Schools out for summer!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Finished college on Thursday night, no more evening classes ever! Just gotta go to Uni on Mondays from now on, but thats during work hours so I've now got an extra 6 hours a week to myself.

Got kinda a funny story about my last night too.....

I phoned the college on the afternoon cus I knew they had my graduation piccys there but the office shuts before I get there of a night. I asked the chap if there was anywhere he could leave them for me and he said there was a box full of the piccys he could leave at the front desk. ".....the only problem is, none of them have got any names on the back", he said, "Don't worry...", I replied, "...I'm pretty sure I'll know which ones are of me!".

He didn't even laugh, while I had a little titter to myself. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
No matter how hard you try, some people just have no sense of humor.

Texas
You should post your piccy

keokiswahine
we all would luv to see it. I hope you do. smile cool

mechmoggy
I thought about this, but when I saw them I didn't think it was a good idea, I look so chubby in that huuuge gown. Mrs.MM took one look at them and said, "who's the fat bloke and whats he doing wearing my husbands suit!".

Harsh but fair. sad

finti
laughing out loud

yerssot
woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's finally over! stupid school! I've beaten it... almost!!! Just another year!.. WHAT???? A WHOLE YEAR??? Ow damn!

ToMacco
school is awesome. Your surrounded by poor bastards who are in the same spot as you.

I'd love to go back and do high school again.

yerssot
be my guest!

pretty nice to say I'm an average teenager, with the old saying: MY LIFE S*CKS! and I HATE SCHOOL! big grin

ToMacco
That's what I'm saying. Everyone hates school. We were all in the same boat.

yerssot
hmmm... bit cramped then?

ToMacco
metaphorically

yerssot
embarrasment
that's an expansive word!
you're a college-girl! GET HIM!!!
*grabs baseballbat*

ToMacco
expand your vocabulary.

yerssot
hey! there's nothing wrong with my vocalabury!

ToMacco
cool God, you're an idiot.rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
oh! blasphemy! how rude!

ToMacco
Now that's using your vocabulary.

yerssot
psychiatry to the max!

ToMacco
That's enough of that.

yerssot
for you or for me?

ToMacco
quiet, you.

yerssot
are there more of them?

LaurenE147
I have three more years. Three years of teachers who have no idea what they are talking about and so forth. I think I have reached the epoc of boredom.

finti
so you be a sophomore?

yerssot
yeah, that's what she said, suffer more the next years

finti
smuck

yerssot
you're going to smuck her???
*steps away from finti*

finti
you are the smuck, smuck

yerssot
no need to repeat it...

finti
what, smuck big grin

yerssot
nothing

LaurenE147
Yes, I will be a sophomore.

mechmoggy
Every kid hates school, its only when you leave that you realise that it was the best time of your life. When you're at school you're surrounded by friends and if you get something wrong the teachers help you out as best they can. At work you have to deal with annoying customers and co-workers with a smile and nobody's gonna come to the rescue if you drop a bollock. Also school hours are a joke compared to work.

God I'd love to go back to school full time. sad

yerssot
confused

mechmoggy
Its thier job dummy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
in our case they would push you a bit deeper in it actually

mechmoggy
You maybe, but the nice normal kids they'd help. stick out tongue

yerssot
and to think I'm actually one of the nice kids

LaurenE147
At my school they have some crap teachers and some good ones. I got a crap one for Biology last year but luckily she liked me and gave me As anyway. The weird part of my Geometry class is that the teacher was really good and really thorough but I couldn't get it. I would rather be an adult. And I feel sorry for people that want to go back to their teen years. Why would you want to go back and be some stupid kid who doesn't know anything?

Ushgarak
Because there is too much in the world that you wish you didn't have to care about. See how you feel in ten years.

LaurenE147
I am constantly accused of being too deep and wise for my age. I know all the crap that is going on out there. My parents say that they wouldn't go back to school for all the tea in China.

Ushgarak
I find it hard to accept the emotional maturity of anyone who is still at school but says they know all the crap that is out there...

LaurenE147
people suck i.e. the Smart girl disapearing, the murder and the stealing. the "war" is still going on even though it is coming to an end. A crazy jackass like Osama Bin Laden is still free because of the propaganda being distributed in Afghanistan

Ushgarak
Err... that;s not really what I am getting at...

But never mind, I mean, who knows at this point if you will be happier later or not? Gundy likes being older and Edna hates it but you can't tell until you get there.

Gundark
Ush knows me well. wink

LaurenE147
I'll love it. Teenagers are so vindictive. I even catch myself being that way sometimes even though I try not to.

yerssot
you...catch yourself?

Ow great, another schizofrenic

Ushgarak
I think you will find out adults are less different than you think...

LaurenE147
Not really. My mother tells me exactly what being an adult is like. She says that she wanted the same things that I do when she was a girl. She always says that she wouldn't go back. She'd much rather be an adult.

Ushgarak
Seriously, if you think teens are bad but adults are good you are in for a HUGE shock; they can be just as petty and vindictive as any teen.

LaurenE147
I didn't say they were good. I work with a bunch of adults and they can be not good. But most adults have the courtesy to keep their mouths shut.

yerssot
wanna bet???????

Ushgarak
Indeed, Lauren, I think you are a tad off the ball there...

LaurenE147
I don't think you know me very well.

I can see we're not going to agree on this. Let's just change the subject.

finti
i think you two should agree to disagreebig grin

mechmoggy
I think you two should have a steel cage wrestling match to settle things. evil face

Talking of wrestling, when I was away for that drinking weekend last month one of my mates wore what can only be described as "wrestling pants". They were red and blue and so small it was obscene, when we saw him wearing them we all fell about laughing. Life provides me with so much giggling material its untrue. laughing out loud

LaurenE147
big grin rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

finti
wrestling pants are really hot....in Birmingham stick out tongue

LaurenE147
in trailer parks

finti
well Birmingham UK is a huge trailer park

LaurenE147
So is Birmingham in Alabama, US

Ushgarak
It;s not really a trailer park in the UK, though it IS a dump.

LaurenE147
Throughout Alabama and Mississippi you can find trailers and trailer parks with pickup trucks without wheels in the front yard.

Ushgarak
Birmingham is more by way of being a major city.

mechmoggy
That kinda depends where in B'ham you are Ush. Much the same way as anywhere in the world you go, there's nice and crappy areas not too far from each other. B'ham is very industrial though so when they mention it on telly, they always show pictures of business parks or factory's. Thats what people think all of B'ham looks like, but its not. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
lets go to the NEC

mechmoggy
Good god no, I think Elton John is there this week. eek!

Finti my good man, I sometimes drink with this foriegn chap who's nickname is "Cuba". Every time I see him I break into that old song but I only know the first word, you couldn't track down the second verse for me could you? I always feel silly just singing, "...CUBA! Da da da da da daaaa da!" big grin

LaurenE147
Is he from Cuba?

Captain REX
Finti or Elton John? laughing out loud

LaurenE147
No, the guy named Cuba.

finti
Cuba, quiero bailar la salsa

You dance to the music like nobody does
The first time I saw you I knew it was love

My heart is on fire, the night is divine
My only desire is making you mine
You're the one, that I want
You're the one yes you are" - The Gibson Brothers

LaurenE147
Nice song, but is he from Cuba?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.