If Jesus died for our sins…

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath

Cyber Ninja
3 parts in God, and that one part died and it came back because umm he is GOD

Morgoths_Wrath

Bardock42
Death for us and death for god are certainly not the same concepts.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Bardock42
Death for us and death for god are certainly not the same concepts. yes

Choosing to die for the sin's of man is different than being killed/struck dead by nature.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Bardock42
Death for us and death for god are certainly not the same concepts.

surly

could you explain how they are different?

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by sithsaber408
yes

Choosing to die for the sin's of man is different than being killed/struck dead by nature.

right, that's called suicide

Shakyamunison
Jesus didn't die on the cross. There was a lot of people who did not die on the cross. There is a thread somewhere on this forum that gives a web site the talks about this. I can't find, maybe someone els can.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
right, that's called suicide roll eyes (sarcastic) Sacrifice

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
roll eyes (sarcastic) Sacrifice

sacrificing your life = suicide

Cyber Ninja
sacrificing your life = suicide Suicide has no purpose to save anyone or anything....

Morgoths_Wrath
Suicide has no purpose to save anyone or anything....

says who? you??

look it up

Morgoths_Wrath
here, I'll do it for you:

suicide -
1 a : the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally, especially by a person of years of discretion and of sound mind

leonheartmm
seems funny that god succumbed to death, a concept that he himself created.

debbiejo
Originally posted by leonheartmm
seems funny that god succumbed to death, a concept that he himself created. That sure is interesting.

Still courious about that Shroud of Turin though..Who ever it is.....

Maybe we can regenerate too.. cool

Cyber Ninja
here, I'll do it for you:

suicide -
1 a : the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally, especially by a person of years of discretion and of sound mind Well the people killed him. It's not like he jumped on the cross by himself and put nails in his hands and feet. He stuck to his belief but people wouldn't believe him so he died and when he died he did it for our sins.

leonheartmm
excuse me, but didnt GOD create the concept of sins and morality in ur faith. exactly who did the SON of god, who many believe to be a main part of god himself. have to be have to be answereable for the concept of SIN which he himself supposedly created. i mean god/jesus would have to be ASKING foriveness of some even higher power to DIE for sons wudnt they. why should god/jesus have to die anyway?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by leonheartmm
excuse me, but didnt GOD create the concept of sins and morality in ur faith. exactly who did the SON of god, who many believe to be a main part of god himself. have to be have to be answereable for the concept of SIN which he himself supposedly created. i mean god/jesus would have to be ASKING foriveness of some even higher power to DIE for sons wudnt they. why should god/jesus have to die anyway?

Man made the concept of sin.

debbiejo
Well the people killed him. It's not like he jumped on the cross by himself and put nails in his hands and feet. He stuck to his belief but people wouldn't believe him so he died and when he died he did it for our sins. If he's god then why couldn't he just jump up on the cross and put nails in his own hands?? big grin

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Man made the concept of sin.

Indeed. God gave man free will and look what we did with it.
Does makes one wonder, God should have seen our creation of sin coming, so he did place his only son in a world of misunderstanding, ignorance and violence which he was aware of. Was it a test for us, or just our last chance for salvation? Have to say, things have been going down the hill ever since for us, on the other hand, things have been going downhill for as long as history has been recorded...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Indeed. God gave man free will and look what we did with it.
Does makes one wonder, God should have seen our creation of sin coming, so he did place his only son in a world of misunderstanding, ignorance and violence which he was aware of. Was it a test for us, or just our last chance for salvation? Have to say, things have been going down the hill ever since for us, on the other hand, things have been going downhill for as long as history has been recorded...

The god of the bible is limited, and that god gave us nothing, we made him up.

Pandemoniac
Trust me, I am as atheist as they come, I merely wished to shake a few branches there.

The act of sin has been a part of this world even long before humankind ever came to be; even insects lie and sell out on eachother.
We humans just perfected it...

Shakyamunison
Trust me, I am as atheist as they come, I merely wished to shake a few branches there.

The act of sin has been a part of this world even long before humankind ever came to be; even insects lie and sell out on eachother.
We humans just perfected it...

Sorry, there is only one sin in my religion, and that is slander.

Pandemoniac
On some points the holy books contain wisdom to me, and one of those is the description of sin. The 7 sins and 10 commandments from the bible remain the foundation of current justice, and I support that. Laid upon us by a higher power or not, they are logical and respectful rules for a society.

Atlantis001
Its incredible how questions can be simplistic, and stupid !

Pandemoniac
A post like that should be backed up with proper explanation to have it's author rise above those he wishes to offend, and prevent him to be alike.

stop_sign

Atlantis001
A post like that should be backed up with proper explanation to have it's author rise above those he wishes to offend, and prevent him to be alike.

I mean the literal views of it.. like if God died, like we die, or even that God is an individual entity that is submited to the same laws that rules over us.

Pandemoniac
The origin of every religion is the faith in an identity that has been the first and longest lasting being which is the creator of all things accesable to mankind and beyond. The death of god, allah, shiva or who ever is not an option for the believers. And as they are the ones that made up the rules in religion since day 1, they are correct in the eyes of the followers. So no god can ever die aslong as there are people that have faith in it.

Makedde
right, that's called suicide

And Jesus technically committed suicide on the cross. He knew he was going to die, yet did nothing to stop it. That equals suicide, in my book.

Cyber Ninja
^ well you are....

So if your kid was about to die in frong of a car then would you jump and push him out the way knowing you will die ?

Makedde
^ well you are....

So if your kid was about to die in frong of a car then would you jump and push him out the way knowing you will die ?

That's different. You give your life to save someone elses. Jesus gave his life because he had some warped idea that the world would be a better place if he died. He came back to life, which completely defeats the purpose of his dying, anyway.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Makedde
That's different. You give your life to save someone elses. Jesus gave his life because he had some warped idea that the world would be a better place if he died. He came back to life, which completely defeats the purpose of his dying, anyway. umm isn't that giving his life for us ? If he didn't then it would be every little sin we do we go straight to hell and is lost, now he showed us the path to heaven and takes the punishment for us so if we are sorry and do try our best not to repeat the action then.

Morgoths_Wrath
That's different. You give your life to save someone elses. Jesus gave his life because he had some warped idea that the world would be a better place if he died. He came back to life, which completely defeats the purpose of his dying, anyway.

no, you're wrong. it's not different

you would have committed suicide by sacrificing your life

Cyber Ninja
Put it this way....it is wrong without a good purpose.

Makedde
umm isn't that giving his life for us ? If he didn't then it would be every little sin we do we go straight to hell and is lost, now he showed us the path to heaven and takes the punishment for us so if we are sorry and do try our best not to repeat the action then.

Who in their right frame of mind would take the punishment for other peoples wrong doing?

Cyber Ninja
Who in their right frame of mind would take the punishment for other peoples wrong doing? He is God confused I am sure he could take it.

Arachnoidfreak
If God wanted us to be saved, we'd all be in Heaven already.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
If God wanted us to be saved, we'd all be in Heaven already. Yes, of course just save us like that when we do not deserve it. There is also that free will thing.

sithsaber408
Who in their right frame of mind would take the punishment for other peoples wrong doing?

Which is why my grandpa used to say:

"We know he's real. We know he died, and that he allowed himself to die. He was either THE craziest son of a b*tch alive.... or he was the Son of God. You'll just have to make up your own mind about that."

big grin

Makedde
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Which is why my grandpa used to say:

"We know he's real. We know he died, and that he allowed himself to die. He was either THE craziest son of a b*tch alive.... or he was the Son of God. You'll just have to make up your own mind about that."

big grin

laughing I'd say he was nuts. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.