Fernus vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avalonofthewind
The uber powerful Burning Martian

or

The Mad Titan

No prep. Barren Planet.

Who wins?

TheKahn
Do you have a bio for Fernus?

Avalonofthewind
Here you go sir:

"Fernus' powers were increased over J'onn's as well; for example, he could phase other beings rather than just himself, allowing him a new way to kill someone. This possibly implied that he could also shape-shift other people, too. He has access to either pyrokinesis or metamorphic powers, that kept him aflame (even during space travel). He could breathe fire of such intensity it could harm Scorch (who had previously been thought immune to damage through fire). His strength allowed him to dominate the Justice League in combat even without his mental attacks. He also could heal himself from almost total destruction within seconds."

TheKahn
Thanos isn't doing too well lately (gettting beaten by Squirrel Girl and all) so I'd say Fernus wins.

The Ion
Good thread. I've thought about this match up before and I certainly think Fernus can win. This guy had the entire league in a room and beat the crap out of all of them. If not for Guardians running interference to help Green Lantern he probably would have wasted them.

Private Pion
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Here you go sir:

"Fernus' powers were increased over J'onn's as well; for example, he could phase other beings rather than just himself, allowing him a new way to kill someone. This possibly implied that he could also shape-shift other people, too. He has access to either pyrokinesis or metamorphic powers, that kept him aflame (even during space travel). He could breathe fire of such intensity it could harm Scorch (who had previously been thought immune to damage through fire). His strength allowed him to dominate the Justice League in combat even without his mental attacks. He also could heal himself from almost total destruction within seconds."

Hey, just so you guys know-I wrote that. The instant I saw a Fernus match, I had a feeling this would pop up.

I'm guessing Thanos would put up a good fight, but Fernus would get him in the end.

Avalonofthewind
I'm about to go buy the Fernus book today. I put up the match because from what I've read about him, he seems like no joke.

Private Pion
Oh, he is not a joke- He had mind control feats all across the globe, as well as being able to take out an entire army.

cherry cola
sounds tough

spetznaz
I'm about to go buy the Fernus book today. I put up the match because from what I've read about him, he seems like no joke.

Good investment. JLA: Trial by Fire is a classic.

Private Pion
Originally posted by spetznaz
Good investment. JLA: Trial by Fire is a classic.

My favorite JLA story.

Sixth_Winged
I like the Plas vs. Fernus fight there. new respect for plas

Private Pion
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I like the Plas vs. Fernus fight there. new respect for plas

Indeed. But the whole inorganic mind thing came from nowhere and went back there afterwards.

slade10
Fernus got roughed up by plastic man and needed help to destroy a city. Thanos has molecular control not only of his own body (like plastic man) but of others, and crushes star-destroyers such as surfer and drax with ease.

How exactly is fernus going to win? Roughing up the JLA is not much of a feat, considering Thanos could do the same (and has done the same, admittedly in crossover). If fernus were that powerful, he would have blown the earth up, and used the suffering/explosion to reproduce and move on to other planets.

The JLA are not cosmic entities. Beating them does not suddenly make one a skyfather.

Mider
umm the JLA has defeated intergalactus entities all the time and the top core members like superman and the like are probably just as strong as thanos each and if not there just a little less strong, thanos ruffing them all up is bull and rediculous, yes against one id say he would own superman or wonder women but all of them at once is stupid and what crossover was that not ALL crossovers count but some do, anyway plastic man was immune to telephatic powers they say thats why he was brought into the team in the first place incase something like this happend.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by slade10
Fernus got roughed up by plastic man and needed help to destroy a city. Thanos has molecular control not only of his own body (like plastic man) but of others, and crushes star-destroyers such as surfer and drax with ease.

How exactly is fernus going to win? Roughing up the JLA is not much of a feat, considering Thanos could do the same (and has done the same, admittedly in crossover). If fernus were that powerful, he would have blown the earth up, and used the suffering/explosion to reproduce and move on to other planets.

The JLA are not cosmic entities. Beating them does not suddenly make one a skyfather. Co-signed. Thanos regularly slaps down guys like Thor, Drax, Champion, Surfer, and Hulk, often at once. Judging from Fernus's feats in Trial by Fire, he's just not in Thanos's league.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by slade10

The JLA are not cosmic entities. Beating them does not suddenly make one a skyfather.

When did Thanos own the JLA in a crossover?

Kyle owned Thanos on his own by draining him of all energy and left him adrift in space helplessly..and this was ROOKIE Kyle...

King KAM
Originally posted by Mider
umm the JLA has defeated intergalactus entities all the time and the top core members like superman and the like are probably just as strong as thanos each and if not there just a little less strong, thanos ruffing them all up is bull and rediculous, yes against one id say he would own superman or wonder women but all of them at once is stupid and what crossover was that not ALL crossovers count but some do, anyway plastic man was immune to telephatic powers they say thats why he was brought into the team in the first place incase something like this happend. your on what we in the "hood" call, crack.

The Ion
When did Thanos own the JLA in a crossover?

Kyle owned Thanos on his own by draining him of all energy and left him adrift in space helplessly..and this was ROOKIE Kyle...
Come on now. Apparently Thanos is 100x Thor, Superman and the rest of the top tier heros. embarrasment

Psycho Ninja
Yeah,,................I'm back !!

Reflassshh
Bump

Magog
Thanos ...alpha dog supreme

Estacado
Thanos.
Fernus only chance is tp which likely wont work on him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.