A thought...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RvB]Tucker
If you really think about it, you would realize that none of the stuff that happened between Anakin and Obi-Wan and Palpatine and all the other stuff. Luke and and such and such. None opf that woulda happened if it weren't for Darth Maul. If Darth Maul had just killed TPM obi-wan instead of glaoting for those extra ten seconds, Obi-Wan woulda died, Anakin would not have been trained, he wouldn't fal in love with Padme, wouldn't fall to the dark side..such and such.

But of course theirs the "destiny" thing thay can come into action. Like he coulda ended up getting tuaaght by a ith lord anyway. Or the Council would make him a jedi anyway... I don't know. Its just one of the things I think about in bed at night. Cowering in fear from Chuck Norris...

Faroth
Did Darth Maul ever gloat?

RvB]Tucker
yes he did. When Obi-wan was dangling from that little nub in the shaft that Maul eventually falls down, Maul, instead of just force pushing obi--wan off the nub, or slicing his hands off or something, Maul started repeatedly strike the ground above Obi-Wan, making sparks appear. I think that was like maul's silent monologue.

Faroth
That's not gloating... Gloating is rejoicing after victory.

He was merely taunting Obi-Wan.

Sesse
gloat: malicious satisfaction

Taunting: derisive: abusing vocally; expressing contempt or ridicule; "derisive laughter"; "a jeering crowd"; "her mocking smile"; "taunting shouts of `coward' and `sissy'"

steverules
I don't get why Maul didn't just kill him. He just stands there making a few sparks and then gets his butt beaten by a padawan when he was easily able to beat the master.

Faroth
Who was a knight.

RvB]Tucker
Qui-gon wasn't a master. He would have been deamed one if it wasn't for his unorthodox style of dealing with things.

Tangible God
Thanks to Maul's taunt, Obi trained Anakin, who fell to the Dark Side, and helped the Sith conquer the galaxy. If it weren't for Maul, the Sith may not have won. Isn't that what he wanted all along?

General G
So, everyone who kept saying that Darth Maul was the most pointless character in the series better read this forum and think twice.

truejedi
Originally posted by RvB]Tucker
Qui-gon wasn't a master. He would have been deamed one if it wasn't for his unorthodox style of dealing with things.
He was a Jedi Master, he just wasn't on the council. He would have been appointed to the Jedi Council except for his unorthodox style of dealing with things.

Also, there are a lot of moments in episode 1 where "none of this would have happened" If r2d2 hadn't repaired the ship, if anakin hadn't won the race, if watto would have accepted credits.... (heck, that would make Watto the most important character in the series, otherwise he would have sold his part, and qui gonn would have flown away...

RvB]Tucker
yes but as Qui-gon said, their were alot of differant junl shops to choose from. but your point is definantly a good one.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by RvB]Tucker
yes but as Qui-gon said, their were alot of differant junl shops to choose from. but your point is definantly a good one.

yes uh-huh... yes

Darth Subjekt
ok...what if Ani didnt duck when qui gon said so, what if Mauls probe droid didnt find anything, what if the ship that R2 fixed took a different course and never go hit? theres a lot more like you all said, but i wouldnt credit Maul for everthing. What if the Jedi actually had the foresight to see Palps for what he really was? List can on and on.

Blaxican_Jedi
actually the real question is...what if the big bang never happened?

Darth Subjekt
touche'

The Overmaster
laughing LOL! laughing

Cascador
What would have happened...Let me speculate...the blockade still would have been won....Palpatine still became supreme chancellor and would still have Maul as an apprentice...If the Jedi didn't train Anakin by someone else (who knows what would have happened...they can't just leave him on Coruscant and sending him back to his mother under slavery would also be cruel) Palpatine would probably taken him himself. He could have trained Anakin himself or keep Maul. Either way...the clone army would still have comed, palpatine would get his emergency powers and the rest would be the same....after the clone wars he would have just sent if not for Anakin another apprentice with his legion to defeat the temple, he would have hinted the Jedi in another way he was a Sith...so that he could declare them as traitors once they tried to arrest him. Empire would come...

Tangible God
The real what if is: What if Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's Republic Ambassadorial Ship had docked at a different Federation ship?

willman
what if lucas never made star wars?

Cascador
Originally posted by willman
what if lucas never made star wars?

then we wouldn't be talking about it now...and films would suck more in general!

willman
of course!

Blaxican_Jedi
What if R2 never existed? *gasp*

Blaxican_Jedi
Originally posted by Cascador
What would have happened...Let me speculate...the blockade still would have been won....Palpatine still became supreme chancellor and would still have Maul as an apprentice...If the Jedi didn't train Anakin by someone else (who knows what would have happened...they can't just leave him on Coruscant and sending him back to his mother under slavery would also be cruel) Palpatine would probably taken him himself. He could have trained Anakin himself or keep Maul. Either way...the clone army would still have comed, palpatine would get his emergency powers and the rest would be the same....after the clone wars he would have just sent if not for Anakin another apprentice with his legion to defeat the temple, he would have hinted the Jedi in another way he was a Sith...so that he could declare them as traitors once they tried to arrest him. Empire would come...

Oh and none of that would have happened if the big bang never happened.

willman
and none of that would have happened if chewie hadnt have farted. i think the universe was created when he farted.

Tangible God
God you're weird.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.