should movie comps. make their version of comic book movies(ITS FOR A TERM PAPER)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snowninja
embarrasment yeah, whatever opinions, quotes, ect. you have on this topic let me know PLZ!!! big grin refrences would be great

Cosmic Flame
Are you asking if movie companies should make movies based strictly on comics, or if they should be free to use the characters in a way that's not consistent with comic book canon?

ScarletSpider
Yeah. We need a more precise question. Also, if it's for a term paper, give us what you have so far; spell and punctuate your post correctly so we can understand what you need.

snowninja
Should the movie companies make the movie based on the comic book or feel free to add their own canon? I'm against it, but I would just like to have other peoples opinion on it

ScarletSpider
I would rather see it based off of an existing comic book story. However, since they only use the comics as a basis, the original article will never be truly 100% faithfully presented. My main request is that a movie remain faithful to the spirit of the characters and story. Sometimes being too literal would hinder a movie--Peter Parker creating his own webshooters would have taken another half an hour of exposition to get it right. As long as the movie remains faithful to the spirit of the character, I'm usually a happy camper. Ideally, each movie would be like Sin City--with the writer/creator directing it and ripping scenes and dialogue straight from the book, but Spider-Man, X-Men and Batman Begins didn't do that and they were wonderful films. X-Men and Batman Begins essential told--to my knowledge, pretty much an all new story, but a story firmly planted in their respective mythos. It's no big stretch for Ra's Al Ghul to act the way he did in Batman, or for Magneto to try a massive mutation wave, or whatnot in X-Men.

Over the years there have been so many interpretations, who is to say there is a correct one? Certainly, I would err on the side of the original comics, but even those can be so contradictory and confusing.

I'd be interested in seeing your paper as it progresses, and would be happy to put forth any more of my opinions as needed. smile

Knightfall93
I agree, scarletspider

Lighthammer
In some cases they should, with better knwon characters, like Spiderman, which they didn't do and Batman. But if the character is lesser knwon, Like Blade for example, they should be free to change some things. In Blade's cases I think it was for the best because, the Blade in the original comics looked like a Shaft reject, and so they changed it and the movies turned out awesome. Over all they should have some creative leeway but not abucnh.

Gregory
Most of the characters who are being made into movies have a good forty hears of continuity behind them; this is not a good thing. It's stiffling. I think it's good that movies give companies the chance to mess around a little without worrying, for example, that the villain they want to use was killed off in some crappy company-wide crossover event. In other words, they should stay true to the character, but not let continuity get in the way of a good story.

But ... if you put down an internet message board as one of your sources for a term paper, your instructer's going to throw something at you. At least he should.

Knightfall93
I just hope they keep loyal to the characters... in essence, though I dont give a f**k for continuity... as long as we don't see a repeat of 2catwoman"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.