Saw 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, yeah. I'm sure there's a thread about the film somewhere, although a search didn't produce any real solid results, talking about the movie itself. C'mon, it's me, C-Dic. I can get away with this, right? thumb up Anywho, my Hollywood Video got next week's releases in, and tired as I may have been after work, I popped in "Saw 2" at 1:00 A.M, sacrificing sleep, and surrendering to the posibility I may get a visit from the Nightmare Fairy.

I'll just come right out and say it, man. I thought it was a great, great ****ing movie. In a nutshell, I appreciated the new mature direction, presentation, and tone. Also, I thought the decisive situations in which the "victims" were placed in were more intense and clever. Casting, too, was a total 180 from the original. No annoying, whiny Ken dolls in the lead role; instead a very convincing (and surprisingly effective) Donnie Wahlberg at the helm, and a solid supporting cast. Especially Tobin Bell, and his twisted sense of "humanity", which he displayed flawlessly. I really liked, and appreciated, how they opened Jigsaw up..figuratively, of course.

My only gripe about the movie is that I felt they made Jigsaw/John's scheme a little more complex than necessary. I'll spoiler tag some of it for those who haven't seen it.

We learn in the end that John had taken Amanda under his wing, after she survived and was "reborn". Now, John more or less tutored Amanda, who wanted to teach Detective Matthews a lesson. She took his son, and 7 other people who had been framed/wrongfully accused by Matthews. What was the point? They were victimized to begin with, so why the double dose? Sure they were all jailbirds at some point, but chosing them in particular made little sense to me. Perhaps, had they learned that Daniel was the detective's son, the game would have been over sooner? Maybe, had Amanda not survived, someone would have figured out the connection and used the rest of the game as their own revenge? Who's to say, the plot was just a little shaky, especially when Jigsaw was relegated to the background...which indeed made me wonder who's game it was afterall.
Just a little bump in the road that could more or less be chalked up to "what if's" or just simply drawing your own conclusion.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised with this one. So much so, I'll probably end up owning it. It's really nice to see Lions Gate correct their past mistakes, be able to work with a moderate budget, and actually turn out what I consider to be, a very solid, respectible thriller that outdoes it's predecessor tenfold.

Kudos, LGF.

BackFire
Sweet, much like yourself I didn't care much for the original, but now, seeing that a fellow disliker enjoyed the sequel, I'll give it a shot.

Impediment
I heard so many mixed reviews about Saw II, so I don't know what to expect. I'm gonna rent it out of morbid curiosity, and I'm hoping that it's nowhere in the vicinity of "god-awful-ness" like the first Saw. The one solid thing that I have gathered from word of mouth reviews, much like C-Dic's above statement, is that II is exceptionaly better than the first. So, I guess thats a plus, if anything.

Cinemaddiction
It's the morning, I didn't have any nightmares, and I still feel the same way. Loved it. laughing out loud

Seriously, though. It's definately worth a rent, if not only to see the ******* of the gang, Xavier the Latino, get his throat sliced open at the hands of Daniel by a hacksaw. Yes, hacksaw, producing one of the bloodiest slit throat scenes in Horror movie history.

LizzyT123
Saw II was SO MUCH better than the first. Good movie smile

Scarecrow756
I have not seen Saw II but have seen Saw.

Wolfie
I liked both movies equally. They both had their strengths and their weaknesses.

Glad to see that people that hated the original liked the sequel, as I've seen it the other way around as well.

LizzyT123
I don't know how people can hate the sequel. It was FAR better than the original

BackFire
Just saw it, and while I agree as a whole it's better then the first, it still suffered from the "everyone is stupid" syndrome that plagued the first movie. You'd think that after Jigsaw's history, and Eric being a cop, he'd know not to trust him.

Plus the twist was worse then the first.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by BackFire
Just saw it, and while I agree as a whole it's better then the first, it still suffered from the "everyone is stupid" syndrome that plagued the first movie. You'd think that after Jigsaw's history, and Eric being a cop, he'd know not to trust him.

Plus the twist was worse then the first.

"everyone is stupid" syndrome? Oh Backfire, you're what the spaniards call "el terible!" Thats hillarious.

Yeah, the guy who first died was an idiot.

deathbycorn
Saw was far superior to Saw 2.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Saw was far superior to Saw 2.

Not the acting. That's for damn sure.

faradayslaw
My only problem was that I knew what the twist with the killer would be, after watching the trailer once! Other than that, I thought it was a good movie.

NormaBates
I saw the sequel a week ago and i must admit that i was pleasently surprised! The sequel is sooo much more fun to watch, it's more entertaining and a lot more gore...can't wait for the dvd release!

Zilverz
I was dissappointed the SAW puppet merely had a cameo in this film. I thought he was terribly erie in the first film. Maybe because you were not really sure who was killing people and here comes this crazy looking talking puppet ... maybe since you know the killer is human and now the puppet is just a puppet takes away from it maybe ? i dont know ... there just should have been more of the puppet riding the tricycle around .. that shit is insane!

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Not the acting. That's for damn sure.

EXACTLY! Finally, someone who agrees with me that their acting totally sucked. I laughed while the guy cut his own foot off, cause the acting was so horribly DUMB! smile

LiL nAstY GirL
Originally posted by Zilverz
i dont know ... there just should have been more of the puppet riding the tricycle around .. that shit is insane!

Are you serious!? I thought that was in their for comic relief???

Zilverz
Originally posted by LiL nAstY GirL
Are you serious!? I thought that was in their for comic relief???

I am wasting my time, but how could a puppet, giving instructions to a tramatized person who is about to die in some sick trap, be funny ?

On a side note, your cross dressing signature picture is absolutely disgusting.. im surprised you still have it.

NormaBates
I kinda like her picture! For us girls it beats another pic of a dumb blonde
with big breasts!! laughing out loud

LiL nAstY GirL
Originally posted by Zilverz
I am wasting my time, but how could a puppet, giving instructions to a tramatized person who is about to die in some sick trap, be funny ?

When he rides out on the bike and looks ridiculous... I started dieing

And about the sig, Its for the exact reasons Norma said...

b-dan
Originally posted by LizzyT123
Saw II was SO MUCH better than the first. Good movie smile they are both good i like the first cuz its more of a phsycological thriller and well second is more of your normal slasher flick but it was still good

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I'll just come right out and say it, man. I thought it was a great, great ****ing movie. In a nutshell, I appreciated the new mature direction, presentation, and tone.

Either I didn't see the same movie as you, or you are displaying some form of sarcasm that has yet to be fully comprehended by most people. I thought the movie was terrible! It was boring, derivative, unintelligent and lacking in any form of maturity! After leaving the movie theater, my friend and I both said it was a complete waste of time. I WANT THOSE 93 MINUTES BACK! CHICKEN-SQUIRTERS! ARGH! BARK! MIAOW! KISS-KISS! FISH!

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Either I didn't see the same movie as you, or you are displaying some form of sarcasm that has yet to be fully comprehended by most people. I thought the movie was terrible! It was boring, derivative, unintelligent and lacking in any form of maturity! After leaving the movie theater, my friend and I both said it was a complete waste of time. I WANT THOSE 93 MINUTES BACK! CHICKEN-SQUIRTERS! ARGH! BARK! MIAOW! KISS-KISS! FISH!

The very first saw had no maturity, but the sequel did!

In the first, Adam makes these stupid jokes about using "lube" for some fun times or whatever, while he's like, going to die later!

dave123
The set up in the house wasn't all that: the traps were weak, and there was no sense of progression toward their final goal. They just stumbled about, killing each other/trying to live/failing to find antidotes.

At least in the first one, the victims were gradually getting closer to freedom.

devilsreject304
I loved the second one, way better than the original. Could have handled more gore though, WAY more.

Horror_Chic
Well i thought the second was a real head turner. I thought it was way better than the first one. Although the first one was good it lacked good acting and suspense. The second one had a better plot and twist. I still like them both but have more props for the second. Im really looking foward to seeing the third also.
Oh and the dude riding the tricycle is kinda stupid but kinda pyshco too.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by devilsreject304
I loved the second one, way better than the original. Could have handled more gore though, WAY more.

I totally agree smile

stunna1773
the person who made saw 2 is a genius and i'm looking forward big time for saw 3

Hollypoo
yeah,I loved saw 2 I actually just saw it for the first time on saturday and I watched it again yesterday (I always watch horror movies twice because I like to be able to pick up some of the clues and everything that didn't make sense to me the first time.) yeah but I'm suprised that I actually picked up on the part when jigsaw said "The numbers to the combination are in the back of your minds" I just knew that he meant it literally.Yeah but overall it was better than the original.smile

Wolfie
Originally posted by LizzyT123
The very first saw had no maturity, but the sequel did!

In the first, Adam makes these stupid jokes about using "lube" for some fun times or whatever, while he's like, going to die later!
I'm not quite sure what maturity you both are speaking of.

If Adam was cracking up, "Oh what a funny joke I just made," I'd see what you're saying.

I don't see immaturity in either movie.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Wolfie
I'm not quite sure what maturity you both are speaking of.

If Adam was cracking up, "Oh what a funny joke I just made," I'd see what you're saying.

I don't see immaturity in either movie.

What I'm trying to say is, that if I woke up in a place with another person, with my leg shackled to a big huge pipe, and I didn't know where the HELL I was, and there was no visible way of getting out of that room, I would be crackin stupid jokes about masturbating and crap like that. smile

Wolfie
Adam's the sarcastic type. smile

LizzyT123
Adam's the sarcastic type. smile

yeah, but if I was in a circumstance like that, I'd put the bitchy side of me awaysmile

Wolfie
Everyone's different. I'd probably say something to the effect of the lubricant comment. smile

And at the time he said it, they were suggesting that they were actually on a reality show.

ladygrim
i saw, saw2 today i like it really good tho werent to keen ont he first one ..liked the ending too big grin

allofyousuckkk
i dont remember any of this happening in the first one......i guess i need to rewatch it *sigh*

LizzyT123
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
i dont remember any of this happening in the first one......i guess i need to rewatch it *sigh*

eh, we are just discussing the little dumb parts, nothing major smile

LizzyT123
Originally posted by ladygrim
i saw, saw2 today i like it really good tho werent to keen ont he first one ..liked the ending too big grin

Yeah, the ending to the first one and second one was pretty awesome. I liked seeing Adam in the second movie big grin freakin hillarious man. He was "bitched"

Wolfie
I especially liked seeing Adam's dead body because all the Leigh Whannel fangirls on the Saw message board who couldn't accept Adam was dead were proven wrong.

LizzyT123
I especially liked seeing Adam's dead body because all the Leigh Whannel fangirls on the Saw message board who couldn't accept Adam was dead were proven wrong.

Adam had groupies? ewww, he was ugly.

Wolfie
Go on the House of Jigsaw boards. Half the girls (at least) on there are in love with him. laughing out loud

LizzyT123
Go on the House of Jigsaw boards. Half the girls (at least) on there are in love with him. laughing out loud

Ew, they need to get some taste

jigsaw
I Really enjoyed SAW 2 It was far more interesting than SAW. The acting was much better. For Gordon being a doctor, He should of known better than to cut off his foot.(Knowing there is a main artery there, Causing him to bleed to death.) Donnie Walhberg and Shawnee Smith did wonderful acting. I too, wish we would have seen more of the Puppet. stick out tongue

Valharu
Saw 2 was awsesome but I thought Walhberg was shit.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Valharu
Saw 2 was awsesome but I thought Walhberg was shit.

All Walbergs suck ass at acting, and being in music....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.