Are Caucasions/Anglo Saxons becoming the New World "Minority?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whobdamandog

whobdamandog
cont...

Take note..other than the "United States" Most of the countries listed above are homogeneous. A good portion of the United States, is made up of people who are of mixed heritage(black/white, white/indian, chinese/white..etc), and many of those classified as "white" in the US are actually of Arabic/Semitic/Middle eastern ethnic decent, as opposed to being "Anglo Saxons."

It's also important to take note that many of the countries listed above make up continents where predominantly Asian/Black/Hispanic people are populated(ie All African Countries, South American Countries, all Asian and Pacific Island Countries)

If we were to truly add all the numbers up to determine exactly how many peoples from various countries would be classified as non "Anglo Saxon, the numbers would be staggering. The same logic can be applied to those who would not be classified as "white."

whobdamandog
So case in point, Anglo Saxons and most of those considered "white", are indeed a "minority" when looking at race/ethnicity from a global perspective.

botankus
That's what I always thought.

So there are 3 countries with under 10,000 people? I should move there, unless it's like 2 square miles in area.

fini
WELL Botankus, Monsterrat got less than 10,000, cause most of the island is of limits due to a volcano that has been erupting( on and off) for the last 10 yrs or so.

Imperial_Samura
I always liked the sound of that mass migration theory thing. The concept that many western/white societies and Japan are aging and with lowered birth rates will be unable to sustain their current living conditions and industrial standard without a significant influx of people from the nations with a "young" population - India, certain Asian states and the like.

I like to think if it ever happened it would lead to a more dynamic, more fluid humanity, or at the very least a significant change in global culture and politics as old world west assimilates or is assimilated by dynamic new east.

And I remember my innitial surprise back in my young school days at the figure that I think showed there was more people living in Beijing then all the people in Australia's 3 most populous states combined. Or something to that effect.

Still, other then the volcano and the reduction assessable land it's a nice place to visit.

finti
so Anglo Saxon now represent the so called white race???? I guess I as a Scandinavian area what people would call the "white" race but we aint no Anglo-Saxon.

Hit_and_Miss
Generaly speaking I think it comes down to the reason people have a child.... (I remember from my geography days...) That people in the 3rd world countries need children to help run the farms so they have 6-9 kids... While People from more developed nations only want 2-3 kids, and quite a few familys don't even have 1 these days...

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Generaly speaking I think it comes down to the reason people have a child.... (I remember from my geography days...) That people in the 3rd world countries need children to help run the farms so they have 6-9 kids... While People from more developed nations only want 2-3 kids, and quite a few familys don't even have 1 these days...

Yes. People increasingly choosing to put off a family in favour of a career, or just living a casual single life. And also the expense of living and living in a way one is accustomed to - a common complaint at the moment in Sydney, with housing prices, fuel, food prices, private school fees etc is that people don't feel that can have a large family (or sometimes a family at all) due to the cost of living in order to live the way they want. And in some cases people just don't seem to feel that drive to have children. Seems surprising, but the great American dream, the Great Australian dream and all that, house, car, 2.5 kids doesn't seem quite as dominating anymore.

And in a way it's true about 3rd world conditions - importance of family numbers in terms of survival and a lack of family planning advice and contraceptive measures mean large populations, so much so that high child mortality rates in certain places don't have a large detrimental effect on population growth.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by finti
so Anglo Saxon now represent the so called white race???? I guess I as a Scandinavian area what people would call the "white" race but we aint no Anglo-Saxon.

No actually they don't. I guess you didn't detect the sarcasm in the post above. (ie semetic = white, arabic = white, etc) Generally many denote angle-saxons as the main ethnicity which is representative of the "white" race. I've always found that amusing, considering they are a very small ethnic group.

finti
I gues I didnt I just saw the thing about Anglo Saxon and I thought well anothter deluted wasp on the loose.

Over here in Europe it aint an issue of anglo saxon besides they are now refered to as Brits, which again in may eyes is a tattooed hooligan that turns pink during vacation under the Spanish sun. So they(anglo saxon) be the ethnicity which is representative of the white race must only exist in the minds of well anglo saxons or wasp`s. happy

Hit_and_Miss
Brits, which again in may eyes is a tattooed hooligan that turns pink during vacation under the Spanish sun.

I find this offencive...

Me and my friends here Demand an appology..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38150000/jpg/_38150417_python300bbc.jpg

debbiejo
laughing out loud

Us Italians don't burn.....Lol

Quiero Mota
Brits, which again in may eyes is a tattooed hooligan that turns pink during vacation under the Spanish sun.

laughing laughing laughing

Da preacher
Belgium's 77th

WrathfulDwarf
Oh dear! The white race is in danger! What would the Aryans say to this.

botankus
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I find this offencive...

Me and my friends here Demand an appology..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38150000/jpg/_38150417_python300bbc.jpg
laughing out loud

finti
the Aryans are multicolored due to all the tattoos, what a predicament what a laugh.

but those are Germans on holiday

finti
and here we have Norwegians on holiday
http://www.fife.50megs.com/img/Viking%20raid%202.jpg

Grand Moff Gav

Vikings, Norways only claim to fame...

finti
and what a claim it is

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
Vikings, Norways only claim to fame...

laughing

WrathfulDwarf
the Aryans are multicolored due to all the tattoos, what a predicament what a laugh.

The word Aryan has long been tainted with errorism.

finti
indeed it have, and what irony it is behind the origin of who it originally refered to and the missconception of it by the nazi for their super duper ideal

Darth Jello
Well, according to Michael Savage, it's all a conspiracy. See blacks hispanics, and arabs all got together and decided to migrate into white areas and then promote abortions and homosexuality in an effort to outbreed the "white" race. It's all a diabolical conspiracy that happened when white people were too busy watching the wayne brady show and eating morningstar vegetarian tv dinners to attend this meeting. wacko

Mindship
Worldwide, through history, Caucasian Man always was the minority.
Which begs the question: How did Caucasian Man become the dominant force in human affairs?

Makedde
Australia already has 20 million people, and in 50 years we will have only around 250, 000 more? Guess we're the lucky ones.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Mindship
Worldwide, through history, Caucasian Man always was the minority.
Which begs the question: How did Caucasian Man become the dominant force in human affairs?

What makes you think the caucasian man is the dominant minority in human affairs..wink

Quite honestly, I believe it's the Asians who control everything...think about it everything is made in either Japan, Taiwan or China nowadays, and a good portion of the world's population is in China..so yeah, I think we all should be fearing the Asians right about now...:fear:

Mindship
Actually, I just like using the expression, "begs the question."

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Mindship
Actually, I just like using the expression, "begs the question."

laughing Atleast yer honest.

Morgoths_Wrath

whobdamandog

manny321
True in Canada by the year (somewhere after 2017 can't remember) Canada will have a 17% minority population. 1 in 6 people.
So there are a lot of minorties in this country as some people think otherwise.
Canada's minority population has gone up, which is not a bad thing at all.
There has been massive growth around Toronto because of that.

I live in a suburb of Toronto called Brampton (pop 415,000)
Over 1/3 of the population is South Asian. Its almost 50% minorities and is growing really fast. It will have over 630,000 people by 2030.
By the way the city is a really good safe city. The south asian community take over this town where in 1990 it would be hard to see a minority person at all. All the growth of the city is driven by that group.

In Canada the demographics are changing as Toronto is 50% minorities (which are the majority now) and so are the bigger cities. However in rural areas or some medium size cities they have very small minority populations. All of them are in Greater Toronto area and Vancouver.

Morgoths_Wrath

Imperial_Samura

Yeah, that's the way to holiday. I bet no taxi driver would dream of overcharging them just because they aren't local.

Actually in a way it reminds me of some of those bad vs. threads (not on KMC of course) - "Vikings vs. Drunken English Soccer Hooligans"

But then again just having a statistical majority doesn't always help, after all as we have seen, on a global political level the "west" is still a dominant force (with Asia and China very close) regardless of population majorities.

whobdamandog

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by whobdamandog
If a large group of "white's" goes to any of these countries, will they receive special privileges, gain more power, etc? no

but still, like Imperial Samura said, on a global scale the western world has more political, societal, and economic dominance than other parts of the world

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
But then again just having a statistical majority doesn't always help, after all as we have seen, on a global political level the "west" is still a dominant force (with Asia and China very close) regardless of population majorities.

You have a point, but unfortunately we're in a "Nuclear Age" and quite frankly..in this particular age, anyone is capable of winning the game.

Could be China, could be The US, could be India, could be Pakistan, could be Egypt, could be Africa..etc..etc.

Whichever country get's to the trigger first, will be considered the "dominant force."

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
but still, like Imperial Samura said, on a global scale the western world has more political, societal, and economic dominance than other parts of the world

Kind of reminds me of that Disney/Pixar Movie titled "A bug's life"

I remember the grasshoppers always thought they had the ants under their heals..the ants did all of the work, while the grasshoppers reaped all the rewards.

Until one day, the ants finally started to realize that there were more of them than the grasshoppers.

I remember what happened to the grasshoppers at the end..and it wasn't pretty..wink

Morgoths_Wrath

Morgoths_Wrath

whobdamandog

Quiero Mota

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Fight back against what though?

by the way: Latin American countries are Western. Western= based on European culture, religion, and influence; and the last time I checked, Spain and Portugal are both in Europe. For some reason, everyone acts as though "Western" is synonymous with "White".

fight back against their dominant influence, I suppose

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
fight back against their dominant influence, I suppose

Yes, and the problem would be that their influence permiates the polictical, economic and social strata of most nations. The modern would is quite interlated, global markets, global work forces and all that. Would Asia, at least the upper crust, want to tumble the great western consumer powers? When that's where so much money comes from? Would the Arab rulers be happy in the oil consumers got into trouble and couldn't pay as well? Probably not.

Darth Jello
I suppose noone got the fact that my satirical post was trying to ask the question, "who the **** cares?"

whobdamandog
Yes, and the problem would be that their influence permiates the polictical, economic and social strata of most nations. The modern would is quite interlated, global markets, global work forces and all that.

A wise man once stated..

"A divided enemy..is much easier to defeat than a united one.."

I believe you're over emphasizing the importance of the "western" world. Many great civilizations have fallen, and the world has continued to operate in a normal fashion. Civilizations such as Rome, Babylon, Greece, etc. Humanity has always picked up the pieces and continued to flourish after such dramatic changes.

Generally most great civilizations are broken down from within..before they're broken down from without. Culture wars and bickering over silly social issues are among the defining things that one can use to identify a great civilizations decline from power and influence.

These behaviors are usually followed by pointless wars, failing economies, and unequal distribution of "wealth" by the "upper crust" within the society.

Would Asia, at least the upper crust, want to tumble the great western consumer powers? When that's where so much money comes from? Would the Arab rulers be happy in the oil consumers got into trouble and couldn't pay as well? Probably not.

The Arabs most definitely would..they would probably want to do something similar to what the United states is doing in Iraq. Conquer and re-assimilate. I believe the Asians would do the same thing, possibly with less of a religious bent to their attack.

Mindship
...I find the concept of race silly. We're all human. It's difficult to define an individual's race solely based on that individual's physical appearance.

Couldn't agree more. I am always impressed by the fact that, if there is a baby around, you hear it gurgling and making all kinds of sounds, there is no way you can tell what "race" it is until you look. Even then, the facial expressions, the movements: purely human, before all the "cultural imprinting" takes place.

Unfortunately, I suspect there is some rather deep psychological hard-wiring in us which makes us focus more on our differences than our similarities - and we are all far more similar than we are different. It also doesn't help that we live in a hyper-competitive world, with limited resources, which compounds whatever Us-vs-Them hard-wiring may exist. Such wiring may've served a survival purpose in the past; but in the Global Village it is obsolete, if not downright maladaptive.

botankus
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Fight back against what though?

We burn a turbin, they stomp on a Big Mac.
We draw a picture of Muhammed, they urinate on a Madonna CD.

WARRRRRR!!!!

debbiejo
eek!

Isn't life just grand.....

finti
burn a what? a turbine or turban?

botankus
Fine...Set a Camel ablaze...that covers both parts of the world in terms of smoke and animal.

whobdamandog
burn a what? a turbine or turban?

Saying "who cares about typos" is no excuse to type like a 3 year old!! wink

botankus
That's right wink But at least I didn't say "aboot!"

finti
first I was , what the hell are you talking about ...then I saw Botankus signature..........laughing out loud laughing out loud great show

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
That's right wink But at least I didn't say "aboot!" What does that have to do with anything?

botankus
Ever since you got Al Bundy out of your sig, I'm running out of well-placed, genius attacks to use on you.

Bardock42
Ever since you got Al Bundy out of your sig, I'm running out of well-placed, genius attacks to use on you.

It was Douglas Adams.

But still the about jokes were pretty funny (the first hundred times at least) but since I am on my way to get rid of all this "aboot" stuff anyways it will become even harder. I'm sorry.

SaTsuJiN
Wow, I thought japan would be higher on the list o_o.. but dang @ chinas pop.. O_O

whobdamandog
That's right wink But at least I didn't say "aboot!"

It could've been a lot worse..at least you didn't mispell "nowadays" or "lose" in a thread title. I've also had some difficulty with "Neanderthal" in several other threads..laughing

whobdamandog
Another common typo is "the"..I've seen it spelled "teh" and "deh" frequently around here.

whobdamandog
And let's not forget the whole "you're" vs "your" deal...wink

debbiejo
Are you rambling????????

Bardock42
And let's not forget the whole "you're" vs "your" deal...wink

Is that a real typo though or sheer stupidity?

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Bardock42
Is that a real typo though or sheer stupidity?

Considering this question is being posed by a guy who mispells "about" consistently..I'll go ahead and say it's a typo..wink

Bardock42
Considering this question is being posed by a guy who mispells "about" consistently..I'll go ahead and say it's a typo..wink

Well I did that on purpose. that is not really comparable. In my opinion at least.

whobdamandog
Well I did that on purpose. that is not really comparable. In my opinion at least.

I know...I know..just like you do when you mispell it in many other threads..and the same goes for "the" vs "teh." I'm catching on to that keen wittiness of yours buddy... shifty

Bardock42
I know...I know..just like you do when you mispell it in many other threads..and the same goes for "the" vs "teh." I'm catching on to that keen wittiness of yours buddy... shifty

You do....should I point out how you misspelled "misspell" ...nah, not today.

debbiejo
How about verbs???????? wink

whobdamandog

I was doing it on purpose..aboot time for me to leave teh thread now..wink

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
How about verbs???????? wink

I don't misspell "verbs"....ever.

debbiejo
It would have a huge "effect" on me........ laughing out loud

Bardock42
I was doing it on purpose..aboot time for me to leave teh thread now..wink

Sure you were. Fare thee well my friend.

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
It would have a huge effect on me........ laughing out loud

I am almost certain that this is correct.

debbiejo
I am almost certain that this is correct. I'm not......honest to god......... laughing out loud

whobdamandog

I thought I'd post this little gem before I completely decide to go..

taken from dictionary.com...

1 entry found for mispell.
mispell

\Mis*pell"\, v. t., Mispend \Mis*pend"\, v. t., etc. See Misspell, Misspend, etc.

laughing laughing

Bardock42
I thought I'd post this little gem before I completely decide to go..

taken from dictionary.com...

1 entry found for mispell.
mispell

\Mis*pell"\, v. t., Mispend \Mis*pend"\, v. t., etc. See Misspell, Misspend, etc.

laughing laughing
Yeah, funny. In a very screwed up way at least.

BackFire
Topik plees.

debbiejo
Hey, I didn't do it.....

KharmaDog
So case in point, Anglo Saxons and most of those considered "white", are indeed a "minority" when looking at race/ethnicity from a global perspective.

It has always been that way. Nothing really new here.

finti
except that anglos representing us up here in sacndinavia

manny321
well i neevr knew there were so many immigrants in Europe. I only found out during the Paris riots. People think canada is all white, which is not true.

KharmaDog
except that anglos representing us up here in sacndinavia

yes, anglo saxon is not synonymous with caucasian (if that is your point) I agree.

finti
anglo saxons is just some out of the all the germanic tribes around and then you have all of us scandinavians

Bardock42
anglo saxons is just some out of the all the germanic tribes around and then you have all of us scandinavians

And Germans.

finti
well I did say germanic tribes and guess where the germans hail from..................

debbiejo
well I did say germanic tribes and guess where the germans hail from.................. France?

Bardock42
well I did say germanic tribes and guess where the germans hail from..................

I know,.... I love you man.

Now debbiejo on the other hand I hate.

KharmaDog
Now debbiejo on the other hand I hate.

Ouch!

debbiejo
Man oh man..........And I'm like a breath of fresh air.........angel_not

debbiejo
Edit.........

JacopeX
39. Peru 28,302,603

Woo hoo eek!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/brians_100/8365a4eb.jpg

Quiero Mota
JacopeX, tu eres Peruviano o Americano?

JacopeX
los dos

Imaginary
Originally posted by Makedde
Australia already has 20 million people, and in 50 years we will have only around 250, 000 more? Guess we're the lucky ones.

Australia doesn't have the water resources to support 250000 more people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.