Telepaths

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmic Flame
Posters often speak of Despero>MM>X and what not. I'm curious as to whom people think are the best and most powerful TPs in DCU and MU and why.

GalacticStorm
Good subject. Ive always wondered why people thought MM was greater than Prof X. Ive heard something about him linking to all sentient minds in the universe. Can someone clarify what happened and in what title?

jrodslam
Would magic users count?

Cosmic Flame
I suppose yes, depending on how adept they are at TP. I suppose I'm getting at how it's used.can be used and who does it best. For instance, the first thing people tend to think of is mind control when it comes to TP, but that's TP at its most basic level. Who's good at using TP in better or more varied ways?

Private Pion
This thread=love.

willRules
Xavier is amazingly underrated in conversations on these forums. He is insanely powerful and very clever. yes

soleran30
Everyone keeps throwing MM out there however I constantly see him getting taken down constantly with others telepathy.

jrodslam
MM cant mess with Zatanna TP wise. If she wants you out, you get out. If she doesnt want you in, you dont get in.

Cosmic Flame
Is that primarily because of her magical ability or because of her ability as a TP?

The Ion
I'd say Genis is pretty high up on the list. His control over psionic energy is impressive.

Cosmic Flame
How so?

The Ion
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
How so?

Cosmic Flame
That speaks more to cosmic awareness that it does any actual telepathic ability, though.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by The Ion

Cosmic awareness works differently to telepathy. I wouldnt class Genis as a highly skilled telepath in the same way we'd describe Xavier. Surfer and many cosmic beings have a similar ability but that doesnt mean they can hang with the likes of Prof X in a psychic battle.

GalacticStorm
That speaks more to cosmic awareness that it does any actual telepathic ability, though.

U beat me to it wink

The Ion
Telepathy isn't just firing off psi bolts. It's also pre-cognition, empathy, clairvoyance, etc. Cosmic awareness is telepathy, just on a higher level and with a fancier name.

manjaro
when it comes tp natural telepaths, we often differ to MM for DCU and Xavier for MU for they possess those abilites free from outside assisteance. everybody else just has cosmic or mystic awareness that actually tell "them" whats going on in thier surroundings rahter than them ascertaining answers based on thier "own" merit

Cosmic Flame
Telepathy isn't just firing off psi bolts. It's also pre-cognition, empathy, clairvoyance, etc. Cosmic awareness is telepathy, just on a higher level and with a fancier name.
TP doesn't necessarily involve those other things. TP is something unto itself, just as all those other things are different, individual branches of psionics. I won't say that cosmic awareness doesn't include TP, but it's NOT TP in and of itself. It's much more than that. If that were the case, then there'd be a hell of a lot of people running around with cosmic awareness.

The Ion
TP doesn't necessarily involve those other things. TP is something unto itself, just as all those other things are different, individual branches of psionics. I won't say that cosmic awareness doesn't include TP, but it's NOT TP in and of itself. It's much more than that. If that were the case, then there'd be a hell of a lot of people running around with cosmic awareness.
Well if you want to limit it to standard comic book TP, Genis has feats in those areas too mind raping Purple Man and a whole bunch of Kree, Skrulls, and Sh'iars.

GalacticStorm

But at the same time he hasnt shown an ability to do the type of things which make Prof Xavier the most skilled telepath on the planet, the type of skills im assuming are being used as a criteria for which to weigh up the characters against each other in this thread. Genis has a type of telepathy, which puts him in synch with the goings on of the universe however its of a different nature to conventional telepathy and on top of that conventionally talking he has yet to display any high level telepathic skill. Its like calling I womans power telekinesis, some of the same affects can be achieved but IW has nowhere near the skill of a high level tk.

thesilverspider
Well if cosmic awareness is considered TP then Surfer has some nice feats aswell.Dr.strange has more then a few nice TP feats.Thanos is another guy who is over looked but he has some good TP.Skyfathers such as Odin have shown some high end TP........

The Ion
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Well if cosmic awareness is considered TP then Surfer has some nice feats aswell.Dr.strange has more then a few nice TP feats.Thanos is another guy who is over looked but he has some good TP.Skyfathers such as Odin have shown some high end TP........
You are correct.

TheKahn
This may be off topic but I've read on several sites the theory that Magneto has some latent telepathic abilities and may infact be one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet. But given that he was in a concentration camp at the time his power emerged, his mind shut down that part of his power in order to keep him sane. Given that there seems to be a connection with EM energy and telepathy in the marvel universe, how powerful would Magneto be if this theory is true and he had access to his TP?

Disappear
all of magneto's telepathic abilities were retconned into having occurred with the aid of machinery. he hasn't been considered anything near a telepath in decades.

cable is very impressive, particularly if you've been following cable & deadpool. he referred to himself as the most powerful telepath on the planet, and he's done feats xavier hasn't. not to say xavier couldn't, just hasn't. where the two rank in relation to eachother was, until very recently, rather up in the air.

Draco69
The most powerful telepath in DCU is Hector Hammond.

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by Draco69
The most powerful telepath in DCU is Hector Hammond.
Why is he the most powerful? What has he done to warrant that title?

Darth Macabre
Why is he the most powerful? What has he done to warrant that title?

Hasn't he erased the minds of everyone on Earth about the Justice League?

Juntai
Darkseids mind control powers are sick.

willRules
Xavier rock

R.O.T. Yahman
How does Manchester Black compare ????? The Key supposedly has a lot of potential ???? , Fate Zttana, Strange and co also seem pretty competent. Thanos's and Galactus's telepathic abilities have also interested me. Does Darksied still have telepathy ? smile

Phoenix_Avatar9
i think the most creative not-so-powerful tp is emma frost. bliss buttons, sedation, invisibility, and that ambient psi-energy electricity thing

LordKaos
I agree Emma is very creative with her telepathic power, she may not be as powerful as Xaiver or Jean, but she is still pretty powerful, and her years as a villianess have allowed her to use her power in ways the others just wouldn't because of morality.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.