Acoustic + (ish) Mellow-Sunrise/set Beats and You...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I go through phases that I can't explain where I suddenly focus on a particular genre of music. About 10 months ago, I was all hip to hip-hop and not really listening to much else. Then, during a road-trip, I bumped into my friend's Audioslave albums and got totally hooked back on rock. This led me to re-finding my love of all things Rage and also quitely reviewing my old Chillis stuff...

However...

I always need some chilled-out acoustic shit to quiet my mind after a busy day. On the home stretch after work, the only genre buzzing in my ear-buds is something I like to call 'whatever the subject of this thread is'.

Here are some of the dudes who help quiet my mind with their mellow mood music:

Sublime - not the punky stuff, but that acoustic album is great. 'Badfish' is one of my all-time favorites. (I do like the punk stuff they do, but that's not what I'm talking about here...)

The Beautiful Girls - perfect, perfect sunny-mood, acoustic songs. No one else seems to have heard of them but, they're from Oz, they're surfers, and they make good tunes. Freedom (Part 2) is the most listened to song on my iTunes.

Jack Johnson - I was into him way back before he got 'big'. Nuhh-nuhh. This makes me cool. Or not.

Donvan Frankenreiter - like Jack, but more of a flower-power dude. 'What'cha know About' is great.

Ben Harper - I don't love all of his albums, but the second cd on the 'Live From Mars' album is excellent.

Seu Jorge - 'The Life Aquatic Studio Sessions' is perfect slow spooning music. No joke. Try it.

Slightly Stoopid - some of their albums are a bit dodgy (Most of 'Everything You Need' - bar Mellow Mood and Collie Man), but 'Acoustic Roots' is whatimtalkingabout. Mellow Mood is their best tune by far.

Mishka - great, great, great acoustic blissed-out reggae. 'Out The Door' is excellent.

Bob Marley - I'm sure you know about him...I can't get bored of 'Legend' as an album or 'Lively Up Yourself' as a song.

John Butler Trio - another aussie band who can melt any up-tight mood. I'm currently loving Peaches & Cream the most.

Anyway, all these dudes bring me mentally closer to the greatest place on Earth - The beach. There's something in the un-hurried, sliding, relaxed nature of their music that is able to induce me to a state of brain-rest.

Anyone else got any similar recommendations? As a sub-subject, I invite you to discuss why and when you listen to particular musical genres...Welcome.

Here's a physical representation of the kind of music I'm talking about...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
OK, I'm going to have to add Xavier Rudd to that list. Have you heard 'Food In The Belly'?!?! That's what I'm talking about!

Bardock42
I am very proud of myself for knowing two of the artists you mentioned.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm going to run on a knob of butter and guess that you are refering to Bob Marley and Jack Johnson. Would that be correctamundo?

jaden101
soul refreshing by robert randolph and the family band...

the veneer album by jose gonzalez is good to chill to as well

some tunes by delays are good summer relaxing songs

mojave by willard grant conspiracy

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm going to run on a knob of butter and guess that you are refering to Bob Marley and Jack Johnson. Would that be correctamundo?

You sir, are a genius....up there with Holmes and Maigret.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That 'Soul Refreshing' tune reminds me of the Isley Brothers...'Summer Breeze' is an all-time classic summer tune!

Df02
Jose Gonzalez - Veneer

simply great acoustic album

papabeard
Bright Eyes - Im Wide Awake its morning

Albatross by Fleetwood Mac

Jimmy Cliff - Many Rivers to cross

MC Mike
I think Sublime, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, and Bob Marley are excellent... I will have to check those other ones out as well.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Df02
Jose Gonzalez - Veneer

simply great acoustic album

Must agree here.

It's on my playlist when I'm at work. Heartbeats just doesn't get old.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Thanks for the heads up on Jose Gonzalez! I'm dig-dig-digging 'Crosses'.

Originally posted by MC Mike
I think Sublime, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, and Bob Marley are excellent... I will have to check those other ones out as well.

If you like Sublime, then try Slightly Stoopid, especially 'Acoustic Roots'.

Jack Johnson = Donovan Frankenreiter, his tunes are so laid-back.

Ben Harper = Xavier Rudd, there's a little bit of Paul Simon in him, too...

Bob Marley = Mishka - his music is 'Redemption Song'-style Reggae.

jaden101
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Must agree here.

It's on my playlist when I'm at work. Heartbeats just doesn't get old.

easy as **** to play on the guitar as well

papabeard
Originally posted by jaden101
easy as **** to play on the guitar as well

what are the chords? what tuning is it played in?

jaden101
Originally posted by papabeard
what are the chords? what tuning is it played in?

low E down to D and G down to F# with capo on the first fret

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/jose_gonzalez/heartbeats_ver3_tab.htm

this is the correct tab

PVS
makes me want to buy a classical acoustic.

koolruningz
Love Bob, Ben, Jack, Donovan and JBT. Turin Brakes are nice for a road trip to the beach, as are The Black Seeds and Katchafire (two NZ reggae bands). Ziggy Marley's Dragonfly album is pretty good to.

MC Mike
Thanks for the heads up on Jose Gonzalez! I'm dig-dig-digging 'Crosses'.

If you like Sublime, then try Slightly Stoopid, especially 'Acoustic Roots'.

Jack Johnson = Donovan Frankenreiter, his tunes are so laid-back.

Ben Harper = Xavier Rudd, there's a little bit of Paul Simon in him, too...

Bob Marley = Mishka - his music is 'Redemption Song'-style Reggae.

Have yet to check on Stoopid, Rudd, and Mishka but Donovan and the Girls are very good indeed. thumb up

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, The Beautiful Girls have some excellent tunes - Music, The Ocean, Freedom (Part 2), So It Seems, etc, etc, etc...Same goes for our man, Don. Although, he only has one album so far...

jaden101
would also recommend

david kitt: the big romance
ray lamontagne: trouble
ryan adams : the suicide handbook
gemma hayes :night on my side
counting crows: august and everything after

mysterio69
listen to anything by iron & wine.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
People should really give Xavier Rudd a try. Both his albums are excellent. I'm currently oops-upside-my-head about 'Let Me Be' from Solace. It's tip-top.

jaden101
check out Trace Bundy...that guy knows how to strum a guitar...top stuff

jaden101
check out Trace Bundy...that guy knows how to strum a guitar...top stuff

like i was saying

http://www.honestninjamusic.com/videos/Hot%20Capo%20Stew.wmv
http://www.honestninjamusic.com/videos/DuelingNinjas.wmv

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm looking for optmisitc troubadours/campfire-soul reggae artists. Anyone got any off-the-wall suggestions?

Also, anyone checked out Xavier Rudd or John Butler Trio yet? Believe me-you, they cool.

jaden101
listened to jbt for a while now...great stuff...xavier rudd has about equal good and not so good tunes....i checked out everyone mentioned in this thread...especially liked donovan frankenreiter

also be able to check out Ben Harper live cause he's playing T this year

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, JBT are an excellent band. I love 'Peaches & Cream' from 'Sunrise Over Sea', especially around the 3 minute 48 second mark when the drums finally kick-in.

I like Xavier Rudd, but it's true about the inconsistency. The first two songs on 'Food In The Belly' are great, but the rest are a bit lacking. 'Solace' has a generally higher standard of songs, though.

As for ol' Donovan, he's great. That whole album is filled with great tunes. 'It Don't Matter', 'Make You Mine' and 'What'cha Know About' are consistently on my playlists.

jaden101
I'm looking for optmisitc troubadours/campfire-soul reggae artists. Anyone got any off-the-wall suggestions?

Also, anyone checked out Xavier Rudd or John Butler Trio yet? Believe me-you, they cool.

try out bedouin soundclash

http://www.bedouinsoundclash.com/money.mp3

http://www.bedouinsoundclash.com/jeb.mp3

you might like it

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Woah! That's what I'm looking for! I love the laid-back flow of that first track, 'Money'. I've just put my order in at Amazon for 'Sounding A Mosaic'. Thanks for the recommendation.

jaden101
you're welcome

papabeard
low E down to D and G down to F# with capo on the first fret

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/jose_gonzalez/heartbeats_ver3_tab.htm

this is the correct tab

Cheers. thumb up

jaden101
you learned it yet?

i played it last night at open mic and it went down pretty well

Bardock42
Originally posted by mysterio69

Yes, Iron and Wine is quite awesome.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I received my copy of 'Sounding a Mosaic' by Bedouin Soundclash the other day, and it has been on my iPod constantly ever since. The whole album is great, but my favorite tracks are When The Night Feels My Song, Money Worries, Jeb Rand and Murder On The Midnight Wire - "It was a bang, blame, bang / The public wants an answer tonight / And this boy has no alibi..." - great chorus.

The songs are funky, catchy and have a great roots feel to them.

I mentioned them to a Canadian friend of mine the other day, and he told me they're actually from Ontario! 'Canadian Reggae' is no longer an oxymoron! He was also kind enough to burn me a copy of an earlier album they did which is unavailable at Amazon.com. It's got a slightly different feel to the roots reggae of 'Sounding a Mosaic', but it's still an excellent album. My favorite track on it is probably 'Johnny Go To New York'.

Thanks again to Jaden101 for the word. They're a great band.

jaden101
I received my copy of 'Sounding a Mosaic' by Bedouin Soundclash the other day, and it has been on my iPod constantly ever since. The whole album is great, but my favorite tracks are When The Night Feels My Song, Money Worries, Jeb Rand and Murder On The Midnight Wire - "It was a bang, blame, bang / The public wants an answer tonight / And this boy has no alibi..." - great chorus.

The songs are funky, catchy and have a great roots feel to them.

I mentioned them to a Canadian friend of mine the other day, and he told me they're actually from Ontario! 'Canadian Reggae' is no longer an oxymoron! He was also kind enough to burn me a copy of an earlier album they did which is unavailable at Amazon.com. It's got a slightly different feel to the roots reggae of 'Sounding a Mosaic', but it's still an excellent album. My favorite track on it is probably 'Johnny Go To New York'.

Thanks again to Jaden101 for the word. They're a great band.

once again no problem mate...always good to pass on info on a band and for someone to appreciate it... big grin

Ya Krunk'd Floo
For sure. I'm always surprised by how many great, little-known bands/singers there are out there. People sometimes forget that music extends beyond the what's hot on 'Amazon - iTunes - Charts' trinity. Before I started this thread, I had never heard of Jose Gonzalez or Bedoiun Soundclash, now they get a lot of play on my pod.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by mysterio69

I've been listening to them a lot recently. They're cool. In a similar style to Jose Gonzalez and Damien Rice.

Can anyone recommend me someone/thing a bit more up-beat though? Along the lines of my man Donovan Frankenreiter...

I've just ordered Matt Costa's 'Songs We Sing', anyone else heard it?

jaden101
I've been listening to them a lot recently. They're cool. In a similar style to Jose Gonzalez and Damien Rice.

Can anyone recommend me someone/thing a bit more up-beat though? Along the lines of my man Donovan Frankenreiter...

I've just ordered Matt Costa's 'Songs We Sing', anyone else heard it?

try a band called mofro

http://www.mofro.net/

the songs "air" and "six ways from sunday" i think you might like

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Gold again, my man! I'm liking what I've heard from them so far. The label 'Front Porch Soul' fits perfectly.

jaden101
just recently heard them myself...one of my first thoughts when i heard it was to post the name in this thread

Ya Krunk'd Floo
jaden101, I've got one for you:

Michael Franti - 'Songs From The Front Porch'

It's hard to describe his style, but he's got a roots vibe, some acoustic R&B/soul rhythms, a little hip-hop and the lyrics are great.

jaden101
a band i was sure had already been mentioned on here but i was apparently wrong i think pretty much hits what you're looking

probably the most ridiculous name ever too

G.Love and special sauce

their stuff is lashed with more than a little humour...but its good stuff

http://www.philadelphonic.com/main.asp?mainNavId=2

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, I've heard a few tracks by ol' G. Love and Special Sauce. They're on a couple of surf movie soundtracks made by Jack Johnson and his Moonshine Conspiracy collective. The tracks I've heard are pretty good, but I've yet to get my hands on a whole album...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Got a new one for you, Jaden...

ALO - Fly Between Falls

They've been signed to Jack Johnson's label, and they recently supported him on tour. They're cool and funky.

This is one of their best tracks:

Girl, I Wanna Lay You Down

They even reference your name in one of their tracks!

jaden101
soulful...nice...i like it

you know how i told you that ben harper is on a t in the park?

well check the link...see who else is playing

its gonna be a mellow chilled out t for me

http://www.tinthepark.com/artists.html?cmd=viewartist&artist_id=1218

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You lucky f*cker!

jaden101
hahaha...cool...i was just looking up some ALO stuff and they have a song called waiting for jaden...brilliant

Ya Krunk'd Floo
News to me...

They even reference your name in one of their tracks!

jaden101
see what a short attention span i have...anything below a link gets...sorry...what was i saying again?

jaden101
thought i'd give a mention to rocco deluca and the burden...getting a bit of press recently being signed to kiefer sutherlands ironworks label...

pretty bluesy...some mellow...some seedy...all good stuff

thought you might be interested

http://www.roccodeluca.com/

Ya Krunk'd Floo
hahaha...cool...i was just looking up some ALO stuff and they have a song called waiting for jaden...brilliant

I just noticed that 'Waiting for Jaden' has a lyric in it about 'hot sex, erect nipples...something, something'! Very weird.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Matt Costa's 'Songs We Sing' has really grown on me recently. I love 'Astair', 'Sunshine'. 'Yellow Taxi', and 'Cold December'. They are such sweet, melodious tunes.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000ACJHIY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Donovan Frankenreiter's new album, 'Move By Yourself' is also cool. My favorite track at the moment is 'All Around Us'. It's a really optimistic album with a lot of soul.

http://www.planet.nl/upload_mm/c/9/d/1985756847_1999998416_Donavan-Frankenreiter.jpg

Check.

jaden101
I just noticed that 'Waiting for Jaden' has a lyric in it about 'hot sex, erect nipples...something, something'! Very weird.

are you coming on to me again laughing

i do have that effect on people

reminds me of the start of a new radicals song when you hear woman shout "make my nipples hard, lets go"

Ya Krunk'd Floo
are you coming on to me again laughing

i do have that effect on people

reminds me of the start of a new radicals song when you hear woman shout "make my nipples hard, lets go"

Hey, baby...

It's true about that lyric:

"So we were waiting, waiting for Jaden, oooh...

We wanted to have you naturally
So we searched out all the possible remedies
Hot sex, nipple stimulation, castor oil, and gory movies
And by that Friday
They were threatening to induce
And we pleaded with you to come out
And call it a truce

Jaden can't you hear what we say, your mother and I want you to come out and play..."

How weird!

Also, this thread should have its name changed to 'Jaden & Floo's Music Palace'. We're the only ones who seem to post in it!

jaden101
thought i'd post this guy up here

Erik Mongrain

unbelievable on an acoustic...check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxnCUu9IAkw&search=erik%20mongrain

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yo, Jaden...

How was T in the Park? Has it happened yet? Is that even where you went?

Anyway...

Recent discoveries during my July sejourn in England...

http://www.roadsmusic.co.uk/

...Saw them live in St. Ives, Cornwall....

Funky, reggae-ish...rock-ish...

You'd like them.

jaden101
couldn't go to T...sold my tickets for a tidy profit cause i was the best man at my cousins wedding that weekend in London...

wasn't happy but it happens

jaden101
you might like my mates band

http://www.myspace.com/theunknowndundee

Ya Krunk'd Floo
couldn't go to T...sold my tickets for a tidy profit cause i was the best man at my cousins wedding that weekend in London...

It's a weird world...I was the best man at my mate's wedding last weekend...in London!

How did the speech go?

jaden101
It's a weird world...I was the best man at my mate's wedding last weekend...in London!

How did the speech go?

good in the sense that everyone from my family understood my Scottish accent but all of his friends and his wife's family didn't have the foggiest idea what i was saying

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ray Lamontagne is perfect midnight blues, do ya dig?

jaden101
mentioned him months ago in the sufjan stevens thread...i got ignored

but yeah...ray is one bearded husky voiced musical talent

i was just listening to his couch sessions cover version of gnarles barkleys "crazy"

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, shit! I bet that's a classic!

I'm diggin 'Jolene' and 'Hanna' the most - they're great tracks. Seems like he's a bit of player, too...

jaden101
yeah its pretty cool

ray going crazy

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, that's good! Thanks for the link.

jaden101
i take it you'll be catching bedouin soundclash on their UK tour in november

Oct.31 Leeds, UK at Leeds Metropolitan University Students Union
Nov.1 Glasgow, UK at Barrowland Ballroom
Nov.2 Birmingham, UK at Birmingham Academy
Nov.3 Manchester, UK at Manchester Academy
Nov.4 London, UK at Brixton Academy
Nov.6 Brighton, UK at Dome

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I wish I was, but I'm back in the East now.

Westlife are in town this month...

jaden101
and you'll be lovin it...my brother says it's not as bad an idea as it sounds....he went to see take that and was surrounded by horny women

jaden101
oh...and i've said it before

if you want sheer amazing acoustic guitar

erik mongrain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9cidk0Bfs&mode=related&search=

trace bundy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GihjEGWxBnI&mode=related&search=

don ross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsgKVkTVX_E

Ya Krunk'd Floo
and you'll be lovin it...my brother says it's not as bad an idea as it sounds....he went to see take that and was surrounded by horny women

I like the way you think, but they'll probably all be 14...

Actually, I like the way you think.

jaden101
I like the way you think, but they'll probably all be 14...

Actually, I like the way you think.

get me a ticket...and a false moustache

Ya Krunk'd Floo
OK. You bring the puppy.

jaden101
Ray LaMontagne's new album...till the sun turns black...magnifique

http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/810/product_medium/R9CD05.jpg

Lesson learned is truly beautiful...

Morning_Glory
Ray Lamontagne is perfect midnight blues, do ya dig? love him, I love the song Trouble.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, I'm digging the new album too. 'Can I Stay' is one of my favorites...

jaden101
good to see bedouin soundclash getting a bit of recognition in the UK now....seems that "people" might actually be developing some taste....who'd have thought it

given that ray and paulo (who was ace at fat sams tonight) are getting recognition too...all is not lost

pissed off that i missed michael franti and xavier rudd playing together the other week though

Shelbert Lemon
oh...and i've said it before

if you want sheer amazing acoustic guitar

erik mongrain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9cidk0Bfs&mode=related&search=

trace bundy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GihjEGWxBnI&mode=related&search=

don ross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsgKVkTVX_E Through my ex, last year, I was introduced to artist like Steven Vai and Joe Satriani.... they are awesome. However I was sitting here reading through this thread, checking out the links and I was laterally captivated by these amazing guitarist. Thanks for sharing the links! happy

Ya Krunk'd Floo
good to see bedouin soundclash getting a bit of recognition in the UK now....seems that "people" might actually be developing some taste....who'd have thought it

Yeah, I noticed that when I was back in the UK. Quite a few people seemed to have heard of them.

Have you heard the new Franti/Spearhead album, 'Yell Fire!'? 'One Step Closer To You' is a great track.

jaden101
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
Through my ex, last year, I was introduced to artist like Steven Vai and Joe Satriani.... they are awesome. However I was sitting here reading through this thread, checking out the links and I was laterally captivated by these amazing guitarist. Thanks for sharing the links! happy

you're welcome...acoustic is somewhat less forgiving that the electric...not taking anything away from satch and vai cause they are superb....i just prefer acoustic...not to mention that erik mongrain is a cool guy...i've spoken to him briefly through his forum and he is a;ways happy to help people to the extent that he posted all his tabs and tunings bar those for airtap and percusienFa

must be off the back of their festival appearances...they're even getting air time on tv and ads for their album by virgin megastores...

not yet...hopefully will do soon though

Shelbert Lemon
you're welcome...acoustic is somewhat less forgiving that the electric...not taking anything away from satch and vai cause they are superb....i just prefer acoustic...not to mention that erik mongrain is a cool guy...i've spoken to him briefly through his forum and he is a;ways happy to help people to the extent that he posted all his tabs and tunings bar those for airtap and percusienFa

Oh I totally understand. My ex plays acoustic. I love it but outside of him, didnt know of many artist. After looking at his stuff on you tube there, I found Erik Mongrain on myspace and sent him a message there... he seems like a nice guy. He recommended I check out someone by the name of Michael Hedges and told me of an album that should be out by winter. I look forward to hearing more for sure. happy

jaden101
bernard fanning's (of powderfinger fame) tea and sympathy...get it, hear it, love it...

JohnnyDo3
my favorite acoustic songs
Saigon kick - Love is on the way
Harem Scarem - Honestly acoustic version

Ya Krunk'd Floo
bernard fanning's (of powderfinger fame) tea and sympathy...get it, hear it, love it...

I liked Powderfinger for a while, but now I find them a bit stale. What kind of feel does 'Tea And Sympathy' have?

jaden101
whereas powderfinger stuck, for the most part, to rock tunes...tea and sympathy is almost predominantly feel good acoustic...quite pop like as well

http://main.losthighwayrecords.com/product.aspx?pid=1700&ob=rl&src=lb

he's signed as a solo artist to the same label as ryan adams...donovan frankenreiter...lyle lovett...tift merrit.

i kind of has a slight alt country edge to it as well

have a scroll through the album in the link

jaden101
and check out Scott Matthews as well...excellent stuff...good melancholy autumn song smithery

http://www.scottmatthewsmusic.co.uk/enterm.html

Ya Krunk'd Floo
whereas powderfinger stuck, for the most part, to rock tunes...tea and sympathy is almost predominantly feel good acoustic...quite pop like as well

http://main.losthighwayrecords.com/product.aspx?pid=1700&ob=rl&src=lb

he's signed as a solo artist to the same label as ryan adams...donovan frankenreiter...lyle lovett...tift merrit.

i kind of has a slight alt country edge to it as well

have a scroll through the album in the link

F*cking love it. Thanks for another gem. Amazon is on its way...

jaden101

http://www.pcbypaul.com/wpclipart/office/office_clipart/bullseye.png

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I know you've mentioned ol' G. Love before, but have you heard his newest, 'Lemonade'? It fits the mood of this thread perfectly. It features Jack, Ben, and Don, plus Blackalicious and some other crazy kats. Very chilled...

I only got it yesterday, but I'm digging it so far. 'Holla' is pure end of summer gold.

jaden101
cool....gonna have to check that one out

jaden101

i'm taking you've got this by now...what did you make of it in its entirity?

jaden101
another reco for mr floo

a band called roothub...

http://www.myspace.com/roothub

http://roothub.org/

Ya Krunk'd Floo
i'm taking you've got this by now...what did you make of it in its entirity?

Alas, it's in the basket, but it's waiting for a couple of books to become available so they all get shipped together...

another reco for mr floo

a band called roothub...

http://www.myspace.com/roothub

http://roothub.org/

Diggin' it, but I think it's gonna be difficult to get hold of...

Have you sipped from G. Love's Lemonade yet?

jaden101
Alas, it's in the basket, but it's waiting for a couple of books to become available so they all get shipped together...

Diggin' it, but I think it's gonna be difficult to get hold of...

Have you sipped from G. Love's Lemonade yet?

have indeed although not as much as i'd like due to my walkman and washing machine incident...not pleasant...

still...it gave me an excuse to buy the 80gb ipod

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Amos Lee's new joint is cookin':

http://spitsnet.nl/uploaded/IMAGES/Your%20Homemedia/CD/1010cd_amos_leegroot.jpg

There's some great, smooth tracks on there, but I've yet to find one as perfect as 'Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight'.

jaden101
see what you think of Tom Prasada Rao

http://www.myspace.com/tomprasadarao

http://thedreamsicles.com/music/drm_self_titled/beat_the_odds.mp3

http://thedreamsicles.com/music/drm_self_titled/tell_me_the_truth.mp3

http://thedreamsicles.com/music/drm_self_titled/isabella.mp3

jaden101
just back from seeing ray lamontagne in concert...and it was superb

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You're a lucky man. Question: Does the man himself smoke?

I finally got that Bernard Fanning album last week, and I'm really enjoying it. There's a lot of good songs on it, but my favourite are Hope & Validation, Sleeping Rough, and Yesterday's Gone. Great tunes.

jaden101
You're a lucky man. Question: Does the man himself smoke?

I finally got that Bernard Fanning album last week, and I'm really enjoying it. There's a lot of good songs on it, but my favourite are Hope & Validation, Sleeping Rough, and Yesterday's Gone. Great tunes.

wouldn't have been able to tell cause you're not allowed to smoke in public places in Scotland anymore...

i'll say this though...his speaking voice is very quiet and high pitched...he's says very little when he's on stage beyond "thank you very much"

yeah tea and sympathy is a great album...i personally dont think there is a bad track on it which is surprising given its length...and yeah...hope and validation is ace

jaden101
got a pretty decent view at the Ray gig...at front...not at centre unfortunately

http://a143.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/7/l_0f6f25a0b2a7d84c940c48e35a32bc36.jpg

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Nice shot! That's funny about his speaking voice considering his singing voice is so gravely.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I can't remember if you've mentioned him before - and I'm too lazy to retread the thread - but I've recently been listening to Mason Jennings. I think he's signed to the same label as Donavan Frankenreiter, and there are some similarities, but he really strikes me as a more optimistic Bob Dylan. Praise indeed!

Anyway, he's got a few albums out, but the ones I've been listening to are Use Your Voice and Boneclouds. 'If You Need A Reason' on Boneclouds is a really beautiful song.

jaden101
i'm sure i've come across his stuff somewhere...perhaps got lost in the crowd though...will need to check it out again

jaden101
cant recommend highly enough.....Lionel Neykov

http://www.myspace.com/lionelneykov

The Core
So..uh..would "Street Spirit" by Radiohead count?

jaden101
Amos Lee's new joint is cookin':

http://spitsnet.nl/uploaded/IMAGES/Your%20Homemedia/CD/1010cd_amos_leegroot.jpg

There's some great, smooth tracks on there, but I've yet to find one as perfect as 'Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight'.

check out youtube for amos lee live at abbey road...keep it loose keep it tight is superb

Ya Krunk'd Floo
check out youtube for amos lee live at abbey road...keep it loose keep it tight is superb

No! I don't want to...Ok, I will.

Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight is the most played song on my iTunes. It's so good. I love the lines: "But the people on the street / Out on buses or on feet / We all got the same blood flow." So, like, real, maaaaan.

jaden101
oh...and you might like a couple of songs by justin nozuka

be back soon
down in a cold dirty well

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ever heard of Citizen Cope? He (They?) has (have?) a few albums out. It's a little weird, but some of it is really good. Check it out. One time.

The Clarence Greenwood Recordings is a good place to start. Son's Gonna Rise is a tune.

Nellinator
I didn't realize that this was such an exclusive thread. But yah, Bob Marley is cool. Stabilo is cool too for mellowness.

Plush by STP unplugged is currently my favourite acoustic song along with Landslide by Fleetwood Mac.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's a bit of a love-fest, but all are welcome if you want to make it a gang-bang.

Stablio...I really like what I've heard from them so far, they definitely fit. Thanks for the recommendation.

Nellinator
I don't know if he has been mentioned yet, but Michael Hedges is one of the best acoustic guitarists I've ever heard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTC7kPZZmuM&mode=related&search=
Not very mellow and purely instrumental, but cool stuff on a very cool guitar.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Kidding Ourselves is a tune and a half.

Nellinator
Yep.

I thought I'd mention Jason Mraz and Emilini Torrini (like Twilight) too.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Seriously, I listened to the whole of Happiness & Disaster today; it's a great album. It's very similar in style to Bernard Fanning's Tea & Sympathy, which I also love.

Favorite tracks: Don't Look In Their Eyes, Flawed Design, Happiness & Disaster, Kidding Ourselves, Coffee Spills, If It Was Up To Me, and Everybody. All great tunes.

Thanks again, Nellinator.

Jaden, you on to this?

Imaginary
Here in Aus-town, JBT are well-liked, as well as The Beautiful Girls... but Tea and Sympathy's popularity is regarded, by some, due to the popularity of Powderfinger... of course, completely overlooking the fact that it's a good album in its own right.

I was already into JBT, Ben Harper and Jack Johnson, but I've decided to check out Xavier Rudd and Donavon Frankreiter as well.

On a different note, it's good to see a thread where there's no arguing over 'this band is crap! blah blah' wink

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The new John Butler Trio album, Grand National, is perfect for the lead up to summer. There are some great tracks: Caroline, Groovin' Slowly, Losing You, Nowhere Man, Fire In The Sky, and Gonna Take It, to name a few.

jaden101
Seriously, I listened to the whole of Happiness & Disaster today; it's a great album. It's very similar in style to Bernard Fanning's Tea & Sympathy, which I also love.

Favorite tracks: Don't Look In Their Eyes, Flawed Design, Happiness & Disaster, Kidding Ourselves, Coffee Spills, If It Was Up To Me, and Everybody. All great tunes.

Thanks again, Nellinator.

Jaden, you on to this?

not yet unfortunately...pennies are a wee bit tight at the mo...

did manage to secure tickets for JBT though...and Ray again only cause he's playing my home town (very rare to have anyone good play Dundee)

jaden101
Originally posted by Imaginary

On a different note, it's good to see a thread where there's no arguing over 'this band is crap! blah blah' wink

might have something to do with the fact that only about 4 people post in here...and we all like similar stuff...all recommendation gets checked out and appreciated though

i cracked out mofro for the 1st time in a while...i almost melted into the sunlounger with sheer chilledoutedness

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm still trying to get my grubby mitts on Mofro.

Seriously, Stablio are bliss.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLxmG9JVeLQ

jaden101
you peeps could do a lot worse than checking out Fionn Regan

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=27759526

Nellinator

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=27759526
I like him.

jaden101
thats what we're here for... big grin

jaden101
listened to stabilo...the harmonies on happiness and disaster...superb...

and JBT fans check out Newton Faulkner

http://www.myspace.com/newtonfaulkner

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, there's some great tunes on that Happiness & Disaster album: Don't Look In Their Eyes, Ordinary, Coffee Spills, and Beautiful Madness are my favorites, but their all good.

Again, that new John Butler Album is fantastic. Losing You is perfect, it's such a sweet song.

Bardock42
Yeah, there's some great tunes on that Happiness & Disaster album: Don't Look In Their Eyes, Ordinary, Coffee Spills, and Beautiful Madness are my favorites, but their all good.

Again, that new John Butler Album is fantastic. Losing You is perfect, it's such a sweet song.

Hey Gaylord, where have you been?

Also, does Leonard Cohen count? Sure he counts. He is good. And Acousitc. Also mellow sunrise beat and you (y)

Victor Von Doom
but their all good.

*point*

Aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
*point*

Aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha....sad that he will never return now that he was humiliated in such a hurtful way.

BackFire
*point*

Hey, you misspelled "I'm a huge giant AIDS infected queer." Dummy.

Victor Von Doom
T-technically that phrase is pleonastic.

BackFire
And you're fagnastic.

Filthy. Shameful, really.

Next time, spell your correct description of yourself correctly.

Victor Von Doom
Y-you did it again.

BackFire
How can you stutter while typing? You're not speaking. It can't happen.

I hate you.

Victor Von Doom
*moonwalk*

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
How can you stutter while typing? You're not speaking. It can't happen.

I hate you. T-that is not quite accurate.

BackFire
Careful, I'm behind you, naked. And hard.

You know it, too. Pretending you don't so that when insertion occurs you can act surprised.

You can't hide your smile from me. I will see it, even though you'll be in tears.

Cry for me.

BackFire
Originally posted by Bardock42
T-that is not quite accurate.

You have a photo of your gay lover in your avatar.

He's old. You like it wrinkled, eh?

Sick. ****ing German.

Bardock42
You have a photo of your gay lover in your avatar.

He's old. You like it wrinkled, eh?

Sick. ****ing German. He's also dead.

BackFire
Oh you're kinky.

Sexy too. I like it.

Bardock42
Oh you're kinky.

Sexy too. I like it.

We should totally date.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
*point*

I am hear to bring meaning to you're live.

Bardock, I've been standing on my head, swimming, running around and generally havin' a ball with this damn crew.

Imaginary

Yeah... I have Be Good or Be Gone and I like it a lot. I downloaded it off a radio station's website.

Bardock42
I am hear to bring meaning to you're live.

Bardock, I've been standing on my head, swimming, running around and generally havin' a ball with this damn crew.

**** that, come back and have no life again.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
**** that, come back and have no life again.

How can I f*ck words? Seriously...HOW?

Anyway, I've recently been dig-dig-digging Chris Cornell's new album. Some great tracks - Ghosts, Safe And Sound, Scar On The Sky, Arms Around Your Love - amongst some only OK shit.

You got somethin' fo' me, essay?

Bardock42
How can I f*ck words? Seriously...HOW?

Anyway, I've recently been dig-dig-digging Chris Cornell's new album. Some great tracks - Ghosts, Safe And Sound, Scar On The Sky, Arms Around Your Love - amongst some only OK shit.

You got somethin' fo' me, essay?

In fact I do...you should check out The Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs....pretty great. All loveish though...and since your heart is just so evil and cold you might not like it at all.

As for the mastery of ****ing words, you are not ready.

jaden101
i've been listening to cherry ghost alot recently...great stuff

see what you think

http://www.myspace.com/cherryghostband

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Xavier Rudd's new album - White Moth - is the perfect summer record.

jaden101
anyone mentioned tyrone wells yet?...immense stuff

jaden101
went to see john butler trio on tuesday night...fantastic gig

Nellinator
I'm digging the old school acoustic stuff right now. Nick Drake is king.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>