Magneto vs. Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
This would be a great battle. Sidious would definitely fight to kill and be very aggressive about it. What are your opinions? Remember that Magneto's force field isn't a factor here since it has been established that the force can penetrate solid objects as well as force fields. There are many examples showing this in the movies (such as Darth Vader penetrating a galactic ship's force field while he was far away on another ship by choking and killing one of his commanders for failure) and in the story books.

jasofisc
um dude why would they have their shields up when their among friendly ships, it goes take energy to maintain their shields. also mages shield works differntly from theirs ask demigawd. I really don't know much about comic darth sidious so I can't really say if he is anything like his movie conterpart then mags gets the majorty by reversing his blood or taking Sidious' light saber and impaling him with it.

guy smiley
Have you ever paid attention to the backgrounds and settings of the star wars movies? Sidious is almost always on a ship or a death star and what are they made of? That's right - steel. Even all the buildings they are in are all steel. Magneto would destroy him along with the entire galactic fleet.

grey fox
Magneto sucks the blood right outta the poor bastard....

jrodslam
Hopefully Sids doesnt force crush him.

Black Adam
Originally posted by jrodslam
Hopefully Sids doesnt force crush him.

don't worry. His ship would have been crushed like a tuna can along with him long before Sids even managed to get of his chair.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Black Adam
don't worry. His ship would have been crushed like a tuna can along with him long before Sids even managed to get of his chair.

So Sids is still in the ship? If thats the case, why is this even being debated?

Although, can Mags manipulate the ships shields or the ship within?

If so, this shouldnt even be a fight.

Lord-of-Dreams
lol first thing I thought when I saw this thread: corn chips.
then I thought to mysself, Mag would just take control of Sid's sword, then I saw everyone else's logic, and went back to those chips...

jrodslam
Well the obvious thing to say is "Mags would take over sids saber". But i would like to see that go down with Sids using the force to prevent it.

Black Adam
Well the obvious thing to say is "Mags would take over sids saber". But i would like to see that go down with Sids using the force to prevent it.

meh he still gets crushed. And if he's not near a ship then mags brings one over near the fight. Bye bye sids.

snoopdogg
meh he still gets crushed. And if he's not near a ship then mags brings one over near the fight. Bye bye sids. Can Mags do this while his throat is being crushed?

Black Adam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Can Mags do this while his throat is being crushed?

can sids throat crush while he's being crushed to death?

Femi32
can sids throat crush while he's being crushed to death?

The thread starter never stated the environment.

snoopdogg
can sids throat crush while he's being crushed to death? Sids could be on another planet and crush Magnetos throat.

h1a8
first of all magneto cannot control anyone's blood (unless someone takes iron pills or something). Don't believe me, then read all the comics on magneto. Magneto never in history controlled anyone's blood unless they consumed some sort of raw iron (and mags has killed many of times). Second, magneto doesn't have enough power to instantly crush a galactic spaceship (thats crazy and only fanboys says such things). Read the comics. Third, the speed in which sid can kill mags is over 100times faster than the speed in which mags could kill sid. It takes milliseconds to rip throats, burst organs, crush whole body into liquid (read star war comics for evidence of these things). Fourth, why is everyone assumming where the battle will take place. obviously they will both be on the same planet or ship and in the same vicinity of each other when the battle starts. Magneto simply cannot win on the account of the speed in which sid can kill with the force. At best (but highly unlikely) they will kill each other at the same time. What can stop sid from killing mags if they both start the battle at the same time?

Nick1989
Magneto would probely beat Sidious. If Sidious can throw 4 Senate Pods at Yoda is less than 10 seconds surely Magneto could throw hundreds at him. Sidious with his lightsaber would be powerless, Magneto would use Sidious' lightsaber hilt as his advantage. Sidious is not all powerful, neither is Magneto. I believe Magneto would own Sidious. If magneto had a metal object(which is almost common to find in the Star Wars Universe) he would destroy Sidious. He would use Sidious' saber and control it and probely kill Sidious. Magneto could use a metal object or a lightsaber to deflect Sidious' lightning. Magneto would complety destroy Sidious. Magneto could use his force shield to protect himself from Sidious' attacks.

demigawd
Originally posted by h1a8
first of all magneto cannot control anyone's blood (unless someone takes iron pills or something). Don't believe me, then read all the comics on magneto. Magneto never in history controlled anyone's blood unless they consumed some sort of raw iron (and mags has killed many of times).

He's right! What most Magneto fanboys conveniently leave out is that superheroes always swallow iron bars before they fight Magneto. That's what happened to these Avengers here.

demigawd
And to this poor sap here!

Damn iron bar munchers!

sithsaber408
Sids.

Hands down.

demigawd
And these poor fools, here.

Why oh why did they have that extra bowl of Total before they left? Cursed USDA iron recommendations!

Swanky-Tuna
There are a lot of misconceptions here. In the EU, Sidious supposively can wreck fleets of ships by himself, but there's also the question of whether the force flows through Magneto for Sidious to directly effect.

There's also the case that this thread doesn't belong here because of Sidious and doesn't belong on the Star Wars board because of Magneto.

who?-kid
Magneto is too powerful, too versatile. You need the X-Men or the Avengers or the FF to beat him.

Even Magneto written at his weakest can and will destroy any Star Wars character. But Magneto written at his strongest... wow... poor Sith Lords...

Zarathustra
Sideous has never demonstrated power remotely on the scale of Magneto's. If it takes Vader a good minute or so to choke a person to death, I have a hard time seeing how Palpatine can instantly kill with the force. I see him throwing things around with far less efficacy than Magneto, I see him firing lightning that will bounce off of Magneto's shields harmlessly, and possibly trying that Vader-choke which, as previously mentioned, we've never seen kill or incapacitate someone any faster than (or even AS fast as) actually physically choking someone. Of course, in the meantime Magneto has an easy time doing bad shit to Sideous's blood, killing him with his own weapon, or just crushing him with one of Star Wars' almost uniformly metallic sets.

newjak86
You guys are going by movie standards which by all means are the cannon material but is soi then this becomes useless as then this fight is illegal.
Don't know much on Star Wars comics but from what I hear Sids can crush ships and destroy fleets as well if he wanted. You know like most things the movie versions are weaker then the comic versions and the same holds true here.

who?-kid
In ROTS, Sidious powers reminded me a bit of a low level Elektro with some sword skills.

newjak86
Originally posted by who?-kid
In ROTS, Sidious powers reminded me a bit of a low level Elektro with some sword skills. True in the movie but I hear from accounts he is in a whole new level in the comics.

Swanky-Tuna
Force users rose to ridiculous levels in the EU

h1a8
Originally posted by Nick1989
Magneto would probely beat Sidious. If Sidious can throw 4 Senate Pods at Yoda is less than 10 seconds surely Magneto could throw hundreds at him. Sidious with his lightsaber would be powerless, Magneto would use Sidious' lightsaber hilt as his advantage. Sidious is not all powerful, neither is Magneto. I believe Magneto would own Sidious. If magneto had a metal object(which is almost common to find in the Star Wars Universe) he would destroy Sidious. He would use Sidious' saber and control it and probely kill Sidious. Magneto could use a metal object or a lightsaber to deflect Sidious' lightning. Magneto would complety destroy Sidious. Magneto could use his force shield to protect himself from Sidious' attacks.

My friend you know nothing about stars wars. prehaps you should read some more books on them. Sid wouldn't hurl anything at mags (mags is a non-force user). He would simply kill him by instantly bursting a organ, crushing his throat, etc. as in the novels. Magneto's force field couldn't protect him either, since many Sith Lords have killed someone while they were in a forcefield (and several light-years away).

h1a8
Originally posted by Zarathustra
Sideous has never demonstrated power remotely on the scale of Magneto's. If it takes Vader a good minute or so to choke a person to death, I have a hard time seeing how Palpatine can instantly kill with the force. I see him throwing things around with far less efficacy than Magneto, I see him firing lightning that will bounce off of Magneto's shields harmlessly, and possibly trying that Vader-choke which, as previously mentioned, we've never seen kill or incapacitate someone any faster than (or even AS fast as) actually physically choking someone. Of course, in the meantime Magneto has an easy time doing bad shit to Sideous's blood, killing him with his own weapon, or just crushing him with one of Star Wars' almost uniformly metallic sets.

my friend, vader wanted him to suffer. That is why it took several seconds (not a min). Remember when Lord Dookuinstantly crushed a megaton column (in star wars episode 2). This is how sidious, who is more powerful, will do to magneto. He can even crush is whole body at once. There is no chance for magneto. None!

juggernaut66666
magneto easily

h1a8
Originally posted by who?-kid
Magneto is too powerful, too versatile. You need the X-Men or the Avengers or the FF to beat him.

Even Magneto written at his weakest can and will destroy any Star Wars character. But Magneto written at his strongest... wow... poor Sith Lords...

read the two posts directly above this.

demigawd
There is no chance for magneto. None!

Unless Sidious happened to eat some Total that morning...

h1a8
Originally posted by demigawd
He's right! What most Magneto fanboys conveniently leave out is that superheroes always swallow iron bars before they fight Magneto. That's what happened to these Avengers here.

Those comics are fairly new. The writers were influenced by many saying that magneto can control blood. But never had he did so in history.

demigawd
Those comics are fairly new. The writers were influenced by many saying that magneto can control blood. But never had he did so in history.

If by "fairly new" you mean 1992 (when Fatal Attractions happened), then I'd agree....

But you agree that he can and has done it, yes?

jasofisc
sidious does not have enough tk (moving things with the force) to repell what mags throws at him. Darth sidious is able to destroy ships in the comic by using some other technique which is so big if he used it on mags and mags was in a hundered or more vacenty of sidious both would die. that is the only way I see sidious wining which is acutly a draw. (by the way Darth Sidious did the ship smashing thing in the Dark empire Graphic novel)

demigawd
Ahh...so we hear the truth about that legendary technique. Thanks for the info...

Nick1989
My friend you know nothing about stars wars. prehaps you should read some more books on them. Sid wouldn't hurl anything at mags (mags is a non-force user). He would simply kill him by instantly bursting a organ, crushing his throat, etc. as in the novels. Magneto's force field couldn't protect him either, since many Sith Lords have killed someone while they were in a forcefield (and several light-years away).

H1a8 Im afraid ive been a Star Wars fan for about 20 years. So i dont have a clue how you could tell me that i know nothing about Star Wars. Sidious has been a very powerful character in the entire Star Wars saga. Sidious' abilities are beyond anything we've experienced in any of the films. He is ambiguous weapon user and is also a master of every weapon and every style. In the Jedi levels of fighting combat Sidious and Yoda are both level 9s. What i meant about Magneto beating Sidious was true. If you read my post again you will know. While Sidious was using his lighting on Yoda he was hurling Senate Pods at him. I said that if Sidious and Magneto were in the Senate and were using pods(no lightning or lightsaber combat) Magneto would win. I didint say anything about Sidious using his ataru style combat. Sidious' lightsaber is made of electrum lightsaber so i believe Magneto would have no problem controling it. Electrum is an alloy that is made up of gold, copper and silver. If Sidious used a lightsaber he would use his Force Speed ability he would destroy Magneto; which is how he killed Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar extremely quickly. That is my opinion about Sidious and Magneto. So i believe it is you who knows nothing about Star Wars.

Maestro
Couldn't sids just whip up a force storm, its not actual electricity so magneto couldn't repel it.

Nick1989
Yeah. Sidious could make Magneto think he was a little 4 year old girl. Sidious and any Jedi can make people who do not know of the Force to think that they want them to think. Its a form of Jedi Mind Trick.

demigawd
The Jedi mind trick couldn't even work on some space mechanic. You think it's going to work on someone whose will is so strong he was able to bring himself and his daughter back from the dead?

By the time Sidious whips up anything, he'll have lost control of his body and slits his own throat....

who?-kid
read the two posts directly above this.
Ok done. And ?

h1a8
H1a8 Im afraid ive been a Star Wars fan for about 20 years. So i dont have a clue how you could tell me that i know nothing about Star Wars. Sidious has been a very powerful character in the entire Star Wars saga. Sidious' abilities are beyond anything we've experienced in any of the films. He is ambiguous weapon user and is also a master of every weapon and every style. In the Jedi levels of fighting combat Sidious and Yoda are both level 9s. What i meant about Magneto beating Sidious was true. If you read my post again you will know. While Sidious was using his lighting on Yoda he was hurling Senate Pods at him. I said that if Sidious and Magneto were in the Senate and were using pods(no lightning or lightsaber combat) Magneto would win. I didint say anything about Sidious using his ataru style combat. Sidious' lightsaber is made of electrum lightsaber so i believe Magneto would have no problem controling it. Electrum is an alloy that is made up of gold, copper and silver. If Sidious used a lightsaber he would use his Force Speed ability he would destroy Magneto; which is how he killed Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar extremely quickly. That is my opinion about Sidious and Magneto. So i believe it is you who knows nothing about Star Wars.

you don't know much about star wars to say things like that
i've not only been a fan for 23 years but i have read plenty of novels and comics.
all the things you said are irrelevant.
you must combat what i said about sith lords being able to instantly burst organs, ripp throats, etc.
Force users cannot do these things on each other ( they can negate the force-read some older star war novels for more details). That is why sid shot electricity at yoda and jedi battle each other using light sabers.
Mag loses 10/10 easily
If you are still not convinced then combat my instantly bursting organs argument.
Pretend you are mags and sids and you battle yourself,
who would win?
you should answer
sid (if you got common sense)
none (if you got half common sense)
mags (if you got no common sense)

Sixth_Winged
laughing out loud I find these pro-starwars debate argument's really funny. Mind Trick would work? don't me laugh.

And if i was sidious, i can imagine my suddenly assaulted with my own lightsaber or thrown into a wormhole to the sun.

Nick1989
you don't know much about star wars to say things like that
i've not only been a fan for 23 years but i have read plenty of novels and comics.
all the things you said are irrelevant.
you must combat what i said about sith lords being able to instantly burst organs, ripp throats, etc.
Force users cannot do these things on each other ( they can negate the force-read some older star war novels for more details). That is why sid shot electricity at yoda and jedi battle each other using light sabers.
Mag loses 10/10 easily
If you are still not convinced then combat my instantly bursting organs argument.
Pretend you are mags and sids and you battle yourself,
who would win?
you should answer
sid (if you got common sense)
none (if you got half common sense)
mags (if you got no common sense)

Well im not like you. I dont read EU comics and books. I based my theories on the films. You might know alot about the comics but it isint really true. Lucas has announced on many occations that he has no loyality towards the EU comics etc. I have never heard about Lucas's or anyother member of Lucasfilms etc talk about bursting organs etc. So techincally your wrong. Its all from a certain point of view.

h1a8
Well im not like you. I dont read EU comics and books. I based my theories on the films. You might know alot about the comics but it isint really true. Lucas has announced on many occations that he has no loyality towards the EU comics etc. I have never heard about Lucas's or anyother member of Lucasfilms etc talk about bursting organs etc. So techincally your wrong. Its all from a certain point of view.

If you go by the movies then it is still easy to see how sid can instantly crush mags throat or burst one of his organs. Remember in episode 2 where Dooku instantly (in a sec) crushed a steel column and made it fall towards obi-wan. Organs and throats are far weaker than a steel column. Sid can even crush his whole body at once (in a sec).

Nick1989
Oh.. cool. So in which comics or books does a Sith use the abiltiy to burst organs etc with the Force? I know that Vader can use force choke to break peoples throats. But ive never heard of an ability of the Force that can explode vital organs. Please explain.

rougeredmage
you foolish people as Sith lord can not stand up to the powers of the mutant master of magmatisum.

every seems to think that magneto is weak minded.. in a battle of wills magneto has gone toe to toe with Xavier. also the metal of his helmet also blocks telepathy.

and yes magneto can control blood. blood has iron in it. and thus he can control it. ( everyone must remmeber xorn pretending to be xorn pretending to be Magneto killing Jean... however that was xorn pretending to be xorn pretending to be mangento). however i remember in x-men alpha he slowed bishops blood.

recently magneto has shown that he is one with the force of magnatisum to such an extent that he can create worm holes. the only reason Yoda lost was because he is a Jedi.. however Magneto is no jedi. but he is damned clever. and he knows how to use his powers. if this battle takes place on say some type of orbiting station then i can see magneto just thrusting the station into the local sun. or just bludgoning him to death with some iron gurders. and he has enough magnokenisis to defend himself with.

demigawd
Anything Sidious can do, Magneto can do faster. Sidious spontaneously loses control of every part of his body at once and slices himself up with his own lightsaber. Or his nervous system explodes. Or he gets tossed into a black hole. Or all the metal in the room turns against him. Or HE gets mind controlled into jumping into space. Or he just gets blasted into pieces with pure electromagnetic force. Or he gets radiated to death with microwaves or gamma waves (part of the EM spectrum). Or shot up with electricity.

Should I go on? I can think of about another 10 things Magneto can do...

hoorayforpeepee
poor starwars fanboys, they weren't ready for demigawd.

Nick1989
Do not underestimate Sidious and neither Magneto. No one can be sure of who would win becuase their in different worlds, different galaxys. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

snoopdogg
Its all from a certain point of view. You sound like Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Anyways Starwars characters are not popular in the comic forums. I really don't know why but it's true. Comic fans don't respect Starwars fans and their characters.

Sixth_Winged
Probably cause their power levels in comics and other EU material seems to be exaggeration of their movie counterparts.

h1a8
Originally posted by demigawd
Anything Sidious can do, Magneto can do faster. Sidious spontaneously loses control of every part of his body at once and slices himself up with his own lightsaber. Or his nervous system explodes. Or he gets tossed into a black hole. Or all the metal in the room turns against him. Or HE gets mind controlled into jumping into space. Or he just gets blasted into pieces with pure electromagnetic force. Or he gets radiated to death with microwaves or gamma waves (part of the EM spectrum). Or shot up with electricity.

Should I go on? I can think of about another 10 things Magneto can do...

That is garbage!
Magneto can't do those things! (He never has and never will)
He can reverse blood flow though.
He can only shoot electrical form of energy out (such as electricity)
But it is not very practical (that is why you rarely see him use this)
He can only control very weak minded people to a small extent.
What can stop Sid from killing mags? (he can crush his body instantaneously)
Sid can kill Mags at least 10 times faster than mags can kill Sid.
Stop being a fanboy for a second and consider the evidence.
1. Dooku instantaneously crushed a steel column (this is what Sid can do to mags)
2. Don't assume Sid has iron in his blood (he is not human).
3. Mags mind control ability is so weak that he rarely ever uses it. Marvel says only uses it on very weak minded individuals.

The test to see if someone is a fanboy
1. Does he/she rebute an argument by its details? (you didn't rebut 1. on the above list)
2. Does he/she create or exaggerate someone's powers and abilities? (you did this here)

Thus you are a fanboy.
If both of us were given a choice to be either mags or sids and after we must battle to death then I am certain you would choose sids. (unless you are crazy.)

Sixth_Winged
That is garbage!
Magneto can't do those things! (He never has and never will)
He can reverse blood flow though.
He can only shoot electrical form of energy out (such as electricity)
But it is not very practical (that is why you rarely see him use this)
He can only control very weak minded people to a small extent.
What can stop Sid from killing mags? (he can crush his body instantaneously)
Sid can kill Mags at least 10 times faster than mags can kill Sid.
Stop being a fanboy for a second and consider the evidence.
1. Dooku instantaneously crushed a steel column (this is what Sid can do to mags)
3. Mags mind control ability is so weak that he rarely ever uses it. Marvel says only uses it on very weak minded individuals.

The test to see if someone is a fanboy
1. Does he/she rebute an argument by its details? (you didn't rebut 1. on the above list)
2. Does he/she create or exaggerate someone's powers and abilities? (you did this here)

Thus you are a fanboy.
If both of us were given a choice to be either mags or sids and after we must battle to death then I am certain you would choose sids. (unless you are crazy.)

He has done those things and more(cept probably mind control cause admittedly, i haven't seen him done any).

jrodslam

I myself am a StarWars fan, but since when has Sids NOT been human? As far as i know, he IS human but uses the force to slow his aging as well as hide his natural appearance. Where was it ever stated that he wasnt human?

h1a8
I myself am a StarWars fan, but since when has Sids NOT been human? As far as i know, he IS human but uses the force to slow his aging as well as hide his natural appearance. Where was it ever stated that he wasnt human?

It is impossible that two beings from other planets to have the same genetic makeup. Thus it is common sense that he is not human. All beings whether alien or not ages. To be human is to be a certain species from a planet called Earth.

h1a8
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
He has done those things and more(cept probably mind control cause admittedly, i haven't seen him done any).

since when did he make someone's nervous system explode?
since when did he take control of someone's body to make them do what he wants?
since when did he throw someone into a black hole?
He has never done those things. I am a x-men fan. (I should know!)

jrodslam
It is impossible that two beings from other planets to have the same genetic makeup. Thus it is common sense that he is not human. All beings whether alien or not ages. To be human is to be a certain species from a planet called Earth.

What 2 beings are you talking about? There was only 1 Darth Sideous. Earth doesnt even exist in the StarWars universe. Even if it did, its clear that their universe is much more expanded than ours and humans dont only exist on Earth. IF there was an Earth in the Starwars universe, theyd be called Earthlings. Not humans. Obi, Ani, Qui-gon, Mace, Luke, Han, Padme, Palps etc are all human. In the Starwars galaxy, humans live on many planets.

jrodslam
since when did he make someone's nervous system explode?
since when did he take control of someone's body to make them do what he wants?
since when did he throw someone into a black hole?
He has never done those things. I am a x-men fan. (I should know!)

Mags has taken over members of the X-Men before. He controls the blood in their bodies to make them do as he pleases.

Throw someone into a black hole. Havent seen it.

DigiMark007
Gwak! A SW thread made it to page 3 before I noticed it??

SW belongs in either the SW vs. thread or not at all....we don't take "mixed" fights in this forum, as they often lead to shouting matches and fights. This seems to be civil enough (with brief exceptions), but I still have to close it on principle (cause of the rules). Sorry guys...

Ker-Closed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.