Jaina Solo vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
All-out fight.

Who wins?

MasterAshenVor
Jaina Solo...she is more experienced and has a great command of the force and is a better saberist in my opinion she would wipe the floor with him and use him as ass wipe

kamhal
What exactly did Jaina to make her a great duelist?

tulakhordpwns
Maul
better saberist???
what has she ever done?
Maul defeated possibly the second best jedi saberist of his time(Anoon)

darthsith19
Yeah, Jaina probably wins, wasn't she one of the top NJO Jedi right up with Kyp and Jacen? I will admit that I know very little about Jaina, though.

tulakhordpwns
i haven't read all the NJO, but i have read some and DN and LotF and she is pathetic

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I love Jaina dearly, but she is seriously outmatched, outpowered and outskilled. Maul kills her.

MasterAshenVor
Has Maul ever been called the SWORD OF THE SITH no Jaina was called THE SWORD OF THE JEDI that has to mean SOMETHING about her skill

vader11
I think Maul wins. stick out tongue

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Has Maul ever been called the SWORD OF THE SITH no Jaina was called THE SWORD OF THE JEDI that has to mean SOMETHING about her skill

"Sword of the Jedi" does mean something but I don't know yet. Someone else may know.

Quark_666
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
i haven't read all the NJO, but i have read some and DN and LotF and she is pathetic

Pathetic? I don't think you and me are thinking of the same person. Jaina might not always be the sharpest character in the books, but we're talking about lightsaber combat.

I still agree that Maul wins, though.

VinCon01
1) He's been referred to as one of the greatest weapons the Sith have ever produced, if I remember correctly.

2) No, actually, that doesn't have to mean anything about her skill whatsoever. We don't know what it means. It could have something to do with a position she'll take in the Jedi Order, or a philosophical standpoint that she'll have, or hell, maybe a political position she'll fill, or a dozen other things that don't have to be related to her physical or Force capabilities at all. Calling someone "The Sword of the Jedi" in no way, shape, or form automatically points to ability or skill.

That's like trying to argue that Dumbledore couldn't take Harry in a fight during Harry's first year because he's never been called the Boy-Who-Lived.

To answer the question: I've yet to see Jaina do anything extremely impressive. Maul gets this one until she starts slapping people around a little more.

Quark_666
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor

I'll bet "Sword of the Sith" is a harder title to gain then "Sword of the Jedi", just going off the fact that it is impossible. There are only two Sith alive at one time. If you are the Master of the two, its kind of pointless to call yourself "the sword" now, isn't it? You are just competing with your apprentice. If you are the apprentice, and your Master calls you his sword, well thats just another way of saying he's too busy to do all his killing himself, so he's going to send you out to kill people for him. evil face

If Maul were the best combatant in history (I know he isn't, but if he were), how would he gain that title? Some guy gets a glimpse of some hooded figure fly out of nowhere and kill a couple of random people with a lightsaber and disappear out of nowhere, and suddenly he is going to say, "Ooo, thats Darth Maul, Sword of the Sith"? No! Nobody in Maul's time even knew the Sith existed! If he gets a view of Maul at all, he'll remember an insane crackpot Zabrak with messed up tattoos and a really bad temper!

How is Sword of the Sith better then Lord of the Sith anyway?

tulakhordpwns
Luke called her the sword of the Jedi in a trance, he has no clue what it means, he was not reffering to any fighting skill

Quark_666
Dang, Luke goes into way too many trances.

kamhal
Yeah, Maul takes this.

And Dumbledore rulez!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.