thor w/ belt of str vs. inf watch, silver surfer, beta ray bill, and dr. strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slade10
from another thread.

thor lost to kurse with the belt of strength.

But can he take on the guardians of the infinite gauntlet, galactus' most powerful herald, his alien equal (without the blet), and earth's sorcerer supreme?

curious to hear people's thoughts... smile

thesilverspider
Thor gets curbstomped.

roughrider
Kurse was being powered by The Beyonder at the time - unfair.
Still, the odds against him here are perhaps too tough. He would need to be in Warrior Madness.

slade10
Originally posted by roughrider
Kurse was being powered by The Beyonder at the time - unfair.
Still, the odds against him here are perhaps too tough. He would need to be in Warrior Madness.

Not powered by the beyonder -- that suggests something temporary.

he got amped to his current and now permanent strength level by the beyonder. Said to be 4x thor's normal strength. Thor still gave him a hell of a fight, of course...

leonidas
Originally posted by slade10
from another thread.

thor lost to kurse with the belt of strength.

But can he take on the guardians of the infinite gauntlet, galactus' most powerful herald, his alien equal (without the blet), and earth's sorcerer supreme?

curious to hear people's thoughts... smile

unfair. i already said warrior thor didn't beat these guys at once. he beat most of the watch. he trashed warlock and ss at once. beat bill and ss. he never beat all these guys at once.

should be thor w/belt v drax, maxam and gamora. not even sure how much warlock did. can't find the f'n issue. better yet, warrior mad v thor w/belt. warrior mad likely wins because he's insane. strength is likely comparable. again mad does NOT draw power from anywhere. its his own strength unleashed.

slade10
Originally posted by leonidas
unfair. i already said warrior thor didn't beat these guys at once. he beat most of the watch. he trashed warlock and ss at once. beat bill and ss. he never beat all these guys at once.

should be thor w/belt v drax, maxam and gamora. not even sure how much warlock did. can't find the f'n issue. better yet, warrior mad v thor w/belt. warrior mad likely wins because he's insane. strength is likely comparable. again mad does NOT draw power from anywhere. its his own strength unleashed.

No, more than that.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5336366

Couple panels later

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5336377

And later

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5336383

bill is standing by watching while thor destroys all those guys, since he apparently realizes he can do nothing to help.

If people haven't figured it out, we're trying to determine how the power gem measures up against the belt of strength.

leo apparently thinks the belt of strength is more powerful.

slade10
Notice strange stating that they are clearly inferior, btw. I generally take him at his word.

leonidas
don't put words in my mouth. i said the gem may be more powerful, but there are no feats to definitively prove that is the case. big difference.

roughrider
Originally posted by slade10
Not powered by the beyonder -- that suggests something temporary.

he got amped to his current and now permanent strength level by the beyonder. Said to be 4x thor's normal strength. Thor still gave him a hell of a fight, of course...

I have the issue. Beyonder gave Kurse his power and let him go after Thor; his might was so great, Thor put on his belt of strength to even it up. It worked, but Beyonder wanted to see how far Thor would go, so he just powered Kurse up more and more, while Thor was slowly losing, wondering why his blows ceased to have effect. Someone else thought Kurse beat Thor and Beta Ray Bill together, because of the cover; but the fights were seperate.

leonidas
i THOUGHT he took back his power . . .

slade10
I have the issue. Beyonder gave Kurse his power and let him go after Thor; his might was so great, Thor put on his belt of strength to even it up. It worked, but Beyonder wanted to see how far Thor would go, so he just powered Kurse up more and more, while Thor was slowly losing, wondering why his blows ceased to have effect. Someone else thought Kurse beat Thor and Beta Ray Bill together, because of the cover; but the fights were seperate.

Can you post the images from the last fight with thor?

leonidas
i can. but it's too late now to do it. if rider can, good. not sure what relevence it will have on this thread anyway . . .

roughrider
Sorry, don't have the last one. No scanner anyway.

slade10
just curious. i'm remembering they were fighting on pretty even terms.

roughrider
You are talking about Kurse' last recorded appearence in Thor, which was a story spanning #485-489? That was in 1995.

slade10
You are talking about Kurse' last recorded appearence in Thor, which was a story spanning #485-489? That was in 1995.

no, last fight after beyonder's last amp.

anyone, gotta go. spent WAY too much time here.

leonheartmm
dr strange would easily take rune king thor, thor w belt of strength is no problem.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by leonheartmm
dr strange would easily take rune king thor, thor w belt of strength is no problem.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strange would easily take Rune king Thor.......no
Seriously go read some comics before posting this crap.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by thesilverspider
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strange would easily take Rune king Thor.......no
Seriously go read some comics before posting this crap.

lol, talkin out of ur ass again. YOU should read some comics with dr strange in em. hes currently the most powerful non abstract being in all of marvel reality with the exception of the scarlet with with the chaos wave.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by leonheartmm
lol, talkin out of ur ass again. YOU should read some comics with dr strange in em. hes currently the most powerful non abstract being in all of marvel reality with the exception of the scarlet with with the chaos wave.
no I am not gonna argue with a moron such as yourself
strange is no where near rune king thor even with prep
It is funny how you think you know what your talking about
sorry moron as usual your wrong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.