Der Untergang (Downfall)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eis
I personally loved the movie.

I think the film was incredibly realistic, it also does not show any type judgment, it just shows facts.
The acting was fantastic, very solid performances. Specially from Ulrich Matthes, Bruno Ganz and Juliane Kohler.

People critize the movie because it makes nazis look human and of course they'd much rather see Hitler as a devil from hell.

Overall the movie is incredible.
The best german movie I've ever seen. 10/10

MildPossession
It's excellent yes, it won the BBC4 World Cinema awards here in England.

Darkman87
Wow! England gave an award to Hitler.
Actually I liked the movie, too. I love Hitler, anyway. The selling of Mein Camp is exploded so everyone in Turkey showed some interests in this movie. Do not understand me wrong i am not nazi.

MildPossession
Kampf, not Camp. I've got Mein Kampf on my book shelf.

agent 009
this is one of the best "based on true to life" movies i've seen. the portrayal of hitler was uncanny, whoever that actor is.

MildPossession
Hitler was played by the fantastic Bruno Ganz.

Solo
It's quite sad that this didn't win an Oscar.

Cinemaddiction
It lost steam after Hitler took the chickenshit way out. That said, everything up to it was gravy.

Bardock42
Was an alright movie. Wasn't really blown away or anything, but pretty good.

Eis
Originally posted by Bardock42
Was an alright movie. Wasn't really blown away or anything, but pretty good.
It was better than alright. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Solo
It's quite sad that this didn't win an Oscar.
yes

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
It lost steam after Hitler took the chickenshit way out. That said, everything up to it was gravy.
I thought the same thing. I simply loved every scene Hitler was in.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
It was better than alright. stick out tongue

I thought the same thing. I simply loved every scene Hitler was in.

Hmm...maybe...

That'S not really a good thing to say, you know.

Eis
Originally posted by Bardock42
Hmm...maybe...

That'S not really a good thing to say, you know.
I meant that Bruno Ganz is an amazing actor, smartass. stick out tongue

MildPossession
For anyone in the UK who is interested in seeing the film, it's getting shown on Channel 4 next week on terrestrial television, not sure of the day/time, but it will be in the listings.

papabeard
Not bad, ive seen and read so much about this stage of the war and hitlers life, especially the doc on his secretary where she is being interviewed, so i knew the story inside and out, it was superbly acted and I would have enjoyed it more had i known less about the sujkect matter.

BackFire
What an astounding film. Bruno Ganz playing Hitler was truly one of the most purely impressive intriguing performances I've ever seen. Simply excellent.

MildPossession
Eis- Love your sig, The Edukators is excellent.

Eis
Originally posted by BackFire
What an astounding film. Bruno Ganz playing Hitler was truly one of the most purely impressive intriguing performances I've ever seen. Simply excellent.
Glad we all agree on the excellency of Bruno Ganz.

Originally posted by MildPossession
Eis- Love your sig, The Edukators is excellent.
I know, great movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.