Darth Vader vs Vrook

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Fields of dantooine, who wins.

I say Vrook, a bit of force lightning or destroy droid and game over.

Dark Aristokrat
Well, considering that Vrook is a jedi and they don't use such powers, I doubt he would be able to use them against Vader.

Darth_Glentract
Vrook easily. Not necessarily because of force powers, but because Vrook is also better in lightsaber fighting, or at least should be judging from the KOTOR story. Vader can still block lightning with his lightsaber, btw.

Vader(in suit) did defeat 7 Jedi at once, although two of them were padawans who had barely even fought droids in real combat.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by zephiel7
destroy droid
HAHAHAHAHA!

Ogami Itto
destroy droid is a jedi power but i still think Vader takes him

zephiel7
whats so funny?

DE Calvin
I'm not saying that you saying "Destroy Droid", is noob, just that I would never think of it, and its sooo true.

zephiel7
Lol it is pretty funny.

Vrook: I have been waiting for you chosen one.

Vader: You cannot stand against the power of the darkside.

Vrook *destroy droid*

Vader: primary systems, shutting down

DE Calvin
Vrook would only have to use "Force-*******" on him.

Fishy
I'm not so sure, I want to say Vrook because well Vader isn't all that good compared to other Jedi and Sith, but I don't really know all that much about Vrook his powers, actually none of us do, so this thraed is kinda worthless.

Darth Traya
Well, Vrook was the de facto leader of the Jedi Order after Katarr and he was powerful enough to be part of the Him-Zhar-Vandar triumvirate.

He also was the only member to recoved fairly quickly from Kreia's attacks.

I say Vader dies...

Faunus
Actually, Kreia's initial Force Push smacked all of them, but only Vrook -- being its focus -- was actually knocked down. But yeah, he did recover fairly quickly.

But I don't know if he can win this. While he's a master or skilled user of Ataru, Shien, or Juyo, I'm not sure if he can out-duel Vader. The Sith Lord is an accomplished duelist as well, having gained mastery or extreme proficiency in Shien, a good enough level of skill in Ataru to tangle with Dooku for about a minute (lol!), and have a knowledge of several other styles, including Soresu, Juyo, and an "ancient" style consisting of tight, controlled, mostly vertical strokes. In Dark Lord, he utilizes a blend of all the forms, and rapidly switches his techniques to the unconventional style mentioned last.

He uses these combined styles to overwhelm "swordmaster" Roan Shryne, who was also one of the better Jedi of his time. He was one a few Jedi who were thought by many in the Order to be eligible for election into the High Council.

Also, he has tremendous strength, having lifted a man bodily with one arm and showing no signs of exertion, and being capable of leaping entire flights of stairs on Alderaan using only the power of his "inferior" prosthetic legs.

But Vader's forte is most likely in his ability with the Force. As Janus said, he demonstrates the movies' only example of absorb in ESB, when he effortlessly blocks blaster bolts that put gizka-sized craters in Tatooine walls. And in Dark Lord, he blocks a lightsaber with the back of his left fist, with no damage to his glove. At the end of his battle with Shryne, he folds his arms casually and quite literally tears a Wookie foundation apart, tossing planks, spikes, and pieces of bridges at his opponent. He does the same thing in ESB, exept that he tosses random metal things that are attached to the wall.

I'm not taking any sides in this battle, but I'd like to see some proof in Vrook's favor. I think that the much older, experienced Jedi Master should be able to find a way to defeat Vader. But I've seen little suggesting so.

EDIT: If anyone wants me to post passages from Dark Lord, I will.

Fishy
Thats the hard thing with Vrook however, we have no evidence for him being a great fighter.

We know he was a member of the high Council, the most important or second most important of the council.

We know he was thought or thought himself powerful and wise enough to retrain Revan

He did better against Kreia although was still WTFPwned then the other Jedi in the area...

and if gameplay means anything we know he was the most powerful of the masters...

Still doesn't really make him win though.

Faunus
Originally posted by Fishy
Thats the hard thing with Vrook however, we have no evidence for him being a great fighter.

We know he was a member of the high Council, the most important or second most important of the council.

The High Council is the same as the Jedi Council, although I know what you mean. He was one of those three important Jedi, along with Vandar and Zhar.

I wouldn't say that requires power so much as wisdom and caution, but yeah. . .

Better? He was the only one who was directly attacked. Although he did put a yielding Exile into stasis.

Gameplay-wise, Sion and Traya are probably better than Nihilus.

Fishy
Well during Kotor times they had many councils, so I just thought I would state it like that.. Makes it look more impressive stick out tongue

Very true, its a worthless reason for him being a good fighter, but it at least shows that he was smart and knew stuff... Experience like that can make a small difference in a fight.

Well I got the he did better part from what you guys said, if he didn't then I take that back right away... And the Exile means shit really, I mean the Exile could have been weak as hell when he met Vrook.

I know gameplay is a worthless reason...

Vrook in my mind can win, evidence however I do not have.

Faunus
Originally posted by Fishy
Well during Kotor times they had many councils, so I just thought I would state it like that.. Makes it look more impressive stick out tongue

lol

Agreed. Kenobi is an exemplary example of this, as is Yoda. Although they were both lightsaber masters on top of that. wink

By the time he gets to the enclave for the last time? I'd say the exile was fairly powerful. Although, again; he actually submitted to the Masters' punishment and allowed Vrook's stasis.

Same here. I think it may be possible for Vrook to win, but there is almost nothing in his favor.

Fishy
Every little bit helps when you have no other evidence..

I thought you were talking about the first time when you meet Vrook in the cave where he is being held "captive". The last time, well when somebody isn't resisting it doesn't mean all that much.

Characters like that suck...

bad_boba017
Vader. He is an expierenced fighter and like posted above we have no evidence of Vrook being an "ownage" fighter. And vader is very powerful physically and with the force so i'm going with vader. Just need more info on Vrook.

Dark Aristokrat
Originally posted by bad_boba017
Vader. He is an expierenced fighter and like posted above we have no evidence of Vrook being an "ownage" fighter. And vader is very powerful physically and with the force so i'm going with vader. Just need more info on Vrook.

So no evidence equals lost the fight?

Darth Traya
Originally posted by bad_boba017

Okay then. Your logic is about as tangible as Lightsnake's intelligence, it's nonexistent.

You buddy, have just been...

bad_boba017
I can see your favorite jacking pic from here...

DE Calvin
Vrook will be an As*hole until Vader's head explodes.

Fishy
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
So no evidence equals lost the fight?

No it means an inconclusive fight, however we have no way of proving that Vrook wins, so he doesn't win... for as far as we know that is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.