Is it okay to name your son Jesus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
Some people are very against this idea. What are your thoughts?

Bardock42
Sure, why not, do as you please.

Gregory
If you don't mind him getting beaten up a lot in school, sure, why not?

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Gregory
If you don't mind him getting beaten up a lot in school, sure, why not?

Cyber Ninja
in spanish it sound different.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Gregory
If you don't mind him getting beaten up a lot in school, sure, why not? This is true. But there is nothing wrong with naming your child Jesus. It is just a name. Nothing wrong with it. ****, I'll name my child Budda or Jesus or Moses or whatever the hell I want to name him, no one can stop us.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
Some people are very against this idea. What are your thoughts?
It's a rather common name, isn't it?

K.Diddy
Originally posted by FeceMan
It's a rather common name, isn't it?

I've never heard of anyone being called that before blink

debbiejo
It's a common spanish name, but pronounced Heyzuse.

Bloigen
Call your girl Butch instead.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
in spanish it sound different.

Is very common in Latin America. Many catholics priests don't object to the child named Jesus. Even during baptism.

Makedde
I voted that I think Jesus is a dumb name. Because I think it is, why would you want to call your kid that, anyway?

markie
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
Some people are very against this idea. What are your thoughts? Yes it is a common spanish name pronounced hasoos. A pitccher for the houston astros was named hasoos sulu and the anouncer called him jesus one time so I guess they are spelled the same..

Mindship
Is it that different from naming someone Christian or Mohammed? I dunno. IMO, it always struck me as a kinda "in yer face with my faith" sorta thing. But that's just me.

The Phantom
Originally posted by markie
Yes it is a common spanish name pronounced hasoos. A pitccher for the houston astros was named hasoos sulu and the anouncer called him jesus one time so I guess they are spelled the same.. They are spelt the same. Cept the spanish Jesus name has an accent mark somewhere... I think it is over the E.

MC Mike
Someone should raise an Atheist Jesus...

big gay kirk
its exactly the same name as Joshua... plenty of people in Latin America are called jesus.... just like plenty of Hindus are called Krishna, and loads of Muslims are called Mohammed.... a name is a name.... THE jesus was only so named because like Joshua/Jesus the successor of Moses, he was to lead the faithful into paradise.... there are at least three Jesuses in the bible.... Jesus Bar nagara, jesus/Joshua, and Jesus son of Sirach....

joeykangaroo
jesus is a dumb name anyway- no offence to anyone

debbiejo
Originally posted by MC Mike
Someone should raise an Atheist Jesus... Well if we could get some DNA for the clone. wink

The Phantom
Originally posted by big gay kirk
its exactly the same name as Joshua... plenty of people in Latin America are called jesus.... just like plenty of Hindus are called Krishna, and loads of Muslims are called Mohammed.... a name is a name.... THE jesus was only so named because like Joshua/Jesus the successor of Moses, he was to lead the faithful into paradise.... there are at least three Jesuses in the bible.... Jesus Bar nagara, jesus/Joshua, and Jesus son of Sirach.... Umm... The Latin American name Jesus is pronounced differently and has an accent mark.... on the E.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by K.Diddy
I've never heard of anyone being called that before blink

Are you f*cking serious, homes???? Its a VERY common name among Latinos. If you've never known a Jesus, then its time to come out of that cave you live in.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by debbiejo
It's a common spanish name, but pronounced Heyzuse.

No, its pronounced "HEH-SOOS" not "HEY".

JacopeX
I have a friend named Jesus, and he plays in my soccer team. We wuz jokin "Were gonna win cuz we got Jesus wit us" laughing

I think its perfectly aiight to name a child jesus

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by JacopeX
I have a friend named Jesus, and he plays in my soccer team. We wuz jokin "Were gonna win cuz we got Jesus wit us" laughing

I think its perfectly aiight to name a child jesus

yes Perfectly a'ight.

Just like "Mohammed", there's nothing wrong with naming your kid "Jesus".

The Phantom
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Are you f*cking serious, homes???? Its a VERY common name among Latinos. If you've never known a Jesus, then its time to come out of that cave you live in. Yes, but that one is pronounced differently. We are talking about Jesus Christ name. You know, the dude that walked on water and was wasted all the time because his blood was wine.. Him.Originally posted by JacopeX

I think its perfectly aiight to name a child jesus Which way is it said? Heh-soos or Je..sus?

debbiejo
Well If it's pronounced like Je-sus like the christian way........I think it would be a little strange and the poor kid would be teased tooooooooooooo DEATH...Maybe even crucify him.........

He'd have to be one tough kid.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by The Phantom
Yes, but that one is pronounced differently. We are talking about Jesus Christ name. You know, the dude that walked on water and was wasted all the time because his blood was wine.. Him.

Doesn't matter. Its the exact same name, and refers to the exact same person, regardless of pronunciation.

JacopeX
OH yea and i forgot to mention thaty its pronounced the catholic hispanic way

Jesus- "Hey zeus"<<<Pronounced Like that

Bardock42
Well If it's pronounced like Je-sus like the christian way........I think it would be a little strange and the poor kid would be teased tooooooooooooo DEATH...Maybe even crucify him.........

He'd have to be one tough kid.

Hahah, ****, that's too funny, haha....that girl is actually assuming that the english pronounciation is the "christian" pronounciation....I am laughing so much...hahah,...good one debbie....Chee-sys....cause he was American...haha....good lord..

debbiejo
Ok...Yeshua. ........The Jewish pronunciation......I don't know, which one do ya use????embarrasment ...LOL blink

Bardock42
Ok...Yeshua. ........The Jewish pronunciation......I don't know, which one do ya use????embarrasment ...LOL blink

I use the German one.

debbiejo
Which is?......I don't believe I've ever heard it....

Like Jesus Kraut???. laughing out loud ....j/k

Bardock42
Which is?......I don't believe I've ever heard it....

Like Jesus Kraut???.
Hard to say, kind of like Ye-sus

debbiejo
I'm sorry, I thought everybody said it this way...I really did...I thought no matter what language it was, it was always pronounced Je-sus... no expression laughing out loud

Quiero Mota
I'm sorry, I thought everybody said it this way...I really did...I thought no matter what language it was, it was always pronounced Je-sus... no expression laughing out loud

Well, I recall you saying that come from a small town in Michigan, so we understand. wink

By the way, Is having "US" after Michigan necassary? I don't think anyone is thinking 'Michigan,.....Zimbabwe ?' laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Well, I recall you saying that come from a small town in Michigan, so we understand. wink

By the way, Is having "US" after Michigan necassary? I don't think anyone is thinking 'Michigan,.....Zimbabwe ?' laughing Well, I didn't want people to get confused.... blink ....Some people might not no what a Michigan is.....hahaha laughing out loud

RedAlertv2
Nothing wrong with it....but damn, talk about pressure!

redcaped
No, it's not right.

Belegūr
Why not? Naming your son Joshua is technically naming him Jesus, (since both names came from the Hebrew Yehosh'ua).

So, all you people who name your kids Joishua....you know what you're really naming him....stick out tongue

Makedde
Joshua is a stupid name, too. smile

Mindship
Johnny Cash thought it was okay to name a boy Sue...

debbiejo
Whoaaa...Now we're dating ourselves aren't we.. wink

T.M
I don't see any problems with naming your child Jesus. I wouldn't name my son Jesus... but if people want to good on them yes

debbiejo
Well you can always name him Yeshua...Or God for short. Maybe YHWAH....angel

Mindship

I was wondering who would get that.
Actually, um, found the single in a dusty ol' warehouse...whistling

Shakyamunison

Would that be a precursor to masturbation? eek! laughing

debbiejo
Wrong thread........lol

The masturbation thread is next door....

markie
Originally posted by Mindship
I was wondering who would get that.
Actually, um, found the single in a dusty ol' warehouse...whistling If you lisstened to tthe song it caused some fights. Some gal would giggle and he'd get red some guy would laugh and he'd bust his head.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.