Does anyone know about ultraviolet light?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willman
Its just that we have just had physics and i got the (powerful) light and shine it in my eye and now i have a headache and a huge spot of blackness in my eye which is getting worse. help!!!

Mišt
laughing out loud

willman
Originally posted by willman
Its just that we have just had physics and i got the (powerful) light and shine it in my eye and now i have a headache and a huge spot of blackness in my eye which is getting worse. help!!!
i dont see the funnyness.

Myth
I believe it is just light at wave lengths that our eyes don't see. If it was really bright (no matter what type of light), it can cause temperary blindness (or permanent). Although, there is such a thing as Ultraviolet Radiation but I wouldn't worry about that because we are exposed to a certain amount of that from the sun all the time and only in large amounts does it cause problems (like skin cancer).

Mišt
In about half an hour your eye will burst in an assorment of wonderful colours and you'll bleed inside your skull until it comes out your teeth happy

dave123
Its just that we have just had physics and i got the (powerful) light and shine it in my eye and now i have a headache and a huge spot of blackness in my eye which is getting worse. help!!! The electromagnetic spectrum consists of (in order)

Radiowaves
Micro
InfraRed
Visual
UV
X-Rays
Gamma

Since you shone UV in your eyes, you need to balance it out with one on the opposite side: InfraRed yes

Just shine some IR in your eyes, and you'll be fine in a few hours yes

Mindship
See an eye doc.

T.M
Originally posted by Mindship
See an eye doc.

you mean an opthalmologist... smart

Mindship
thumbs_up

fini
OMG, DO not take dave123 advise, PLS dont.

What you got is a retinal burn. Usually it goes away after a whille. But if the dark spot seems to be getting bigger and IT isn't diminishing, Get to an optamologist ASAP, do it today ffs.

Hmmm, just asking, what was the source of the light?? and How long was it shone in your eye???

Koala MeatPie
I'd Like a pair of Ultra-Violet Colourd Pants.

Seeing as our spectrum of Sight Can not see infra-red and Ultra-Violet, IF a pair of Ultra_Violet COlored Pants where made, you would see right through me!!! smile

fini
What the f**k?

Koala MeatPie
Think about it, Its actual, fesable Invisible clothing!

Ronny
Dont stare into bright lights! eek!

I stare at the sun sometimes and then when i pull away its splotty... that could be it

xyz revolution
Its just that we have just had physics and i got the (powerful) light and shine it in my eye and now i have a headache and a huge spot of blackness in my eye which is getting worse. help!!! laughing out loud

it's an enrgy wave with higher frequancy then violet.

Pandemoniac
UV-light can be dangerous, it contains much more energy then light from the visual spectrum. It is it used to kill bacteria and make certain paints and varnishes dry faster because of that.
Overexposure to UV can damage your cells, resulting in burns, or even a DNA malfunction which can cause cancer.
Be careful with it.

dave123
Originally posted by fini
OMG, DO not take dave123 advise, PLS dont.
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

fini
OMg, i'm quoted in ur sig, LOL

laughing out loud

Bloigen
WE are THE SOCA Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOOOO TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

fini
umm no, U quoted my sig.

other way round ....

Bloigen
umm no, U quoted my sig.

other way round ....

Prove it.

fini
wha???????

Bloigen
wha???????

Case closed. *closes case*

fini
case? what case? I saw no case.

Bloigen
case? what case? I saw no case.

It was camouflaged.

fini
it was???

dammit!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.