Vader comes back in EU?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jesse7
I have not read the EU books, but I have heard that Vader (Anakin Skywalker) comes back in EU. I have a few questions;

1. Is it Anakin Sky walker or Vader that is brought back?

2. Is it him in a full undammaged body, or is it him in a suit?

3. How is he brought back, and for what purpose?

4. How powerful is he at his strongest momment, how does he rank on the EU power tier/scale/ranking.

5. Does he die, if so how?

Thank you.

Darth Traya
I'm afraid you're mistaken. Vader/Anakin is never resurrected in the EU. Emperor Palpatine is though.

SS_181st_Snow
He Himself never comes back. There were a few Cameo-esque things tho. In an NJO novel, I think that living planet takes the avatar of a very young Anakin Skywalker.

Darth Vader (suited) made a cameo in the Young Jedi Knights book Shadow Academy, where Brakiss used a device to place an image of Darth Vader in either Jacen's or Jaina's mind, I forget which.

In the Jedi Academy trilogy book Dark Apprentice, Exar Kun took the avatar of adult Anakin Skywalker to try and lure Luke to the darkside and teach his students the Dark Side.

That's all I actually know of right now, I heard he was in the Truce at Bakura too, but I havn't read that yet, so I can't say for sure.

henniestevens
yes he is, he talks as a ghost to leia. he is just anakin then, not Vader.

Darth Traya
Well yes, as a ghost. I thought that the thread maker ment like Vader being resurrected.

Lord Septimus
There was a Vader clone that got pwned by Boba Fett as well.

Jesse7
Traya, yes I did mean as ressurected, but I am glad to find out that he has also made a few cameo's. But a vader clone defeated by boba, even if its a clone its still of vader, how did he lose to boba?

Captain REX
When did THAT happen? What the f**k?

Anyways, most of the Vader's reappearances are in ghost form or visions or tricks and traps.

SS_181st_Snow
The only time Boba defeated Vader was in the Enemy of the Empire comics with Boba Fett, where he barely defeated Vader by tossing a valuable item near a molten pit, but Vader caught it with the force, resulting in Boba's escape.

bogen
im yet to read any SW books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.