Venom at the end of SM-3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doc Ock
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1009/334cover5hp.jpg

Source: http://www.visimag.com/starburst/334_display.htm

That magazine recently did an interview with Thomas Haden Church about SM-3.

I went and bought it today.

I'll give you guys the low down of what Church said.Most of it was stuff we already knew.Stuff like this:

-He is definitely playing Sandman.Any doubts about that are gone.He is Sandman.
-He actually started filming his scenes back in November.Pre-shoots they're called.He filmed about 8 minutes of what's going to be in the movie.
-He hasn't worked with Tobey yet.All the stuff he's done so far has just been him.

But this bit I thought I should scan for you all,as it gives some details on Sandman's and Topher's character set up in the movie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/Sandmaninterview111.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/Sandmaninter2.jpg

I have to admit,that does scream Venom.Whatever villain Topher is playing,he doesn't become that villain until the end.

Just remember it was me who showed you guys this,even though I don't want little Topher playing Venom wink

Evil SeeD
Yep , I pretty much new from the beginning that Venom would be in it, and Ock I'm sure that Grace will make an excellent Eddie Brock, All of the crap they can do to actors nowadays, hell they could make Grace the Hulk if they really wanted to.... Anyways, that pretty much does confirm its Venom because he said Dunst revealed them, and she revealed Sandman and Venom so thats cool.. At least we know they wont mess it up, and probably have Venom as the main villain in Spiderman 4.

The thing I'm most excited for is the black suit, its been confirmed that Tobeys been fitted for one and so has Grace, meaning we are going to also see black spidey in this one winkwink HELL YES big grinbig grin

Knightfall93
Thanks, Ock. You really a re 2king of the comic forums"

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Evil SeeD
Yep , I pretty much new from the beginning that Venom would be in it, and Ock I'm sure that Grace will make an excellent Eddie Brock, All of the crap they can do to actors nowadays, hell they could make Grace the Hulk if they really wanted to.... Anyways, that pretty much does confirm its Venom because he said Dunst revealed them, and she revealed Sandman and Venom so thats cool.. At least we know they wont mess it up, and probably have Venom as the main villain in Spiderman 4.

The thing I'm most excited for is the black suit, its been confirmed that Tobeys been fitted for one and so has Grace, meaning we are going to also see black spidey in this one winkwink HELL YES big grinbig grin

I am happy he doesn't become a villain until the end.That's one thing that bothered me alot.Cramming the villains into this already HUGE cast.But it seems he's like Anakin Skywalker in Revenge of the Sith,he doesn't become a villain until the end.

But it's still Topher as Brock thumb down

I do hope we see the black suit in this.I assume Peter get's rid of it near the end,and it finds it's way to Brock.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Thanks, Ock. You really a re 2king of the comic forums"

Awww shucks embarrasment wink

It would be a crime for me not to report this.

But Sandman is the main villain.Boooooooooooooooooooring *snore*

streekz
??????????? i just posted my thoughts on wot i think happens wiv eddie in another thread, stating he would probably not become venom till the end of movie due to there being too many villians in it.!!
i must be telepathic blink

Evil SeeD
Hey Ock, its been confirmed that the black suit will be in this one.. Both for Tobey and Grace.. I posted the article clipping in a different thread I forgot which one..lol.. If ya want i can find the link again, but it talks about the Black suit and how its being made and whos going to be wearing it.....

samishe
Originally posted by streekz
he would probably not become venom till the end of movie:

You are no telepathic. I knew it eather.jump

Marcus4600
Well, then I guess that Venom will be kicking some butt at the end, and may open up for a fourth movie, which would be nice. They may have to switch directors though, because Raimi doesn't like Venom much. The question is, who would be a good director for that? My nomination: Robert Rodriguez.

TheOnes2
Wasnt it confirmed somewhere that there filming SM3 and SM4 back to back?

Doc Ock
Originally posted by TheOnes2
Wasnt it confirmed somewhere that there filming SM3 and SM4 back to back?

That's not true.

Avi Arad said that rumour was BS. They said it's way too much work to do two of them back to back.

One is hard enough.

TheOnes2
Cheers Ock for clearing that up. Anyway i hope they have lizard in this one. Sandman alone is just so unwatchable and boring. (Unless we have Gwen and/or MJ dying in a gorey way)

Marcus4600
I dunno. I hope that the soundtrack isn't Emo again. GRRRRRR!
ME HATES EMO! Of course, I guarantee if the Venom symbiote wasn't allergic to sound, he'd be a metalhead.

Doc Ock
I seriously doubt we'll see the Lizard.Curt Connors is in it again,but it's probably a small role like in SM-2.

Since we can safely assume Eddie Brock is getting some development in this,along with Gwen,her dad,the Peter/MJ stuff and of course Sandman,it's damn near impossible to have Lizard too.

I just hope Venom is not being used for one single fight at the end,and then being killed off or something.The way Church says he only turns into a 'villain' at the end is kind of daunting.

spencerspider
Well that is cool, that goes with the church picture from the set I guess. Anyway yea, Sandman by himself will be gay, so guess who should become a villain. My avatar says it all.

TheOnes2
Yea. GG2 and Sandman. Then while fighting Black Spidey, Peter almost kills Harry, Pete gets rid of symbiote, Sandman attacks again, Seeing peter is powerless now Harry finds good and takes Sandman out along with himself. Symbiote finds its way to brock tied up on the side and becomes venom

Arahan
Why should Peter be powerless?

spencerspider
OK look I got this awesome idea. Very brief but whatever. ok Sandman comes along blah blah. Spiderman fights him and gets beat up. Symbiote gets on Spiderman. Now Spiderman can beat Sandman. Harry joins up about halfway through and Spiderman almost kills Harry or actually does. He regrets almost killing him or killing him and rejects suit. Intro Brock during all of this. Spiderman fights Sandman once again, starts losing (and o by the way that is why he would be powerless) and Harry has been fighting him as well so it is 2 vs 1 and no symbiote. Seeing Peter almost dead, Harry realizes he is wrong. And saves Peter, killing Sandman, but dying while trying. Meanwhile, Brock stumbles upon the church... you know the rest

TheOnes2
When they finish Spidey 3, should they just go striaght into 4? Theyve got the villain. Theyve got the cast. All they need is a script (1.5 years to write it)

DBZ MAN
Dammit!, you might have very well just ruined the film for all of us there SS laughing

DBZ MAN
Oh yeah also Isin't Tobey and Kirstin's contract end after 3? So 4 will mean that theres gunna be different actors playing the same role in the same story. That kinda sucks, even though Tobey and Dunst are not exactly my favorite dream cast.

TheOnes2
Maybe they will sign up for a 4th during or after 3. Just because there contract ends doesnt mean they cant sign up again.

DBZ MAN
True but Tobey does not seem enthusiastic about it. Unless its another publicity trick.

atharpina
I kind of hope Tobey ends up coming back. I just hate when the actors change for things like this. Although, doing three is pretty extensive I guess. Oh well, the best of luck to them.

Silverstein
i think Tobey said he doesnt want to work out anymore, thats why

TheOnes2
just get a fishing line and dangle a bag of money infront of his face.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Doc Ock
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1009/334cover5hp.jpg

Source: http://www.visimag.com/starburst/334_display.htm

That magazine recently did an interview with Thomas Haden Church about SM-3.

I went and bought it today.

I'll give you guys the low down of what Church said.Most of it was stuff we already knew.Stuff like this:

-He is definitely playing Sandman.Any doubts about that are gone.He is Sandman.
-He actually started filming his scenes back in November.Pre-shoots they're called.He filmed about 8 minutes of what's going to be in the movie.
-He hasn't worked with Tobey yet.All the stuff he's done so far has just been him.

But this bit I thought I should scan for you all,as it gives some details on Sandman's and Topher's character set up in the movie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/Sandmaninterview111.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/Sandmaninter2.jpg

I have to admit,that does scream Venom.Whatever villain Topher is playing,he doesn't become that villain until the end.

Just remember it was me who showed you guys this,even though I don't want little Topher playing Venom wink

I love you. eek!

Silverstein
Originally posted by TheOnes2
just get a fishing line and dangle a bag of money infront of his face.

laughing and sam raimi: "Tobey i got two simple words for you...topless scene ." Happy Dance

Drache53
My opinion on this is that someone at Sony forced Raimi to do a Venom thing at the end. Why? Because if you have Topher change at the end, who do you have for the 4th movie? Venom. Who most likely will not be doing anymore movies and hates Venom? Raimi. So I think Sony forced him to so that a new director could take over Venom for 4 (if that's the case).

Marcus4600
YES! That's what I wanted to try and get across is that Raimi probably won't be around for more than three! They need to find a more versatile director than Raimi. There are Spidey fans who favor the older villains like Sandman and the Osbourne family, and others who prefer newer villains like Venom and Carnage. It's kinda obvious which one I am. I own every Venom comic, and both Carnage one-shots.

chucktaylor
So this must mean that there really is a Spider-Man 4!

Alright! But I still dont like the idea of Gopher as Venom...sad

spencerspider
I think that this gives him way more time to get bigger for Spiderman 4 as well.

chucktaylor
Lets hope he gets big enough...

Arahan
I still dont get it why spidey would have better chances against Sandman with the symbiote.
It doesnt increase his powers.
The symbiote gave him shapeshifting abilities and webbing.
And with the organic webbing he even dont need that.

The symbiote did only increase his powers in the TV series
but not in the comics.

steverules
Yes ha ha. This means a 4th meaning my conclusion was right meaning that more people will go on my thread. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!

spencerspider
Well, maybe Raimi will make him have more powers, I mean it really couldn't hurt.. and then my storyline is awesome.

Altar[1stONE]
The way raimi already made spiderman. He will probably revamp the black suit giving him similar powers to sandman. As the already mentioned shape shifting ability or , carnage like moves example ( being able to stretch out with the symboite suit , anything to rival sandmans abililties). If this movie is just sandman alone it will be dull, but the way the last 2 films have ended, its time to bring green goblin into the picture. And as you said, if venom was indeed forced into the picture by sony. They might leave the whole venom idea as a possible sequel or just ending the movies right there. If they make 4 with new actors and a new director, spiderman 4 could indeed be what Batman and Robin was to the batman series. Mediacore and to over the top, (even though batman and robin couldnt touch spiderman, you get my point. Maybe more along the lines of revenge of the sith. And I stress episode 1 seems to be the only film of the prequels to resemble or have that original starwars feel)

Knightfall93
how can you say the Phantom Menace was any good? It was Ok, but BS really...

Altar[1stONE]
well it wasnt whored out on cgi like the other 2 were. You always have to consider what the future generations would think. Seeing the big alteration in graphics, but im sure they will just accept it as we have. Technology improved over the years.

Scarecrow756
It sounds like the direction Chris Nolan and David Goyer are going for in the next Batman movie where they only have Harvey Dent in BB2 and he transforms into Two Face in BB3. This is good because they can build Eddy Brock`s character in Spider-Man 3 and make him a good Venom for Spider-Man 4. Thanks for the source Doc Ock.

Knightfall93
Then its funny how the aliens and droids looked so much better in the original Star Wars trilogy than in the new trilogy!

Altar[1stONE]
very true

spencerspider
ok, after reading the harry friend or foe thing I have to change my story lol.
Spiderman rejects suit because he almost kills Sandman. ok now, intro Eddie, Eddie goes to church and becomes Venom. Venom goes out to kill Spiderman. LONG FIGHT! Venom fights Spiderman. Sandman joins in and Spiderman starts really losing. Somehow seeing his friend dying, Haryr makes a quick choice even though he has been struggling inside. He puts on the mask... Sandman turns on Venom, Venom bites Sandman, just like the comics. Sandman dies. Harry comes to the scene and him and Peter fight and kill Venom. Harry dies but it was enough to save his friend. Peter goes to Harry and asks why did he save him, and Harry says "Because you're my best friend".
Perfect ending, to a perfect trilogy!

atharpina
Yeah! Harry's death better make me all warm inside.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.