have worded your post better rather than saying Clark was the only one left when Alan, Batman, WW and others also survived.

Red Son, quite frankly, isn't valid for any debate.

What debate??

He's asking if Superman would make for a good villain.

I gave an example of where Superman was made out to look like a villain! big grin

Where is there any question of anything being considered 'valid' for anything in this thread? It's not a versus thread where one needs to consider whether such and such a power is 'valid' for the fight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And as far as Clark was concerned, he thought everyone was dead. Hence he flew off to kill. That was the only necessary part of my sentence. The fact that other people did survive was irrelevant to what I put as I was just trying to put across why Supes had flown off in a rage.

There seriously is no reason for people to be so picky with other people's words on this forum other than sheer boredom.

So just try to be a little more forgiving with other people's sentences okay? smile

((The_Anomaly))
I'd put Supes up against any of the major heroes in DC. Supes is badass when hes pissed off. He would give anyone in DC (minus the uber people of DC) a good beating if he went all out.

And as a villain he would essentially always be pissed off to some degree. Nor would he hold back in order to 'not hurt people'.

Superman as a villain, well written would be pW3n1ng teh 0th3r DC's like n00bs!!!1 IMO.

lol

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Superman as a villain, well written would be pW3n1ng teh 0th3r DC's like n00bs!!!1 IMO. lol

yes laughing

Sounds about right.

Remember when Conner decimated the Titans when he went mad, breaking Robin's arm, ripping Cyborg apart etc etc...?

Clark is faster, stronger and more experienced than Conner by a long way... he'd be a very scary prospect. smile

((The_Anomaly))
Good ol' Kon-El is nothing compared to the real deal.

Supes will pWen j00 all like n00bs!!!111

laughing out loud

But seriously. It would take a lot in order for the other DC's to stop Superman if he was a villain and pissed off. A good huge lot.

Knightfall93
Like... a tiny fragment of "kryptonite"? Or Ion?! Lots of peops could beat him!

FistOfThe North
narrow multiple choices there, eh..(No, he'll get pawned) lol. another anti-supes thread. But this question is like asking can you see the nerdiest dork on earth being the most sexiest lady killer on the planet that all women fall for instantly. lol. It's like "possibly" but I can't see it. Like I can't imagine it. haha.

Anyway, I can't picture Supes as a villain. I've seen his evil version but I can't imagine Superman, the badguy. I've been so use to seeing the opposite of that my whole life. He's the Ultimate good guy. Even though as a bad guy he'd own all with him not giving a fcuk cause if he went berserk, I'd be over for all heroes and other villains alike in DC.

But evil Supes..Nah. Dunno why. It's like he's the perfect opposite of a villain more than any other comic superhero would be,

haha makes sense?

Knightfall93
Yep. it's like me turning into a good guy! MUAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA

Xirius
If he was that evi, kryptonite would be used to kill him.
Batman would plan how to do it. Wonder Woman, MM and Flash would act it out.
Bye bye Evil-Supermanwavey

Knightfall93
I think the played a BRILLINAT move in turning WW to a killer, if they dont say he actually never died or some crap...

redcaped
He would destroy the world in less than 10 hours.

Drache53
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
narrow multiple choices there, eh..(No, he'll get pawned) lol. another anti-supes thread. But this question is like asking can you see the nerdiest dork on earth being the most sexiest lady killer on the planet that all women fall for instantly. lol. It's like "possibly" but I can't see it. Like I can't imagine it. haha.

Anyway, I can't picture Supes as a villain. I've seen his evil version but I can't imagine Superman, the badguy. I've been so use to seeing the opposite of that my whole life. He's the Ultimate good guy. Even though as a bad guy he'd own all with him not giving a fcuk cause if he went berserk, I'd be over for all heroes and other villains alike in DC.

But evil Supes..Nah. Dunno why. It's like he's the perfect opposite of a villain more than any other comic superhero would be,

haha makes sense?

The question is "do you think Superman would make a good villain?", not "can you picture Superman as a villain?"... Stop thinking everyone who says Supes can be beat is anti-superman.

I think he would make a great villain, all things considered.. He's one of the most badass superheroes out there, so if he became a villain, he'd be a badass villain.

Femi32
Drache, that sig is unnecessary. I know Supes can be beaten by a lot of people.

Drache53
big grin Then this sig isn't directed at you. It's directed at people who say: "Superman can beat God!!! He pwns ALL!!! He's never been beaten by ANYONE.." Like I've said many times before, I have no problem with Supes, just Supes fanboys. And I think it's actually kinda funny, as do many other people.

Femi32
Goku fanboys are worse. They think he can destroy the universe.

FistOfThe North
Some of the people on this thread have got to be the most funniest posters on here.

They're just way out there in a league of their own, lol.

Super Kal El
LMAO love that Sig, I agree some fanboys go too far and ruin a character for themselves and others by constantly agruing about who would beat who. The sigs here truly are awesome to be able to poke fun at a superhero we follow and laugh just shows not all people take life so seriously.

GODOFALL1
He was a villian.....in Superman III when he had the kryptonite with the tar. He was mean as hell, and a great drunk. lol

Knightfall93
???? I never seen S3...

Xirius
He was originally created to be a villain. But when his creators sold the rights to the character, he was made into a hero.

Femi32
Originally posted by Xirius
He was originally created to be a villain. But when his creators sold the rights to the character, he was made into a hero.

This is true. He was originally a bald man set to take over the world. When that didn't work, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster created the Superman who could only run at 30 mph, jump a skyscraper, was as strong as Spider-man, was invulnerable to anything under a cannon shell (he could be hurt by bombs), and had no vision powers.

Knightfall93
Holy shit! He was a weakling... I love it!

redcaped
Punched the oil tank! stick out tongue

The Ion
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
What debate??

He's asking if Superman would make for a good villain.

I gave an example of where Superman was made out to look like a villain! big grin

Where is there any question of anything being considered 'valid' for anything in this thread? It's not a versus thread where one needs to consider whether such and such a power is 'valid' for the fight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's pretty simple. Someone says Green Lantern can beat Supes, you respond by saying no and then give the example of KC and Red Son. Then I called into the question your incomplete KC example and the validity of Red Son. The first statement and your response made it into a versus type of post.

Super Kal El
What is so good about Lantern? forgive me but I havent really followed The Green Lantern, do they have Kyrptonite rings? hmmmm

Madguitarist
Originally posted by Super Kal El
What is so good about Lantern? forgive me but I havent really followed The Green Lantern, do they have Kyrptonite rings? hmmmm

Their rings collect willpower from every living being in the universe and converts it into energy. Then that energy is used by the Green Lantern wearing the ring. If a Green Lantern has enough willpower they can make the ring do pretty much anything they want.

Knightfall93
ANYTHING! As Ion, Kyle is virtually a god!

Etrigan
Ha! Evil Superman would be owned within the first 5 minutes of his career. If roles were reversed between Batman and Superman, look at what happened in Red Son. Superman only survived Batman's strategic attack because he managed to talk Diana into saving him.

Batman could take him, given enough preparation. Though if Supes was evil, he probably would have motion to kill, and that would be bad for Bats.

Even so, Bruce could beat him.

ZephroCarnelian
It's pretty simple. Someone says Green Lantern can beat Supes, you respond by saying no and then give the example of KC and Red Son. Then I called into the question your incomplete KC example and the validity of Red Son. The first statement and your response made it into a versus type of post.

Weirdo.

I did not at ALL say that Green Lantern couldn't defeat Supes. Point to where I did. I dare you.

I hadn't even read that post at all - I was simply stating times when Superman has been portrayed as a badguy.

For example: after the nuke, Superman went ape. He was scary then.

Likewise in Red Son, when he took out the - and I PUT if you had bothered to read - 'admittedly raw recruit' GL corps and the Amazons.

Bloody hell, man - just learn to read things in contexted will you, instead of just bloody nitpicking and getting off the topic.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Ion
Are all the bloody's really needed? sad

ZephroCarnelian
Yes mate.

I'm English! big grin

wink

Super Kal El
Holy crap! I had no idea the Green Lantern Rings were so powerful, damn that adds a whole new perspective on things....hmmmmm...................although after much thought I'd say in typical fanboyism Superman would still win...against Green Lantern or rather thier rings.... Happy Dance

ZephroCarnelian
GL rings are very powerful - the most powerful weapon in the universe in fact.

But it's thought powered.

So if someone punches your brains out before you have a chance to think, then you're screwed. smile

Knightfall93
Yeah, but you're forgetting they have a protective aura so it would be hard to punch a GLL's brains out just like that!

Etrigan
Superman took out an entire squad of GL Corps in Red Son.

He said "Your weapon is operated by thought, Jordan. But what's the use of having a weapon like that when you don't have time to think before I take it out your hands?"

Knightfall93
Well... that's Elsecrap!

Etrigan
You really are anti-Elseworlds, aren't you?

I don't see why.

Knightfall93
Not really... only Elsecrap! I likee some of it but all theapocalyptic stuff etc is just BS... I really enjoyed Red Rain! And the Chalice where Batsy gets the Holy Grail... and I think that gotham By Gaslight sounds good! The Batman ones are usually fairly good as they arent too weird... oh, I liked "Batman and Superman: Generations"!

Fanboy
Originally posted by Etrigan
Ha! Evil Superman would be owned within the first 5 minutes of his career. If roles were reversed between Batman and Superman, look at what happened in Red Son. Superman only survived Batman's strategic attack because he managed to talk Diana into saving him.

Batman could take him, given enough preparation. Though if Supes was evil, he probably would have motion to kill, and that would be bad for Bats.

Even so, Bruce could beat him.

How? When Batman admitted Superman with his speed could beat him with his SUperspeed and squish him into a cement wall and that is what would happen.

chris_64256
Theres two answers to the question First on realistic stand point if he turned bad your talking something very scary think of supes now he would sacrifice every fiber in his body to save,help people now reverse it your talking about a being you can hover above earth see and hear everything you cannot plot against him, A truly bloodlusted evil supes will not take punishment to try and talk you down he will not hold back a being you can move faster than the brain can produce a thought no matter how much of a genius you are a brain can only operate so fast your are taken out before you even knew what happen or hover above earth and reign down fire on you create tornadoes cause earthquakes with a clap or simply destroy earth basically its a very cool thought but if he did turn bad the gods would erase him he just to powerful thats why they tested him when he was young to see his moral standards he was that much of a threat. People complain about supes being to moral to bland a boyscout I think he is the most interesting character simply because a full on no holding back supes there is no story no threats yet he holds back becuase life is sacred to him just wishing to help people to live amonst us that a beautiful thing to me.

Knightfall93
What would hapopen in the end...

Some weird dude would go to a parllel universe and release some evil that Superman banished to the Phantom Zone or whatever and that evil dude would be able to beat him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.