2006 Music News!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FleA1
We are starting a new year (well, we're on 09/02, but...), and it's a good date to post the music news that are comming this new year...news, rumours, new albums, all....well, perhaps it's not a great idea, but it could work. Well, I start with two news and if you have any news you should post it to let everyone know it.

- The new Red Hot Chili Peppers double CD (called 'Stadium Arcadium' ) is comming on 9 may

- And (if it come real) the most wonderful music news I've ever had...the possible return of The Smashing Pumpkins!! (without James and D'Arcy, but)

Post more news if you want it...thanks!! big grin

Df02
Will Haven are close to completing their new album, and will be posting new songs soon

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by FleA1
We are starting a new year (well, we're on 09/02, but...), and it's a good date to post the music news that are comming this new year...news, rumours, new albums, all....well, perhaps it's not a great idea, but it could work. Well, I start with two news and if you have any news you should post it to let everyone know it.

- The new Red Hot Chili Peppers double CD (called 'Stadium Arcadium' ) is comming on 9 may

- And (if it come real) the most wonderful music news I've ever had...the possible return of The Smashing Pumpkins!! (without James and D'Arcy, but)

Post more news if you want it...thanks!! big grin

05 Late News Bugle called, they said they want you back on headline duty.

-AC

Df02
Originally posted by FleA1

so basically Billy Corgan is using the name to make some more music?

Alpha Centauri
He's never said anything about that. He said he wants the band back, he never said he wishes to do it without the original members, not on his site.

There'd be no point. Although to be fair, he only needs Jimmy Chamberlain. Though no doubt there'll be the odd D'arcy fan and the odd James fan who want them there, despite not being a major part of the band.

-AC

BackFire
Hey AC, do you know when the new Tool CD is coming out? Have they announced a date or anything?

Alpha Centauri
There are many rumours flying about but all signs point to May. Blair (Tool webmaster) says that it will be hopefully earlier in the month as opposed to later, but May is the tentative date.

It's been- or is currently in the process of being- mastered. So one must assume the actual record is done (tracks chosen etc) but not "done".

-AC

BackFire
Sweet, that's way sooner then I was expecting. Thanks.

Tptmanno1
Yea, I read in a coupla places May and "Spring"
Both of which had me jumping...

Lana
I had read April before, and then heard spring....May sounds good.

Now let's just hope that that doesn't drastically change wink

Alpha Centauri
Doesn't really matter to me, I know it's this year. Good enough.

-AC

Refused
Serengeti - Gasoline Rainbows comes out the 14th of this month! He's hip-hop but he is using live instrumentation on some of his tracks which should be really interesting, closest thing to emo hip-hop (at least thats what he sometimes is labelled under) that i know of, i recommend everyone check this out. Should be good.

-hh-
Originally posted by Refused
Serengeti - Gasoline Rainbows comes out the 14th of this month! He's hip-hop but he is using live instrumentation on some of his tracks which should be really interesting, closest thing to emo hip-hop (at least thats what he sometimes is labelled under) that i know of, i recommend everyone check this out. Should be good. is Serengeti really one of the "MF's" or was that just a rumor.

Thorin
Kid Rock has a new album coming out at the end of this month, with live tracks from previous albums.

Linkin Park has there third album coming out this summer, should be good.

Refused
That's what i want to know. (about the MF tag)

Here's some of his old stuff to sample on myspace. http://www.myspace.com/serengetiemo

Turn up that bass on Maria. Shit is Awesome. smokin'

D00m
I was mad confused when hh said there was another MF. I didn't get it at the time that he was talking about Serengeti. As far as I've known him (since his first album) I never really heard that moniker but I assume it's just a homage and nothing more.

Refused
Especially with Grimm and Doom's beef right now. I don't think Grimm wants anything to do with 'MF' anymore so most likely, he wouldn't want anyone on his label with an MF tag.

D00m
Honestly I don't get where the "MF" came from involving Serengeti. I was a Huge Doom fan at the time his first album came out and I never noticed it.

StinkFist462
new Manson this year.

supposedly a new Mars Volta record is in the works for a fall/winter release.

Refused
Originally posted by StinkFist462

supposedly a new Mars Volta record is in the works for a fall/winter release.

Yah i heard. I can't wait. I'm sort of nervous about it really, i don't want it to suck.

StinkFist462
if they make a different sounding record (listen to De-Loused then Frances the Mute. you'll know what im talking about)then it will, hopefully, be good. if it's the same sound as either De-Loused or Frances, i won't particualry dislike it. i will just be somewhat disappointed.

Refused
True, they gotta keep on trying new shit, but if they manage to use the same formula from De Loused and still make and awesome album out of it, i won't mind.

I just wish they made a whole album out of their Tremulant EP, the whole vibe they were going for on that EP was awesome, all three of the tracks were amazing.

Alpha Centauri
The problem with doing that, I find, is that it loses feeling and interest.

I think Muse are a really good band but every album they've produced since their second is just another Muse album. They've got nowhere to go, they haven't got the ability to push forward and sooner or later it'll get boring.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Tool will be late May.

knight
Ray Davies has just released his first official solo album, with no other KiNKS members involved.

When his younger brother Dave recorde his 2nd solo album in 1981, he used the KiNKS drummer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.