Last Words of Famous People

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Hey all, thought this would be fun. Feel free to chime in on any of the ones I post, make fun of, add new ones, etc.

Note: While it's probably well known that I'm a Christian/Creationist, I only started this thread for fun, discussion, and insight.

No agendas. Some are faith-based, some are not. Some are funny, some are not.

Fearful Last Words:

Cardinal Borgia : "I have provided in the course of my life for everything except death, and now, alas, I am to die unprepared."

Elizabeth the First : "All my possesions for one moment of time."

Kurt Cobain (suicide note): "Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your altar. Please keep going Courtney, for Frances. For her life will be so much happier without me. I love you. I love you.

Ludwig Van Beethoven : 'Too bad, too bad! It's too late!"

Thomas Hobbs : "I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap into the dark."

Anne Boleyn : "O God, have pity on my soul. O God, have pity on my soul."

Prince Henry of Wales : "Tie a rope round my body, pull me out of bed, and lay me in ashes, that I may die with repentant prayers to an offended God. O! I in vain wish for that time lost with you and others in vain recreations."

Socrates : "All of the wisdom of this world is but a tiny raft upon which we must set sail when we leave this earth. If only there was a firmer foundation upon which to sail, perhaps some divine word."

Sigmund Freud : "The meager satisfaction that man can extract from reality leaves him starving."

Tony Hancock (British comedian): "Nobody will ever know I existed. Nothing to leave behind me. Nothing to pass on. Nobody to mourn me. That's the bitterest blow of all."

Phillip III, King of France : "What an account I shall have to give to God! How I should like to live otherwise than I have lived."

Voltaire (skeptic): "I am abandoned by God and man! I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months life. Then I shall go to hell; and you will go with me. O Christ! O Jesus Christ!"

(The talented French writer once said of Jesus: 'Curse the wretch!' He stated, 'Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror...Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd and bloody religion that has ever infected the world.' He also boasted, 'In twenty years Christianity will be no more. My single hand shall destroy the edifice it took twelve apostles to rear.'
Some years later, Voltaire's house was used by the Geneva Bible Society to print Bibles. big grin)

Philisophical Last Words:

Sir Walter Raliegh (at his execution): "So the heart be right, it is no matter which way the head lieth."

Aldus Huxley (humanist): "It is a bit embarassing to have been concerned with the human porblem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than: Try and be a little kinder."

Karl Marx : " Go on, get out! Last words are for fools who haven't said enough!"

Napolean : "I marvel that where the ambitious dreams of myself and of Alexander and of Caesar should have vanished into thin air, a Judean peasant Jesus should be able to stretch his hands across the centuries, and control the destinies of men and nations."

Leonardo da Vinci : " I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have."

Tolstoy : " Even in the valley of the shadow of death, two and two do not make six."

Benjamin Franklin : " A dying man can do nothing easy."

Grotius : "I have lived my life in a laborious doing of nothing."

Unexpected Demise

H.G. Wells : "Go away: I'm alright."

General John Sedgwcik (during the heat of battle in 1864): "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"

Bing Crosby : " That was a great game of golf."

Mahatma Ghandi : " I am late by ten minutes. I hate being late. I like to be at prayer punctually at the stroke of five."

Diana (Spencer) , Princess of Wales: : " My God. What's happened?" (per police files)

Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. : " Never felt better."

Franklin D. Roosevelt : " I have a terrific headache."

Sal Mineo (stabbed through the heart): "Oh God! No! Help! Somebody help!"

Jesse James : "It's awfully hot today."

Lee Harvey Oswald : " I will be glad to discuss this proposition with my attorney, and that after I talk with one, we could either discuss it with him or discuss it with my attorney, if the attorney thinks it is a wise thing to do, but at the present time I have nothing more to say to you."

Unusual Last Words

Vincent Van Gough : "I shall never get rid of this depression."

James Dean : "My fun days are over."

Oscar Wilde : " My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go..."

W.C. Fields : "I'm looking for a loophole."

Louis XVII : "I have something to tell you..."

Assurance of Salvation

Jonathan Edwards : " Trust in God and you shall have nothing to fear."

Patrick Henry : "Doctor, I wish you to observe how real and beneficial the religion of Christ is to a man about to die..."

John Owen : "I am going to Him whom my soul loveth, or rather who has loved me with an everlasting love, which is the sole ground of all my consolaition."

D. L. Moody : " I see earth receeding: heaven is opening. God is calling me."

Lew Wallace (author of Ben Hur ): " Thy will be done."

John Milton (British poet): "Death is the great key that opens the palace of Eternity."

Martin Luther : " Into Thy hands I commend my spirit! Thou has redeemed me, O God of truth."

David Livingstone : "Build me a hut to die in. I am going home."

Alexander Hamilton : " I have a tender reliance on the mercy of the Almighty, through the merits of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am a sinner. I look to him for mercy."

Andrew Jackson : "My dear children, do not grieve for me...I am God's. I belong to Him. I go but a short time before you, and...I hope and trust to meet you all in heaven."

Daniel Webster (just before his death): "The great mystery is Jesus Christ the gospel. What would the condition of any of us be if we had not the hope of immortality?...Thank God, the gospel of Jesus Christ brought life and immortality to light. His last words were: I still live."

William Shakespear : "I commend my soul into the hands of God my Creator, hoping and assuredly believing, through the only merits of Jesus Christ my Savior, to be made partaker of life everlasting; and my body to the earth, whereof it was made."

Charles Dickens : "I commit my soul to the mercy of God, through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and I exhort my dear children humbly to try and guide themselves by the teaching of the New Testament."

smile

finti
Harold- arrow what fu*cking arrow
JFK-no it is you jackie that bend over for a blow jobI sith sit straight(dallas nov 1963)
Honey you know you resemble a monkey- GWB

debbiejo
I've never ever read that... blink

Must be blocked out of US papers...........Either that or.........Propaganda..

finti
Anybody got sun lotion- Jesus around easter 33 ad

Gregory
Voltaire's last words, upon being asked if he would renounce Satan, was that this was no time to be making new enemies.

debbiejo
Buddha- Where's the X-lax.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Gregory
Voltaire's last words, upon being asked if he would renounce Satan, was that this was no time to be making new enemies.

I'm inclined to believe you. It sounds more like what he would say.

I posted these for fun/discussion... but I'm not authorizing any of it.

I'm just a lowley copier. sad

(Note: If anybody has a different quote than one I/anybody else posts, feel free to post it.)

Thanks Greg. smile

debbiejo
One of my favorites:

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

Albert Einstein.

Shakyamunison
Hey! every body look at me. eek! laughing

debbiejo
blink laughing out loud

You gotta tell the whole joke though...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
blink laughing out loud

You gotta tell the whole joke though...

It's not my joke (Jeff Foxworthy sp?). I'll let him tell it.

sithsaber408
One of my favorites:

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

Albert Einstein.

Another good Einstein quote:

"In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views."

-The Expanded Quotalble Einstien, Princeton University Press, pg.214

a1hsauce
Joe Schmo, talking on the phone driving on the free way "Ohhh Shit!"

debbiejo
The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Albert Einstein..........and soooo true!

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

Blaise Pachel

sithsaber408
The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Albert Einstein..........and soooo true!

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

Blaise Pachel

Yeah, actually that's the best one of his yet!!! eek!

Nice find, debbie. smile

The second one is also very true. sad

debbiejo
She's so pure, Moses couldn't even part her knees.
-- Joan Rivers (on Marie Osmond)

blink

T.M
Nelson: Drink, Drink, Fan, Fan, Rub, Rub.

debbiejo
All men hear is blah, blah, blah, blah, SEX, blah, blah, blah, FOOD, blah, blah, blah, BEER.
-- Dennis Leary wink

sithsaber408
She's so pure, Moses couldn't even part her knees.
-- Joan Rivers (on Marie Osmond)

blink

Apparently Donny got a little help from the Man, then? stick out tongue

T.M
James M. Barrie: I can't sleep.

debbiejo
The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.
-- William Clayton confused

T.M
Jesus Christ: Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.
From Luke 23:46

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by T.M
Jesus Christ: Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.
From Luke 23:46

Come on... Let's stay with famous people. eek! laughing

debbiejo
Jesus wept..............shortest verse .

Ok ok...famous people..

It's been so long since I made love, I can't even remember who gets tied up. ~Joan Rivers

In my sex fantasy, nobody ever loves me for my mind. ~Nora Ephron

You think I need to go out on a date or something......OH, my one tract mind.......lol laughing out loud

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Is there anybody more famous/infamous?

wink

(See Napolean's last words in the opening post.)

T.M
Malcolm X: Let's cool it brothers.
Spoken to his assassins, 3 men who shot him 16 times.

Edgar Allan Poe: Lord help my poor soul.

debbiejo
Bart, stop pestering Satan!
- Marge Simpson
laughing out loud

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
- Mae West

Oh, I love Mae West quotes....

T.M
Dylan Thomas: I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record (Welsh Poet)

Erskine Childers: Take a step forward, lads. It will be easier that way. (Irish patriot)
Executed by firing squad.

Sean Flannagan: I love you.
Spoken to the executioner. Executed by injection.

jaden101
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." (General John Sedgwick, battle of Spotsylvania, 1864)

i always loved that one...pure gold of the highest order

jaden101
Claudel, Paul (1868-1955)
"Doctor, do you think it could have been the sausage?"

Hubbock, Chris
"And now, in keeping with Channel 40's policy of always bringing
you the latest in blood and guts, in living colour, you're about to
see another first--an attempted suicide."
(just before she shot herself during a live broadcast)

Jolson, Al (1886-1950)
"This is it. I'm going. I'm going."

Mussolini, Benito (1883-1945)
"But, but, mister Colonel..."
(Before being executed.)

Oates, Lawrence (1880-1912)
"I am just going outside and may be some time."
(Before vanishing into the blizzard on the ill fated Antarctic expedition.)

Bardock42
Legend goes that Goethe said just before his death "More Light...." is that worth a mention? Not in my opinion...damn.

Great Vengeance
Just before his death, Einstein muttered something in German but the nurse who was in the room didnt quite catch what he said... sad

sithsaber408
BUMP. zorro

Just thinking back on the original post,....

It's amazing how many of our most creative/innovative people were really "scared" and "duped" into being Christians. wink smile

Mr Brightside
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
How can he not be famous? Everyone here knows who he is and what he's about... He's the most famous person mentioned so far!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mr Brightside
How can he not be famous? Everyone here knows who he is and what he's about... He's the most famous person mentioned so far!

**I pull you to the side and whisper in your ear. "It was sarcasm" Looks around to make sure no one noticed**

debbiejo
Anyone in your family ever died right after saying: "Hey, watch this."

Or

Ya have to ask someone how to spell LOL.

Or

Ya think yer homepage is where ya really live.

Or

People are scared to touch your bathrobe.

You know you're a redneck if:

http://www.riches2surf.com/RedneckIf.htm

I didn't get enough sleep last night... embarrasment

Bardock42
And that has to do with famous people, how...?

debbiejo
Famous Rednecks??? embarrasment

finti
Bill Clinton is one hell of a famous redneck.........piiiiiig sooooooooooooooooieeeeeeeeeeeee razorbacks

debbiejo
Well then he said those things...........lol

finti
and then there is me second to Bill the most famous one from Arkansas

debbiejo
But it's Arkansas..... stick out tongue .....You know...Arkansas...

finti
combined with my Norse charm that combo is irresistible

debbiejo
Hmmmmmmmm........]Arkansas

OK

finti
hmmmmmmmmmmmm and then the irresistible Norse

debbiejo
Is that the one with the Ice blue eyes?????...

finti
cant help I was provided by such eyes

debbiejo
HAHAHHAHAHAHA..........I don't think youre god........more like Loki.

finti
nah loki was dark haired brownd skinned damn more like an Israeli or someone around that area, you do the math

debbiejo
Oh..........hmmmmmmm......ok........

Male Medusa.

finti
You bond to think that Im on the shore from a sea that never came, nows the time to find the time, I have done what has to be done, voices call the nameless one crying all of the time , tales of no one in my sleep stepping out into the night
But you said your song Medusa the one with the head of fire , but the legend of Medusa lies of the devils side - Trapeze song Medusa

Sir Whirlysplat
"Kiss me Hardy", but Nelson probably never said it.

debbiejo
Doesn Madusa have icy blue eyes???? and think it's god????....and lumpy pants..........hahaha

finti
well she somhow thorugh mythology got icy eyes no one ever menntion the color, real life thogh who cares I just find it useful whenever I wanna nail a brod

debbiejo
That's unless you've come up against someone with haunting brown eyes........Then it's all over for such a god.

finti
nah, not to brag but regardles color they always found my eyes haunting, Spain was cool Lebanon, oh me oh my I felt like a selable product

debbiejo
An inanimate object were you????????......

finti
maybe, depends on my mood

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
maybe, depends on my mood laughing out loud A shape shifter huh?????????.........Whooooooo

finti
ok then whenever

debbiejo
Whenever???.......Or what ever?

finti
when ever and how ever devil

debbiejo
laughing out loud blink Well the creative force is powerful...Even from the biginning of the universe.

finti
yeah we all evolved from Norway

debbiejo
Not the Roman gods........ roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
yeah they did

debbiejo
No they didn't...nah ah...

finti
with me they did , they didnt dare otherwide

debbiejo
Ohhhhh in your world......... laughing out loud

In my world we were the power!!..........

finti
even there its all about me deb

debbiejo
Were you there then????....I don't remember seeing in you in my royal court.

riv6672
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Hey all, thought this would be fun. Feel free to chime in on any of the ones I post, make fun of, add new ones, etc.

Note: While it's probably well known that I'm a Christian/Creationist, I only started this thread for fun, discussion, and insight.

No agendas. Some are faith-based, some are not. Some are funny, some are not.

Fearful Last Words:

Cardinal Borgia : "I have provided in the course of my life for everything except death, and now, alas, I am to die unprepared."

Elizabeth the First : "All my possesions for one moment of time."

Kurt Cobain (suicide note): "Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your altar. Please keep going Courtney, for Frances. For her life will be so much happier without me. I love you. I love you.

Ludwig Van Beethoven : 'Too bad, too bad! It's too late!"

Thomas Hobbs : "I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap into the dark."

Anne Boleyn : "O God, have pity on my soul. O God, have pity on my soul."

Prince Henry of Wales : "Tie a rope round my body, pull me out of bed, and lay me in ashes, that I may die with repentant prayers to an offended God. O! I in vain wish for that time lost with you and others in vain recreations."

Socrates : "All of the wisdom of this world is but a tiny raft upon which we must set sail when we leave this earth. If only there was a firmer foundation upon which to sail, perhaps some divine word."

Sigmund Freud : "The meager satisfaction that man can extract from reality leaves him starving."

Tony Hancock (British comedian): "Nobody will ever know I existed. Nothing to leave behind me. Nothing to pass on. Nobody to mourn me. That's the bitterest blow of all."

Phillip III, King of France : "What an account I shall have to give to God! How I should like to live otherwise than I have lived."

Voltaire (skeptic): "I am abandoned by God and man! I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months life. Then I shall go to hell; and you will go with me. O Christ! O Jesus Christ!"

(The talented French writer once said of Jesus: 'Curse the wretch!' He stated, 'Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror...Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd and bloody religion that has ever infected the world.' He also boasted, 'In twenty years Christianity will be no more. My single hand shall destroy the edifice it took twelve apostles to rear.'
Some years later, Voltaire's house was used by the Geneva Bible Society to print Bibles. big grin)

Philisophical Last Words:

Sir Walter Raliegh (at his execution): "So the heart be right, it is no matter which way the head lieth."

Aldus Huxley (humanist): "It is a bit embarassing to have been concerned with the human porblem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than: Try and be a little kinder."

Karl Marx : " Go on, get out! Last words are for fools who haven't said enough!"

Napolean : "I marvel that where the ambitious dreams of myself and of Alexander and of Caesar should have vanished into thin air, a Judean peasant Jesus should be able to stretch his hands across the centuries, and control the destinies of men and nations."

Leonardo da Vinci : " I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have."

Tolstoy : " Even in the valley of the shadow of death, two and two do not make six."

Benjamin Franklin : " A dying man can do nothing easy."

Grotius : "I have lived my life in a laborious doing of nothing."

Unexpected Demise

H.G. Wells : "Go away: I'm alright."

General John Sedgwcik (during the heat of battle in 1864): "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"

Bing Crosby : " That was a great game of golf."

Mahatma Ghandi : " I am late by ten minutes. I hate being late. I like to be at prayer punctually at the stroke of five."

Diana (Spencer) , Princess of Wales: : " My God. What's happened?" (per police files)

Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. : " Never felt better."

Franklin D. Roosevelt : " I have a terrific headache."

Sal Mineo (stabbed through the heart): "Oh God! No! Help! Somebody help!"

Jesse James : "It's awfully hot today."

Lee Harvey Oswald : " I will be glad to discuss this proposition with my attorney, and that after I talk with one, we could either discuss it with him or discuss it with my attorney, if the attorney thinks it is a wise thing to do, but at the present time I have nothing more to say to you."

Unusual Last Words

Vincent Van Gough : "I shall never get rid of this depression."

James Dean : "My fun days are over."

Oscar Wilde : " My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go..."

W.C. Fields : "I'm looking for a loophole."

Louis XVII : "I have something to tell you..."

Assurance of Salvation

Jonathan Edwards : " Trust in God and you shall have nothing to fear."

Patrick Henry : "Doctor, I wish you to observe how real and beneficial the religion of Christ is to a man about to die..."

John Owen : "I am going to Him whom my soul loveth, or rather who has loved me with an everlasting love, which is the sole ground of all my consolaition."

D. L. Moody : " I see earth receeding: heaven is opening. God is calling me."

Lew Wallace (author of Ben Hur ): " Thy will be done."

John Milton (British poet): "Death is the great key that opens the palace of Eternity."

Martin Luther : " Into Thy hands I commend my spirit! Thou has redeemed me, O God of truth."

David Livingstone : "Build me a hut to die in. I am going home."

Alexander Hamilton : " I have a tender reliance on the mercy of the Almighty, through the merits of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am a sinner. I look to him for mercy."

Andrew Jackson : "My dear children, do not grieve for me...I am God's. I belong to Him. I go but a short time before you, and...I hope and trust to meet you all in heaven."

Daniel Webster (just before his death): "The great mystery is Jesus Christ the gospel. What would the condition of any of us be if we had not the hope of immortality?...Thank God, the gospel of Jesus Christ brought life and immortality to light. His last words were: I still live."

William Shakespear : "I commend my soul into the hands of God my Creator, hoping and assuredly believing, through the only merits of Jesus Christ my Savior, to be made partaker of life everlasting; and my body to the earth, whereof it was made."

Charles Dickens : "I commit my soul to the mercy of God, through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and I exhort my dear children humbly to try and guide themselves by the teaching of the New Testament."

smile

http://i.imgur.com/NZvXYQ8.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.