Obi-Wan (AotC) versus Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ganner Rhysode
Now, IMO, RotS Obi would take Qui-Gon, so, let's pit the pupil against the master. Obi-Wan now is a Knight, and is very experienced in two lightsaber forms, and is himself very powerful. While Qui-Gon is a Jedi Master, he is also getting on in age, and is not very good in close quarters combat.

So, who do you think comes out on top?

Wesker
AOTC Obi-Wan practiced Form III, while we see that Qui-Gon Jinn has no worthwhile defense. I say that after awhile, Obi-Wan has this.

Captain REX
If anything, Obi-Wan could probably wear down his master with defensive maneuvers and then finish him.

Wesker
Yup. Ataru makes one use a lot of energy.

Captain REX
With all that flipping about and stylishness.

Fun stuff, though. Looks cool. thumbs_up

Wesker
Looks like a pain in the ass. Imagine if you pulled a muscle fighting a Sith lord.

Captain REX
...damn.

Wesker
Or Yoda gets a slipped disc? Pwnt.

PurpleSaber
It would be a long fight, but Kenobi would come out on top.

((The_Anomaly))
Agreed, AOTC Kenobi would win this. By ROTS he would pwn Qui-Gon.

Darth Traya
Yeah, Qui-Gon has no really redeemable features when it comes to Lightsabre combat.

((The_Anomaly))
Thats not entirely true. In TPM novel it is stated that Qui-Gon is one of the better Swordsman in the order.

He just got CRIMpWn3d by Maul. A younger, fiercer, and in general better swordsman.

Although your right, when you take the movie alone. Jinn doesn't look so hot.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Thats not entirely true. In TPM novel it is stated that Qui-Gon is one of the better Swordsman in the order.

He just got CRIMpWn3d by Maul. A younger, fiercer, and in general better swordsman.

Although your right, when you take the movie alone. Jinn doesn't look so hot.

It's the fact that he uses Ataru. If he used another form like Soresu or Djem So, he would be much better. Ataru is wastefull and too tiring to be of much use in combat.

((The_Anomaly))
Yes, I agree. I cant see why a humanoid would choose Ataru to be honest. Unless they were an unusually short or small one.

Qui-Gon was a big guy, Shien/ Djem So would have been a much better choice for Qui-Gon.

And Ataru isn't a 'wasteful' form if it is used correctly. Yoda pulls it off well. But in general normal human sized Jedi (and larger) really shouldn't be using Ataru. It just makes no sense.

Question: Is is ever stated why Qui-Gon decided to go such a different route then his master? You'd think he would have been inclined to learn Makashi from Dooku...

Darth Traya
Mabye he was too pussy to use Makashi, I dunno.

((The_Anomaly))
laughing

Or maybe Dooku just thought he was too stupid for him to teach Qui-Gon Makashi.

little Qui-Gon: "Please master, teach me form II"
Dooku: "No"
little Qui-Gon: "Why not?"
Dooku: "I hate you"
little Qui-Gon: "...oh"
Dooku: "Yea, you pretty much suck"
little Qui-Gon: *cries*
Dooku: "Jedi dont cry!! NO CRYING n00b!!!"
little Qui-Gon: "I'm not a n00b!!!"
Dooku: "Shut up n00b!"
little Qui-Gon: "No! NO!! I'm not a n00b!!!!" *Qui-Gon starts doing retarded Jedi flips*
Dooku: "Wow, your dumb, but you flip like a retarded monkey, you should learn Ataru"
little Qui-Gon: "REALLY!!??"
Dooku: "Shaddap..."

Lörd Sorgo
Jinn: Uh... Hey, Master.... How you doin'?
Dooku: Leave my presence, Queer Gon Jinn. Can you see the Martini?
Jinn: Um... Since your my master 'n all....
Dooku: What would you like?
Jinn: Can you teach me Makashi?
Dooku: Well....
Jinn: ...?
Dooku: ....Nah.
Jinn: What the f*ck? Why not!? I have an upcoming mission where I have to kick the shit out of some Sith Lord. I *NEED* it.
Dooku: Go use your damn Atari.
Jinn: It's Ataru.
Dooku: Whatever.... Makashi requires Elegance, Precision, Strength, Defense, Fa....
Jinn: I can be Elegant and Precise! AND STRONG!
Dooku: You're too useless. You'd make Makashi look horrid. I won't have that! You must be a Master of the Ancient Dueling form.
Jinn: How'd you become a Master of it?
Dooku: I sat here dranking Martinis.
Jinn: Really? Can you give me a shaken Ma...
Dooku: FOOL! I was trained, I read Holocrons.... I had to work hard to perfect this.
Jinn: If you taught me hard enough I could Master it. I have like shitloads of Potent, yo.
Dooku: I'm too damn old, Son! I don't want to waste my time teaching you! I'd rather spend the rest of my days drinking.... Martinis and reading the Kaleesh times.
Jinn: Lazy b*tch.
Dooku: Pardon?
Jinn: You suck! Master Yoda is an Ataru user and he'd f*cking smash you in a Lightsaber fight.
Dooku: That little green turd is eight hundred years old, you imbecile!
Jinn: Yeah? Well, he is short and stuff... SO YOU LOSE!
Dooku: Damn, you're stupid.
Jinn: Anyways, I am going to go kill that Sith Assassin! AND THEN LAUGH AT YOU!
Dooku: I'll make sure your remains are sent to your boyfriend.
Jinn: Screw off.

Jinn leaves. He fights Maul and dies.

Kenobi: Hey Dooku! Guess what? I killed a Sith Lord and I am a Padawan.
Dooku: Good for you.
Kenobi: You have alot of Credits in your hand... Where'd you get 'em?
Dooku: Jinnbets.
Kenobi: Jinnbets?
Dooku: I bet on Qui Gon Jinns fight. I said he'd get his ass kicked because he is a Goofy little peon who can't fight with Lightsabers.
Kenobi: That's not nice.
Dooku: The Sith also offered me a Shitload of money to lead some army and die to that weird slave kid at my retirement end.
Kenobi: Sweet! Can I come along?
Dooku: I'll give you the offer in the next movie.
Kenobi: Oh.... Okay....

PurpleSaber
Weird.

darthsith19
Been done before.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.