2006 Olympics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
Face it, we are in our Element.

debbiejo
Jumpy

Makedde
Australia will kick everyones ass, and that's a fact.

Darth Macabre
In what sport? If it's hockey I agree. They should win the gold.

Quiero Mota
Hell no! US will win the medal count!

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

Probably. There Snowboarding team (both male and female) is the sickest team I have ever seen. They should be able to sweep snowboarding. Then you have Ohno, Miller, and the female hockey team.

dave123
Watch out for the Jamaican Bobsleigh Team

http://www.scottchernis.com/images/olym/6.jpg

dave123
Scratch that: turns out they didn't qualify this year erm

Makedde

Only because there are more of you than anyone else. wink

Imperial_Samura
Awwww. No Jamaican Bobsleighers? And that movie was on TV just last night. If only John Candy hadn't died. He could have got them there.

And I have faith in the Australians that got there. There in damn fine condition. If only we had a curling team I'd be happy.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie

No, Canadians are trash at Basketball

Bardock42
I'd go for Germany anyways.

xmarksthespot
Winter Olympics... Meh...

Makedde
Steven Bradbury had an awesome win last Olympics, all the speed skaters fell, and he flew past them. It'd be great if he could do that again.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
No, Canadians are trash at Basketball

Winter Basketball? I wonder what that would be like actually.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Winter Basketball? I wonder what that would be like actually.

Never played it?

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Never played it?

Well, I've played basketball in winter, but I'd hope there would be some variation on the game. Like differences between land polo and water polo.

Yeah, I think people need to stop making fun of him, he won on skill - it's not that they fell down but rather he stayed up. Yes, he was far enough behind that he wouldn't get tangled, but he still managed to take the line before any of them got up again.

dave123
Awwww. No Jamaican Bobsleighers? And that movie was on TV just last night. If only John Candy hadn't died. He could have got them there.
Cool Runnings! Great film, great song big grin

-hh-
Team Russia (Hockey)

incredible lineup

Frolov, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin = shock

Goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin
Goaltender Evgeni Nabokov
Goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov
Defense Andrei Markov
Defense Alexei Zhitnik
Defense Darius Kasparaitis
Defense Fedor Tyutin
Defense Daniil Markov
Defense Anton Volchenkov
Defense Sergei Gonchar
Defense Dmitri Bykov
Forward Ilya Kovalchuk
Forward Pavel Datsyuk
Forward Alexei Kovalev
Forward Alexander Ovechkin
Forward Alexei Yashin
Forward Viktor Kozlov
Forward Alexander Frolov
Forward Evgeni Malkin
Forward Maxim Afinogenov
Forward Alexander Kharitonov
Forward Alexei Zhamnov
Forward Maxim Sushinsky

Koala MeatPie
The only reason the U.S. wins more medles is probably becasue they are doped. I mean one is already kicked out.

That and they have a lot of people.

Remeber that Canadians won the first gold medel in Snowboarding.

The Italians had it good for Bobsleigh.

As for hockey, We beat the U.S. in the finals for both mens and womens.

I can't wait to see this year's (whats it called?) Accorbatic downhill skiing.

Makedde
Alisa Camplin will win gold, that's for sure.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Makedde
Alisa Camplin will win gold, that's for sure.

Yep, she's definitly a good chance for it. All Australia's are with her in spirit.

debbiejo
I remember when we beat the Russian Hockey team....Now that was exciting!!

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by debbiejo
I remember when we beat the Russian Hockey team....Now that was exciting!!

When did that happen?

K.Diddy
Australia will kick everyones ass, and that's a fact.

BackFire
The only reason the U.S. wins more medles is probably becasue they are doped. I mean one is already kicked out.

This is exactly why so many people mock canadians and mock the country so much -invalid confidence and such a misplaced ego and competitive attitude over something so stupid. They're like the skinny little gimp who tries out every year simply because he feels he has something to prove and tries to act tough to impress. Little does he know that everyone is laughing at his feeble attempts.

Plus making outright idioitic claims that have no bearing or logical backing such as your stupid assumption that because ONE American was kicked out for drugs, they ALL must be on drugs.

In short, enjoy your place as North America's greatest running joke.

Darth Macabre
The american got kicked out for using hair growing pills. Give me a break, yes he was stupid for using them, but he doesn't deserve to be kicked out for that.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'd go for Germany anyways.

I just realized that my wording was quite poor, what I meant to say is: Germany willl pawn your asses.

Makedde
Where are the Olympics being held? I still don't know... confused

I watched the Opening Ceremony, it was awesome. I love watching all the little countries people come out, there's only 3 or 4 of them...

Go Alisa, go Steven Bradbury! I hope all the speed skaters trip over again, and he wins the same way he did last time! That was such a laugh. laughing

Darth Macabre
Where are the Olympics being held? I still don't know... confused

I watched the Opening Ceremony, it was awesome. I love watching all the little countries people come out, there's only 3 or 4 of them...

Go Alisa, go Steven Bradbury! I hope all the speed skaters trip over again, and he wins the same way he did last time! That was such a laugh. laughing

Torino (Turin) Italy.

LoL Yeah, watching countries like Thailand who only has 1 competing athlete really is enjoyable. Really puts your life in perspective.

Makedde
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Torino (Turin) Italy.

LoL Yeah, watching countries like Thailand who only has 1 competing athlete really is enjoyable. Really puts your life in perspective.

I like it. I like to see the countries with only 2-3 people take home a medal. They deserve it. stick out tongue

Darth Macabre
I like it. I like to see the countries with only 2-3 people take home a medal. They deserve it. stick out tongue

I agree that they do deserve it for trying....It would never happen. They simply do not have the resources the other athletes have. They mostly compete with heart, not real talent.

Imperial_Samura
Though in situations like this, doesn't the home nation often claim to have some advantage? Maybe the Italians will be the surprise champions this year.

And besides, it depends on how you view a victory. It's usually given that China and the US will top the medal tally, but if a nation takes away a medal usually one by those two, or manages to get into the top five or something, well, sometimes they consider it a moral victory.

Darth Macabre
Though in situations like this, doesn't the home nation often claim to have some advantage? Maybe the Italians will be the surprise champions this year.

And besides, it depends on how you view a victory. It's usually given that China and the US will top the medal tally, but if a nation takes away a medal usually one by those two, or manages to get into the top five or something, well, sometimes they consider it a moral victory.

In a way yes they do have an advantage. But most of the sports on the outside have competitors that have skied, and boarded on the alps before. It's the arena sports that there is a huge advantage. Most people with in the audience are from the given nation.

Yeah it truly does depend on the nation. I mean if it's a huge nation like Russia, and their hockey team comes up 4th it's a let down. But let's say a country like Thailand fielded a team, and they came up with the 4th place. That would be a huge moral victory for them don't you think?

Imperial_Samura
Yeah it truly does depend on the nation. I mean if it's a huge nation like Russia, and their hockey team comes up 4th it's a let down. But let's say a country like Thailand fielded a team, and they came up with the 4th place. That would be a huge moral victory for them don't you think?

Yep, exactly. I mean, in Australia the celebrations were enormous when we qualified for the World Cup. Not won or anything. Qualified - because qualifying, is a huge for a nation that hasn't got there for so long. A moral victory as it were.

Nothing seems to embody that Olympic Spirit more then when an underdog does well.

Darth Macabre
Yep, exactly. I mean, in Australia the celebrations were enormous when we qualified for the World Cup. Not won or anything. Qualified - because qualifying, is a huge for a nation that hasn't got there for so long. A moral victory as it were.

Nothing seems to embody that Olympic Spirit more then when an underdog does well.

Too true. It's refreshing to see such stories to be honest.

Inspectah Deck
Well, I've played basketball in winter, but I'd hope there would be some variation on the game. Like differences between land polo and water polo.

Have you done a lay up in 6 feet of snow?

soleran30

Dude one of the most documented drug scandals in the Olympics in the past 20 years was Ben Johnson who tested positive to steroids he was Canadian.

Taking drugs to compete at this level is par for the course and regardless of nationality it is very common.

-hh-
I remember when we beat the Russian Hockey team....Now that was exciting!! rigged

russians= monsters on ice

edit: iif u mean the game with U.S.A, that was bullshit thumb up

KidRock
usa owned the commies

Bardock42
Originally posted by KidRock
usa owned the commies

Only half true, the commies owned themself quite good I believe.

Haha, my bad, I was thinking about history...didn't notice what thread I was in.

-hh-
Only half true, the commies owned themself quite good I believe.

Haha, my bad, I was thinking about history...didn't notice what thread I was in. laughing

Bardock42
Originally posted by -hh-
laughing

It happens a lot lately..I guess I'm getting old.

-hh-
It happens a lot lately..I guess I'm getting old. ur very old June 28th, 1986

Bardock42
ur very old June 28th, 1986

Do I sense some sort of sarcasm? What the f**k?

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by BackFire
(...)
Plus making outright idioitic claims that have no bearing or logical backing such as your stupid assumption that because ONE American was kicked out for drugs, they ALL must be on drugs.

(...)

WHAT!? Don't treat me like a f*cking idiot.

Did I say they where ALL doped? No. I said PROBABLY, and ONE was already kicked out.

The U.S. has a Good record with sports and doping.

Darth Macabre
Any body watching the Nordic Combined right now?

BackFire

Did I say they where ALL doped? No. I said PROBABLY, and ONE was already kicked out.

The U.S. has a Good record with sports and doping.

Yeah, assuming they are probably doped out based on ONE being doped isn't idiotic or anything.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, assuming they are probably doped out based on ONE being doped isn't idiotic or anything.

But I didn't say that. Or at least thats not What was mean't by it.

Imperial_Samura

There's only one thing for it. You must participate in a sudden death match of curling (or whatever they call it.)

Man, I love that sport.

Darth Macabre
There's only one thing for it. You must participate in a sudden death match of curling (or whatever they call it.)

Man, I love that sport.

Curling? Not exactly the most exciting sport now is it?

BackFire

That makes it even more idiotic, since your apparantly basing your claims on simple prejudice against the American team.

Imperial_Samura
Curling? Not exactly the most exciting sport now is it?

I imagine if you replaced the sliding thing with some sort of explosive device it would be exciting. That would make 'em sweep fast.

Still, there is something strangely enjoyably about it.

Darth Macabre
I imagine if you replaced the sliding thing with some sort of explosive device it would be exciting. That would make 'em sweep fast.

Still, there is something strangely enjoyably about it.

lol Wouldn't that "exploding" device kill half the people in the arena?

But you're right its like watching a marathon runner who is in first by 5 miles. Nothing exciting about it, but yet you still watch.

Well Germany sure is cleaning up today. They already have 2 golds.

Koala MeatPie
HA!

Canadians beat the Americans in Freestyle!

Darth Macabre
HA!

Canadians beat the Americans in Freestyle!

Why do you say they beat Americans? America isn't the only team at the Olympics you know. lol

Koala MeatPie
I know, Its just to Tick off BackFire A bit stick out tongue

And it is Technically true, Seeing as how we came in first stick out tongue

BackFire
I know, Its just to Tick off BackFire A bit stick out tongue

And it is Technically true, Seeing as how we came in first stick out tongue

I don't care that Canada wins, it was just stupid to immediately attempt to demonize America for something that's based purely off of predertermined hatred/jealousy.

Eis
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Winter Olympics... Meh...
I was going to point that out too.

Koala MeatPie
HEY! Don't Diss the Jamaican Bobsleigh Team!

dave123
As I said before, Cool Runnings is a brilliant film big grin

-hh-
Do I sense some sort of sarcasm? What the f**k? yes

WrathfulDwarf

Bardock42
yes
EYYYYY....well...it was meant rather humorous anyways.

crazylozer
Canada's hockey teams = two gold medals.

Other than that, there are plenty of other countries with ice, snow and mountains...

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by crazylozer
Canada's hockey teams = two gold medals.

Other than that, there are plenty of other countries with ice, snow and mountains...

Yeah, I was wondering, is Canada going to say, come and personally kick my ass (which I am assuming is that donkey like creature)? Or should I stop waiting?

dontworry x3
mhm sure in yur little world.

DiamondBullets
Too Bad Michelle Kwan! sad

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Too Bad Michelle Kwan! sad

I love Michelle Kwan....Always got the short end of the stick during the Olympics...but still love her.

botankus
I don't care too much for the Olympics, but from what was on my TV in the background (on Bravo HD) over the weekend, the Canadian women's hockey team is kicking some serious ass!

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by botankus
I don't care too much for the Olympics, but from what was on my TV in the background (on Bravo HD) over the weekend, the Canadian women's hockey team is kicking some serious ass!

The Koreans seem to be dominating the skating - winning gold and silver in the 1500 meter.

Ohno (or whatever his name is) didn't get to the final to defend his position (gained by winning the race in Salt Lake.) I suspect it's because he has a stupid looking beard, and not because he pushed to hard and slipped as the commentators would have us believe.

Darth Macabre
The Koreans seem to be dominating the skating - winning gold and silver in the 1500 meter.

Ohno (or whatever his name is) didn't get to the final to defend his position (gained by winning the race in Salt Lake.) I suspect it's because he has a stupid looking beard, and not because he pushed to hard and slipped as the commentators would have us believe.

lol His hand hit the other guys skate....Doubt it was the beard and long hair.

manny321
The best performance in the Olympics so far is when the Chinese pair skaters won silver even when the girl almost broke her leg on a huge fall. She got up and after two mins they gave a wonderful performance.
Stuff like that makes Olympics special.
Anyways Canada will win a few more medals in skating, curling and Hockey.

Imperial_Samura
lol His hand hit the other guys skate....Doubt it was the beard and long hair.

Yeah, I know.... though if skating ever gets things like points for styles I would definitely dock him and anyone with a beard like that.

Go the curlers!

Quiero Mota
What the hell is going on? First Apollo Anton Ohno f*cks up, and then Michelle Kwan throws in the towel......

no Ay guey, whats next?

Darth Macabre
What the hell is going on? First Apollo Anton Ohno f*cks up, and then Michelle Kwan throws in the towel......

no Ay guey, whats next?

Atleast your mens and womens snowboarding teams won the gold and silver in half-pipe.

sithsaber408

no Ay guey, whats next?

pinche menso's!

Oh well, maybe we can club the figure skaters.

Hit_and_Miss
england for curling!!!

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
england for curling!!!

Didn't America beat them today?

Or was that Norway?

Hit_and_Miss
Men's round robin:

Finland 2-7 Switzerland
Norway 5-11 United States
Italy 5-7 Great Britain
New Zealand 3-6 Sweden
Germany 5-10 Canada
Great Britain 10-5 New Zealand
Italy 5-7 Sweden
United States 3-4 Finland

Women's round robin:

Switzerland 11-4 Italy
Great Britain 3-2 Denmark
Norway 11-6 United States
Canada 5-7

Darth Macabre
In the men's round robin what happened to Switzerland's 2nd game?

Hit_and_Miss
its played today....

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
its played today....

Good....I'll watch it tonight then. Thanks.

KharmaDog

Our element? Unless the rest of the world is fielding teams whose athletes are MASSIVELY underfunded, I would hesitate to proclaim our dominance.

Canada will win a few medals, many countries will win more. I am disgusted at how our athletes are underfunded and live such meager lives, but I am proud of the fact that Canadian athletes compete at such a high level whilst facing such inconveniences.

As for making smart ass comments about other countries, I'll leave that to the mental midgets of KMC.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Our element? Unless the rest of the world is fielding teams whose athletes are MASSIVELY underfunded, I would hesitate to proclaim our dominance.

Canada will win a few medals, many countries will win more. I am disgusted at how our athletes are underfunded and live such meager lives, but I am proud of the fact that Canadian athletes compete at such a high level whilst facing such inconveniences.

As for making smart ass comments about other countries, I'll leave that to the mental midgets of KMC.

I've never truly heard about the lack of funding for the athletes of Canada...Why do they live such meager lives?

KharmaDog
I've never truly heard about the lack of funding for the athletes of Canada...Why do they live such meager lives?

Because our politicians would rather steal our money, go on nice vacations and be chauffered around than channel money towards the athletes that represent our country on an international stage.

Where I live we have had 4 athletes (3 summer gamers and one winter gamer) actually go door to door asking for support.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Because our politicians would rather steal our money, go on nice vacations and be chauffered around than channel money towards the athletes that represent our country on an international stage.

Where I live we have had 4 athletes (3 summer gamers and one winter gamer) actually go door to door asking for support.

That's terrible...But I must say their pride in Canada is astounding. Most athletes would go to another country, get their citizenship, and represent them if they didn't get the proper funding.

tlbauerle
Okay...I'm done with Olympic Figure Skating.

After the fiasco of the 'shared' gold medal between Canada and Russia last year, the the shifty judging this year...I can't take much more.

What do I think was wrong about this year?

Every single medal.

First off, the Silver Medal. This is an obvious faux pas to any viewer. ZHANG Dan & ZHANG Hao had a marvelous show, and a marvelous fall. I knew it was coming when they were talking about a quad throw...oi. But to have a major fall...stop the program...and then STILL get a Silver medal??!!!??? What the hell is wrong with this picture? Sure I feel bad for them...that sucks, especially since their program was looking better than the rest.

About the rest of the programs...BORING! There was no artistry this year. Sure they changed the rating system, but does that mean we have to sleep through the programs? Apparently.

Speaking of boring, the Gold Medalists: TOTMIYANINA Tatyana & MARININ Maxim. That program was just blah...and Tatyana didn't land one toss / lift (can't remember which) well at all. It was clumsy and obvious. But hell...Russia has been getting the gold for the last 12 Winter Games, so let's just give it to them again.

What could be wrong with the Bronze Medalist? Nothing...except that they came in third when compared to the other two. They had a great program, I enjoyed it. BUT...I guess that doesn't matter in Olympic Figure Skating anymore.

However...the real winners of the entire set was the third Chinese pair, PANG Qing & TONG Jian. Y'know...the Phantom of the Opera music pair. Should be...the Phantom of the Podium pair...because I thought THAT program was wonderful, artistic, and pretty darn near technically accurate. But hey...4th place is great for them.

Bottom line...I think they need to drop this sport. Its obvious they don't know what the hell they are doing.

manny321
thats the the hardest sport to judge.

really if Canada wanted to they could easily dominate the olympics if they ever got funded properly.

tlbauerle
Difficulty in judging doesn't mean biased....which it has been, and was again this year. I just don't know why people have been so quiet this time around. I am outraged!

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by manny321
thats the the hardest sport to judge.

really if Canada wanted to they could easily dominate the olympics if they ever got funded properly.

I don't know about that. I mean you forget countries like Norway, Finland, Switzerland, Russia. They all dominate in at least one sport during the Olympics.

DiamondBullets
I swear!, The north east Asian countries be tearin' it up at speed skating!

manny321
Canada really rebounded with winning 7 medals today. 2 gold medals are expected in hockey.

Canada is good in speed skating, hockey, curling.
We should be much better in snowboarding and luge/bobseld.

Imperial_Samura
Hahaha. Begg-Smith won Australia a gold medal - the first of the games for us, and one of only a handful we've ever won.

The funny thing is he's only been in Australia six years - before that he was Canadian, leaving Canada after being dropped from their ski team in order to pursue his fortune. Seem like the appropriate thing to mention in this thread.

Darth Macabre
Canada really rebounded with winning 7 medals today. 2 gold medals are expected in hockey.

Canada is good in speed skating, hockey, curling.
We should be much better in snowboarding and luge/bobseld.

I hate to say it but America will always rule in Snow boarding.... It's something that they just dominate to the point it's disgusting.

manny321
The AMerican threw away her Gold medal in a very stupid move of showing off and then she fell.

What i meant is that we should have more people in silver/bronze in snowboarding.

Anyways Canada looks to head to 20 medals. They won another 3 (gold,silver,bronze) for 11 medals total. They will get 2 from Hockey (liklely Gold) maybe some from Curling, and Men and Womens Relay short track skating.
I think there doing better then i and most Canadians expected them to do.

manny321
The Canadian team looks stronger, they could really do well in the 2010 olympics.

Its all about bobsled ans speed skating for Canada this weekend

Darth Macabre
The AMerican threw away her Gold medal in a very stupid move of showing off and then she fell.

What i meant is that we should have more people in silver/bronze in snowboarding.

Anyways Canada looks to head to 20 medals. They won another 3 (gold,silver,bronze) for 11 medals total. They will get 2 from Hockey (liklely Gold) maybe some from Curling, and Men and Womens Relay short track skating.
I think there doing better then i and most Canadians expected them to do.

Yeah, Jacobellis really screwed up...But atleast she laughed it off rather then throwing a tantrum.

Yeah, Canada had a superb day today.

RedAlertv2
Damn Canada is ahead of the US!

manny321
True and it will be a close race, The US has more gold Medals but canada will get many gold medals soon as well.
from 4 medals from yesterday to 11 medals today, nice show.
Maybe this has brought a massive morale boast to the Canadian team.

Bardock42
Just thought I'd step in and tell everybody that germany is first...cause we are obviously the best.

Darth Macabre
Finland look's like they're going to be taking the gold in men's hockey.

Bardock42
Damit Norway has most medals now. And US most gold.

debbiejo
big grin

Maybe you should be nicer to Americans...............lol

Bardock42
big grin

Maybe you should be nicer to Americans...............lol

Certainly not.

manny321
If Canada beats Finland today, i dont think so.

I see Sweden and Canada.

Radcliffe_Rocks
do you people ever talk about any thing besides hockey and bobsleding
not to be rude

manny321
Its our element. wink

Anyways Germany storms ahead with 22 medals with Austria with 19 medals.

US goes with third with 18 medals and 7 gold.

Canada ties for Third for 18 medals and 5 gold.

Norway ties for third but has 2 medals.

Canada has had its most sucessful winter olympics ever. We should finish with 20-22 medals.

Darth Macabre
If Canada beats Finland today, i dont think so.

I see Sweden and Canada.

Russia beat Canada today though. So Canada's out. I'm sticking with Finland beating Russia, then Finland beating Sweden in the gold medal game.

manny321
Nah Russia VS Sweden.

ARGH!!!!! This will be the biggest sports story in Canada for a while.
I think the only reason Canada won in 2002 is because they faced a weaker Finnish Team, then faced another easy counrty and had one hard game aginst the US in the final. Plus that team in 2002 was so much better. Defense was much better, and they had two of the top ten best hockey players ever. The 2002 team was Canada's best team ever.
This team had to many young players, that tried to win the game by themeselves.
They should have took more vetern players.
Russia is a powerhouse this year.

The saddest thing is that Canada is having its most sucessful winter olympics ever (in medals). But, because the men did not win gold in hockey these olympics will not be considered a sucess.

Darth Macabre
Nah Russia VS Sweden.

I think the only reason Canada won in 2002 is because they faced a weaker Finnish Team, then faced another easy counrty and had one hard game aginst the US in the final. Plus that team in 2002 was so much better. Defense was much better, and they had two of the top ten best hockey players ever. The 2002 team was Canada's best team ever.

The saddest thing is that Canada is having its most sucessful winter olympics ever (in medals). But, because the men did not win gold in hockey these olympics will not be considered a sucess.

I agree with you on Sweden, but Finlan's had a hell of a tournament so far.

manny321
I would like Sweden to win because i like there three top players.
Sundin, Alfredson, Foresberg.

Darth Macabre
Finland's defense is amazing though.

manny321
Yeah, but offence goes to SWEDEN.

Atleast we have a great chance for gold in Culing Final.

Darth Macabre
Yeah, but offence goes to SWEDEN.

Atleast we have a great chance for gold in Culing Final.

Who are they up against?

manny321
They face Finland.

It will be a big battle, however the Canadian team destroyed the American team 11-5 today. SO the Canadian team looks very very strong, however Finland has an amazing team too.

Will be a good game.

Darth Macabre
When do they play?

manny321
friday

Darth Macabre
I'll have to keep my eyes out for it.

Kyuubi x 20
i hope sasha cohen wins gold

Smasandian
Nah Russia VS Sweden.

It is sad.

Canada didnt win in male hockey is because other teams wanted it more. They were sloppy and didnt play sound hockey. In 2010, the team will be better because they will want the gold more because it was such as diseaster this year. Just think, it happened almost the same in 98, and then in 02, they come back and win.
I also think not having Lemuiux there to kick some sense into Nash, and other younger plays really hurt them. ( Or steve Y)

Makedde
One of our freestyle skiiers hurt her knee...

sonjay
Originally posted by Smasandian
It is sad.

Canada didnt win in male hockey is because other teams wanted it more. They were sloppy and didnt play sound hockey. In 2010, the team will be better because they will want the gold more because it was such as diseaster this year. Just think, it happened almost the same in 98, and then in 02, they come back and win.
I also think not having Lemuiux there to kick some sense into Nash, and other younger plays really hurt them. ( Or steve Y)

Man, I was upset to see them lose. Granted the USA is terrible, I was hoping that at least Canada would pull it out.

debbiejo
Finials for skating tonight...

manny321
Great Canadian will finish in third place in the medal count at 24.

Unless Russia wins two medals in the 50km biathlon.

silver_tears
Yeap, 3rd.
Italy won the 50 km free cross-country skiing, and Finland's going to take the gold for hockey I predict.
Germany owned with 29, that's 7 less than Salt Lake though.

And of the 24 medals of Canada, 16 are won by females w00t

Flavio
poor Brazil...

manny321
Sweden won the gold.
Thats good because the captain of the team (Matt Sundin) is also the captain of Toronto Maple leafs. He will likely be playing much better now.

Kyuubi x 20
it sucks that the olympics are over... i think winter olympics are better than summer! shuan white rocks!!!!

silver_tears
Winter are definitely my favourite.
It sucks about the NHLers not playing hockey after the 2010 olympics sad

manny321
They will play in 2010. That would be a ratings smashit.

Darth Macabre
They will play in 2010. That would be a ratings smashit.

Especially since they're in Canada...The country of Hockey.

botankus
Are the Olympics over yet? Who won?

silver_tears
Germany

botankus
Congrats to the Germans and I'll be cooking some Brats on the grill this weekend in their honor.

Well, I was going to do that anyways, but now I have a reason for buying that charcoal.

leonidas
Originally posted by Smasandian
It is sad.

on the otherhand, we had a medal bonanza!! the most successful winter games ever for canada. the new olympic program instituted a couple years back seems to have paid some dividends. 2010 looks very promising for canadians!

silver_tears
Come 2010, and the juniors will be eligible to play, and we (canada) have some amazing juniors who won gold. Not to mention that if Crosby keeps playing well he'll be able to go.

They better want it in 2010, like I said last year the NHL will be involved with olympic hockey.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.