Hawkeye vs Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
Who wins?

Black Adam
Gambit wins.

Scoobless
Hawkeye wins

thundercracker
hawkeye

Lord-of-Dreams
Hawkeye

StyleTime
People get serious. This thread was done already but I'll entertain it.

Gambit has already beaten Hawkeye before.

I'll get the scans. Gambit proved he is just as accurate as Hawkeye, is far faster and more agile, and just as crafty. He blew up any arrows shot by Hawkeye after the arrows were airborn, he dodged some arrows, and he was just as quick to the draw when they fought.

Concerning Hawkeye's arrows, "I don't have much chance for a decent shot." were Hawkeye's EXACT words. He repeatedly refers to what a formidable opponent Gambit is during their fight.

Gambit wins.

hoorayforpeepee
SCANS!

pr1983
Originally posted by StyleTime
People get serious. This thread was done already but I'll entertain it.

Gambit has already beaten Hawkeye before.

I'll get the scans. Gambit proved he is just as accurate as Hawkeye, is far faster and more agile, and just as crafty. He blew up any arrows shot by Hawkeye after the arrows were airborn, he dodged some arrows, and he was just as quick to the draw when they fought.

Concerning Hawkeye's arrows, "I don't have much chance for a decent shot." were Hawkeye's EXACT words. He repeatedly refers to what a formidable opponent Gambit is during their fight.

Gambit wins.

Seriously, i gotta see this...

jasofisc
so do I

Scoobless
It's from Contest of Champions II ...... lots of errors in that story..... lots

yes

pr1983
Originally posted by Scoobless

yes

Ah...

and thats all i have to say about that...

StyleTime

yes
There were definitely errors, but the Hawkeye vs Gambit wasn't so farfetched. It's not like Hawkeye just got straight up raped.

Sidenote:Gambit should have owned Wolverine though. Instead, Gambit just barely wins.

StyleTime
Hawkeye lies in wait unbeknownst to our adventurers.
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/5561/beatinghawkeye13ji.th.jpg
Gambit thwarts Hawkeye's attack and simultaneously throws him out of hiding.
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/3372/beatinghawkeye24ii.th.jpg
Hawkeye makes a tactical retreat while commenting on how formidable Gambit is.
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/3977/beatinghawkeye32ql.th.jpg
Very nice move by Hawkeye. Gambit also shows he is quick to the draw.
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/1769/beatinghawkeye47zn.th.jpg
Gambit is a good sport and carries Hawkeye with him.
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/6309/beatinghawkeye50ve.th.jpg

Black Adam
Gambit throws a card before hawkeye can react.

hawkeye goes asplode. The end.

willRules
Hawkeye wins. Contest of Champions 2 showed that Gambit could win, but then again in the contest of champions 2, wolverine beat Hercules. Thats right HERCULES

Black Adam
No prep I still give it to Gambit 10/10.

with prep I'll give it to Hawkeye 7/10

So TheKahn which is it? prep or no prep.

StyleTime
Originally posted by willRules
Hawkeye wins. Contest of Champions 2 showed that Gambit could win, but then again in the contest of champions 2, wolverine beat Hercules. Thats right HERCULES
LIke I said, not everything was realistic, but Gambit fighting Hawkeye wasn't too far off the mark.

Wolverine ALWAYS beats people he shouldn't lol. No need for Contest of Champions for that.

Scoobless
CoC II had the massive glaring mistake of Hawkeye somehow being able to move freely throught the ship in the first place with no explanation whatsoever..... and he and Gambit obviously seemed to be working together at the end when they sucker-punch Rogue/Brood Queen after coming down from the rafters

LordFear
i LIKE THIS ONE. SIMPLE and the winner is Gambit but not an easy win

Scoobless
nope, Hawkeye wins

yes

King_Mungi
nope, Hawkeye wins

yes

haha, best arguement ever.

hoorayforpeepee
the gambit feat i love to mention: in the first (second?) arc of gambit's latest solo series, he draws, charges, and fires a card fifty meters, hits a one-millimeter target with the card, and does it all within a quarter-second.

gambit can be scary when he's serious.

Lord-of-Dreams
that is scary... but damn, so's hawkeye!! he's kinda like greenarrow in that he steps up against guys he really shouldn't. Magneto, Quicksilver... actually, those are the only two I've ever seen lol. I just think that HE is too versitile for Gambit, once he sees Gambit's power, he knows it and its pretty predictable, but he has a grand arsenal of varying powers, you know? And phisically, I say it's pretty even.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
that is scary... but damn, so's hawkeye!! he's kinda like greenarrow in that he steps up against guys he really shouldn't. Magneto, Quicksilver... actually, those are the only two I've ever seen lol. I just think that HE is too versitile for Gambit, once he sees Gambit's power, he knows it and its pretty predictable, but he has a grand arsenal of varying powers, you know? And phisically, I say it's pretty even.

Physically I think Hawkeye may be stronger but Gambit is defiantly faster and more agile.

Given prep Hawkeye wins the majority. No prep leaves him a stain on the ground before he even lifts his bow to aim.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Black Adam
Physically I think Hawkeye may be stronger but Gambit is defiantly faster and more agile.

Given prep Hawkeye wins the majority. No prep leaves him a stain on the ground before he even lifts his bow to aim.

Come on, Hawkeye is bound to have an anti-mutant arrow wink

Really, how sad is it to be a superhero without any powers and just a bow and arrow. sad

Scoobless
Originally posted by TheKahn

yup.... but he just calls it a standard steel tip arrow evil face

Really, how sad is it to be a superhero without any powers and just a bow and arrow. sad

That's what makes him so damn cool cool

lots of heroes don't have powers - Hawkeye, Batman, Iron-Man, etc, etc....

StyleTime

laughing
It does seem lame when you actually stop and think about it lol. Hawkeye is cool though.
That's what makes him so damn cool cool
Agreed.
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
the gambit feat i love to mention: in the first (second?) arc of gambit's latest solo series, he draws, charges, and fires a card fifty meters, hits a one-millimeter target with the card, and does it all within a quarter-second.

gambit can be scary when he's serious.
One of my favorite feats as well. Gambit is scary when he is serious.
I am not even sure Hawkeye is stronger. In the above mention feat, one of Gambit's cards cut into the metal detonation switch. Throwing cards in general seems like it would require more strength than shooting arrows.
Gambit isn't stupid, but Hawkeye is definitely smarter and better equipped for a preparatory battle so he'd take that. Agreed.

Lord-of-Dreams
True, it would take more strength to throw cards, but I'm quite certain they're not normal poker cards... And when they're powered up, they are pretty strong.
The fat that HE kept up with the avengers makes him pretty amazing, dontcha think? wink But, maybe Gambit is too good...

StyleTime
True, it would take more strength to throw cards, but I'm quite certain they're not normal poker cards... And when they're powered up, they are pretty strong.
The fat that HE kept up with the avengers makes him pretty amazing, dontcha think? wink But, maybe Gambit is too good...
Don't get me wrong. Hawkeye is a very tough opponent and is underestimated. However, Gambit is also extremely underestimated because he rarely fights to his fullest. He is usually only serious when dealing with the Assassin's Guild or when he is in life-threatening trouble. Gambit is also a very tough contender when he's serious.

The card that cut through Tanaka's detonation switch was uncharged.

Lord-of-Dreams
word? Ok, that is amazing... Now, I am completely liable to change, but I still think that HE will be able to stay alive long enough to pull it off. He's no fool, he's gonna stay far away and fire explosives and nets.

hoorayforpeepee
it was charged, just not enough to be explosive.

Lord-of-Dreams
ah, yeah, as I said...

StyleTime
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
it was charged, just not enough to be explosive.
I don't believe Gambit has ever charged a card and it didn't explode. The card was also shown sticking out of the detonator like a plain card.
ah, yeah, as I said...
Even if it is charged, that doesn't mean that charged cards are easier to throw. They don't become harder just because they are going to explode.

marvelprince
Gambit wins. Hawkeye is great and all but Gambit...makes things asplode. Come on smile

Seriously, Gambit is faster and more agile plus he is just so proficient with his cards and basically any other projectile. Hawkeye is deadly with his bow and a beast that shouldn't be underestimated. The problem is that Gambit is even more underestimated that Hawkeye and thats what he uses to win. Hawkeye is just too outmatched here. Gambut 7/10

snoopdogg
Gambit.

the ninjak
Gambit has enhanced agility.

He wins anyway.

SuperiorTech
Gambit

snoopdogg
Bump.

rotiart
As far as chargin things... Isn't gambits powerto charge things with kinetic energy... Ie the energy of motion itself? A card can be thrown and accelerated by gambit based upon his powers principles... And then never blow up... Why does it have to?

Stoic
Doesn't Gambit have super human agility? I think that this would be a decent fight but I think Gambit would win.

Razior
Gambit wins

Stoic
Gambit can also charge up that quarter staff and tear Hawkeye's entire world down. I take back how this would be a decent fight. If Gambit got serious on Hawkeye, he could ruin any chances of him winning by detonating his bow.

Bentley
Originally posted by Stoic
Gambit can also charge up that quarter staff and tear Hawkeye's entire world down. I take back how this would be a decent fight. If Gambit got serious on Hawkeye, he could ruin any chances of him winning by detonating his bow.

If Gambit gets close enough to Hawkeye to charge his bow then it's over. But he won't.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Bentley
If Gambit gets close enough to Hawkeye to charge his bow then it's over. But he won't.
why would he need to? He can simply fling charged cards at him instead.

Prep-Man
Can Gambit charge stuff without touching it? He's done it once from what I remember.

Dum Dum Dugan
That was new son gambit, he yet to show that power at his current levels.

Prep-Man
Not the uber one that charged up the Phoenix, just regular Gambit. I'm sure he did it to a small item.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Not the uber one that charged up the Phoenix, just regular Gambit. I'm sure he did it to a small item.
No he dident, people recently tried to argue he did it to some guns, but upon further look at the scans you can see him touch the gun.

Prep-Man
Gambit solo series?

StyleTime
I think he's talking about X-Men Legacy. Can't remember the issue off the top of my head. It's around 220-225. Gambit charges a couple of Shi'ar douches' guns and it looks like he isn't touching the guns in the panel.

Prep-Man
What I'm talking about is something that happened a while ago. 90's or so. IIRC, he did it once, but never did it again. Could be wrong, though.

the ninjak
That feat shouldn't count especially if based on bad artwork.

Remy needs to touch the objects lets just stick with that.

Clint could never repeat the feats Remy displayed in his solo series.

Though if this was an assassination attempt Clint takes this.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Prep-Man
What I'm talking about is something that happened a while ago. 90's or so. IIRC, he did it once, but never did it again. Could be wrong, though.
In his early appearances, Gambit charged objects with his eyes. That may be what you're talking about.

Bentley
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
why would he need to? He can simply fling charged cards at him instead.

And Hawkeye can throw arrows at him. One way or another Clint's better off fighting Gambit from the distance.

The one with the superpowers wins.

SamZED
Hope you mean Clint. The guy was herald level during Dark Reign.

I guess that makes nick fury and capitain america skyfathers.

SamZED
Nick no.

Cap on the other hand..

Bentley
Hawkeye's arrows are just too much...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.