-=- All I Wanted was a Black iPod Nano -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
Yet This IS what I have to Type To Get one:

ipod nano black -car -band -earphone -fm -armband -case -skin -tube -tubes -skins -cases -earphones -headphone -headphones -speaker -speakers -travel -earbuds -charger -dock -station -desktop -itrip -wallet -skincase -neckstrap -sony

rickyduck
Does that mean you just typed it out again on this forum? What the f**k?

Koala MeatPie
And what hate even more are the People who charge 40$ for something, that costs 100$, but then set the shipping at 150$

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by rickyduck
Does that mean you just typed it out again on this forum? What the f**k?

Copy - Paste.

rickyduck
Oh

Violet_Byatch
I have the white nano.

I'd prefer the bigger one though

Ronny
what the hell?

a1hsauce
why?...nice sig btw

El_NINO
I literally just bought mines right now, no joke...

Im so friggin happy now yes

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by El_NINO
I literally just bought mines right now, no joke...

Im so friggin happy now yes

How much and how many gb?

I swear, here in MTL, they have a 20 gb Nano. for 400$

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
And what hate even more are the People who charge 40$ for something, that costs 100$, but then set the shipping at 150$ sneaky

Storm
Work for it. That' s how I bought myself my iPod.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Cyber Ninja
I have a nasty psp with 1gb memory for cheap price no expression ipods nanos never charge all the way and break.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Violet_Byatch
I have the white nano.

I'd prefer the bigger one though

shifty

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Storm
Work for it. That' s how I bought myself my iPod.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

You mean I should...? confused AH! but of course! I should have thought of that before! roll eyes (sarcastic)

El_NINO
How much and how many gb?

I swear, here in MTL, they have a 20 gb Nano. for 400$

i got mines for $173, thats right $173 i got discount because i go to college eek! laughing laughing laughing

its 1GB black IPOD NANO

Koala MeatPie
What program are you in? Right Now I am In design, but Got Bored with it, I donT' see myself doing that.

So I'm hoping to switch to Pollitics.

Seems like a lot of people drop out becasue they played it by the book.

rickyduck
Originally posted by Bloigen
shifty

Lana
Nanos are a waste of money. You can get a 30gb one for almost the same price.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Lana
Nanos are a waste of money. You can get a 30gb one for almost the same price.

But it fits in my wallet....

And I can get an FM receiver for it! big grin

Lana
You can get an FM reciever for any iPod roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bloigen
Why don't you just get a band to follow you around singing the songs?

KENobi™
But it fits in my wallet....

And I can get an FM receiver for it! big grin

And it'll break in your wallet.

And like Lana said, you can get an FM receiver for any iPod, and any other mp3 too.

Koala MeatPie
True.

Anybody know which brand has FM/AM built into it?

Sports at least 2 gb, and yeah?

You never saw that video showing how much the Nano can take before breaking?

they ran it over with a hummer and i still worked, barley, but it worked.

KENobi™
True.

Anybody know which brand has FM/AM built into it?

Sports at least 2 gb, and yeah?

You never saw that video showing how much the Nano can take before breaking?

they ran it over with a hummer and i still worked, barley, but it worked.

iPod's are still the way to go, but get a bigger one with more memory.

Koala MeatPie
Thats the reason Why I went to eBay in the first place, I want of save as much fo that money as possible.

And I don't need a bigger one, 1 or 2 gb is perfectly fine for me.

Lana
A 30gb iPod is only $50 more than a 4gb Nano. Nano = waste of money.

KENobi™
Thats the reason Why I went to eBay in the first place, I want of save as much fo that money as possible.

And I don't need a bigger one, 1 or 2 gb is perfectly fine for me.

I wouldn't buy one off of there. Too many cheap knockoffs being passed as iPods.

Koala MeatPie

El_NINO
A 30gb iPod is only $50 more than a 4gb Nano. Nano = waste of money.

Do you honestly need 30GB...? wink

Koala MeatPie

Exactly.

Unless its an iPod Video, even tehre, my hard drive is 40 gb.

Alpha Centauri
The straight up iPods are the only way to go, as Ken said.

iPod Nano's are purely for fashion, otherwise they're pointless. If you view a normal iPod as too big, you've got problems.

iPod Shuffle is the single most pointless invention in the music world.

BOTH of those defeat the purpose of the iPod as it is anyway. That being to have an entire library at your fingertips.

-AC

Mišt
Why don't you just get a band to follow you around singing the songs?

laughing out loud

Lana

Mine's 15gb and full.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The straight up iPods are the only way to go, as Ken said.

iPod Nano's are purely for fashion, otherwise they're pointless. If you view a normal iPod as too big, you've got problems.

iPod Shuffle is the single most pointless invention in the music world.

BOTH of those defeat the purpose of the iPod as it is anyway. That being to have an entire library at your fingertips.

-AC

I said Nanos were a waste and to go with a regular one first stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
I wasn't repeating what you said because I missed it. Was just throwing the iPod-al view out there.

-AC

Koala MeatPie
Mine's 15gb and full.

(...)

And how many of those several thousand of songs to you listen to no A Regular Basis?

H. S. 6
shifty

laughing

Violet's post is going straight to my profile. stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
And how many of those several thousand of songs to you listen to no A Regular Basis?

It's not hard to fill an iPod, for me anyway. Then again, I get the whim to listen to any album randomly and I have to have music with me. For people less enthusiastic about music, a massive GB iPod is not necessary, I agree.

-AC

El_NINO
i bought the 1 GB because i dont listen to a lot of music plus the new NANO is much improved over its predecersors hardware and software wise

Alpha Centauri
i bought the 1 GB because i dont listen to a lot of music plus the new NANO is much improved over its predecersors hardware and software wise

Not it's not, it's a fashion accessory. You tell me how the Nano, able to hold about 300 songs maximum (1,000 if it's the MIGHTY 4GB Nano), is better than the original iPods that hold thousands upon thousands of songs? This being the original purpose, to carry around mass music.

Don't say "Video! Photos!" because that's what digital cameras are made for. Irrelevant features. Don't say size because the regular iPods aren't exactly big things that weigh you down. Clipped onto your belt you never know they are there.

-AC

El_NINO
Not it's not, it's a fashion accessory. You tell me how the Nano, able to hold about 300 songs maximum, is better than the original iPods that hold thousands upon thousands of songs? This being the original purpose, to carry around mass music.

Don't say "Video! Photos!" because that's what digital cameras are made for. Irrelevant features. Don't say size because the regular iPods aren't exactly big things that weigh you down. Clipped onto your belt you never know they are there.

-AC

in hardware we have the new battery (if i remember correctly)

in software we have an improved OS that can save battery life aswell as some new features

you tell me which IPOD is better, the very first one or the latest ones.

Alpha Centauri
Features of the iPod Nano Vs The original iPod:

Holds up to 1,000 songs and full-colour album art.
...Vs the original iPods that hold THOUSANDS more songs (the point of the device, the reason it exists) and despite being bigger, are still small and more or less unnoticeable.

Only 9.0 x 4.0 x 0.69 cm and weighing just 42 g.
...Vs the original iPod which is wallet (or less) size and almost as light as a wallet once clipped onto a belt or slipped in pocket. Marketing ploys of the Nano apparantly suck people in.

Bright 3.81 cm colour LCD display.
...Vs the original iPod which DOESN'T have colour. Wow, I'm sure that will be a huge problem considering I'll only get it out to browse and click play. Then it goes back into the pocket or holster.

Up to 14 hours of battery life.
...Vs the original iPod which I have charged ONCE overnight and it's lasted me two days. I charge mine every night anyway.

Apple Click Wheel.
...Vs the original iPod...with the original click wheel (aka the same thing, no difference).

Charges and syncs via USB 2.0.
...Vs the original iPod which charges via a plug socket and syncs via USB. If it's got to the point where charging at a plug socket is trouble, I suggest help.

Accessory-compatible Dock connector.
...Vs the original iPod which comes with the only dock connector you need. The one to put albums onto it with.

Completely skip-free playback.
...Vs the original iPod which has this also.

Works with Mac OS X or Windows 2000/XP.
...Vs the original iPod which also has this.

Plays music, podcasts and audiobooks.
...Vs the original iPod which also plays music, holds MORE music and also plays podcasts. I would assume audiobooks but I doubt as many people are buying it got audiobooks as they are music.

Holds up to 25,000 photos.
...Vs the original iPod which only does what it is meant to do, created to do and designed to do...AS good and holds more.

Syncs contacts, calendars and to-do lists.
...Vs the original iPod which does almost all of the same and even if it didn't, it still does the MAIN feature, the reason it exists, better than the Nano.

So if we look at why the iPod exists (that being to hold as MUCH music as possible whilst being easy to travel with), we can see that the originals do it much better than the iPod Nano. If you don't have a lot of music, buy a smaller capacity. Don't shell out MORE money for a bunch of features that factually do not matter.

"Colour screen!" So? Do you walk along staring at it?

Buy an original iPod, Koala.

-AC

Koala MeatPie
A.C, I'll get an original iPod.

Now where to find one for 50$ or less...

El_NINO
Features of the iPod Nano Vs The original iPod:

Holds up to 1,000 songs and full-colour album art.
...Vs the original iPods that hold THOUSANDS more songs (the point of the device, the reason it exists) and despite being bigger, are still small and more or less unnoticeable.

Only 9.0 x 4.0 x 0.69 cm and weighing just 42 g.
...Vs the original iPod which is wallet (or less) size and almost as light as a wallet once clipped onto a belt or slipped in pocket. Marketing ploys of the Nano apparantly suck people in.

Bright 3.81 cm colour LCD display.
...Vs the original iPod which DOESN'T have colour. Wow, I'm sure that will be a huge problem considering I'll only get it out to browse and click play. Then it goes back into the pocket or holster.

Up to 14 hours of battery life.
...Vs the original iPod which I have charged ONCE overnight and it's lasted me two days. I charge mine every night anyway.

Apple Click Wheel.
...Vs the original iPod...with the original click wheel (aka the same thing, no difference).

Charges and syncs via USB 2.0.
...Vs the original iPod which charges via a plug socket and syncs via USB. If it's got to the point where charging at a plug socket is trouble, I suggest help.

Accessory-compatible Dock connector.
...Vs the original iPod which comes with the only dock connector you need. The one to put albums onto it with.

Completely skip-free playback.
...Vs the original iPod which has this also.

Works with Mac OS X or Windows 2000/XP.
...Vs the original iPod which also has this.

Plays music, podcasts and audiobooks.
...Vs the original iPod which also plays music, holds MORE music and also plays podcasts. I would assume audiobooks but I doubt as many people are buying it got audiobooks as they are music.

Holds up to 25,000 photos.
...Vs the original iPod which only does what it is meant to do, created to do and designed to do...AS good and holds more.

Syncs contacts, calendars and to-do lists.
...Vs the original iPod which does almost all of the same and even if it didn't, it still does the MAIN feature, the reason it exists, better than the Nano.

So if we look at why the iPod exists (that being to hold as MUCH music as possible whilst being easy to travel with), we can see that the originals do it much better than the iPod Nano. If you don't have a lot of music, buy a smaller capacity. Don't shell out MORE money for a bunch of features that factually do not matter.

"Colour screen!" So? Do you walk along staring at it?

Buy an original iPod, Koala.

-AC

lol... thanks for pointing out the known features which anyone can read up at APPLE.COM laughing

Alpha Centauri
lol... thanks for pointing out the known features which anyone can read up at APPLE.COM laughing

Point? I didn't read it at apple.com actually, it was Amazon.co.uk. That was just for the iPod Nano. The rest is all common sense type by me.

The fact of the matter is, Nano sucks and it's for people who are more concerned about fashion than functionality. I just proved why the original iPods are better.

-AC

Neo_Version 7
I have a 30GB black iPod! big grin

Loads better than the Nano! The vids aren't too shabby either! stick out tongue

El_NINO
Point? I didn't read it at apple.com actually, it was Amazon.co.uk. That was just for the iPod Nano. The rest is all common sense type by me.

The fact of the matter is, Nano sucks and it's for people who are more concerned about fashion than functionality. I just proved why the original iPods are better.

-AC

I never once thought about the fashion when i decided to purchase it, I purchased it because if what it can do. Do you really think people show off their IPODs hah I have yet to see someone flaunt an IPOD like there was no tomorrow.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not KNOCKING the video features, I'm just saying don't buy it for that. You aren't realistically going to sit around while you're out, watching them. You're gonna be listening to music, and the Nano's suck for that.

-AC

El_NINO
I'm not KNOCKING the video features, I'm just saying don't buy it for that. You aren't realistically going to sit around while you're out, watching them. You're gonna be listening to music, and the Nano's suck for that.

-AC

All IPODs are the same in terms of music abilities, your not making sense. confused

Koala MeatPie
I want a nano becasue it is sooo small, and I did not need the 40 gbs or even 20 gb of the other ones.

Alpha Centauri
All IPODs are the same in terms of music abilities, your not making sense. confused

I am, you're not getting my point.

The iPod was created with a purpose, correct? That purpose was to be small, easy to travel with, but with the capacity to carry ENTIRE music libraries, Nano's do not do this. They carry, at MAXIMUM a thousand songs. That's with the 4GB Nano too, not an original iPod. You're paying for everything else BUT the musical capacity, which is the main point, which- in comparison with originals- is poor.

If you don't have much music, buy a smaller capacity iPod or even another MP3 player. Don't go shell out for a Nano when you're paying for everything except the thing that matters.

I want a nano becasue it is sooo small, and I did not need the 40 gbs or even 20 gb of the other ones.

Why does size matter? The original iPods aren't hard or bothersome to carry around. If size is such an issue to the point that you are willing to settle for less functionality JUST to achieve smaller size, you might as well not carry anything around. If you want to carry an MP3 player around easily that does it's job the best, original iPods are the way to go. As I said, if you don't have much music then get a smaller iPod or a different MP3 player.

Nano's are pointless.

-AC

El_NINO
I am, you're not getting my point.

The iPod was created with a purpose, correct? That purpose was to be small, easy to travel with, but with the capacity to carry ENTIRE music libraries. Nano's do not do this, they carry, at MAXIMUM a thousand songs. That's with the 4GB Nano too, not an original iPod. You're paying for everything else BUT the musical capacity, which is the main point, which- in comparison with originals- is poor.

If you don't have much music, buy a smaller capacity iPod or even another MP3 player. Don't go shell out for a Nano when you're paying for everything except the thing that matters.

-AC

Oh ok now i see what you mean...

but your contradicting yourself. Thats the idea behind a 1GB to 4GB NANO, for people who dont want large space. So why would they go buy another MP3 player if they like IPODs and dont want a lot of space.

Koala MeatPie
I did not want to have to buy an arband or belt clip, nor did I want a lump in my pockets, thats why.

Alpha Centauri
Oh ok now i see what you mean...

but your contradicting yourself. Thats the idea behind a 1GB to 4GB NANO, for people who dont want large space. So why would they go buy another MP3 player if they like IPODs and dont want a lot of space.

I'm not contradicting myself, first of all.

Second, the question you THEN have to ask is: Why are you so intent on getting an expensive Nano? "It's small." So? As I previously said, if you're willing to subject yourself to HIGHER cost and lower functionality in conjunction with purpose, then why have anything? If original iPods are so big to carry around, then A) You're being silly and B) You obviously have a problem with carrying things in general.

The only reason people can justifiably argue for Nano's is for fashion purposes, in which case I laugh.

-AC

El_NINO
what are you talking about less functionality, as if people dont have options as to what they want.

If people want to watch videos and listen to music then get those kinds.

If people want to listen to music only then get those.

See your not making sense.

Alpha Centauri
I did not want to have to buy an arband or belt clip, nor did I want a lump in my pockets, thats why.

You don't buy the belt holster, it comes with it. Mine did.

Second, it's not a lump. Just because Apple are trying to convince you and spellbind you into buying things by making them stupidly and pointlessly small, it doesn't mean that the machines out previously were massive, cumbersome devices.

-AC

El_NINO

Second, it's not a lump. Just because Apple are trying to convince you and spellbind you into buying things by making them stupidly and pointlessly small, it doesn't mean that the machines out previously were massive, cumbersome devices.

-AC

Why do you keep saying people see IPODs as big to carry?

silver_tears
I can get one for like 30 bucks from a friend of mine who's "friends" got them off the back of a truck if you will. But Im endlessly devoted to my mini and think the nano is a rip anyways.

Alpha Centauri
Why do you keep saying people see IPODs as big to carry?

Read the post I replied to, thanks.

what are you talking about less functionality, as if people dont have options as to what they want.

If people want to watch videos and listen to music then get those kinds.

If people want to listen to music only then get those.

See your not making sense.

You're just not getting my point, so I shall repeat it a last time:

Koala says he wants a Nano because it's small and he doesn't want a lump in his pocket. Pointless. Why is it pointless? Because original iPods are not so big (or arguably even big at all) that they cause discomfort or even happen to be noticeable when you're out.

It's a clever marketing trick that everyone falls for. Apple keep making things smaller and people buy them because they feel that the older ones are now too big, when they've not grown or anything. People went made over the iPod shuffle because it was like a stick, despite it being the most pointless invention in music technology. When original iPods came out, everyone was like "Oh man, so easy! So good to travel with!" They're not magically harder or bigger just because there are SMALLER items designed to empty your pockets.

If Koala only wants and happens to be interested in- music, then the original iPods are more suitable.

No debate needed.

-AC

Koala MeatPie

-AC

My wallet is smaller then 3rd gen iPod, Its still a lump.

When you are syanding in the Metro for an hour each day, packet in with hundreds of other people, stuck against the doors with your bag between your legs, people breathing down your neck, desperatly pressing your hands down onto the window to get any firction at all to stop you from tumbling each time it stops and goes, A lump is a lump.

Be it Cell, Wallet, Anything to minimize space is good.

but I am going for the Original iPod, 3rd gen thought.

ALOS when you run from One Metro level to another, lumps jump around and can fall out.

PLus to run and catch the bus, for me, it was for music + not annoying, slidding down the pants.

El_NINO
If people want to be idiots and buy things that they dont really need then I agree but it doesnt mean that the NANO is crap. Every year there are people who by IPODs for the first time, will they say the NANO is crap, maybe, but as for what I said, dont buy things you already have.

silver_tears
I agree, I don't see why people buy like 4 iPods or mp3 players blink

Alpha Centauri
My wallet is smaller then 3rd gen iPod, Its still a lump.

Have you read or heard the yarn of The Princess and the Pea? I think that applies here.

When you are syanding in the Metro for an hour each day, packet in with hundreds of other people, stuck against the doors with your bag between your legs, people breathing down your neck, desperatly pressing your hands down onto the window to get any firction at all to stop you from tumbling each time it stops and goes, A lump is a lump.

Not really. Again, Princess and the Pea syndrome. I've been in those situations many times, I've been in concert pits with my iPod on my waist. I have to keep checking that it's there, let alone have it being uncomfortable. Mine is 1st generation also.

Be it Cell, Wallet, Anything to minimize space is good.

How much do you carry on your belt then?

Second, if the goal here is minimising space on your person when you are out, then why are you carrying ANYTHING that you don't need? You don't need an iPod do you? If you aren't into music enough to need a larger capacity one, then you obviously could live without taking it out. So if an original iPod is a lump to you, why do you even want an iPod when you're out? Save more space and not have anything. You're being illogical.

but I am going for the Original iPod, 3rd gen thought.

ALOS when you run from One Metro level to another, lumps jump around and can fall out.

Not if you put it in your pocket and zip it up with only the wire coming out. Not if it's clipped to your belt.

PLus to run and catch the bus, for me, it was for music + not annoying, slidding down the pants.

Doesn't do that. Now you're just clutching at straws.

-AC

Lana
Some people genuinely can fill them all. My aunt and uncle both have an iPod and they're both completely full.

And my iPod (which is first or second gen, I don't remember, it's 15GB) fits fine in my jeans pocket. And I usually can't even get my phone to fit comfortably in my pocket.

And as to how much of the music on it I listen to on a regular basis...I'd say about 80% of it I listen to quite regularly.

Alpha Centauri
If people want to be idiots and buy things that they dont really need then I agree but it doesnt mean that the NANO is crap. Every year there are people who by IPODs for the first time, will they say the NANO is crap, maybe, but as for what I said, dont buy things you already have.

I've said the Nano is crap for the reasons I've given, and I can continually do so because I have everything backing me up that is needed. That's not a problem.

I'm not too sure what else you're getting at. I'm saying buy something that's worth it, don't buy something because it's pointlessly small.

-AC

El_NINO
I've said the Nano is crap for the reasons I've given, and I can continually do so because I have everything backing me up that is needed. That's not a problem.

I'm not too sure what else you're getting at. I'm saying buy something that's worth it, don't buy something because it's pointlessly small.

-AC

The only argument your making is that because its small. It can do exactly everything that any other iPOD can do but you dont like it because its too small.

Alpha Centauri
The only argument your making is that because its small. YOu havent really pointed out the real benefits and im not talking about what new shit it comes with either.

No, I've made a page full of comparisons about how the Nano isn't worth it, to you and to Koala each. Those are cold hard facts, so that's not even an argument. It's me showing you something and you not accepting it.

My argument about it buying it because it's small has already been proven as viewable on the previous page.

-AC

El_NINO
The only argument your making is that because its small. It can do exactly everything that any other iPOD can do but you dont like it because its too small.

Are you even reading what I said, I just said the NANO does everything any other IPOD does.

Like I said you just bashing it because its small

Alpha Centauri
Are you even reading what I said, I just said the NANO does everything any other IPOD does.

Like I said you just bashing it because its small

I'm not bashing it because it's small. If there's one thing I can't stand it's people who don't read posts/can't read posts.

I am quite aware it has the same base function of playing music, but it doesn't adhere to the primary purpose of the device that is the iPod. It's a contradiction. The iPod was created to carry as much music as possible, the Nano carries a thousand songs max. I'm not going over everything I've said previously just because you don't get it.

I don't have a problem with it being small, I find it idiotic to buy it because it's small and use the excuses Koala did. Which I have since debunked. Done? Sweet.

-AC

Koala MeatPie
(...)

Doesn't do that. Now you're just clutching at straws.

-AC

I emant my pants slide down.

El_NINO
I'm not bashing it because it's small. If there's one thing I can't stand it's people who don't read posts/can't read posts.

I am quite aware it has the same base function of playing music, but it doesn't adhere to the primary purpose of the device that is the iPod. It's a contradiction. The iPod was created to carry as much music as possible, the Nano carries a thousand songs max. I'm not going over everything I've said previously just because you don't get it.

I don't have a problem with it being small, I find it idiotic to buy it because it's small and use the excuses Koala did. Which I have since debunked. Done? Sweet.

-AC

laughing you believe Koala...?

He was yankin us all

Alpha Centauri
EL, I'm not psychic, nor was it obvious.

I emant my pants slide down.

Not the iPod's fault.

-AC

Vinny Valentine
EL, I'm not psychic, nor was it obvious.

Not the iPod's fault.

-AC

Koala MeatPie

(...)

Think this is the fourth time I'm telling you, I'm going for 3rd gen.

Alpha Centauri
Think this is the fourth time I'm telling you, I'm going for 3rd gen.

I noted it. I was just debating the principle.

-AC

Koala MeatPie
You know What I Just Discovered?

F¤ck the iPod.

I can get an iriver for 250$ 20 gb
vs 20 gb iPod at 300$

PLUS the iriver Plays Movies, Music, HAS A BUILT IN FM RADIO (which is essential) And of course you have colour.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.