The Aristocrats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Has anyone seen this?

It is a really interesting and funny documentary about a mythical , legendary joke told by comedians backstage for decades, it has an opening line and a punchline and the rest is just improvised filth, to see who can go the furthest and be the most vile and offensive. It is explained by many of the worlds top comedians

It is an original concept for a doc and the subject matter becomes more multi layered as you analyse it.

I have more to say about this but its too early at the moment, Ill be back................

PS: there was already a thread refering (www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=354591&highlight=aristocrats) to this but Id like to discuss it in more detail and depth in this thread.

If anyone has any thoughts on this please post them ..........

BackFire
Yeah, it was pretty funny for the most part, with some moments of extreme hilarity. Whoever that vantriliquist was was damn hilarious.

Interesting movie, though. But kinda drawn out, kinda hard to make a 90 minute movie about a joke.

Wolfie
I think it's overrated. It was pretty funny but it wasn't hilarious.

I did, in fact, crack up at the joke that Drew Carey and Robin Williams were telling, with the pianist that has all the songs with dirty titles.

papabeard
^^Yeah Me too, i thought the South Park version was pretty funny in its own extreme way.

I know what you mean about the idea being stretched too thin.

I think the extras are funnier, particularly the joke about the big orange head.

Wolfie
Yeah, the South Park bit was pretty funny.

With the joke, I'm sure it's a lot funner to tell it than to listen to it. The goal of the "comedian" telling the joke is to make it as long as possible and with the sickest crap. For me, all the dirty stuff he/she includes in the joke doesn't contribute to the final punchline. It can last five minutes or two hours and the joke will be just as funny, only I'd get tired within the first hour of the joke.

Ganner Rhysode
I don't think it was mythical, as it was an actual joke...

Anyway, I heard about this way back in Sundance of '05, but it was a very good movie, I thought. Very funny.

Bob Saget's was probably the best...

papabeard
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
I don't think it was mythical, as it was an actual joke...

I think the origin of the joke is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.